Muir Music DJ & Coordinating Service

Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara

"Music For The Moment"

Muir Music not only plays exceptional music that makes for a spectacular party he also works with you to individualize your reception so that it is unique. We can also serve as your day coordinator to ensure that your event runs as smooth as possible.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Mariachi, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Bow2010

Santa Maria, CA Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara (805) 478-8075
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Mariah M

Scott is an amazing Dj. He Djed my wedding in July and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect! Not only is he great at helping you plan the songs for the wedding but he is also great at helping you with the timeline for the wedding. He also came to the... Read More rehearsal and helped with the wedding party lineup and made sure things ran smoothly. On the wedding day it was his goal to keep the crowd entertained, get the party started and keep it going which he absolutely executed! He was by far the best of all the wedding staff. At one point I even saw him lighting the candles on all the tables (which was by now means his job/responsibility) but that just shows how much he makes sure things are taken care of. He also did uplighting on palm trees and such for my outdoor wedding and it looked amazing! I would absolutely recommend him to anyone in need of Dj services and I hope I get a chance in the future to use him again!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Lindsay S

Scott was absolutely wonderful from start to finish. Signing him up to DJ your wedding will be the best decision you make! Not only does he get everyone involved in the dancing portion of the event, he also is great at helping figure out timelines for day-of. He's easy to... Read More communicate with and does his research on the venue well in advance. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Meagan R

Scott was fantastic from start to finish! When we met with him, he was so professional and friendly. He truly understands the flow of the wedding day, how to read the crowd and the atmosphere, and keep the dance floor full. He goes above and beyond to ensure that everything... Read More flows smoothly. He made great song suggestions when we were making our music selections. We had a wonderful time! We highly recommend Scott for your DJ needs!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Julie B

Scott helped our special day go from great to amazing! Extremely professional and helped the entire day go smoothly. He let us pick what music we wanted for the ceremony and gave suggestions where we were getting stumped. We got tons of compliments after the wedding on how good... Read More the music was during our reception and dancing, he knows just what to play! Guests also had a blast in the photo booth we rented through him and at the end of the night, he was right there with the photo booth book of memories to hand off to us. You can tell that he really cares about his clients having the time of their lives and he is there to help make it happen. Would definitely recommend Muir Music to anyone who is asking for the best DJ!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Stephanie D

I could not recommend Scott Muir enough! From the start, we were planning our wedding from out of town and he was always responsive by phone or email. He helped us create a whole timeline for the wedding that was amazingly helpful, because we didn’t have a coordinator and I was... Read More able to use that same timeline to get everything coordinated with the other vendors. My husband and I can be very particular and picky about music, but Scott worked with our strange requests like a pro and totally nailed the old-school sound we were looking for. He also gave us great suggestions when we were stuck and starting to stress out about picking songs. In the end everything turned out perfect! So many people commented on our music at the wedding. It was very “us” and yet also danceable. At the end of the night, the dance floor was so packed that people were dancing on the carpet (don’t tell our venue, haha). It was absolutely wonderful and I can’t say enough great things about our experience with Scott.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Jim W

BOOK THIS GUY NOW! You see he is without a doubt the most experienced and amazing DJ one could have. We had about 60 people to our wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire time. More than that, he accommodated musicians and speeches, even miked the officiant and us... Read More for our vows ( had never even asked about that- He just did it) He TRULY wants your wedding to be everything you could dream it to be. Working in the digital space I have to say I loved his website for planning, really easy to use and super helpful. . It allowed you to work on a time line- Pick songs and so much more. My only suggestion is you MUST book him early as we lucked out and got him but at 6 months in advance he was really booked up.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Jennifer B

Scott is an amazing DJ! I recommend Scott without any hesitation what so ever. My finance and I worked with Scott to develop a play list we liked (don't worry there is a library to select from if you are like me and don't know the names of the songs) and the "special" songs to... Read More play. Scott is very knowledgeable and gave us advice when we needed it. The best proof of how good Scott is? He had everyone one dance floor immediately! I'm not sure (with my family) how he did it.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ciera R

I had reached out to a respected DJ who happened to be booked for my wedding weekend. He did however highly recommended Scott Muir for our wedding DJ. When we met Scott he was so professional and likable. Right away he and my dad hit it off. Scott is a veteran DJ. He understands... Read More the flow of the wedding day, atmosphere and reading the crowd for getting the party started. He goes above and beyond to ensure the day runs smoothly. He made excellent suggestions when choosing music for my guests. He totally gets the “big picture” and helps people get up and want to dance. We had a wonderful time! We highly recommend Scott for your DJ needs. (His wife Lisa coordinates weddings and is just as professional and organized. This husband and wife team made sure the day was everything we wanted and more. We couldn't have had the day go perfectly without them)

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Carina H

Scott Muir is AMAZING!! We just had our daughter's wedding two weeks ago, and it was GREAT hugely because of Scott. He's professional, fun, easy to work with, and went above and beyond. We really couldn't have asked for a better experience with a DJ. Extremely Grateful, Carina... Read More Hilbert

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Amanda S

We loved having Scott as our DJ! He did an amazing job working with us from start to finish! He played every song we requested plus more, was a great MC, and had the whole party on the dance floor! We would highly recommend Scott for any wedding event!!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Katy L

Scott was amazing on our wedding day! He made the whole day run smoothly and he was so good at reading the crowd and knowing what songs we liked. He worked with my coordinator and photographer to put together a timeline and adjusted it as the day went on. My family thought he... Read More was wonderful.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Cate L

I have worked with Scott prior to booking him for my own wedding. He was so helpful from the beginning and throughout the process. We needed suggestions for songs and he know exactly what we were looking for. The website login is very helpful as well. Scott stayed longer for... Read More us too and kept the party going. Our guests were just as impressed.

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Summer R

(March, 2017 wedding). No question, book Scott Muir! He was amazingly attentive, personable, affordable and easy-going. We met with Scott and his wife Lisa (who was our day of coordinator and equally awesome!) about 4-6 times the year leading up to our wedding. Scott knows... Read More what he is doing, he can read the crowd and pick the right music. He also knows how to keep the day moving/flowing smoothly. I have recommended Scott to 3 friends who have all booked him and love him (and Lisa!). Stop wasting time looking further and just book him! You will not regret it ;)

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Nikki M

Scott did a phenomenal job on our March 2017 wedding. He worked with us every step of the way to make sure that we were happy with our music choices. He coordinated with the venue, planner, and caterer to make sure that the timing was right for everything and that the night went... Read More smoothly.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Christine M

Scott was amazing! He worked with us from the very beginning in every way. He was so accommodating. He was so responsive and eat to work with. We had no idea what we were doing in terms of planning a wedding. We just had some music we wanted. He totally organized us and set our... Read More reception timeline. This made everything go so smoothly, which it wouldn't have if we didn't have Scott. We gave him some music and he filled in the blanks perfectly. Everyone loved the music and danced all night. We couldn't have done it without Scott! Thank you so very much!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Janelle L

My husband and I booked Scott for our Wedding in September 2016. Scott was absolutely AMAZING and if you DON'T book him for your event you will be sorry! He went way over and beyond and not only were my husband and I SUPER happy with him, so was both our parents and ALL of our... Read More guests. He kept things flowing smoothly and was extremely professional. He's easy to work with and is a great wealth of knowledge and advice when it comes to the ceremony timeline or anything for that matter! Thank you Scott for making our day that much greater!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Scott was amazing. He worked with us from the very beginning, helping us to customize our wedding. He went with us step-by-step to make sure we had all the right music, that the toasts were well handled, and even helped us stay on track with the wedding (using a schedule we... Read More collaborated on) by keeping us up to date on what the time was and what we were scheduled for next. The whole wedding went by so quickly that it is hard for me to recall every detail, but I know for sure that it is because of Scott's hard work that I was able to lose myself in the excitement of the wedding, knowing that everything was in excellent hands. Thank You Scott!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Scott from Muir Music was fantastic! His numerous years of experience are what set him apart from the others. Scott's number one goal is to provide you with exactly what you want and ...if you are not exactly sure what you want, his guidance is spot on. Not only did he provide... Read More fantastic music for the reception, he kept the flow of the evening going. We also had several musicians and singers perform during our ceremony, and he worked with them perfectly to make it a flawless ceremony as well. I had many guests comment on how impressed they were with all aspects of the music, and how much he contributed to the success of the wedding. I would give him 10 stars!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Megan M

Scott Muir did an exceptional job at my Presqu'ile Winery wedding in July 2016. Scott's outstanding professionalism started back in October when he was constantly available by phone and email to discuss his services with me. As a bride, the choices and information out there... Read More regarding vendors can be overwhelming! Scott not only helped me navigate his services, but he also gave me many recommendations for other vendors on the Central Coast. The moment we booked Scott for our wedding, we knew we were working with someone special. He was willing to meet with us in December, months before the wedding, to calm our wedding jitters and work out a wedding day of plan. He was always prompt with his communication and made choosing wedding songs a fun and easy task. When I was indecisive about choosing the wedding ceremony music (a very important moment for any bride and groom), Scott called me on the phone to give me lots of choices of music that would fit my personality and the venue. Scott, even attended our rehearsal, which was completely above and beyond what he was contracted to do. That is the type of professional Scott is; always being exceptional. The wedding DJ truly runs your wedding. They are the voice, they control the flow, and they can make or break your guest's experience. Scott took on the most important job of the day and did it with grace and ease. He kept every guest (from my 20 something year old friends to my 92 year old grandmother) dancing and laughing. He kept myself and my groom floating on air because we knew we were in the best of hands with Scott Muir running the show. I would highly recommend Scott Muir and Muir Music DJ and Coordinating Service to any bride and groom out there! I cannot wait to use him again for our next big event. Our day was flawless due to the professionalism and attention to detail by Scott Muir and Muir Music. We thank you, Scott Muir and Muir Music for making the wedding of our dreams a reality!

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Ashley O

Scott is absolutely amazing! Once we had decided on a start time for the ceremony, he put together the entire timeline for the night (dinner, pictures, cake cutting, first dance, etc). He had amazing suggestions for the special songs (first dance, introductions, garter toss,... Read More etc.) when I wasn't sure what to use. Scott knew exactly the type of music that worked for our crowd and hosted an awesome dance party...everyone had such a great time on the dance floor. He had people up and dancing that I didn't think would be out there! Scott also did a "he said, she said" game with myself and my hubby after dinner which everyone loved watching. It gave some good laughs! Scott is truly professional and on top if it all. He really helped make the night fun and stress free for everyone, especially me! I would recommend Muir Music to everyone!

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Makani R

Scott Muir was a perfect dj! He kept the partying going and was always super easy to work with. Your Dj will be the one who guides the ceremony, keeps guests connected, and helps with details. I can personally say Scott went above and beyond that. He was amazing. Thank you... Read More for our special day!!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Amanda G

Scott was amazing and I could not imagine our big day without him. He was a huge help leading up to the wedding and provided us with lots of easy-to-use planning tools. He even put up with some last minute surprises my sisters/bridesmaids threw at him and happily accepted them,... Read More working with them to make it happen. Definitely a huge thanks to Scott, he comes very highly recommended and is guaranteed to make your event a success.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Adrian D

Scott was a fantastic DJ, MC and helped make our wedding so memorable and fun! We had our wedding at Santa Margarita Ranch and even though we were in San Francisco, Scott was incredibly responsive and helped us even the day before when I had zero songs picked out. Hahha He was... Read More flexible and so helpful the day of and leading up to our big day. Great spirit, great energy and he played our Romanian music for traditional folk dancing which got everyone even more on the dance floor. I can't recommend him enough and send many a kudos his way. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Michelle G

Scott is wonderful! We liked him immediately and hired him on the spot! He will guide you through the tough decisions of timing and even music selections. He was a gem when we told him our cousin would be playing guitar at the ceremony and he helped to seamlessly integrate the... Read More live music. He is awesome! If you want someone you can trust, and that you do not need to constantly check in on, this is your man! He has a knack for getting everyone on the dance floor and gives great advice for how to run the evening smoothly. He played such a great blend of music- everyone from age 3 to 103 were dancing the whole night!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 darlene c

This past Saturday Scott was our DJ and he was AMAZING. He was so on top of everything and everyone had so much fun with all the music and games. I highly recommend Scott as your DJ, very professional and tons of fun. Thanks again Scott for being apart of our wedding and... Read More making it a blast!!

Scott Muir

Through out my years of being a DJ and years before, I have developed such a love for music. And how the songs I play at each event effects the mood of the guest. With that in mind, the music has to be perfect!