Music Host Entertainment

East Grand Rapids, MI
Serving all of Michigan

Classy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Courtney S

Booking with Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was the easiest part of our wedding planning process. Our DJ, Andrew Round, was easy to reach, flexible about meeting times, laid back, yet professional. After our initial meeting, I had total confidence that he would do an... Read More amazing job. My husband, Nick, and I decided to go with the Jazz Trio for cocktail hour and dinner, then DJ after dinner. The day of our wedding, Andrew was amazing. He had a presence that could only be described as classy. He looked as good as the wedding party in his tux! He had every detail taken care of; it was clear he knew what he was doing and he was so familiar with the venue and staff that everything was coordinated seamlessly. Every once in a while, he would check in with us to let us know what was coming up next and gave us time to finish up our mingling before we were needed to cut the cake or come up for our first dance, etc. He did so in a relaxed and well-paced manner. Never did it feel like things were dragging along or rushed. The trio was WONDERFUL. I could have listened to them all night! Everyone commented on what a nice touch it brought to the after-ceremony ambiance. They played beautifully and it was perfect for cocktails and dinner. Not too soft, not too harsh. Got people's attention but didn't overpower conversations at the tables. Andrew did a FABULOUS job playing fun music, appealing to different ages and genres. He really kept things lively. Nick and I had established a "No Play" list. No chicken dance, no Macarena, no Grease, etc. We also had a couple artists that we asked not be played. He respected our wishes and did so respectfully! Weeks after our weeding, we were out with friends. When a friend told us that he kept asking our DJ to play (banned artist), Andrew respectfully declined and explained our preferences in a way that was polite but firm, and with a smile. Rather than getting annoyed by his declined request, our friend was impressed with the way Andrew handled the situation. Enough so, that he wanted to make sure that he mentioned it to us! DO NOT GAMBLE WITH ANYONE ELSE in GR; Rick Reuther's does a great job and you will not be disappointed. Ask for Andrew - he's the consummate professional!

We had the night of our lives, and we owe it all t

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Mallory T

We used Music Host Entertainment for our DJ at our wedding this past Friday. Joel, was absolutely AMAZING! He went above and beyond any expectations we had, our guests were dancing ALL night long!!!

AMAZING! Stop looking and book them now!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Betsy R

Can not say enough good things about this DJ company. Great to work with and went above and beyond a normal DJ's job. Made the whole night run smoothly. You WILL NOT REGRET booking them!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katherine S

My fiancé and I chose Music Host Entertainment to provide DJ services at our October wedding reception after being highly recommended by our event planner. Their responsiveness, flexibility, and professionalism alone make them worth every penny. Our DJ, Joel, was both... Read More experienced and knowledgeable with regards to planning our reception. Joel set up Skype meetings and was quick to respond to e-mails when we had questions. This flexibility in our planning saved us lots of headaches as we live three hours from Grand Rapids. On the day of the event, Joel kept us right on schedule, as we were often distracted and socializing with our many wedding guests. He was personable, fun, and made sure that our chosen playlist reflected who we are as a couple. At the end of the evening many guests inquired about and complimented Joel’s DJ skills. Rick Reuther and Joel Steenstra were an absolute blast to work with and we plan to recommend them to many of our friends planning their future weddings. We are so happy that we chose Music Host Entertainment as they truly made the night unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Leslie K

We contacted Music Host Entertainment for our wedding back in January 2016. From our first call all the way to the wedding, we were very pleased with the attentiveness and professionalism of Music Host. All my questions were answered quickly during the planning process and they... Read More were very flexible with meeting times. Our wedding DJ, Jeff, was fantastic. He was so kind and we knew he was there to help US make our day special. He was very polite and attentive to our requests on and before our wedding day. He was well versed i music and had great suggestions for music choices at the wedding. He also kept us informed during our reception as to how the dances would progress. We were so happy with our experience with Music Host Entertainment and would recommend them to anyone for use in their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Stephanie S

We worked with Rick Reuther as our DJ, MC, and sound provider for our ceremony and reception. We had an initial meeting at the venue with the DJ and then corresponded via email. The process was seamless top to bottom. David, our DJ, did a fantastic job guiding everyone through... Read More the event and we did not have to worry about a thing. He was also very conscious when music was requested that we had specifically put on the black list. I would highly recommend working with this company to any bride. Helped make our wedding the perfect day.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Robyn B

We had a wonderful experience with Music Host!! Joel was our DJ for our September wedding. He made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. Very professional, classy and easy to work with, which made us feel completely at ease the entire night. He also made sure to play the... Read More songs we requested, making our wedding custom and personal. You will not be disappointed with Rick Reuther's!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Anna H

I used this company for my wedding based on the recommendation of several of my cousins who used them for their weddings! We worked with David White, who was extremely professional and thorough. I appreciated that he took the time to talk to myself and fiancé over the phone to... Read More go through the timeline and make sure he had the exact correct pronunciation of names etc. He was very flexible when we had a family member become ill and was unable to process into the reception. He quickly moved around the order of the groomsmen and bridesmaids and it went on without a hitch! I also appreciated that he touched base with me during the wedding, making sure that the songs we wanted were being played and that the order of events was correct before proceeding. Would highly recommend this company to any bride getting married in the Midwest area! The company is in Grand Rapids, but David was more than willing to travel to our wedding in Indiana for a very reasonable travel fee. The instrumental trio was also a lovely addition and our guests truly enjoyed being able to enjoy their music during dinner

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Jessica M

We cannot say enough great things about Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment. Andrew Rounds was our DJ and he was nothing but amazing from the first phone call all the way up to our wedding. He was very accommodating to our wishes and did a wonderful job at our wedding. I... Read More definitely recommend this company and Andrew for your DJ needs at your wedding reception!

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Jason F

Music Host Entertainment DJ'ed our wedding and we received so many complements from our guests, we and everyone else couldn't be happier. Rick was easy to speak with and very informative. He set us up with Jeff, who was the DJ for our wedding. Jeff took the time to get to know... Read More us and our musical tastes, he also help us establish a timeline for the big day and coordinated well with the carter and photographer. Jeff was awesome at reading the crowd, he knew just what to play to keep everyone interested and dancing. We highly recommend Music Host Entertainment.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Kellee F

Our guests can't stop talking about how much fun they had at our reception, in large part due to our DJ Don Kinney who had the dance floor completely packed the entire night. He catered to our entire guest list from age 20 all the way to 70! He was professional, attentive to our... Read More needs, responsive to my calls and emails, and treated you like family. Thank you so much for making our reception a night to always remember, Don. We would recommend you to anyone!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

After waiting many years, my partner and I were finally able to be legally married. We called on Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment to help us. Music Host provided a wonderful Jazz Trio for our wedding and dinner. They also provided an awesome DJ for our reception. We... Read More had an excellent experience working with the Rick's team during the planning of our event. They were professional, flexible and helpful. During the planning, they worked seamlessly with us and our other vendors to ensure our event flowed and had great music. Rick and his Jazz Trio helped make a large wedding and dinner feel close and intimate. The DJ, Kurt Ehinger, kept our guests entertained with music that set the mood and resonated with our guests. At the end of the night, we had a 15 minute professional firework show. Kurt did an outstanding job selecting and playing the perfect music…the guests thought the music was perfectly timed with the fireworks! The highest compliments for Rick's Music Host team came from our guests during and after the event. They all commented that they loved the music. Thank you to Rick, Kurt and Music Host Entertainment for making our wedding special!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Sam F

Andrew Rounds was the best DJ I have ever seen do a wedding. He was incredibly professional and attentive to our needs. Everything with him was perfect from our first meet to our wedding night. Don't even consider using another company because this one is the best. He also DJ'd... Read More my brothers wedding which was amazing and why I knew he was going to do an incredible job. If you can get him (because he's highly sought after) ask for Andrew. We couldn't be more pleased. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Natalie P

We were so happy we chose Music Host Entertainment for our wedding!! We worked with Andrew Rounds for our wedding a few weeks ago and had nothing but a positive experience from start to finish. I initially set things up through Rick Reuther and he was so helpful and... Read More accommodating linking us up with our DJ. Several weeks before our wedding, my husband and I met with Andrew and he was very professional and organized asking us about song requests, do not play requests, and pronunciation of our parents and bridal party. He had a whole list of questions that we hadn't even thought about and it was nice talking through them together ahead of time. We had a great time and felt very comfortable with one another at the end of this meeting. He told us we could message him at any point before the wedding to add requests or if we had any questions/concerns. The day of our wedding, Andrew showed up early to set up and was dressed professionally in a tuxedo. He did an amazing job acting as both MC and DJ! He kept things running on time and did a great job announcing cake cuttings, speeches, first dances, guest book etc. I had a special dance planned for the groom and he kept this quiet until it was time to perform. He moved from one song to the next seamlessly. From the moment the dance floor opened, it was packed. His music selection was absolutely perfect and he managed to get our requests (and our guests) in throughout the night! I have been to a lot of weddings (and also been in a lot), and I have never seen a packed dance floor at the end of the night until our own. Andrew announced and played the last song and afterwards everyone started chanting for multiple encores because he did such an amazing job! I truly cannot say enough about Andrew and Rick Reuther's. They were so professional and fun to work with. They were very reasonably priced as well. I would 100% work with them again and would recommend them to anyone looking for professional DJ or music services.

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Mary P

We had the trio and the DJ Kurt for our wedding. Both were very professional and they made the day so easy and stress free. Was one less detail to worry about! The DJ had people out on the dance floor the entire night and the dance floor was never empty!!! They also gave us a... Read More CD at the end of the night with all of the songs played in the evening, which was so thoughtful! Now we will have that memory! Loved booking with them and would highly recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Alicia S

Beyond impressed! We recently used Rick Reuther's MHE to book our DJ and pianist for our wedding. It was great to have so many options of music services to get everything we needed from one company. Joel Steenstra was our DJ and we HIGHLY recommend him. He is professional,... Read More talented and charming, the perfect combo for your reception host! He was also very informative when planning our reception, it made the processes so easy and stress free!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Pam V

We highly recommend David White. David set a great atmosphere for our event and kept folks on the dance floor all night. He was excellent at reading the crowd and keeping the party going. He did not make it about himself and was a dignified and engaging host. He contributed... Read More so much to the overall enjoyment of our night, and was amazing to work with leading up to the event. He takes a very thoughtful approach to his job, and made a bunch of really helpful suggestions for which songs we might want to use for different portions of the evening.

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Breanna F

2 words: Book them! David White was our dj and he did a fantastic job helping us plan and playing our playlist that we had delivered to him. While he was great, the truly magical part was booking the jazz band trio! Wow, they were great and everyone was raving about them! Very... Read More reasonably priced as well. Tom played the piano for the ceremony as well - and it couldn't have been more perfect. You won't have any regrets booking with these folks.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

So I'm creating an account here just to say that you must, must, choose MusicHost for your wedding and ask for David White. David was beyond amazing. We were having and Iranian/American wedding, with the iranian guests (half of the attendees) traveling in from VA, and my... Read More biggest concern was creating a fun, lively environment for everyone. Some people suggested that I bring in an Iranian DJ from DC, but I thought I'd check out Rick's team. I think I spent more in-person and phone time with David than anyone else associated with the wedding, and his professionalism and excitement turned the evening into a memorable event for everyone. He seemlessly transitioned between the genres that several of the Iranian guests told me (and him) that he mixed the Iranian music better than at any wedding they'd been to. So you're probably not throwing an Iranian/American wedding. But the professionalism and dedication to pull that off first time shows that David can handle anything. People loved him so much they invited him back to an out-of-town reception in VA! Book MusicHost. Ask for David. Have fun.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 Sarah S

I could not have asked for a better DJ! Andrew was wonderful, not only for the reception but his constant communication the months/weeks leading up to the big day. I also appreciated how quickly Rick called me after I initially inquired on their services. He is very detail... Read More oriented and a pleasure to work with. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat!!!

Slow start but got better

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Leslie P

I was a little disappointed at the beginning of our reception (after the first dance/ daddy daughter and mother son dances). Our DJ started to play another slow song... To me it got the night off to a slow start. No one wanted to dance after watching the traditional dances and... Read More another slow song starts. Then the music picked up and it was ok. Our DJ then proceeded to play all the group dances (the wobble, cha cha slide, cupid shuffle) all in a row. By the 3rd one people were leaving the dance floor. We did hear all the songs we wanted to hear and he kept to our "do not play list". I just think the flow of the night could have been a little better. Overall it turned out well.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Konika V

ICING ON THE CAKE Rick Reuther was recommended to me by my photographer. Rick returned my call the same day. We meet later that week and I booked him (the Trio and DJ) right then and there. One of the best decisions I made! Rick/Joel (the DJ) not only helped with putting... Read More the evening together but with the layout of the venue; since we used a private venue. The day of our wedding was perfect and it would not have been the same without the trio & Joel. The guests LOVED the live music and Joel made every transition (ceremony to cocktail hour to reception) seamless. In fact, our caterer was an HOUR late with the food and thanks to The Trio and Joel our guests never knew! I cannot thank Rick and Joel enough for making our special day so amazing. I recommend them to everyone I know. One of the best decisions I made! VanDrie/Cidanli

Mix of live and D.J.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Melinda H

We wanted a classic, vintage theme for our wedding, and Rick for the bill wonderfully. We had the live jazz trio during our cocktail hour which went very well to have that special touch of entertainment while the guests waited for us to return from pictures. He serenaded during... Read More the dinner and was wonderful. They also were able to play the ceremony music and were very easy to work with and super accommodating. The DJ was fun and played a great mix the entire night and honored all our wishes! They are higher end, but they wear tuxes and coordinate with the venue throughout the wedding planning, I think they are worth the price tag.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Jaclyn D

We couldn't have made a better decision in choosing Rick Reuthers to DJ our wedding. My fiancé and I were in a bind and had fired our previous DJ just a month before the wedding. Rick worked with us and personally coordinated with one of his DJ's, David White, to get us on their... Read More schedule. We couldn't be more grateful! David was professional, reliable and put on a great party for us! He worked with us to pick every song, and plan every detail of the reception. We had a blast and would highly recommend David and Music Host Entertainment to anyone looking for a quality, class act. Thank you Rick and David!

Start a Conversation!