Music Host Entertainment

Serving all of Michigan

Elegance and Fun!

Friendly, gracious professionals who provide a level of competence and class you may not have thought possible from a DJ company. Explore our signature Jazz pack option with a seamless flow of live dinner music to DJ dance music. Always delivering superb sound and lighting.

Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

East Grand Rapids, MI Serving all of Michigan (616) 459-1204

Classy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 2/29/2012 Courtney S

Booking with Rick Reuther's Music Host Entertainment was the easiest part of our wedding planning process. Our DJ, Andrew Round, was easy to reach, flexible about meeting times, laid back, yet professional. After our initial meeting, I had total confidence that he would do an... Read More amazing job. My husband, Nick, and I decided to go with the Jazz Trio for cocktail hour and dinner, then DJ after dinner. The day of our wedding, Andrew was amazing. He had a presence that could only be described as classy. He looked as good as the wedding party in his tux! He had every detail taken care of; it was clear he knew what he was doing and he was so familiar with the venue and staff that everything was coordinated seamlessly. Every once in a while, he would check in with us to let us know what was coming up next and gave us time to finish up our mingling before we were needed to cut the cake or come up for our first dance, etc. He did so in a relaxed and well-paced manner. Never did it feel like things were dragging along or rushed. The trio was WONDERFUL. I could have listened to them all night! Everyone commented on what a nice touch it brought to the after-ceremony ambiance. They played beautifully and it was perfect for cocktails and dinner. Not too soft, not too harsh. Got people's attention but didn't overpower conversations at the tables. Andrew did a FABULOUS job playing fun music, appealing to different ages and genres. He really kept things lively. Nick and I had established a "No Play" list. No chicken dance, no Macarena, no Grease, etc. We also had a couple artists that we asked not be played. He respected our wishes and did so respectfully! Weeks after our weeding, we were out with friends. When a friend told us that he kept asking our DJ to play (banned artist), Andrew respectfully declined and explained our preferences in a way that was polite but firm, and with a smile. Rather than getting annoyed by his declined request, our friend was impressed with the way Andrew handled the situation. Enough so, that he wanted to make sure that he mentioned it to us! DO NOT GAMBLE WITH ANYONE ELSE in GR; Rick Reuther's does a great job and you will not be disappointed. Ask for Andrew - he's the consummate professional!

We had the night of our lives, and we owe it all t

Reviewed on 7/30/2012 Mallory T

We used Music Host Entertainment for our DJ at our wedding this past Friday. Joel, was absolutely AMAZING! He went above and beyond any expectations we had, our guests were dancing ALL night long!!!

AMAZING! Stop looking and book them now!

Reviewed on 6/19/2012 Betsy R

Can not say enough good things about this DJ company. Great to work with and went above and beyond a normal DJ's job. Made the whole night run smoothly. You WILL NOT REGRET booking them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Adrianne R

Amazing DJ! They are the preferred DJ for Cascade country club and we were beyond impressed!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Ann T

When we set out to find a DJ for our reception, there was one thing we just had to have – personable! The day was about celebrating us with friends and family. We were blown away by Music Host Entertainment and in particular our DJ, Joel. We met with him beforehand and knew... Read More right away he was the one for our reception. Many of our guests commented that it was the best reception they had ever been to because the great music kept everyone dancing all night! Joel was very professional throughout the reception from knowing when to make introductions to ending the night with class. We highly recommend for any occasion!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Alexandra J

Rick and team made planning an out of town wedding so easy. My husband's family has been using Rick for years for family weddings so when it was our turn to plan ours it was a no brainer - especially being out of state. Rick and DJ Joel had excellent communication throughout the... Read More entire process and they did not disappoint on our wedding day! Our guests are still raving about how fantastic the entertainment was. Thanks for a great wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Mary E

Everyone we contacted at Rich Reuther Productions was extremely helpful, informative and flexible! We knew right away after speaking with Rick that we would book with this company. Our DJ for our wedding day was Andrew and was phenomenal. Andrew met with us several times before... Read More our big day and was always willing to come meet with us in Metro Detroit or schedule a phone conference on the weekends! I could not say enough WONDERFUL things about Andrw. On our wedding day, he did an amazing job coordinating with the venue owner and wedding planner the whole night. He made sure that we had the most perfect day and our gratitude and satisfaction is endless. If you or a friend/family member is in the Michigan area getting married soon, I definitely recommend booking with this company. You won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Michele K

The band complimented the event and dinner perfectly, and Andrew did a great job with introductions and exactly the mix of music we hoped for that would be fun for all ages. We had exactly what we wanted at the wedding, lots of dancing. Thank you to Music Host.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Maggie R

We are so happy we hired Music Host Entertainment for our wedding. DJ Andrew was great to work with and had every detail covered. He timed the night out perfectly so we didn’t have to worry about a thing. We had a relatively small wedding with 80 guests. He kept the party going... Read More until the last dance. I would highly recommend Music Host Entertainment to any engaged couple!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Patti G

Our Dj Jeff did a great job was wel prepared and profession in all interactions......he reached out early and was well prepared and organized. He was a great fit with our family & friends.....great wedding fun all around! Rick was great to work with also.....timely... Read More acknowledgment of receipt and payments. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kim F

A class act! from the initial phone call to the final send off - our experience could not have been better. We loved our DJ (Don) he was a sheer delight! If you'd like to be a guest at your own event, Music Host will certainly fill all the criteria. Great organization, great... Read More people, great service!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Natalie M

Booking with Music Host Entertainment was one of the easiest processes of our entire wedding planning! Prior to booking, Rick was patient and answered all our questions, and made us feel comfortable and confident that choosing them to be our DJ was the right decision. We met... Read More with our DJ, Jeff, about a month before the wedding. He emailed us a list of questions/requests prior to the meeting for efficiency and we felt confident during our final planning meeting that all would run smoothly on the night of our wedding. During our reception, Jeff was amazing! He pronounced all our wedding parties names correctly, played all the songs we wanted to hear, and checked in with us a couple times throughout the night to ensure we were happy. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! We would definitely recommend Music Host Entertainment to anyone looking for a DJ for any event!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Kellie A

We were so happy with our experience with Music Host Entertainment! Rick was always easy to get email or call to answer any questions that I had during the booking process. Kurt was our DJ for the wedding reception and he was awesome! We met up about a month before the wedding... Read More to go over all the details and to begin developing a song list. During the reception, he was great at keeping the evening flowing. After the reception he even gave us some CD's with some of the songs from the day, which we have really enjoyed listening to again! So glad we chose to work with the wonderful team at Music Host Entertainment for our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jodie V

Music Host Entertainment was easy to work with and met all of my DJ needs. Don was fantastic and kept the dance floor alive all night long. We continue to get complements about our DJ and how much fun guests had dancing. I highly recommend Don Kinney and Music Host Entertainment... Read More for your wedding!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Sandi S

Amazing DJ with amazing selection of music. Kept everyone dancing all night long.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Victoria W

Our wedding day was flawless and couldn't have gone any better. Joel, our DJ, was excellent and knew exactly what we were picturing after our first meeting. He managed to keep the dance floor packed the entire night and the jazz trio during dinner was phenomenal. I would give... Read More more than five stars if it were possible!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Ashley D

When I first sent an inquiry to MHE about availability and pricing, I was very impressed that the owner, Rick, called me on the telephone to speak with me and tell me more about the services his company provides, as well as answer all of my questions. I thought this was a nice... Read More personal touch instead of just responding to an email. For our wedding, our DJ was Andrew. He was phenomenal! His playlist was on point the whole night and everyone had a great time. He was very easy to work with and willing to play a family toast that we had taped on audio, which made the night all that more special for us and our family. Overall, had a great experience with MHE and would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Andrea B

My husband and I are not dancers so we initially were not going to have a DJ. Joel from Music Host Entertainment was wonderful . We had no idea how much we needed him to keep the flow going during our reception. Joel kept us on schedule while not being pushy. He read the... Read More crowd and kept the party going. He even got us to dance at our own wedding.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Norma L

We hired Music Host Entertainment for our daughter's wedding, and they worked seamlessly with a live band and exceeded all our expectations. The bride and groom were out of state, and they Skyped with them to get their needed input. They worked so beautifully and coordinated... Read More just exactly as we wanted them to, and it was a most excellent gathering! They read the group exactly right and had them dancing all night! (All this to surprise the bride and groom who didn't much believe their guests were the dancing type!) Very professional, I would have no hesitations in recommending Music Host Entertainment.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016

We used Music Host Entertainment for our wedding ceremony and reception in October. Our DJ, David White, was AMAZING!! From the initial meeting down to the day of the ceremony, David was very organized and super friendly. We live 6 hours from the site of our wedding and they... Read More were very flexible in meeting. He had some great ideas for when we were stuck for song choices and really listened and made our reception what we wanted. Our dance floor was packed the entire night! We are so happy that we chose Music Host Entertainment as they made our big day even more unforgettable! A couple months later we are still hearing how fun our reception was!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katherine S

My fiancé and I chose Music Host Entertainment to provide DJ services at our October wedding reception after being highly recommended by our event planner. Their responsiveness, flexibility, and professionalism alone make them worth every penny. Our DJ, Joel, was both... Read More experienced and knowledgeable with regards to planning our reception. Joel set up Skype meetings and was quick to respond to e-mails when we had questions. This flexibility in our planning saved us lots of headaches as we live three hours from Grand Rapids. On the day of the event, Joel kept us right on schedule, as we were often distracted and socializing with our many wedding guests. He was personable, fun, and made sure that our chosen playlist reflected who we are as a couple. At the end of the evening many guests inquired about and complimented Joel’s DJ skills. Rick Reuther and Joel Steenstra were an absolute blast to work with and we plan to recommend them to many of our friends planning their future weddings. We are so happy that we chose Music Host Entertainment as they truly made the night unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Leslie K

We contacted Music Host Entertainment for our wedding back in January 2016. From our first call all the way to the wedding, we were very pleased with the attentiveness and professionalism of Music Host. All my questions were answered quickly during the planning process and they... Read More were very flexible with meeting times. Our wedding DJ, Jeff, was fantastic. He was so kind and we knew he was there to help US make our day special. He was very polite and attentive to our requests on and before our wedding day. He was well versed i music and had great suggestions for music choices at the wedding. He also kept us informed during our reception as to how the dances would progress. We were so happy with our experience with Music Host Entertainment and would recommend them to anyone for use in their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Stephanie S

We worked with Rick Reuther as our DJ, MC, and sound provider for our ceremony and reception. We had an initial meeting at the venue with the DJ and then corresponded via email. The process was seamless top to bottom. David, our DJ, did a fantastic job guiding everyone through... Read More the event and we did not have to worry about a thing. He was also very conscious when music was requested that we had specifically put on the black list. I would highly recommend working with this company to any bride. Helped make our wedding the perfect day.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Robyn B

We had a wonderful experience with Music Host!! Joel was our DJ for our September wedding. He made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. Very professional, classy and easy to work with, which made us feel completely at ease the entire night. He also made sure to play the... Read More songs we requested, making our wedding custom and personal. You will not be disappointed with Rick Reuther's!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Anna H

I used this company for my wedding based on the recommendation of several of my cousins who used them for their weddings! We worked with David White, who was extremely professional and thorough. I appreciated that he took the time to talk to myself and fiancé over the phone to... Read More go through the timeline and make sure he had the exact correct pronunciation of names etc. He was very flexible when we had a family member become ill and was unable to process into the reception. He quickly moved around the order of the groomsmen and bridesmaids and it went on without a hitch! I also appreciated that he touched base with me during the wedding, making sure that the songs we wanted were being played and that the order of events was correct before proceeding. Would highly recommend this company to any bride getting married in the Midwest area! The company is in Grand Rapids, but David was more than willing to travel to our wedding in Indiana for a very reasonable travel fee. The instrumental trio was also a lovely addition and our guests truly enjoyed being able to enjoy their music during dinner