Music Man Entertainment

Albany Saratoga Troy, NY

Music Man Entertainment - DJ Mike Garrasi

"When you're ready to have the time of your life during your wedding reception and throughout the entire planning process - contact a Trusted Wedding Professional - DJ Mike Garrasi" Great Music & Event Coordination. Bose Sound System. Monogram, Up Lighting & Video Presentations are available!

Music Types

60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, Big Band/Swing, Classic Rock, Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Indian, International, Jazz, Latin, Oldies, R&B, Soul, Top 40/Pop, Variety

Specialties

Ceremony DJ, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Coordination Services, Lighting, MC Services, Uplighting

Albany Saratoga Troy, NY

By FAR the most talented, professional, and amazing DJ out there ...

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Allison S

We officially tied the knot on October 12th and were fortunate enough to have Mike as our DJ. Mike came HIGHLY recommended by numerous people in the Capital Region. Five minutes into our first meeting together over a year ago, I knew he was going to throw us a PARTY. Mike amazed me when we met one month before the wedding, with his post-it notes, highlighters and files. His organization and attention to detail made me so incredibly happy. Mike remembered everything we requested, and was more than happy to satisfy our "wild and crazy" ideas.... he even helped us pull off a flash mob style conga line, father of the bride speech accompanied by music, and a wedding party dance number. My husband and I cannot stress enough how absolutely incredible Mike was to work with. His energy was contagious and he had the entire dance floor packed the whole night. Mike has true talent - he knows his music, and more importantly follows his intuition, reading the audience and knowing exactly what to play and when, to get the guests moving. We only had to give Mike a short list of our favorite songs for him to pick-up on our vibe and understand our style. We had all our faith in the world in Mike. To us, music was one of the most important elements of our wedding, and I can honestly say that we did not worry about this once! We trusted Mike and he BLEW US AWAY, as we knew he would. Three weeks later our guests are still raving about our wedding, and how the whole night was filled with so much energy and laughter. That is in LARGE part thanks to Mike. Mike - we only hope we get to work with you again some time in the future! xoxo- Allie & Steve

Amazing DJ

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Tina R

Mike Garrasi of Music Man Entertainment was such a joy to work with. His professionalism was impressive. He always got back to you right away if you asked him anything. Plus his knowledge about what songs would be the most fitting were spot on. He's extremely personable and he has a unique understanding for what it takes to create a perfect reception. My husband and I went back and forth on whether to use the Up Lighting. From our experience we would have to definitively say go with the Up Lighting. It's worth every penny. It added character and atmosphere to the reception. If you are in the process of looking for a DJ and don't know who to pick, Mike Garrasi is your DJ. Thank you Mike for all your support and your expertise to make our special night even more special. Tina And Dean Smith

Awesome DJ

Reviewed on 2/26/2014

I loves working with Mike! He has such a great energy and loves his job. He is easily available and easy to work with. He really know what he is talking about and made my wedding planning easier with his great suggestions an upbeat personality. He kept the dancing going at my small wedding and I would definitely recommend him to my friends!

Reviewed on 6/27/2015 Chelsea F

I have nothing but amazing things to say about Mike Garrasi! When you work with Mike you get so much more than a DJ. Mike was instrumental in helping us plan the flow of events for the day and created the perfect atmosphere for our guests with his expertise in both music and lighting. He also collaborated with our videographers and photographers all throughout the night to make sure they wouldn't miss a second of the action, such as the first dance, cake cutting, and personal speeches by family and friends. What's even more impressive is that he managed all of this while catering to my personal (and very finicky) tastes. As a trained musician, I am very picky about my music selections, but Mike managed to meet and even exceed my expectations. I think the reason why Mike is so successful in the wedding industry is because he makes an effort to get to know his clients, both individually and as a couple. Mike turned all of our musical tastes and personality quirks into the perfect playlist for our wedding! He even played my husband's favorite song- without us ever telling him what it was!! Mike did an exceptional job and we have received many compliments since the wedding. We are so grateful to have had such a high caliber of professional working to make our wedding perfect. Thank you, Mike Garrasi!!!

Number one dj

Reviewed on 6/22/2015

Music Man Entertainment is the only dj I will ever use!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Allison M

11/10 would Garassi again! Mike responded immediately and with excitement to our request for his DJ services. His professionalism is only matched by his love for what he does and his exceptional work. Mike was available to us night and day when we had questions or needed extra help. Everyone at the wedding was on the dance floor before it "opened" for dancing and he kept the party going all night! Mike offers more than music and lighting services, he offers an unforgettable event. Everyone wished we had more time to dance! Thanks again Mike, we'll be in touch for future events!

May 30th - Alli and James - Mike was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Alli C

When we got engaged in December of 2013 we booked mike 2 weeks later for our wedding 18 months out. We heard nothing but good things and great reviews. Mike did not disappoint. He ran the entire reception perfectly and made sure that my husband and I were ready and knew exactly when things were going to happen. I had a lot of special dances and he fit them all in amazingly. Also we had a wide range of songs and he had the dance floor packed he entire night. Mike had 3.5 hours to kill with dancing at the wedding and he was perfect. If you are looking for the perfect day and with no worries - Mike is your guy!!

Mike was great!

Reviewed on 5/27/2015 Valorie H

Mike was a DJ for our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He did a great job paying attention to our specific requests and also playing an array of music that catered to my grooms taste and mine which are somewhat different. He also did a good job of getting various age groups out of their seats and dancing. He would check in to see if everything was alright throughout the reception which was nice too. Although he's a bit more expensive than other DJ's, you get what you pay for. I'm a firm believer in that. Mike thought to mic up our officiant during our outdoor ceremony; something nobody else mentioned when I was screening vendors. He also brought standing mics and wireless mics for the readings and toasts. Everything went flawlessly and I'd recommend Mike to any friend or family member in the market for a DJ. Thanks for making our day special Mike!

Best DJ!

Reviewed on 5/10/2015 Rachel W

Mike was absolutely amazing for our wedding. He coordinated very well with our other vendors and was so much fun to work with. My husband and I highly recommend him-- he's the best in the business. I would hire him again in a heartbeat. He's fun, personable, and totally upbeat.

Awesome Night, Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 4/22/2015 Alison C

We are so happy we chose Mike to DJ our wedding ceremony and reception! Throughout the entire process he was very responsive via email and phone and made us feel confident in our choice. He was also extremely flexible with our requests and last minute changes; whether that was quickly adding a name to the reception entrance, getting an amp and guitar hookup ready for the groom to play and sing at the ceremony, or helping my maids of honor perform a rap during their speech. Not only did Mike play awesome music that kept everyone dancing all night, he was also the perfect master of ceremonies throughout the whole event. Everything flowed so easily and was very organized- we didn't have to worry about a thing! My only request was that he play music that kept both the younger and the older crowd dancing all night and he nailed it! You can not go wrong choosing Mike to be your DJ!

Our Wedding

Reviewed on 3/24/2015 Alyssa P

Music Man Entertainment was unbelievable. When my husband and I first met Mike we fell in love with his energy! He asked us about music we liked and tailored the entire night to it! He really made the night about us. He recommended a violin quartet that played Led Zepplin and Pearl Jam to my husband, which completely blew him away. The night was perfect, and we would highly, highly recommend Mike to anyone for their Wedding!

Amazing DJ..Best ever!

Reviewed on 3/22/2015 Meagan G

Mike the Music Man was absolutely awesome!! We were so happy and knew we made the right choice with having Mike as our wedding Dj, since the minute I first talked to him!! Mike is full of energy and is so positive! It really shows in his work and made our wedding day amazing. Without Mike as our Dj, it wouldn't have been as awesome. His positive energy, AMAZING music selection, and professionalism kept ALL the guests dancing all night long. The uplighting really made the room absolutely beautiful! Mike made the wedding planning go smoothly. You get more than just a DJ when you choose Mike The Music Man!! We got so many compliments on the DJ! Thank you Mike!! -The Snays, 3.21.15

BEST DEEJAY IN THE AREA!!!!

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 Ashley W

Mike Garassi is an outstanding deejay and by far one of the BEST in this area!!! He had everyone on the dance floor all night long. I had guests complimenting his playlist from cocktail hour through dinner into the dancing. He focused on our music preferences, and helped make every moment of the reception so personal to the groom and I. His amazing attention to detail however is really what made the night. The groom and I had a very specific vision of how we wanted to conclude our ceremony and make our kiss an absolute movie picture moment. Mike had the ceremony music cued to the very SECOND, and it was just BREATH TAKING!!! If we could give Mike a 5+++ rating, WE WOULD WITHOUT THINKING TWICE!!!

Great dj

Reviewed on 1/18/2015 Allison A

He did a great job! Everyone was on the dance floor and had a blast!! Took requests from guests and everything was approved thru the bride and groom

The Best in the Business!!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Marika C

From the moment we booked Mike, we knew our wedding was going to be a blast! Our wedding was over a month ago, and we are still hearing from friends and family about how much fun our wedding was and how great the DJ was! Mike, thanks so much for a such a fun and memorable night, you're the best!!!

SO much more than just a DJ.. you won't be disappointed

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 christina A

Mike exceeded all of our expectations for a wedding DJ. He worked with us to plan all the details, even with a 5 hour time difference while we lived in Hawaii! He took a phone call at 11:30pm in order to make sure he was meeting all of our needs. All we had to do was answer Mike's simple questions and he put it all together. He truly acted as a professional Master of Ceremonies, not just a DJ. We had several special requests, but Mike accommodated us with great enthusiasm. We truly felt like he was there to make our wedding night the best one he has ever been a part of. SO easy to work with, friendly, and professional. All our guests loved Mike too! THANK YOU!

Best DJ EVER!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014

Mike is absolutely incredible! Our wedding was only yesterday, but I wanted to make sure I shared what a fantastic job Mike did. From the moment we booked him until the day of our wedding, Mike went above and beyond the call of duty. He was always there to answer any question or concern, and was attentive, considerate, and professional at all times. Everyone told us how great the music was at our wedding and that was all thanks to Mike. He really made our wedding day!

Iconic Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Tumi O

Mike is the consummate professional. He takes the time to get to know your musical tastes, the vibe you want for your event, and the correct version of each song to make sure it's right on your big day. He matched our tastes perfectly with the selections he added to our playlists. Even more than keeping the music playing, and the party upbeat, he is meticulous about executing your program as a master of ceremony, he provided uplighting and worked with our elaborate lighting program. He did this all with a smile that made us how genuinely happy he was for us. Mike is a great guy and an iconic Wedding DJ. He's a sure bet. The only reason not to use him, is if he's not available.

Music Man is Second to None!!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014

When my wife and I first met Mike at a Michael’s Banquet House wedding show, we knew he was the DJ we wanted for our big day. His experience showed more and more as we met with him leading up to our big day. His attention to detail was second to none, even down to making sure that he pronounced everyone’s name exactly how it should sound. His willingness to work with any idea we came up with was top notch. And most importantly, when it came time to get down on the dance floor, he exceeded our expectations by leaps and bounds. The Floor was packed all night. And ending the night with “Iesha” by Another Bad Creation really made my wife’s night. We are still getting complements on Mike as our DJ to this day. We would recommend Mike the Music Man to anyone and everyone. Don’t ever remember spending that much time on the dance floor at a wedding ever. Thanks Mike for making our special day one that we will never forget. Warren & Iesha

The Best DJ in Upstate NY!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Amanda G

We had seen Mike in action at another wedding, and knew immediately when we started planning our big day that we wanted him to lead the charge of getting our party started! As we expected, he did not disappoint. What we liked most about Mike was not only his amazing selections of fun, energetic and appropriate music that guests of all ages can enjoy, but the fact that he truly cares about contributing and making a positive impact on the biggest night of your life. Outside of being a great DJ, he is a great person and true professional. He keeps the night moving along, helps to mitigate anything that comes up unexpected, and most importantly.... keeps your dance floor packed and rocking out all night!!! We couldn't have asked for a better MC/DJ... Thanks for everything Mike!!

Best DJ Ever!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2014 Katie C

From the first phone call with Mike all the way through the end of our wedding reception, Mike was such a pleasure to work with and did a phenomenal job from start to finish. We knew that we wanted a DJ for our reception and spent a lot of time researching DJ's in the area. Mike responded to our inquiry right away with a personal phone call, and actually took the time to get to know us and what we wanted at our reception regarding our entertainment. We have been to many weddings and knew that the DJ can make or break a wedding reception, and Mike completely surpassed our expectations. During our final meeting, Mike spent a lot of time with us organizing our reception and helping us plan our night. It was a stressful time in wedding planning and he put our minds at ease and it was such a relief to know going into our wedding date that he was going to take care of everything and that we had nothing to worry about--and the day of, he did absolutely that and more. He gave great suggestions regarding timing and song selection and accommodated any last minute changes we had with ease. We also used his uplighting during our reception and it really enhanced our venue.He was so great to work with and kept everyone on the dance floor all night. We can't say enough about his work and we were so happy to have him for our wedding!! We have and will continue to recommend him to anyone! Thank you Mike!! -Katie & Rob

Mike was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. Look no further...Book him now!!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Heather G

Mike was ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL. Look no further...Book him now before someone else books him for your date, because it will happen!!!!!!!! We knew from the first time we spoke on the phone that we were in great hands and would have absolutely nothing to worry about. He always was very prompt in responding to emails during our planning process, and had awesome ideas for a few extras that we worked into our reception. (and I thought I had already thought of everything!!) During our reception, we had so many people telling us how much they loved the music. There were so many times while we were on the dance floor that we looked around and were astounded at how many people were on that dance floor with us, thanks to Mike's excellent work. He knows how to set the mood, and knows how to get people on their feet. One of the stars of our dance floor was a man in his 90's!! We had the time of our lives!! Thank you so much Mike for being a huge part of our perfect wedding! ~Heather & Jason~

Music Man Entertainment

Reviewed on 11/04/2014

Having Mike Garrasi as the DJ for our wedding was one of the best decisions Lauren and I have made. From the first introduction call to the final handshake good bye, Mike was the most enthusiastic, professional, amazing (the adjectives can go on and on) individuals we worked with. When Mike first shared that he would be there for us to answer any questions, he truly meant it. He would get back to us either by email, text or social media with an answer to our question or ideas. We were even changing things up minutes prior to being introduced, and Mike casually altered things and it went off with a glitch. The service that he provided was much more than just music at our cocktail hour and reception, Mike was able to generate excitement with our guests from the moment they first entered all the way up to the last song. He was the entertainment backbone to the whole reception and truly an instrumental part of our wedding day. The reception would not be what it was with out Mike. And if people are reading this looking for a DJ for any event, look no more and get in touch with him.

The PERFECT DJ!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Ashley A

We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding day!! Mike was a pleasure to work with and was always available for any questions that we had. His vibrant personality and professionalism throughout the whole wedding process was amazing. Mike had our guests dancing all night and we received many compliments on the music selections at the end of the night. Music is such an important aspect of a wedding, and something that everyone remembers. We were confident from the start that we chose the right DJ, and he made our whole evening worry-free. Thank you so much, Mike, for making our wedding unforgettable!!!!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

When I got engaged 2 years ago I knew that I wanted Mike to be our DJ. After booking the Canfield Casino, he was the second person we got on our wedding team. Mike completely understood the tone I wanted to take with our wedding. Since my husband and I were dating for 11 years before our marriage, we wanted a party more than a formal wedding. Mike got that and my husband and I couldn't be happier. Mike took on the role as not only our DJ but part of our planning team, he even helped us find the photographer! Throughout the 2 years of planning, Mike checked in and couldn't wait for our day! One of the greatest things he did was help us placement of a special song in our family. Journey's "Don't Stop Believing." He suggested that we have that as our last song and let me say, what a moment that created! Throughout the whole wedding and even know, I have people coming to me and saying this was the best wedding they have ever been to! It's been an amazing process and I owe a lot of it to Mike Garassi! My advice to the people who are planning their wedding...Hire Mike!

TO Music Man Entertainment