Excellence in Entertainment Experiences

Your wedding reception should create memories that last a lifetime. At Music Man Productions, we've been creating lasting memories for over 27 years. We're committed to excellence in coordination, communication, and performance.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Music

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Mackenzie S

Curtis with Music Man Productions was PHENOMENAL to work with. He was always willing to meet with us and answer questions at any time, he was professional but knew how to have fun, and he was wholly focused on the bride and groom's goals for music. You will not be disappointed... Read More in choosing Music Man Productions as the DJ for your wedding.

Awesome Dj!

Reviewed on 7/06/2015 Sara S

Curtis was great to work with! He let me know well ahead of time if there needed to be any changes and he was really easy to get ahold of with any changes or questions on my part. We also had his uplighting package and he set up everything up perfectly while we were at the... Read More ceremony. I can't even tell you the amount of compliments I had of his performance at the wedding-he was an excellent DJ and I highly recommend Music Man Productions to those who want an awesome dance party!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/07/2014

Music Man in Iowa was absolutely amazing. He played music for our ceremony, set up a projector for a video and DJ the ceremony. He was more than willing to help out in anyway that he could. He allowed us to pick our own songs and he kept the party going. He is very friendly and... Read More fun for all. I would highly recommend him for any wedding or party. Excellent at what he does.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Sara K

Curtis impressed us from the first conversation. I have been to so many weddings where I didn't care for the music, but with Curtis' customer portal, you can literally choose every song you want played. We only chose a few of our favorites, and left the rest to Curtis, and it... Read More was perfect. Curtis was professional and organized, and we would highly recommend Music Man Productions.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Jade B

Curtis was so flexible and easy to work with. He was able to help us stay on time and was willing to work with our photographer. He was able to mix in guests requests with our playlist and made sure our "no play" list was followed. We had a wonderful time and would highly... Read More recommend there services to anyone.

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Laura H

We loved Curtis with Music Man Productions! We had our guests provide us with song requests on the RSVP cards, so we were able to add them to the software program he has for his clients ahead of time which made things very easy. The guest requests had a wide variety of music and... Read More we heard many great comments on how he was able to pull it off. Curtis also did a great job as our MC. He dismissed everyone from their tables to eat using Q&A questions about the bride and groom. It helped pass the time and kept our guests entertained. It was also a great bonus that we were able to get our uplighting through Music Man Productions as well. We highly recommend Music Man Productions for your future wedding or event!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Katherine B

Curtis, our DJ, played everything we wanted! The music he played for dinner and cocktail hour was perfect. He kept the night moving and fun, he prompted us according to our schedule, and he ended the evening right on time according to our venue. I'd hire him for ANY DJ service... Read More in a heart beat.

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Sean M

Curtis was amazing. He worked with us and helped to get the order of the reception figured out. He played up to date music and all our guests loved his choices. We got the wedding unlimited package. The value way exceeded the costs. the up-lighting around the room was awesome.... Read More He also did a fantastic job as the MC of the reception. He kept things flowing very well. It would be a wise decision for anyone to go with Music Man Productions for their next event!!

Reviewed on 7/04/2016 Erica M

Five stars isn't enough! We used Music Man for our July 2 wedding and couldn't have been happier. He kept the pace of events timed great and the music lively. It was a fun time!! We had a family tragedy a few days before the wedding and Curtis was kind enough to add a last... Read More minute moment of silence to eloquently and respectfully remember our family members. Would definitely use them again!!

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 April D

Music Man Productions made our wedding vision come true. Curtis was an adept Master of Ceremonies and an absolute joy to work with! He provided the music for the ceremony, grand entrance, dinner and reception. Their website is user friendly; I loved designating and prioritizing... Read More our song list. Curtis found our odd songs requests (the theme song from Mortal Kombat and Peanut butter Jelly Time) and happily played our top 20 requested songs. I cannot speak more highly of Curtis and his company!

Excellent DJ!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Jena L

Curtis was great - we met with him a couple times before the wedding. We also communicated very effectively via email in between meetings. The client software he uses to allow party's to choose their music is fantastic. My fiance and I spent many hours browsing the site for the... Read More right songs. When it came to the day of the reception, we asked Curtis to just play what people were dancing to. He did a great job of keeping the party going. Thanks, Curtis!

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Christina B

One of the most important things I wanted for our wedding was a good DJ. Our first pick DJ was not available so I had reservations about using musicman especially because there were not many reviews on ROn. I was SUPER happy with Ron and musicman! Ron kept the dance party going... Read More all night and even stayed an hour later to keep it going. I had a great time dancing the night away and so did our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend music man. I would also like to add that they were very affordable especially compared to some others and well worth it!! The only thing downside was I had to make sure he kept playing songs in my "must play" list which I must add was very extensive!! I do think it managed to play all on the list (note--I was very particular and am guessing most brides aren't when it comes to music)

Music made easy!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Ron really made the music for the reception and the sound for the ceremony so easy for us! We had an hour long meeting with Ron to discuss what we wanted and on the day of the wedding he took care of everything. Truly perfect service from Ron. His performance and professionalism... Read More were flawless. I would recommend to everyone.

Great

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Jordan B

Curtis was amazing. He was extremely organized. I didn't have to worry about anything. He made sure he, the videographer, and photographer were where they needed to be. The music was great and he kept people on the dance floor.

Music Man DJ

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Kristen S

Music Man Productions had everyone at our wedding on our dance floor the entire night. Seriously, our dance floor was packed. We couldn't be happier with the service provided by Ron. He agreed to meet with us before the big day to go over details and was such a pleasure to work... Read More with on the wedding day! He was very flexible and open and really knows his stuff. You can't go wrong by choosing Music Man Productions!

LOVE MusicMan Productions!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014

MusicMan Productions are dependable, organized, and are a great group of people to work with to make your wedding day all that dreamed of! The song list, wedding slideshow, layout of the ceremony and reception events was all organized and ready to go before the day arrived so... Read More we knew what to expect on our wedding day. Curtis did a great job of meeting our wedding and reception needs and communicating all plans with us as well. My husband and I are very happy with the service we received from MusicMan Productions and would highly recommend them to other brides & grooms!

Sorority Social Event

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

Craig was flexible, energetic, and made the night a lot of fun!

2014-10-20T14:23:20 Response from the vendor

We appreciate your review! Actually, Curtis was the host for your party and like you he enjoyed every minute of it!

Alan & Allison Disch 6/14/14

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Allison L

Curtis was not only our DJ but also our officiant! Professional and fun! We had a blast planning our ceremony and reception with him! Curtis always responded to communication promptly and was open to ideas. We are very pleased with the service he provided! It was the best day of... Read More our lives and he helped make it special!

Fun, flexible, and entertaining!

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Ellyn M

We got married in August of 2014 and Eric helped with our music. He is exceptionally easy to work with and likes to put on a great show for all ages at the reception. Many times the music can be to loud during dinner where you can't talk or at the dance where the older folks... Read More don't want to stay for long but we received many compliments about how Eric was great about the volume level and the types of songs being played. We were only able to meet with him last minute in person as we lived out of town and he was very professional, easy to talk to, took our ideas and ran with them in a direction that would be fun for everyone. We had some requests of songs that should not be played, the light situations for health reasons to multiple guests, and some other special requests that he was gracious to work with and made sure everything went off without a hitch! Music Man Productions is a great way to make sure your wedding or other event will be fun for everyone involved.

Curtis is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 7/09/2014 kelsey b

We had the owner, Curtis Dean, DJ our wedding reception. He was SO much fun, and was very respectful to what we did not want played. He is such a nice person and so easy to work with! Would recommend him to anyone!!

Curtis Dean

Curtis started Music Man Productions in 1988, and since then has provided master of ceremony and DJ services for over 500 weddings, parties, and other events. Curtis has also performed a number of wedding services as the officiant. Curtis lives in Grimes, Iowa and provides services in central Iowa. Ron Moss is the other partner at Music Man Productions. Ron has almost 20 years of experience as a mobile DJ and Emcee.