Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Flamenco, Indian, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Ann L

Bottom Line Up Front: Super talented and professional DJ Vynce Pham is a MUST for your next wedding or event! After attending many weddings with my fiance, one thing we decided early on for our wedding was that the music and DJ would have to be great. A good DJ makes or breaks a... Read More wedding - talking too much, bad transitions between songs, or not reading the crowd correctly equals a bad time, which no one wants! Luckily Vynce is an AMAZING DJ who reads the crowd well and has buttery smooth song transitions. Even better, he keeps the announcements/talking to a minimum to keep the focus on you! He responds ultra-fast to emails and will do whatever he can to get the most out your budget. Vynce definitely helped make our wedding so enjoyable and memorable - we can't thank him enough!

Reviewed on 3/11/2017 Natasha G

If you're looking for an incredible DJ, stop looking and book with Music Phreek. Vynce is so knowledgable, friendly and incredible at what he does. He is so welcoming and truly makes the night. He is so outgoing and makes the whole process enjoyable and fun. From our first... Read More meeting, to emails, practicing uplighting and our actual wedding Vynce was so supportive and present. His communication and response time is phenomenal! Stop looking and just do it, his skills are incredible!!! A little info about us: Bride and Groom: 25 years old Guest ranged from all ages and there was a great variety of music Venue: Green Gables Wedding Estate

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Kate L

Vynce is very nice and professional. We didn't know what music to pick and he guided us to choose the music we like. We don't dance but on the wedding day, we were so happy and did dance a bit. He brought good atmosphere.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Gail L

Vynce was AWESOME!! I had the honor of planning the wedding for my son and his bride. Music is a huge deal in our family and we all knew that we were all going to be very picky about this part of the wedding/reception. We did a lot of research and spoke with a lot of DJs and... Read More when we (almost the entire family) interviewed Vynce, we instantly knew he was going to be a great match for us. Vynce is extremely professional and easy going at the same time. He really knows his stuff. We also thought he was great in relating to the needs of the bride and groom and all their guests as the majority of the guests were in their early 20's. We really wanted it to be a party atmosphere but we also had to stay on schedule with all the wedding stuff and Vynce kept us in track. We provided a long list of random music and he added some great suggestions and it all flowed together so nicely. Vynce also had some great suggestions for lighting that really helped to set the mood for our venue. It was really great to have him there and know that I could thoroughly enjoy the wedding/reception without being in planning mode anymore. Thank you Vynce and team!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Brent C

This review is LONG overdue as our wedding was on 3.19.16 at Orfila Winery in Escondido, CA. We cannot say enough good things about Vynce. We received abundant compliments from our guests about the music, MC (Vynce), and lighting. We absolutely loved everything he did. He... Read More was quick on his feet and very helpful and accommodating. My dad had some day of requests and wanted more "funk" and Vynce absolutely ran with it. We didn't think we had the most "dancey" crowd, but we really wanted to keep the party going and have everyone out on the dance floor and he accomplished this 100%. No corny wedding tunes. All great mixes and fantastic transitions. He played "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston at the end of the evening. I do not believe this is something we particularly requested, but it was the perfect song to end the night. All our guests circled around us dancing and singing and then brought it in for a huge group hug in the end encouraged by Vynce. It was more perfect than we could imagine. We were one happy bride and groom. In addition to the music, the lighting and ceremony sound was amazing. Vynce allowed our friend to plug into his sound system so he could capture the audio on his video recording and it turned out great. We were also so obsessed with our purple uplighting. We received tons of compliments and it really positively contributed to the ambiance. Thank you, thank you, Vynce for EVERYTHING. We highly recommend him for your wedding or event!!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Brian K

We found Vynce via the preferred vendor list for Green Gables Wedding Estate. We are really into music and really wanted our wedding to be a dance party from beginning to end. After reading his reviews, We contacted him and got a response immediately. After our first... Read More conversation, Vynce had us even more excited to be married and dance the night away. We hired Vynce for our ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and extra lighting. He is a true professional and has worked at Green Gables many times. He had so many amazing suggestion for music and lighting that made the night perfect.He responds to emails immediately. On the day of the wedding, he was amazing. He joked with us prior to the ceremony and the grand entrance to the reception which made the entire wedding party get into party mode. Even our wedding coordinator gasped and said that our wedding parties grand entrance was the best she had ever seen at Green Gables. Credit for that goes to Vynce. The extra lighting was perfect and really made the tented draping curtains at Green Gables look like a fairytale. Vynce is really good at reading the and energizing the crowd. The dance floor was never empty, but when Vynce noticed it was getting little sparse, he'd throw in a twist and it was packed again. His music was a hit. By the end of the night, all of our guests were on the dance floor! Our guests had an awesome time and were constantly telling us how amazing Vynce truly was.. I would highly recommend Vynce. Thank you for taking our already exciting day and pushing to to the next level!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2016 Megan W

Vynce was on our preferred vendor list for the San Diego Botanic Gardens. He was the first and only DJ we talked with. He was very knowledgeable about our venue and really helped us! He did our lighting also and it was beautiful! He worked with our schedule so well and did an... Read More amazing job with the music. Everyone loved it! He also recommended our coordinator who was amazing. He knows his stuff, is professional, super helpful, and really nice. It was one less stress to have someone who knew exactly what to do and exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Hanh N

I found Vynce through Twin Oaks Garden Estate, our venue’s preferred vendor list. I am a big music person so I definitely took my time on finding a great DJ. After reading his reviews, I contacted him and got a response immediately. After our first conversion, I knew Vynce was... Read More our guy. We hired Vynce for our entire wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception) and extra lighting. He gave me great recommendations and sent me example music itineraries to help me. He has worked with our venue plenty of times so we trusted his recommendations and he did not disappoint. He responds to emails immediately. At last minute, my husband and I wanted to add a Fresh Prince of Bel Air rap and he totally accommodated us. On the day of the wedding, he was incredible. The extra lighting was perfect and really showcased the tented draping curtains at Twins Oaks Garden. At cocktail hour, my guests were already complimenting the music. Vynce is really good at reading the crowd and energizing the crowd. His music was a hit. He By the end of the night, all of our guests were on the dance floor! My guests had an awesome time. I would highly recommend Vynce. Thank you for making my wedding day so special and so much fun!

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Lisa S

We were referred to Vynce from our good friend and wedding planner. From our initial contact/interview with Vynce, we knew he was our DJ. He was incredibly professional, fun, and accommodating. He was extremely responsive anytime we reached out to him, whether it was through... Read More call, text or email. He took our music selections and turned it into a better mix than we could have ever imagined. He was so helpful in adding songs that fell under our musical taste but that also catered to a diverse wedding crowd. He kept everyone amped up from the moment they stepped into the reception (literally, even our 80 year old grandparents stayed and danced to our last song). We cannot say enough good things about Vynce. He was absolutely perfect in every way. A million times, thank you!

Reviewed on 1/31/2016

Vynce is a great DJ! He is friendly, accommodated a LOT of requests, and kept us dancing all night long! Vynce has really good instincts about how long to keep a song going. He was exactly the MC we wanted: his announcements were all appropriate, accurate, and brief, and there... Read More wasn't any cheesy or unnecessary chatter. We really enjoyed working with Vynce, and recommend him to anyone who wants to have a great dance party!!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2015 Tammie N

Wedding Date: November 14, 2015 Location: Sculpture Garden & Courtyard at the Museum of Art in Balboa Park Services provided: Music, lighting, and so much more! Comments: • Music/DJing: We had a very specific vision of what genre of music we wanted to play for each part... Read More of the wedding (ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, dance party). We listed our top 5 requests for each and left the rest up to Vynce to decide. He was able to incorporate a Vietnamese song for the father-daughter dance and songs for the older Viet crowd that like to cha-cha-cha. DJ Music Phreek did a phenomenal job with the song selections. Every moment of the wedding I found myself saying “I love this song!” The dance floor was packed the entire evening and it was all thanks to Vynce’s ability to read the crowd and his amazing mixes. • Lighting: Wow! Completely exceeded all of our expectations. Vynce provided market lights and uplighting for the ceremony and reception. The pricing was also very reasonable, actually the best pricing we came across and we got quotes from several other vendors. He helped us make all the decisions on lighting and kept us within our budget. Because Vynce has worked at many weddings at the Museum of Art we trusted his opinion and guidance and boy are we glad we did. The lighting set the mood for the entire evening. It would not have been as magical without his added sparkle. • Communication: Expect less than 24 hours for a response. No matter what hour of the day it was Vynce was very quick to respond to my emails, text messages, and phone calls. He was easy to talk to and always made sure to put us at ease. • Reliability: At the last minute, we scheduled a site walk through a few days before the wedding. Vynce was out of town but left his trip early to ensure he made it for our walk through. • Above & beyond: At the end of the wedding, Vynce gave us CDs of all the music played at our wedding (ceremony, cocktail, reception). I’ve been playing them in my car for the past week and it’s helped me re-live our big day since everything went by so quickly. He also took some great pictures that we’ve saved in our photo files. We were on the fence about hiring Vynce for our wedding but we are so glad we did. We had a very long list of vendors and he was by far one of our favorites. Here’s a little tip to other couples out there - be sure to listen to Vynce’s advice and trust that your wedding is in good hands if you pick DJ Music Phreek! Happy wedding planning!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Cara H

DJ PHREEK KEPT THE DANCE FLOOR PACKED!! My wife and I got married this past October at Green Gables. Vynce was professional, punctual, and available from the beginning. We put together a playlist and he abided by all the guidelines. His mash-up songs kept the dance floor... Read More full and accommodated all ages. His equipment is top notch and the rental lights light up the dance floor beautifully. His DJ skills are all there for a the reasonable price. I highly recommend this disc jockey!

Fantastic DJ

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Christine T

Vynce played an outstanding playlist at our wedding. We wanted to keep the theme late 90's to early 2000's. We gave him a playlist and he did a great job of mixing it up and adding his own touches. There were parts of the wedding such as the cocktail hour when we were unsure... Read More what to play. Vince hand-selected a great playlist even for these times. I would highly recommend him as a DJ for your wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Chelsea M

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Vince and the party that he threw!!!! From start to finish, this celebration was phenomenal because of suggestions that Vince gave to the Bride and Groom. He suggested putting a song request on the RSVP cards.... terrific idea.... Read More But most of all, his Dance Off suggestion was a such a huge success that every guest said this was the best wedding they had ever been to. The lighting ideas were terrific too. We highly recommend Vince as your event DJ

Kept the dance floor full!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Tracy H

Vynce was the perfect choice for our wedding. He was extremely helpful in coordinating and making great decisions to add that special touch to our big day. He kept the dance floor packed all night with people of different ages which isn't an easy task. Thank you Vynce for... Read More making our night so special!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Emily I

Vynce is extremely prepared and professional. He set up a PA system for our ceremony, DJ'ed our outdoor wedding reception, and set up some additional lights for dinner and toasts. He was very responsive to any song requests, and did an excellent job keeping the energy level... Read More going on the dance floor. During the planning of the wedding, all of his responses were almost immediate. It is clear that Vynce is really experienced, but also genuinely cares about providing great music and atmosphere for the couple.

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Allison F

Vynce is an amazing DJ and we HIGHLY recommend you hire him for your wedding! He has an awesome personality, is 100% adaptable to anything you throw his way and has a vast knowledge of music! We loved him and the energy he brought to our wedding! We also loved that he was so... Read More helpful and went above and beyond for us! He helped us every step of the way, including recommending the venue where we were married! He's professional, courteous, gracious and a lot of fun! Hire him! We promise you'll be very happy!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Jacqueline R

Vynce was incredible as our DJ! We knew he was right for us the first time we spoke with him on the phone - we ended up talking for over an hour over music thoughts and preferences. He was so fun to work with, and always kept us laughing and upbeat throughout the planning. He... Read More stuck with our playlist but also added his own touch, which was fantastic - it kept everyone out on the dance floor. He also did our lighting, which was beautiful. He had these lights that looked like little moving fireflies - so pretty! I can't imagine any better DJ for our wedding, and we have already recommended him to our bridesmaid who is getting married next year. Thank you, Vynce!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Valerie S

Vynce was such a pleasure to work with and made sure the music and lighting at our wedding was true to what we wanted. Vynce was recommended by my florist and day-of coordinator. That they already had a good working relationship was incredibly helpful and telling--all our... Read More vendors worked together to help make our wedding beautiful and the perfect celebration. He is genuinely happy, positive, and gracious--just the kind of energy I needed during wedding planning and on our wedding day. Even though I missed our first meeting due to my own scheduling mishap and hesitated with several decisions, Vynce was consistently gracious, accommodating, and professional. When we couldn't meet in person, he quickly arranged a video chat. Whenever I had questions, he responded immediately and with plenty of detail. My husband and I couldn't decide if we wanted uplighting and Vynce provided information and pricing, but never pushed us to increase our contract. We finally decided to use uplighting and are so glad we did. He got exactly the right color, it set the mood by transforming an already pretty hotel ballroom, and made the whole reception feel even more festive. As for music, he played all the songs we requested and did a perfect job of blending styles to get everyone dancing, while staying true to our wishes. The dance floor was full all night and our friends and family are still talking about how fun our wedding was! My husband and I agree that Vynce and his team were fantastic and exceeded our expectations.

Amazing DJ!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 Lauren B

Vynce is a very easygoing person to work with and is extremely helpful in giving suggestions regarding lighting and music. Communication with him is very fast and efficient. We never waited more than a few hours before receiving a response. He met with us prior to the wedding to... Read More show us how his uplighting would look in the reception room and allowed us to choose what we liked best with a few of his own suggestions. He was able to take all music suggestions of what we wanted to hear for our cocktail hour and ceremony by using acoustic versions of well known songs that our age group knows. He did FANTASTIC the day of with his music choices. We recommend that you give him a list of songs that you do NOT want to have him play and only a few of what you would like to hear. Let him do the work, he knows best. We were worried about the music playlist due to our guests being in their twenties versus in their fifties, but he did a great job keeping all age groups included in the music choices to keep everyone dancing the night away. He also included all of the music for us on CD's so we can remember the tunes he chose to play for us. He is awesome! Thanks Vynce for making our night memorable!

The Perfect Evening

Reviewed on 10/06/2014

Vynce and his company Music Phreek were an absolute pleasure to work with and I couldn't be happier to recommend Vynce to anyone looking for a DJ in the Southern California area (or abroad... he travels!) From our first conversation, I knew that we'd hire Vynce to DJ our... Read More traditional Hindu wedding ceremony and our very non-traditional reception. We gave Vynce the challenge of creating a playlist of music ranging from traditional Hindi music for our ceremony to curating an evening of music from various genres and decades to match our reception theme of "Modern Indian Gatsby". We challenged Vynce to create a playlist ranging from big-band, to swing, to motown, to bollywood, 90s hip-hop and top 40 hits. Vynce progressed through those different genres and themes masterfully and there was never a drop in the action. His depth of knowledge of music across multiple genres was extremely impressive and he was extremely accommodating with his time to get to know my wife and I and really understand what we wanted to hear during our reception. I can only gush about our experience with Vynce and his team and highly recommend booking him for your event. After our event, we had numerous requests from other guests to speak with Vynce and all of our guests were raving about the music. All around a great guy, I hope you get the opportunity to work with Vynce as well.

Hire Him

Reviewed on 10/03/2014 Debbie K

We could not imagine a better DJ for our wedding than Vynce of Music Phreek. From the first day we met through the entire process to our wedding day, Vynce was so friendly and his top priority was delivering what we had in mind. You could immediately tell that he enjoys what he... Read More does and was not trying to give you some boilerplate plan. He was always very attentive, responsive, and accommodating. He was so patient with us even when we were coming down to the wire with our music list (we're ashamed to say that we are procrastinators). On the day of our wedding, Vynce executed everything perfectly! Everything was set up as we had discussed, all of the music was exactly as we requested, and the entire day and evening went seamlessly. Vynce has a great MC personality from making announcements to working the crowd. We would highly recommend Vynce to anyone who is looking for a DJ.

Amazing and professional DJ!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Laurie W

Vynce did an amazing job with music and lighting for our wedding and reception! From the start of the experience, he was the most responsive of all the DJs we contacted. Even after we signed a contract with Vynce, he remained in constant communication any time we had questions.... Read More We had a very particular playlist for the ceremony and the reception. He was able to accommodate our selection while infusing some of his own song choices, which blended well with the overall energy. Thank you, Vynce, for helping create a wonderful experience for us!

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Brianna D

My husband and I talked with several other vendors before we got Vynce's number! We are soooooo glad we decided to go with him. From the first moment you speak with him on the phone he is professional and fun and gets you excited about the soundtrack to your wedding! We was... Read More always quick to respond if either of us had questions and even worked in secret with two of my bridemaids to set up an awesome performance they had put together for my husband and I. Our wedding at Green Gables on August 24th would not have been the same without him. His prices are fair and reasonable and hi services are unparallelled. He really did help to make our wedding the one we have always dreamed of.

He's the best!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Brittany R

Vynce was amazing! We had our wedding last Saturday at Orfila winery-- he was recommended by the coordinator at the vineyard (Steffi), but when meeting with other vendors, we heard such great things! So, I shot him a note-- he was always super responsive and extremely helpful... Read More and then we met and I knew he'd be perfect for what we were looking for! He's professional, but laid back and down to earth. He guaranteed that he'd have ppl up and dancing and he absolutely did! There were moments when I was able to look around and not one person was sitting... they were all up on the dance floor. We sent Vynce a list of songs a few weeks before the wedding and he took it from there and absolutely killed it. He even did a remix to "Turn Down for What", which was awesome and got everyone going! He's super professional and knows how to direct a crowd to keep the event moving along. We could not have been happier with the music and his overall work-- he even gave us a CD at the end of the night, which was so great! Now we can relive our special day whenever we want. :) Thank you Vynce for making our day even more magical than we could have dreamed!