Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths

Grand Ledge, MI

Music Unlimited DJs & Photo Booths

Music Unlimited has been providing the Lansing, Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo areas with worry free and memorable wedding celebrations for 30 years. We specialize in wedding receptions but we also offer DJ entertainment and Michigan photo booth rentals for private parties, birthdays, high school dances

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, Rock, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

826 W Main Street, Grand Ledge, MI (517) 627-8912

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Vicki B

Steve was amazing! He played a wide variety of music that kept our guests on the dance floor all night. He was very good at reading the crowd and fielding requests. We received many compliments on the great music we had at our reception! We also had the photo booth which was... Read More a big hit with everyone. Steve brought a lot of different props and his attendant was wonderful and helping people in and out of the booth and putting together our photo guest book! Steve was very easy to work with and I would recommend him for any event!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Sarah N

The DJ was amazing. He was well organized, repeatedly asked if we needed anything throughout the night. He was so attentive and played exactly what we asked. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017

Steve and josh did amazing our wedding day could not have gone better ! Highly recommend music unlimited for any event . This was the third time my family has used Steve for an event and he jus keeps getting better !

Reviewed on 6/22/2017

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Lisa M

I am so happy we went with music unlimited at our wedding. We were so concerned about getting a great DJ that would get people out on the dance floor. We worked with Steve who was very responsive to our emails. Every communication I had with Steve I kept reiterating that I... Read More wanted people out on the dance floor having a great time. He did not disappoint! The music selection was a wide variety of great songs that had all ages dancing. I would highly recommend music unlimited!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Tory H

Steve did a great job!

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Alicia T

I used Music Unlimited for my prom and Steve was so easy to work with. We had the photo booth and DJ package and it was worth it! They are so professional and played great music that was high school appropriate. Juan was our DJ and we absolutely loved his style! We've... Read More already booked him again for next year!

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Casey S

Steve was an AMAZING DJ! He made sure everything went according to plan and played a perfect mix of music, everyone was dancing the whole night! We also did the photo booth, which our guests loved. Very professional, I would recommend him to everyone!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

Steve and his staff were outstanding. Our daughter and new son-in-law are ecstatic over Music Unlimited's role in our reception. Three weeks later and guests are still talking about how much fun they had. Steve played for four hours and the dance floor was full the entire time.... Read More The music kept everyone engaged and dancing regardless of age. The sound quality was outstanding and the photo booth was a big hit. Steve was responsive, professional and very helpful in helping us plan the reception. He connected with the guests and ensured the reception was a hit. We would highly recommend Steve and his Music Unlimited team.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Whitney S

OMGosh, where to start? Steve and his staff at Music Unlimited were awesome. They did our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing, along with the photo booth, and everything was perfect! Steve made sure he had a good understanding of everything we wanted and he made sure... Read More that he pronounced everyone's name correctly for introductions. We had a little bit of a delay on dinner and Steve kept the music going and was able to push back the toasts and dinner music flawlessly. They played the best music and really listened to what we did and didn't want to hear. We honestly could not have asked for a more friendly vendor to work with and anyone who wants the best DJ around should book Music Unlimited! Huge thank you :] We wish we could do it all over again!!

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Ryan J

Steve and Music Unlimited were simply terrific! I live in Chicago. My wife and I got married in Southwest Michigan. The ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner service, and reception were all held in the same venue (of which Steve had never worked or been to). From my first inquiry on... Read More their website Steve was professional, responsive, skilled, and a pleasure to work with. Leading up to the wedding, Steve and I finalized everything over the phone. Based on our initial conversation and e mails from months earlier, Steve already had a large list of songs ideas and questions. Very detail oriented. We went over a specific itinerary (He had to be set up before our 4:30pm ceremony start time, but then not actually start playing music until dinner service - after the ceremony cocktail hour and speeches/toasts). A specific mix of genres. Specific mix of "must play songs." Specific feel and list of songs to be played during dinner service. Specifically, we wanted everyone to be enjoying themselves and dancing the entire night. I could go on and on to sing the praises of Steve and Music Unlimited. As the groom being individually tasked with the duty of booking a DJ, I felt the pressure to make sure this end of our wedding went perfectly. Even with all of these great reviews, my expectations were somehow far exceeded! Dinner music was personal, on point, and covered all the sentimental songs we wanted. The reception covered all the different genres and songs I wanted (and then some!). Steve checked in with me multiple times to make sure I was good with what was being played and if I had any issues. He took great requests and made sure everyone was having the time of their lives. So much dancing. So much fun. So special. Steve and Music Unlimited hit a grand slam at our wedding. The highest and strongest of recommendations and thanks!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Kathryn B

Music Unlimited was recommended to us by a friend who both worked for, and hired, Music Unlimited! We were not disappointed! Betsy was our DJ and she did an excellent job! She was professional and kept our guests dancing all night. We also had a Photo Booth and stayed busy all... Read More night! We are so happy we went with Music Unlimited! Thank you so much Steve and Betsy!!

Reviewed on 12/05/2015 Katherine P

Steve was incredible! He was so in tune with everything we asked for and made our reception a fantastic time. He made sure that every song was exactly what we wanted and his communication was incredible. I would recommend Music Unlimited to everyone who is looking for a DJ. We... Read More also had a photobooth set up and our guests, (mainly my 7 year old daughter) had a blast! Thank you Steve for completing our special day with such amazing music. God Bless!

Reviewed on 9/29/2015

While planning my daughter's wedding, she and I researched and received quotes from a number of different DJs and Photo booth providers in the greater Lansing area. We received a great price on the "bundle" of services from Music Unlimited and our initial meeting with Steve put... Read More us at ease that they were the right choice. His communication before the event was excellent and our confidence was rewarded when the wedding arrived and the music and photo booth were exceptional. They played a great mix of music and honored all requests. Steve and his team are consummate professionals and the feedback we received was phenomenal. We would not only recommend, but encourage others to utilize the services of Music Unlimited! You will be not be disappointed...

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 8/25/2015

My husband and I had no idea where to go for a DJ, so we looked on The Knot and this DJ had the highest reviews - for good reason! Steve had several calls with me to nail down exactly what environment and music we were going for, and had me fill out a form to give me additional... Read More direction. He is pleasant, funny, and really wants to make sure you get the reception you're looking for. The woman who actually DJ'd our event (Betsy) did an INCREDIBLE job. She was fun, funny, took requests, managed the crowd, and listened to exactly what we wanted. Steve and his team are just absolutely the best! We loved them.

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Brooke B

I knew that the DJ was a make-or-break aspect of a wedding, but I had no idea how positively influential he or she could be until we booked Steve! My husband and I agree that we literally wouldn't change a song Steve played or an announcement he made. Of all the vendors we... Read More booked for our big day, Steve was the most responsive, prompt, and involved in making sure our day went smoothly. Most importantly, he helped me in my quest to find a perfect father/daughter dance song, a feat my father was making extremely difficult due to his picky-ness. Steve continued to send me suggestions and recommendations every time my dad rejected a song. And he was so quick to email me back! I cannot stress enough how responsive Steve is. As a bride, you want answers ASAP, and Steve always responded the same day, many times within the hour! He called me two times before the wedding to discuss in detail the wedding party's name pronunciations, songs and timing, the day's schedule, and musical preference. I was very thorough in my DJ search, contacting numerous people, but Steve won me over immediately. He responded right away, asking the most precise questions about my venue in regard to setup, location, backup, equipment transfers, ease of access, and more. This is why I chose him - because he knew so much more than I ever could! His inquisitiveness is a true reflection of his keen professionalism and expertise. I trusted him 100% with the song choices for pre-ceremony, appetizer, and dinner music, which is saying a LOT, because I'm a control freak. And all night long, I kept shouting, "I LOVE THIS SONG!" I gave him virtually no guidance on which songs to play for the reception and he seriously nailed it, coming up to me numerous times to make sure I approved of his choices and the riotous vibe he was creating. And I did, because he was literally playing all of my favorite songs! Everyone loved Steve. He was so involved in perfecting my day that I don't know where I would have been without him. He maintained ideal volume, used fabulous lighting, and even agreed to play one more song at the end of the reception, establishing an unforgettable atmosphere that we are STILL talking about! He was also extremely affordable (especially considering how far away my venue was). I had a very odd party lineup, an outside ceremony/reception, and bizarre song blending requests for him and he made all of my confusing requests/concerns seem like a walk in the park. Steve was an absolute asset to my day. His professionalism and responsiveness set him apart from everyone else I contacted, and he absolutely delivered on his promises. I will without question hire Steve again. Thank you so much, Steve! I hope everyone hires you, because you deserve the business!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Luke R

I was extremely nervous about hiring a DJ for our reception. Everyone knows that a DJ can make or break your reception. We were so glad that we decided to have Steve Thelen DJ our reception. From the very start he was affordable, professional, and very accommodating. He made... Read More sure to have all of the songs that we wanted, to make our night special. We heard nothing but good things from our guests! Steve also helped everything stay on schedule throughout the evening. He is also awesome at reading the crowd and knowing exactly what to play. Our guests also loved the photo booth! It was so much fun, and the attendant was very helpful and accommodating throughout the entire evening. Our reception couldn't have been more fun! If you still haven't found a DJ or photo booth, go with Music Unlimited! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/13/2015 Ashley C

Words cannot express how tremendously pleased we are with Music Unlimited DJ and photo booth service! I initially meet with Steve from MU because of his great prices (he had a better price than other DJs I inquired about) and right away I discovered he is an awesome person, very... Read More flexible and easygoing but passionate about his work. Just lots of good vibes!!! So we booked him and his photo booth service right away. As the wedding drew nearer he called me to verify a bunch of information and to go over things like how to pronounce the names of our wedding party (have you ever heard of any of DJ doing that?! Seriously so nice!!!) and where to set-up etc. We had a tricky venue in which the dinner was inside but the dancing was outside, but Steve was quick to accommodate. He set up inside for the dinner music and special dances and quickly moved outside before anyone even noticed! We also had my husband's father sing and play guitar to the mother-son dance song and Steve allowed us to plug into his equipment for that, again very accommodating and kind. I think at least 3 times throughout the night Steve found me and asked if everything was ok music wise. It was TERRIFIC!! We had so many people dancing! I couldn't be more pleased!! People, book Music Unlimited and you will not be disappointed!! Easily one of my favorite vendors. Thanks Steve and staff!!!!!!!!

Could not be happier...

Reviewed on 3/23/2015

My husband and I hired Steve Thelen as our DJ in May of 2009 and as this review states, we could not have been any more satisfied with the rate, the service, or the professionalism of Music Unlimited. We were quite picky with our playlist and Mr. Thelen worked around our taste... Read More in music and played a wide selection including every song we mentioned "had to be played". In addition, I just booked him to DJ for a family dance. Very pleased all around! -Joel and Emily Snitgen

Music Unlimited was great!

Reviewed on 1/16/2015 KERRI S

Music Unlimited was referred to me from a friend of a friend who recently attended a wedding reception in Lansing. The friend raved about how much fun they had had thanks to the DJ. After contacting Steve in Grand Ledge we continued to communicate whenever needed. He always... Read More answered my emails the same day. We met only once and went over everything. I conveyed that I had not attended a wedding years and that I wanted our 80 guests well entertained. Our ceremony and reception were both at the beautiful English Inn in Eaton Rapids. Steve had many suggestions and was very honest if my ideas were good or bad. I had placed all my trust in his company. We also rented the photo booth which everyone loved…however at first the guests did not know it was a photo booth as the attendant was standing still and not engaging folks (that’s only what I heard). But once it was discovered after dinner it was a hit! If you are planning a reception make sure you get the photo booth – guests need something to do! I highly stress that. The DJ was perfect and was on cue to the speeches and the dances and then with the guest entertainment. We had so much fun I did not want them to leave and begged for one more - a couple times. They also came over to say goodbye when then were done after midnight. They even told me they enjoyed the dinner. Don’t get cheap on your entertainment! You only have one shot at getting it right. Steve and Music Unlimited did not disappoint.

So much fun!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Laura M

My DJ was great! She got in the crowd and danced with us and kept people on the floor. She was full of energy and was very friendly. She was professionally and stylishly dressed too. Also, she pronounced every name correctly! The owner Steve was really friendly and listened... Read More to everything I wanted to make sure nothing was overlooked. He made me feel so at ease.

Fun & Friendly DJ

Reviewed on 8/25/2012 Alyssa H

Music Unlimited provided the DJ and Photobooth for our wedding (the combo of which was cheaper than many of the other DJs we had looked into), and they did a fantastic job! Steve was our DJ and he was so easy to work with. He called us a couple weeks before to make sure he could... Read More pronounce everyones names, and it was details like this that really made the difference. He was constantly smiling and checked in with us throughout the night to make sure things were running how we wanted. He provided the perfect balance of guidance and control such that we felt that we didn't have to do anything but that it was still going according to our plans. The Photobooth assistant was also great, managing the line and making sure everyone got a turn, and the memory book we got from it is such a great keepsake! Our guests raved about how much fun they had with all of the props. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Great Quality

Reviewed on 5/21/2012 Jessica L

This was a great company to work with and I would recommend them for anyone needing a DJ

My DJ

Reviewed on 8/27/2011 Melana B

My DJ Betsey was awesome! She worked with us very well and helped us get through the night was all the dances and such! Really enjoyed having her there. Thank you so much!

Review for Music Unlimited

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Ellen E

;Be very specific about what you want. Also make sure that you have them mix up your requested songs. They played all of my favorite songs all in a row and I didn't get to dance to any of them because I was making sure I said hello to everyone. By the time we finished, all of... Read More my favorite songs were done.