Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings

Oakland Township, MI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in bustling Oakland Township, Michigan, the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings invites to-be-weds to step out of the ordinary into a rustic and elegant barn wedding that celebrates the extraordinary. A formal wedding hall with plenty of room for even large weddings, the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings venue has two spectacular golf courses and gorgeous boardwalk paths through the natural beauty of Michigan's countryside.

The Banquet Hall. The Banquet Hall at Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings is designed to look like the interior of a barn with beautiful exposed beams and high ceilings. Seating for 220 guests beside panoramic windows providing gorgeous views of the surrounding manicured lawns in a climate controlled reception hall makes planning the wedding simple. A full bar and beautiful chandeliers and an open floor plan allows couples to create their own personalized space. A gorgeous dance floor and an attached outdoor patio encourage guests to dance the night away inside the hall or under the stars.

The Grounds. The grounds of the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings are ideal for up to 220 guests with a lovely wedding ceremony area surrounded by white wedding chairs. A simple archway or a pergola makes an excellent location for the wedding vows and acres of manicured lawns make those first-look photos fantastic. Rusting wooden walkways cross the golf courses providing plenty of locations for fun photos with the family.

The Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings venue is a full-service golf course and wedding and banquet hall with an onsite wedding coordinator trained to help couples create the ideal wedding. Wedding packages begin with a base price per person and there are a variety of additions available.

The base wedding package includes the use of the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings banquet hall for six hours with all of the tables and chairs necessary for the wedding or reception. Linens, dinnerware, glassware and electric hookups are included with a base wedding package.

Catering is provided by the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings' catering team and outside caterers are not allowed. Wedding buffet-style dinners include delicious items like Marsala chicken, sweet pork loin and beef medallions. Vegetarian meals are available upon request and appetizers and desserts are also provided. Bar service, including custom cocktails or signature drinks, is also available. The waitstaff and bar staff are also provided by the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings.

The lovely grounds of the Myth Golf and Banquets Barn Weddings are definitely a perk when it comes to weddings here.

• Close to restaurants and lodging
  • Private bridal suite to prepare for wedding
  • Foot golf for adults and children

Myth Wedding Venue Has an Amazing Rustic Elegance

Myth Banquets is a one of a kind rustic venue. Wedding reception guest have views nothing short of spectacular inside the clubhouse and out. A Myth Bride has an extravagant and romantic barn-atmosphere.The Oakland County Myth banquet hall seats up to 225 and has an experienced onsite Chef.

Ballroom, Barn, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

850 Stoney Creek Rd, Oakland Township, MI (248) 693-7170
WEBSITE FACEBOOK PINTEREST

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Amazing!!! I can't say enough praises about the Myth!! My husband and I are SO glad that we had our wedding reception here! Our entire event was perfect thanks to Laura and all of the staff. The venue was absolutely beautiful (unique, intimate, and elegant), the food was great,... Read More the staff was friendly/attentive, and Laura was so helpful/easy to communicate with throughout the entire process. I feel like she went above and beyond to make sure that all of our wedding needs were met. I couldn't be happier about the entire experience. :-)!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Stephanie C

The Myth, for me, was perfection. Laura was incredibly helpful and during my rehearsal, really set the pace for what I was to expect on my big day. And leading up to that day, she was willing to answer any question I had (no matter how ridiculous). The cost was more than fair,... Read More and we had a lot of "included" amenities (including things I wouldn't have thought of) that just made the day that much better. And seeing it all come together? Beautiful. It was absolutely perfect in that room. All of my hard work with the planning was executed to a T. I couldn't have asked for more.

LOVE IT

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Kristie H

Staff is awesome, we loved them so much, it's beautiful and perfect for a wedding, has such a great look with the high ceilings and lots of windows :)

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Deanna C

Run. Don't walk.. this place is HORRIBLE and Laura is even worse. I kid you not she started vacuuming in the middle of our shower. She was vacuuming the windows. She would only let us in an hour early "just because".. they ran out of champagne, there was trash all over the place... Read More Going on front of the food, and she left in the kiddie of the shower and was nowhere to be found. I can't say how bad our experience Celsi was but please don't uE this place for Your shower. ImDISGUSTED with the service.

2017-04-03T15:36:21 Response from the vendor

Contracts are clearly stated which you signed for times from 11 to 2pm with served buffet at 11:30. The Myth had you signed for 2 champagne mimosa punch bowls which your party received. Running out of champagne is false. If you expected more champagne that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/05/2015

Everything about The Myth was amazing and we were extremely impressed with the food, drinks, and staff. Hands down we would highly recommend this venue for a wedding and our family continues to sing praises. Laura went above and beyond to make our day special and accommodate... Read More all of our needs and then some. We are forever grateful...BiG ThAnKs.

December 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 3/02/2015

I can't say enough good things about this venue (Myth) and the banquet manager Laura!!!! We have heard from many people how wonderful the evening was. The food was fabulous. Laura took great care in making sure things went so smoothly. Five stars all the way!!! Thank you. I will... Read More recommend the MYTH.

Almost Perfect

Reviewed on 11/25/2014 Megan S

The Myth was a beautiful place to get married. Overall, we were very happy with our wedding. They do require that you use their caterers, so make sure you are clear about our food choices. We confirmed our choices two weeks before the wedding and on the day of we had some of... Read More what we wanted and some things mixed up. The food was still great so it wasn't a huge deal, but we wish the service had been better in that aspect.

Great Rustic Venue!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Kristen M

To all the brides to be, My husband and I used this venue and loved it! We had a guest list of 160 people and the size of the venue was perfect! We chose the buffet option which was $46 per person and that was with the open bar. Very reasonable price! The food was amazing, and... Read More I had numerous compliments! The only thing that kind of made me a little upset was that they served my cake in increments. They waited too long to put more cake out for people to take and some of my guest didn't receive any. Other than that everything was amazing!If you are looking for a rustic feel this is the place to book! Also loved how it is kind of in the middle of no where but also so close to Rochester Hills! Laura was also a pleasure to work with. She was very attentive and answered my million questions in a timely manner!

Rustic/Elegance

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Olivia G

The banquet room is absolutely beautiful! If you are going for an elegant/rustic look this is the perfect venue. It provides a cozy and intimate setting and the ceiling already has lights pre strung on the beams which really help create a beautiful ambience. The buffet is a... Read More great value and all of my guests raved about the food. A wonderful choice!

Myth Golf

Reviewed on 6/25/2013 Leigh S

The venue was beautiful and before the wedding the coordinator was helpful. But during the time for pictures, the coordinator and my photographer did not seem to get along. The coordinator was rushing the pictures and ending up driving away in the golf cart without my... Read More photographer so my photographer had to ride on the back of a golf cart with my matron of honor and a bridesmaid. Other rude things happened between the photographer and coordinator. The coordinator should have been more professional and asked me what I wanted to do about the pictures. Also, since the second spout between my photographer and coordinator, I didn't see the coordinator the rest of the night. My DJ took some of the head table's drink orders instead of the staff/coordinator.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Michelle H

I would highly recommend this place. Laura, the coordinator was great and helped everything run smoothly. The view is beautiful. The Food was amazing and the staff was very good as well

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Chelsea P

I can't say enough about the Myth and their staff. We had our wedding 2 weeks ago and even with the drastic change in weather, Laura and her staff pulled off the outdoor ceremony perfectly. No thanks to my wedding planner, the venue still looked amazing and all the staff at the... Read More Myth did a wonderful job getting the location ready. I had set up a lot of our decor the day before (Laura gives you all the flexibility to set up you could dream of) and with some finishing touches the day of the reception it looked fantastic. It's the PERFET location for a bride who's looking for that rustic/vintage theme but doesn't want to force family to drive all the way up north or to one of those scarcely located Barns around the state. (You also have heat / air conditioning!! LOL The prices we GREAT and the food was raved about! We had an excellent buffet set up and people couldn't stop talking about how great it was. The few fears we did have were the dance floor being small but come wedding day it was actually the perfect size and we had over 200 people! Their preferred vendors that we happened to use were great and the venue itself is just fantastic. The closest to the pin contest didn't go over as well with the weather but if it had been nicer it would have been a highlight as well. We even had a guest get a hole in one!! IT was GREAT! If we could go back we would book them all over again. SO happy! THANK YOU LAURA AND THE MYTH! :)

Got many compliments

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Rosita P

According to guests, the venue was rustic, yet romantic. The grounds are beautiful and there were plenty of areas for photo opportunities. The lighting is beautiful and there is plenty of room to move around for a party of 150. The food was the best. One perk was that a hotel... Read More nearby could shuttle guests at the beginning and end of the night to and from the venue. The only negative was that there was a bit of a rushed feeling from the reception coordinator at the beginning of the night.

Myth Banquet Center

Reviewed on 10/26/2011 Stephanie B

The food and bar were amazing!

Beautiful Ceremony Site and Lodge

Reviewed on 9/15/2011 Shawn P

If you are looking for an "outdoorsy" location, Myth is for you! It's off the beaten path and is beautiful. The Lodge is great for a reception and needs little decorating, which can save you $$. The Event Coordinator there is a little rough around the edges but in the end... Read More everything ran smooth. Great food too!

Meet The Director of Marketing

Laura Nicholson

I'm your contact person for Weddings and banquets at the Myth. I've worked side by side the Myth brides and grooms for over 10 years. I manage the staff and work with them until closing. I've worked with Vargo Golf Company for over 15 years and handle banquet advising and marketing for multiple facilities. The Myth is my home base and favorite venue. I can't wait to hear all about your dream wedding and I'm excited and lucky to be a part of it! Text me anytime for questions. See our website for information.