New Kent Winery

Tented, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks, Planning

8400 Old Church Rd, New Kent, VA (804) 932-8240

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Sarah K

My husband and I were married in September, 2016. New Kent Winery was one of the venues I was looking into for both our wedding & reception locations. While we did not ultimately end up booking at the winery (it was too difficult for us to book in New Kent with family coming in... Read More from overseas), the winery and the staff are incredible. I read a negative review that had been posted regarding the staff and venue, but that has been far from my experience having visited there many times now since our wedding in September. The staff are very friendly, and they strive to make sure every detail is accounted for. Joe and Jo Anna (the owners) are both amazing people, and if we had booked our wedding at the winery, I have no doubt it would have been a world class venue with outstanding service. There has been some staff turnover, but the lady who is helping with events now is awesome (very dependable). I would definitely recommend New Kent Winery to my friends as a wedding venue because I know the quality and exceptional customer service Joe, Jo Anna, and all the staff demonstrate every time I come in.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Katie

We just had our wedding at New Kent Winery & it was absolutely beautiful, by far the best day of our lives. However, we had several issues with them as a venue. The owner did a great job of selling the winery to us, making us feel like it would be all about our day (& it should... Read More be for how much it we paid between the venue, wine package, & miscellaneous other small things) but once it was booked & paid for, about 2 months out from the wedding, all these things that were originally promised to us (between the 3 different event planners they've had over the last year) were all of a sudden not possible. There is a huge lack of communication among their staff. Our guest count was 150 & I had told them that multiple times yet they still only had 100 chairs set out so my planner & her team were running around like crazy trying to gather chairs as guests are being seated. As far as getting ready, they were not open to us needing to come early to get ready so we could have pictures done pre-ceremony (they do not allow your ceremony to begin until 6 because they are open for wine tasting yet sunset is at 6:30 this time of year so we had no option but to do our first look, bridal party photos, and family photos before the ceremony). This was a big deal for the winery & the day of, when the groomsmen arrived, they felt very unwelcomed by the winery staff. I get that they were open for business and tasting, but I can also guarantee those customers were not spending nearly as much as we did to have our wedding there. I think if they made events feel as if they are more of a priority, they would find out it would be such a better venue experience for all. If it weren't for my wedding planner & her team, it could have been a very stressful wedding week, especially day of. My advice if you want to book here is to make sure EVERY little thing or detail is written in your contract because they are not very flexible and will verbally promise things that they can't follow through on.

A Night To Remember

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Emily b

We had been searching for a venue for our wedding for months and finally had the brainstorm of looking at vineyards. We set our minds to New Kent after seeing what many had to offer. Andrea Kephart was our contact at the vineyard and she was amazing. She catered to all of the... Read More details and kept us on track when we forgot something. We did our own coordination, so this was needed at times :) On the day of the wedding, she had everything ready and had coordinated with the vendors to make everything perfect. I can honestly say there is not a single thing I would change about the venue, people, or night. This is a great place to get married and a great staff to help with it!

Beautiful Setting in VA Wine Country

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Deidre B

NKW is a great venue to consider for your outdoor wedding. The landscape is beautiful and the winery staff are great to work with. They have wedding packages to meet any budget.

Beautiful winery

Reviewed on 12/17/2011 Barbara B

My girlfriends took me here for a tasting to start off my night. We actually were able to watch a wedding taking place there while we had our tasting. Great setting.

Best Location Ever!!!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2011 Natalie S

We had the most perfect location for our winery! The New Kent Winery is gorgeous with refurbished wood and new. Having the vines and grapes in photographs is gorgeous. We had our entire wedding, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception at the winery. The tent they have is perfect.... Read More A wonderful size with fans inside and two bars.

Start a Conversation!