Amazing Photo & Films That Won't Break The Bank

If you are looking for professional, high quality, and creative imagery that will not break your budget, you have found the right place. Read our reviews, check out our samples and feel free to contact us with any questions you might have :) We also offer combo discounts for bundling photo and video packages.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Austin, TX Serving Central Texas (512) 568-5933

Ah-maze-ing!

Reviewed on 1/25/2015 Lindsay M

My finance (now husband) and I had done a ton of research online in the Austin/Round Rock area for the perfect photographer for our wedding day. This is one thing you can't cut the corners on as you are putting 100% trust into someone to capture a day you want to remember for... Read More the rest of your life. If you don't know this on your wedding day time flies, you have a million and one things to do, people to see and thank, cake to cut, vows to recite, and just an incredibly hectic schedule so you need fantastic pictures to remember it all by . Wes Shephard at New Road Productions was our guy! We loved the pictures he had on his site, and the raving reviews. We booked him immediately! On our wedding day October 17th 2014 from start to finish he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He is extremely professional, has great attention to detail, very creative with his work and has an eye for beauty. As expected everything happened so fast during the wedding that is was all a blur for us but thankfully Wes was there to capture all of our many many amazing moments. Hell even moments we didn't know existed until we looked through all of our pictures. We received a sneak peak of a few of our pictures which we sent for Christmas cards, and presents for family at Christmas and boy were we excited! The day we received all of our pictures it felt like it was our wedding day all over again. So many amazing shots, of us, the family, friends, venue and so much more we just didn't expect to see or even know he took. I have had my pictures for a couple weeks now and I swear I have looked through them hundreds of times. Wes really exceeded our expectations. All of the family and friends have complimented on the quality, creativity, beauty, and quantity of the pictures (730 to be exact). I can't say enough great things about New Road Productions! If you are looking for a FANTASTIC, CREATIVE, PROFESSIONAL photographer for any special occasion in your life go no further and book New Road Productions you won't be sorry! (Wes Shephard EMAIL: [email protected] 512.568.5933) Thank you x's a million Wes at NEW ROAD PRODUCTIONS for capturing the best day of our lives!

Best Decision I Made

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 Lauren B

Wes did my husband and I's engagement photos, wedding photos and wedding video. He is a true artist. He is skilled at using light and backgrounds to create beautiful, one-of-kind photos. He captured every single moment we wanted captured and then some. He took so many beautiful... Read More shots of my husband and I all around the venue. I've had so many people tell me how amazing my wedding photos are! His services are 100% worth every penny. It's hard to find a professional photographer who is so talented and budget-friendly. We love how he lets use have complete access and printing rights to all of the photos. He put them on a website so that our friends and family could all view the photos and purchase any directly from the website if they wanted. He gave us a USB of all of the photos after the wedding and it came in a gorgeous keepsake box. The video was so perfect. We opted for a non-edited video, but Wes still took the time to create us a beautiful DVD case with our wedding photos. We were also pleasantly surprised to find that the video was edited for scene/view point changes and some parts were edited to be in slow motion for emphasis. Wes has so much pride in what he does, he will not leave anything unfinished. Out of all of the vendors you book for your wedding, your photographer/videographer is the most important. My husband and I are so glad we chose to use Wes with New Road Productions.

pick Wes!

Reviewed on 9/26/2012 Kelli Q

Wes (New Road Productions) photographed a wedding I was a bridesmaid in last September. When I got engaged, I immediately got his number from my friend for two reasons. The more obvious reason is her pictures turned out absolutely amazing. The other reason I wanted Wes was... Read More because of the way he acted on the wedding day. He arrived extremely early, caught every moment possible and more, and was the only non stressful vendor to deal with in the wedding. He is a nice, laid back guy that gets the stress of the wedding day. He was professional and did his job to the fullest without getting in the way. After being in 4 weddings in a summer, believe me, all photographers are not like this. He exceeded my expectations on my wedding day and for a VERY, VERY fair price compared to other photographers in the area. Better quality, better price, more enjoyable to be around- hire him!

Reviewed on 3/12/2017 Keely B

If you are reading this stop and book with Wes! We loved our wedding and engagement pictures! He captured our day perfectly. The best in Austin hands down! Book with Wes!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Cara W

We chose Wes as our wedding videographer, and we are SO glad that we did! Wes has great experience, professionalism, vision, and style! He is great at knowing exactly where to be and when in order to capture those “key” moments. He was great at listening to our desires for the... Read More wedding, the specific moments we wanted to capture, and executed everything on the day-of with perfection. We always felt like the priority to him, and he did a wonderful job honoring our wishes and desires. He has a great eye for the perfect angles, as well as the ability to be creative with any scenario. The videos are spectacular, and we will have them forever. If you're on the fence about whether to add the highlight video, DO IT! We love ours so much and it completely captured the feel of the day. It's a great momento to have and is perfect for sharing with friends and family. We are so happy that we chose such a talented videographer!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Shelby S

Wes did my sister in laws wedding pictures, my engagement pictures, and my wedding pictures. He is the best around, hands down! Not only does he have a great eye for the perfect photo op but he is super sweet and helpful as well! Highly recommend him! :)

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Sarah F

There are no words to describe how incredibly perfect Wes captured our wedding! We had a very large bridal party (20 total) and he was so patient with all of us, was so fun to be around, and knew where to be throughout the night to get the photos of those moments every bride... Read More wants to have. From the beginning planning process, Wes was very responsive to all my questions, requests, and really took my ideas serious. Our photos and video couldn't have been any more perfect thanks to Wes and New Road Productions! I highly recommend NRP!

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Lindsay C

If you want photos to capture the wedding you've always dreamed of, Wes is your guy! He beautifully photographed every moment important to us and pleasantly surprised us with documenting moments we may have missed otherwise. Ladies - he also makes sure you are in the right light... Read More and look your absolute best! It's also important to have someone on your big day who's a professional and expert but it was refreshing that Wes and his team fit in well with the vibe of our wedding. My sister hired Wes for her wedding and I was glad I used New Road Productions for our wedding too. Go with Wes and you will end up with the wedding photos of your dreams!

Best Decision We Made!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Lauren W

Hiring Wes with New Road Productions for our wedding photography and videography was the best decision we made when it came to vendors for our wedding. PERIOD. We purchased the highest photography package - engagements, bridals/day afters (we chose to take pictures a month... Read More later together as opposed to bridals which was SO much fun!), and full wedding day with two photographers - and a videography package that gave us just the unedited video of the full day. We could not be more pleased with our photos and video and their quality... and for the price! (I wasn't able to find an equally talented photographer for any where in the same universe as Wes when it came to price. Heck, I couldn't even find a significantly less talented photographer in the same pricing universe.) I feel like Wes pretty much let us steal from him. After our wedding day, we ended up with 1500+ EDITED (yes, edited) pictures (PLUS our engagements) and he gave us the right to each and every photo. The quality of work that we received with our photography was top-notch. In addition to all of the "traditionally necessary" photos, we got SO much artwork! The creativity and artistic touches that went into our photography was a huge hit, not only with us and our families, but with our friends as well. (We had friends sharing our pictures all over facebook because they were so beautiful, artistic, and "fairy tale-like".) My husband and I are currently trying to choose three photos that we want Wes to put on canvases, but we're having a difficult time deciding which ones we want. We have hundreds of beautiful pictures of the two of us! What a mighty awesome problem to have. Also, Wes was always willing to work with us and give us just about anything and everything we asked for without nickel and dime-ing us. He traveled to Houston for our wedding and acted like it wasn't a big deal at all. He was always on time, and actually, he gave us a lot more photography time than we even paid for. Long story short, I don't have anything but wonderful, positive, amazing things to say about Wes and his team at New Road Productions. Seriously, save yourself a lot of time, stop looking, and just hire New Road Productions already.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Joseph T

Wes is incomparable! From our first meeting, he exceeded my expectations. He is professional, a good communicator, talented, creative, and flexible. I highly recommend Wes and New Road Productions for any and all wedding photography.

A great experience

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

New Road did an excellent job in preparing for and shooting the wedding photos. We are pleased with the results and the whole experience - from preplanning on through to a range of services after the wedding.

The best!!!

Reviewed on 2/19/2015 Wendy H

We hired Wes for our wedding on October 4, 2014 and could not be happier! The whole process from start to finish was as easy as it can get, and that is something every bride wants in those stressy months leading up to the big day. Wes responded to my thousands of questions right... Read More away and had really good ideas and suggestions. On the day of, he took us to the prettiest places of the venue, spots that I wouldn't have even thought of! He is professional, is very experienced and just lovely to work with. Here is something I wrote to him after we received the link to all of our pictures: "I cannot thank you enough for being there and making these gorgeous memories of our day. You have a very good eye for taking pictures at the right time and are so professional - it shows and it was just great to work with you the day of as well as all the prep work. I know editing these must have been a lot of work too - just know that we really appreciate it!!!" Would recommend New Road Productions to anyone!!!

Engagement & Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 1/11/2015 Jennalee O

Wes is very personable photographer who is very creative in his work! He responds to emails quickly, incorporates any ideas you have, and overall an awesome photographer. We used New Road Productions for both our engagement and wedding photos. We would recommend them to all... Read More couples looking for a photographer!

LOVE WES!!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2014 Anita C

I feel so lucky to have found Wes from this website. He's seriously the best! He uses natural lighting and his imagination is freakin' awesome. He had us pose in locations where we might not initially see that it's a cool photo, but when we see the end product, it's amazing! He... Read More did both our engagement photos and wedding. His black and white photos seriously make me want to cry (i.e. a happy cry). They remind me of Ansel Adams! I did a lot of research and met a few photographers before I found Wes. The other photographers seem very arrogant and shady. Wes is super humble and really down to earth and fun to work with. The best part is, he laughs at my stupid jokes. :) I would definitely ask Wes to do our future photography needs - perhaps an anniversary photo session.

WOW Wes!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Sarah T

We used Wes for our engagement photos and as a wedding photographer! He was wonderful to work with and super flexible. Everything felt very natural and we loved how our pictures turned out! Do yourself a favor and hire New Road Productions!

Exceeded my expectations

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Melinda and Will S

Wes with New Road Productions shot our engagement photos and we couldn't be happier with the results! He was so easy to work with, was flexible with our work schedules and had great advice on things you wouldn't always think of like complimentary colors of clothing for certain... Read More backgrounds and lighting. Not only did he take the time during our session making sure he got all the right shots, but he was also very creative in finding picture moments that we hadn't thought of. He's open to trying different angles to get that incredible picture you can't wait to frame and makes you feel at ease throughout the entire process. Wes was very professional and had our pictures to us right away. There were so many great pictures, we couldn't pick a favorite. Thanks Wes!

Awesome!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Stephanie B

Our Photographer from New Road Productions was great! He did our engagement photos and we loved them! He was really prepared with lots of ideas for cool pictures and we had fun! We ended up using one of his pictures for our save the date postcards and another we printed on... Read More canvas because we loved it so much. Highly recommended!!

Best engagement photographer

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

Hands down best engagement photographer.

Awesome Engagement Photos

Reviewed on 10/24/2014

Wes did our engagement photos and they were fantastic. He knows all the best spots, and if you take him somewhere new he'll make the best of that location too. Very talented photographer. Family and friends all loved the pics!

Wes is truly the BEST.

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Erika K

My husband and I could not have been more blessed by Wes and his New Road Productions staff! From the very start, Wes was quick in his responses, courteous to my (numerous) questions and requests and most of all, kind. The quality of all my photos and video have been better than... Read More I could have imagined! Not to mention, we received more photos then I thought possible :) Our wedding venue was four hours from where we live, and with each scheduled appointment, whether it was engagement photos, bridals, etc., Wes was flexible, always early, and made sure our time was well spent! On our wedding day, Wes and his staff made us feel so special and captured every single moment. If we could do it all over again, we would not even look for another photographer! I can only hope we need Wes to take pictures for us again in the future :)

Wes is the Best

Reviewed on 3/05/2014 Martha D

We used New Road Photography for our September Hill Country wedding. Here are reasons why I give New Road (and its owner, Wes) five stars: - Always responsive to emails. As a nervous bride planning from a distance, it's great when your vendors are responsive! - Great... Read More value. We opted for video and photo and really do not think we could have gotten a better deal. - Wes is fantastic. Wes took the photos for us at the wedding. You know how you hear horror stories about a wedding photographer being a total creeper? Wes is great because he has an artistic vision, but he isn't pushy. He isn't uncomfortable or awkward to be around. He is an all around nice and polite guy and kind of blends in when he needs to and just captures the perfect shots. - The photos are amazing. So, just like any wedding photographer (so I've heard) the photos do take longer to get than we would have liked. The suspense was killer! But when we got the photos, we were so thrilled. The photos are amazing. Beautiful artistic shots with great lighting. We had a daytime wedding and Wes really captured the lighting and overall feel of the venue. Great action shots during the reception. Took photos of the small details (food, centerpieces) that I missed just because the day was such a blur! Captured a lot of unforgettable moments. - The video is great. I was on the fence about getting video (just because of the added expense) but my honey convinced me and boy am I glad! The photos are great but the video truly captures the feel of the moment. Unforgettable. The videographer did a great job. Overall, Wes added to our perfect day being absolutely perfect. In fact, we hope to use him for future family photo shoots. :)

Great Photographer!

Reviewed on 2/27/2014 Elspeth N

I hired Wes at New Road Productions for my October 2013 wedding in Manor, TX. He did a beautiful job! He met with me before the wedding to get an idea of what sort of photographs I wanted. The day of, he and his assistant showed up early and they were incredibly professional. He... Read More took SO MANY pictures! Seriously, you will not be short on photos of your wedding. The pictures were gorgeous, and he got a great mix of posed and candid pictures. He is very adaptable to the surroundings as well. This was his first time shooting at my venue (TerrAdorna) and he came up with some beautiful shots. At one point during the reception he had my husband and I go outside under this lit gazebo because he thought it would be a pretty picture. It was an amazing photo - probably my favorite one. It looks like a postcard! It was a little expensive, but definitely not overpriced for the services he provided. I would definitely recommend Wes!

Wes is the best!

Reviewed on 2/22/2014 courtney c

Wes was so so great. He did our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding. I could not be more pleased with my choice of photographer! He was super laid back, and super creative. I am so so very pleased with each of the shoots we had with him. Our wedding pictures turned out... Read More PERFECT! Exactly what I had envisioned. I would highly recommend Wes for anyone looking for an amazing photographer. In fact, one of my best friends is using him in her wedding in June, as per my recommendation! Use Wes!!!!! You will not regret it!

An excellent service for a reasonable price!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Marina R

New Road Productions delivered high above our expectations. Wes the Photographer was more than courteous and professional. First of all he arrived super promptly and understood exactly what we wanted. We didn't want posing pictures so we told him to capture moments and we did... Read More it with little effort and without intruding the guests and us. He was sneaky and great at appearing at a moments notice to take the pics we wanted. His prices were super reasonable compared to an extensive search of photographers my wife did. He also takes great pictures without making them look to Instagram or fake. The photos he took were as real as the great day we had! Thanks Wes!

December Wedding in Dripping Springs

Reviewed on 6/02/2013 Lauren P

This review is long over-due! Wes is by far one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet and we are so blessed to have found him. My husband and I had a difficult time finding a photographer who not only fit in our budget but who would also give us the rights to all of our photos... Read More to print. We ended up picking one of the more expensive packages which included our engagement, bridal, and wedding portraits...as well as video footage from our big day! I absolutely recommend doing this package because these are memories you're going to want to treasure forever! Wes was always on time and more than patient to listen to our suggestions, and even made the trip all the way out to our lake house in Canyon Lake for our engagement session! We are especially having a difficult time choosing which pictures to frame and display in our home (which isn't a bad problem to have LOL) because they are all just perfect and STUNNING! I especially appreciated the multiple copies of DVD's which included our pictures and video for us to give to our families. Wes, thank you so much for working so hard, you made this aspect of our wedding so easy and non-stressful. I hope you continue doing what you're for a long time, you are truly gifted. All the best, Lauren and Nick Postler

Wes Shephard

Hello!! My name is Wes and I am the owner and lead photographer and videographer here at New Road Productions. I got my start in the creative field producing shows for major networks such as National Geographic and Smithsonian, but quickly realized that behind the lens was where I belonged. Since making that transition I have filmed for Travel Channel, Discovery, HGTV, HIstory and many more, and it is that expertise and professionalism that I will bring to your wedding. If you read my reviews you will see I am very stress free, professional and take great pride in my work. Thanks!! Wes