Instruments

Cello, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Keyboard, Organ, Percussion, Piano, Saxophone, Trombone, Trumpet, Violin, Vocals

Classical, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Bayside, NY (718) 428-7478

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Christina G

I can't not say enough wonderful things about New York City Swing. We got married in November 2016 in NJ and they ROCKED our wedding! I remembered them from my cousins's wedding several years prior; they were the only band that really stood out from the dozens and dozens of... Read More weddings I have attended. We went to see a showcase, and it was done. We booked them. Dory and his team are awesome to work with. They learned not only our first dance song, but a special Italian song my dad and I danced too. They also learned a song that my college girls and I always play, AND Africa by Toto which is somewhat of a tradition to end a wedding with among my friends. They did a beautiful job at the cocktail hour, perfect music for the setting. They have a comprehensive list of songs they play, and you go through beforehand and pick so they know what to play and what not to play. They performed everything from old classics to the latest popular songs, and kept the dance floor packed the entire night. They are great at interacting with the crowd and getting everyone going. People were chanting at the end of the night for them to keep playing. Our family and friends continue to tell us how awesome our band was, and most also say it is the best band they have seen at any wedding. Having a spectacular band was one of our main goals, and they did not disappoint. I hope someone I know books them soon so I can see them in action again!!! Thanks NYC Swing!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Chelsea M

New York City swing was amazing! Dore was great to work with leading up to our wedding day and we had the band play ceremony, cocktail and reception at our October 2016 wedding. We continue to get compliments about NYC Swing and how they sounded even better than the actual... Read More artists they were singing! They really got everyone dancing and no one was in their seat the entire night. Great investment, great talent and great people to work with. Definitely recommend! - Chelsea and Tommy

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Devon A

NYC Swing is absolutely amazing! My husband and I were married in May 2016 and NYC Swing played our reception – there was not a single guest who didn’t come up to us and rave about how incredible the band was! Dore and the musicians are incredibly talented and professional, and... Read More had everyone on the dance floor – young and old – for the entire reception. Their range of music was perfect, and their energy and personality absolutely made our wedding. The band is phenomenal – our family and friends still can’t get over how great they were! Not only that, but Dore was extremely responsive and thoughtful throughout the entire planning process and went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect – the band even learned a few songs, including our first dance. We HIGHLY recommend NYC Swing for an amazing wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Daksha B

My husband and I could not be happier with Uptown Swing’s performance, professionalism, and liveliness at our wedding. Alex, the band leader, helped us every step of the way and really took charge of managing all aspects around the music, allowing us to focus on other wedding... Read More planning activities. Right away, we were on the same page in terms of the type of music that we wanted and he was not only agreeable to our requests, the band absolutely nailed them! Many of our guests have been telling us that this was one of the best, or the best band, that they’ve ever heard at a wedding. If I could go back and do it all over again, I wouldn’t change a thing. If you want people to dance and have a great time, I highly recommend this band.

AMAZING BAND

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Lindi T

High energy! Super fun! Got everyone dancing! Followed all my directions! REALLY GREAT BAND! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

BEST BAND EVER

Reviewed on 9/11/2014 Valerie K

NYC Swing played at my brother's wedding and I knew I wanted them at my wedding, and I didn't even have a boyfriend yet. So when I got engaged, I already knew that I was going to book NYC Swing to play at my wedding. This company consist of a few different bands and you can mix... Read More and match band members to create the perfect group to play at your event. They are not just another wedding band. They are performers and entertainers. Their showcases are like parties. The music is so lively, it's impossible to stay in your seat. These musicians love what they do and you can tell. At both and my wedding and my brother's, the dance floor was always packed. The singers get off stage and onto the dance floor with your party. Dore, the owner is amazing. It is important to him that you have the best day ever, your guests have the most amazing time. They are more affordable than you would think considering their amazing talent. They absolutely stand out from every other wedding band you have ever seen.

NYC Swing Was EVERYTHING AND MORE

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Jillian C

I can not say enough good things about Dore DeQuattro and his band. It was an amazing night and he did everything little thing I asked him to do ad more!! We only paid for a 6 piece band for our reception, 1 musician for the ceremony, 2 for the cocktail hour. Dore brought us... Read More a 10 piece band just because he had band members with no bookings that night!! What a treat! We had two extra singers and a trumpet player (Dore) at no extra cost to us. Every guest complimented me on the choice of our band. I could not be happier with their work and attention to detail on our day.

Great Band

Reviewed on 2/28/2014 Angelica V

My brother used this band for his wedding so when it got time for me to look for my own wedding I knew I was going to use NYC Swing. They rock! Dore is a pleasure to work with and is truly passionate about what he does. They are not your typical wedding band where you have the... Read More guy/girl screaming into the microphone for everyone to get on the dance floor. They are a very talented band who really know how to get a party going. I do not think there was a spare space on the dance floor the entire night! They listened to me when I chose the songs I wanted and did not want to be played. They are so vibrant and they perform with such enthusiasm. You can tell that they really love what they do. I highly recommend NYC Swing to anyone who wants a top notch band that will have your guests dancing all night long!

So fun!

Reviewed on 1/27/2014 Kate D

Phil totally knows how to throw a party and I have no complaints. They played a great assortment of songs and kept the guests dancing till the wee hours.

Hire this Band!

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 stephanie t

We used Uptown Swing (a band that is part of New York City Swing) for our wedding and they were amazing! I received so many compliments from our guests...everyone loved the band! They offer the best variety of songs, artists, and genres. Their music style appeals to all... Read More wedding guests, no matter what age. We talked to the band director 2 weeks before the wedding, and he asked us lots of questions about the type of music we’d like to hear and what our guests would like to hear. He understood immediately the “vibe” we were going for with our wedding reception, and did not fail to deliver! Definitely hire New York City Swing/Uptown Swing for an amazing wedding band that you’ll remember forever and your guests will continue to talk about!

Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/16/2012 Lynda T

This is not an inexpensive band, but was the most important aspect of the reception for us and we wanted ot make sure we did it right. They were worth every penny. We had an 11-piece band and they were able to appeal to every age group, which was important considering our... Read More guests ranged in age from 2 years old to 94 years old. Everyone danced, and some of our friends even jumped in with the band and played instruments and sang. They have an amazing rapper as well. Great song choice and variety - we almost paid them to stay longer because no one wanted to leave the dance floor at the end of the reception.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Robyn B

New York City Swing's Uptown Swing Band was the absolute highlight of our wedding. They kept the dance floor going all night long and we couldn’t have asked for anything better. Even a month after our wedding, our friends and family are still talking about how great they were!!... Read More I cannot say enough AMAZING things about this band. They are by far the best wedding band I have ever seen. They are not only incredible musicians, but put on quite a show when on the stage! Each member has such a unique personality they bring to the overall performance, and several times throughout the night the band got down on the dance floor to entertain and dance! I HIGHLY recommend them, they sound EXACTLY like the artists who actually sing the songs and the musicians are incredibly talented. Hire them, it's the best decision you can make to ensure that your wedding is a blast!

The life of the party!

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Lauren M

NYC Swing was the life of the party for my wedding along with my sister and brother in law's weddings. They are lively, and VERY talented. We had a Michael Jackson impersonator. The band leader, Dori, is very accommodating and plays TWO trumpets at once. They really put on a... Read More show. They DO NOT provide background music. They ARE the party. If you want your guests to dance and want the band to be the focal point, use them. My only suggestion is not to force them to do too many songs out of their repertoire. They will practice them and are willing to learn almost anything, but they know what they are good at, so try to choose from their songs if you can. Or, if you have a special song, think about playing it from a CD if the artist or version is particularly important to you. Also, their price is one of the highest among their peers, but if you have it, or can cut down elsewhere, they are well worth it!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/13/2012 Victoria G

THE BEST!!! The band was amazing at our wedding. We had a lot of rock and roll and Mick worked with us to get the right members together to best suit our requests. Everyone was on the dance floor having an amazing time! Thank you to Uptown Swing for making our wedding a home... Read More run!

NYC Swing - The Best Ever

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 M M

NYC Swing played at my wedding in NYC in April 2012. The owner, who is also a masterful trumpeteer,Dore DeQuattro could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Not only is he a class act. His attention to detail is remarkable. He reviews every piece of the music, outlines the... Read More evening and makes you feel like he is performing at his own wedding. Aside from his customer relations, his musical talent is over the top. We hired the full 13 piece band. Worth every single penny and more. The leads singer Roz is a star. Last minute we decided to add another hot singer - American Idol Star - Gedeon Mckinney. The entire night all 125 people were on the dance floor. It was not only a band it was a show stopping performance. People are still talking about our wedding band 6 weeks later. They were over the top absolutely unbelievable performers. Not only did the band bring down the house for 4 hours so did the jazz quartet we hired from them during the cocktail hour. If we want to create a night to remember, hire NYC Swing. Dore DeQuattro will exceed your expectations. Best decision I made. Still smiling, Maria

EXCEPTIONAL

Reviewed on 2/06/2012 Courtney B

BEST DECISION YOU CAN MAKE!! Entertainment value is HUGE!!!! They get on the floor and get everyone excited! Dore is awesome on the horns, plays two at once while laying on his back! Singers are out of this world! Everyone that went to my wedding has been talking about... Read More them! Amazing variety of music played! One decision you won't regret!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Jacqueline C

we hired uptown swing for our wedding and could not have been happier! We were on the dance floor all night and people are still talking about how unbelievable they were. The high energy of the band ensured people had a great time while dancing and the continuous singing through... Read More dinner provided a warm and enjoyable atmosphere. When looking for a band I wanted to make sure I didn't choose a group that was going to take an hour long break during dinner while a CD player provided the music, with uptown swing we had non-stop music all night long. The band even learned our first dance song especially for our wedding. True professionals and unbelievable entertainment!

Best Band Hands Down!!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Ilana H

This was our second time using NYC Swing and they never cease to amaze! They even got a former american idol and a former academy award nominee to sing out our wedding! So easy to work with and simply the best!