Book Your Wedding with Newagen Seaside Inn

A BALLROOM IN SOUTHPORT, ME

The Newagen Seaside Inn is located in Southport, Maine, just a few minutes drive to Boothbay Harbor. The Newagen Seaside Inn was originally built in 1816 and played a prominent part in Maine history. Set on a peninsula reaching five miles into the sea, the Newagen Seaside Inn hosted prominent guests for years before the inn was burned down in 1946. The community banned together and rebuilt the inn immediately afterward and now the Newagen Seaside Inn sits as a reminder of community.

The inn's natural setting away from it all is so beautiful it even enchanted naturalist Rachel Carson, who was a frequent guest. There is no shortage of photo opportunities at the Newagen Seaside Inn. Rocky outcroppings, the seaside and the pine trees create classic Down East pictures at every turn. Couples can explore the nature trails, take photos in front of the clapboard inn or pose on the dock. The Newagen Seaside Inn has several spaces for couples to consider for their wedding ceremonies and receptions.

The Lawn and Grounds. Couples can exchange vows on the lawn overlooking the ocean. Guests sit in chairs set up on the grass while couples say "I do," framed by the water and trees. Couples can also use the lawn and grounds for receptions. Some couples choose to have their wedding receptions in the open air, while others choose to tent the space. There are over 20 acres of grounds for couples to explore on their wedding day. To-be-weds can also hold their weddings inside the historic inn. The indoor reception area has hardwood floors and rows of windows looking out onto the sea. Newagen Seaside Inn accommodates up to 250 guests for wedding ceremonies and receptions.

Guests can stay the weekend in the guestrooms available in the inn or they can rent a cottage. The Newagen Seaside Inn has wedding planners on staff to help coordinate accommodations, rentals, deliveries and more. The inn has its own restaurant located on site, which is available for rehearsal dinners. Couples can also book a lobster bake rehearsal dinner under the stars. Guests can convene in the Pine Room for the after-party, which has a pool table and candle-pin bowling.

Couples can make grand entrances and exits from their ceremonies or receptions by boat. The Newagen Seaside Inn restaurant caters all food and drinks for wedding events. The restaurant specializes in local, farm and sea-to-table new American cuisine. Outside cakes are permitted. Setup and cleanup are included. Tables and chairs are included.

• Adirondack chairs
  • Tennis court
  • Ping pong
  • Pool

Romantic Celebrations by the Sea

We’ve celebrated generations of beautiful, meaningful coastal Maine weddings and oceanfront wedding receptions for delighted and grateful couples. We know real Maine weddings are authentic celebrations of your love and lifestyle, and we know your perfect Maine wedding needs to be as unique as you.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

60 Newagen Colony Road, Southport, ME (207) 633-5242

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Mikhaila L

I stumbled upon Newagen Seaside Inn back in March of 2016 via a Google search. At that time, I had begun searching for a place to host an elopement ceremony/intimate wedding. I had been searching tirelessly for month but I couldn't seem to find any facility that really struck... Read More me, until Newagen Seaside Inn. From the moment I found the Inn I was struck by how beautiful the grounds and facilities were and I fell in love with the rocky Maine shore that surrounded it. As someone that grew up vacationing in Maine, the state has a special place in my heart and my fiancé has grown quiet fond of it as well, once we saw the Inn, we knew this was it! I reached out to the Inn via their wedding questionnaire on their site and quickly received a response back from Cherie Scott. The response was warm, enthusiastic and informative. After talking over a few things with Cherie, I quickly booked our elopement package as well as four nights at the Seahorse Cottage. Over the next year and a half I was in frequent contact with Cherie as she assisted me in any inquiries I had. She really helped make our wedding into the beautiful day that it was. I'd email her with questions and she'd email me back with answers or suggestions. She was incredibly kind and patient and genuinely cared about our special day. She assisted in everything from providing the initial quote, to helping me book, to putting us in touch with our officiate and booking a dinner in the pub for 16 people. To say that Cherie was amazing is a vast understatement. She is an incredible asset to the Inn and they, as well as any customer she comes in contact with, are extremely lucky to have someone with such skill and initiative. Though I didn't get to meet Cherie during our stay, she had put everything in motion with the staff we did come in contact with to make sure our day and the days that followed went off without a hitch. She even followed up with us after to make sure everything was satisfactory! Everything day of was beyond beautiful. Everything from arrival, to the ceremony, dinner and games in the Pine Room went perfectly and without a hitch. My husband (feels so strange to say!) and I are still in awe at the beautiful day we had and the Newagen Seaside Inn and it's staff were a huge part of it. It still feels surreal! I think we were expecting at least a little hiccup as that seems to be what happens with planning events but there was not one to be found. Everything was perfect down to the finest detail. The staff there was phenomenal. I cannot thank our day off coordinator Sandy enough for how professional and accommodating she was. She was fantastic! She even went so far as to secure a golf card to help my grandparents to and from the lawn, and for that I cannot thank her enough. Sally, our officiant that Newagen helped us secure was amazing as promised- from the second we met her I felt like I had known her for a lifetime! The appetizers and dinner in the Pub were to die for, and all food was exactly as requested! Our waiter went above and beyond and was professional, accommodating and patient. Our families cannot stop singing the praises of the Inn, it's grounds, the staff and the facilities. You all really helped make our day amazing and I cannot thank you enough for all that you did. This is a truly special place with truly special employees. I'm so happy that we found you and we're able to make a lifetime of happy memories here with our families. Thank you!

2017-09-15T11:08:37 Response from the vendor

Mikhaila and Steven, we were so honored to share in your most special day with your friends and families by your side. We hope you will join us back for your wedding anniversary year after year. You are both now part of our extended Newagen... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Danni M

There are simply not enough good things to say about the Newagen Seaside Inn and we are beyond happy that we chose them as our wedding venue! There is something really special about being able to have all of your loved ones stay on site and to have every wedding-related event on... Read More one property. It doesn’t just make things easy and functional, it’s ridiculously fun too! As a guest, every person you run into that weekend is there for the same wedding you are, which creates a really exciting atmosphere. And as a bride or groom, it is awesome to not have to worry about how to get people from one place to the next and to know that the Newagen has a ton of fun things to do so you don’t need to be concerned about providing entertainment pre-wedding. There is the Pine Room, which has candlepin bowling, shuffleboard, pool, ping pong and more (this was a big hit with our guests not just during the after party but also throughout the weekend) and then there is a giant chess board, bicycles, corn hole, beautiful scenery to explore and of course, a bar! And I should mention that the bar/pub serves AMAZING food. Besides being a prime location for both a party crowd and those who might be more into relaxing, the Newagen also has the most friendly, accommodating and genuinely fun staff I’ve ever encountered. They even danced with my Grandma during the reception and she can’t stop talking about what a great time she had with all of the folks who work there :). And then there is Maddie Rideout, Wedding Coordinator Extraordinaire! I had the best experience working with Maddie from start to finish. I never waited more than a couple of hours for a response to a question and felt that she was totally engaged in our wedding and committed to helping me bring our vision to life. By the time our wedding weekend rolled around, Maddie felt more like a friend than anything else. In short, we had the wedding weekend of our dreams, our guests are still telling us how much fun they had and the Newagen Seaside Inn is a place that we will gladly recommend to anyone that wants to have an unforgettable Maine wedding! Danni and Scott

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Jesse S

We love the Newagen! We got married there on June 24, 2017, and it was absolutely perfect! The venue is truly amazing. It has everything you could want there and more – not to mention it is such a beautiful spot! We loved being able to have the entire venue to ourselves (just us... Read More and our guests) for the weekend. It was so nice to check in on Friday and not have to leave for anything! We did everything right on property – rehearsal dinner, s’mores, ceremony, reception, and after party! Maddie, the wedding coordinator, is excellent! We were unsure/nervous about some things leading up to the wedding, but she always answered our questions and reassured us that it would come together. She was also very helpful day of getting things where they were supposed to be and fixing last minute things we forgot. The staff was wonderful; they were so friendly and really seemed like they were enjoying themselves at the wedding. Food was excellent too! Our guests loved it – we still have people telling us how much they enjoyed it there and asking us how we found the place. Highly recommend the Newagen!

2017-09-26T12:59:33 Response from the vendor

Dearest Danni and Scott: To say it was our deepest pleasure and honor to be your venue of choice for your INCREDIBLE wedding would be an understatement. We cannot wait for you both to return so we can reminisce about your most special wedding weekend.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Jenn M

I will say that Newagen is a very cute little quintessential Maine inn with lovely views, and having all of our friends and family staying at the inn made for a very fun weekend! Our wedding did turn out to be amazing, but Newagen is definitely overpriced for what it is, and... Read More they were extremely difficult to deal with in the planning process. If money is not an object and you are ok with just doing their standard wedding, then this is a great venue. We had wanted to do a few things that were not their "norm", and when we were trying to negotiate these items ran into a lot of push back. Maddie and Alyssa were very nice, but don't really have any authority in making decisions about things that are off-script. We ended up getting a passive aggressive email from the owner, Corrine, where she cc'ed my parents so that everyone would be on the "same page" about what was going on with our negotiations that they were unhappy about. It caused a lot of undue stress and tension that didn't need to occur, and we felt was very unprofessional on their part. My husband and I are in our 30s, highly educated, and both work in high powered, high stress professions, so to be treated like children in our wedding negotiations was extremely insulting. On the actual wedding weekend, the staff were great and the food was excellent (although we did go off menu for a lot of it), but the headache of dealing with Newagen leading up to the wedding was less than ideal

2017-08-14T14:36:16 Response from the vendor

Hosting beautiful weddings at Newagen for almost 20 years has allowed us to create a set of policies and procedures that have proven successful for all the varied wedding concepts we have accommodated. From transforming our kitchen into a completely kosher environment, to driving five... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/22/2016

thanks for sharing ,very helpful http://www.fancyflyingfox.com/

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Annie F

We had such an amazing wedding weekend! It is so wonderful to have the entire property to yourselves-- and the food, beautiful ambiance and ocean backdrop, and special features (such as the Pine Room) provide such special and unique elements. Yet, working with our Event... Read More Coordinator, Amanda Richards, was the highlight. Amanda is organized, responsive, caring, and dedicated to her work. I felt totally at ease with her running the show! I highly recommend Newagen Seaside Inn.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Jackie M

All I can say about our wedding weekend on July 16th at Newagen was AMAZING! We absolutely loved it! Not only did we (the bride and groom) have the best day ever, but so did our guests. I have repeatedly had people tell me that it was the best wedding they have ever been to!... Read More Yes, some of that had to do with my planning, but also it had to do with the magical venue and the wonderful execution of my requests on Newagen! We had perfect weather for our day and our guests were dazzled by the view. If you want an enchanting Maine wedding then this is where you should have it! One thing that sets this venue apart is the food. This is not going to be terrible wedding food. It is all delicious. We did the Lobster Bake for the rehearsal dinner and it was a HUGE hit. The lobster was tasty, along with the other options, and our guests just felt like it was a perfect start to the wedding. The s’mores also add a cute touch! The staff is also wonderful! The bartenders, servers and front desk staff were all so accommodating. They made it so our wedding ran super smooth. Amanda, our wedding coordinator, was great as well. She did not come on until only two months before our wedding and previous to her, the wedding coordinator was leaving so we were not getting the attention I felt we should, but once Amanda was on the job she made it so the day ran smoothly. And you can’t beat the views! My pictures are absolutely fabulous because of this venue. If we had to choose a venue all over again we would definitely go with Newagen! We can’t wait to go back for our anniversary!

2016-09-29T12:25:58 Response from the vendor

We are so thrilled to hear this amazing feedback! Thank you both for allowing us the honor and privilege of sharing in your most special day! We do have a highly experienced and dedicated team here at Newagen. And, we are known for our amazing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Jenni W

Our June 4th wedding was a dream come true! We really enjoyed and appreciated having several days with our guests to walk the nature trails, bowl in the game room, relax by the fires, eat at the restaurant, and take in the beautiful grounds to create meaningful memories with all... Read More who attended our destination wedding. The staff were very invested, supportive, and accommodating. We look forward to visiting again and again!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Ruth L

Our wedding at Newagen was perfect! The staff there were incredible and did everything that was needed to make the night run smoothly. They went above and beyond with set up, help with decision making, and execution of both the ceremony and reception. The scenery at Newagen... Read More was beautiful, even on a foggy Maine day, and the food was delicious. We highly recommend Newagen as a wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Erin F

The Newagen was a dream come true for our wedding! We wanted to find somewhere that "had it all". The coordinators were fabulous and made sure everything was just how I imagined it, down to the very last detail. The food was absolutely amazing as well! Our guests are still... Read More talking about it all from the rehearsal lobsterbake to the after party pizza. The bonfire the night before the wedding and the after party in the Pine Room were also guest favorites! I could not have imagined of a better coastal Maine venue to have our wedding weekend held. It was absolutely perfect!

Location, location, location

Reviewed on 8/23/2014 Jen M

The Newagen is a special spot. You know it the moment you drive up to the inn. We wanted a place where our guests could relax and enjoy together for our wedding weekend and the Newagen did all of that. The staff was absolutely fantastic and really seemed like they enjoyed their... Read More work. They certainly went the extra mile to be sure everyone was comfortable. The setting is incredibly beautiful and you have a chance to take advantage of all the Newagen has to offer. We went with an inside wedding in the new function room. We had 215 guest which was a bit crowded. I can't imagine a bigger party in that room. The air conditioner broke and the windows had to be closed due to noise complaints from the neighbors so it was really really hot (like mop the bride's sweat off with a towel hot). That was the only down part of the wedding. Luckily, because we had the whole inn to ourselves, guests could enjoy the deck and foyer to cool off. The lobster bake rehearsal dinner and bonfire were a huge hit as was the after party in the Pine room. Guests also stayed at The Ocean Gate and BeachCove Inns and were really pleased with their accomodations. We loved every minute of our Newagen wedding weekend. I highly recommend it.

Excellent Experience! Best Wedding EVER

Reviewed on 11/19/2012 Amber C

My wedding was perfect! I can't imagine a more beautiful venue and incredible staff. My guests were amazed at everything from the organization, service, food and beauty. I cannot say enough good things. Newagen staff is except

Choose Newagen

Reviewed on 7/08/2011 Megan F

Jason, the inn keeper at Newagen, makes you feel like you are the only person who he is working with, and that your wedding is just as important to him as it is to you. We loved working with Jason. We also loved having our wedding at Newagen. Jason worked with us, meeting at... Read More our convenience to make sure everything would be just the way we wanted it. The staff was great, and Newagen is BEAUTIFUL! We had a wonderful weekend experience that was everything I had hoped for and more. Have your wedding at Newagen. You won't regret it.

Meet The Director of Sales

Cherie Scott

Cherie Scott moved to Boothbay, Maine from New Jersey back in 2008. She is excited to join the Newagen Seaside Inn as the Director of Sales and Marketing, bringing over a decade of hospitality experience in catering, events and sales to the team. Back in 2012, Cherie had the privilege of representing the Boothbay Harbor Region as the Director of Events and Membership for 4 years. Prior to Chamber, Cherie was the Sales & Catering Manager at the Spruce Point Inn Resort & Spa, Boothbay Harbor, from 2008-2012.