“THESE GUY’S FLAT OUT ROCK THE HOUSE!!”

Originally a Rock/Top 40 group in mid Michigan, with a fan base thousands strong and selling out every public event they do, Newsmaker expanded its repertoire some time ago to provide the best in wedding and event entertainment. They provide an unparalleled, heart pumping sound and show for every event, and while they’re not as well known as a wedding band, have a real passion for weddings. In the words of Perry, Newsmaker’s bandleader, “This is the biggest day of their lives and I take that very seriously. It’s a real honor for me and the group to work with them and provide a night they’ll never forget”.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Pop, R&B, Rock

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

505 S LAFAYETTE AVE, ROYAL OAK, MI (248) 398-9711

Reviewed on 12/16/2017 Carolyn V

Newsmaker made our wedding a BLAST! They interacted with the crowd and really made the party. They had my entire extended family involved with tambourines, singing, drumming, and cowbell! I cannot say enough good things about this band. Their energy is amazing. I highly... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Nikki A

My husband and I were married a few weeks ago and we are still getting calls, texts, emails, pictures, even hand written letters of how amazing Newsmaker was! From the moment we met Perry and the band at one of their events, we immediately fell in love with them. Not only are... Read More the musically talented, but their charisma and party-personalities were more than we could have asked for. Perry was absolutely incredible to work with. He made everything go seamless and the best part, he made everything fun. Every conversation, email, etc. he would get me more and more excited for the big day. And- they deliver! Again, it has been a few weeks, but I am still beaming from ear to ear thinking about the night he gave us. We had family and friends telling us they haven't danced that much since their own weddings! We wanted a party and Newsmaker gave us a party! You will not find a better band than Newsmaker, your search is over, call Perry!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Hannah P

The band Newsmakers could not have done a more amazing job on our big day!! They exceeded our expectations in every way and kept our friends and family on the dance floor the entire night. They also did a phenomenal job on our first dance song, as well as the final song I... Read More specifically requested. Can't wait to hopefully see them at a friends wedding soon! Thank you so much NewsMakers!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Lisa H

Newsmakers were absolutely phenomenal at our daughters wedding. Could not have asked for a better band. Professional, amazing sound, and wonderful people. Thank you to all of you.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Dana E

Wow!! It’s wven hard to put into words how amazing this band was. My guests were dancing all night long. I got several compliments throughout the nighttelling me how awesome they are. They even had the elderly guests up there and rocking it. I didn’t want the party to end!! I️... Read More highly recommend this band to anyone and everyone!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Olga K

The Newsmakers are amazing! Absolutely wonderful singers and performers that totally rock the party! Can not recommend them enough for anyone’s wedding! You will absolutely not be disappointed. Also, they will manage the wedding schedule and make sure all the little details... Read More are taken care of. Definitely give them a call!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Steph

Newsmaker flat out rocks!! Way too many positive things to say about this group. They were true professionals and really made our special day perfect. Perry was amazing from the planning to the reception. You will not be upset if you go with Newsmaker...they are the real deal!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Shannon C

Newsmaker was a big hit at our wedding! Our guests and friends still say it was the best band they have ever experienced at a wedding reception. Newsmaker sounds and looks amazing, and they know how to keep the party going. Some of my favorite memories from our whole day involve... Read More Newsmaker, like when I danced on stage with my Mom during "Brick House," and playing the cowbell with my husband and niece (our flower girl) on stage later on. We felt like we were part of the band, and everyone had a blast!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Kevin L

Newsmaker was flat out amazing. From start to finish they made our reception flow perfectly and really brought the party. On top obalk that they were really easy to work with and were try professionals. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Emily V

You will not regret hiring the Newsmaker Band! The band is incredible! They were great to work with from the beginning. We had two special request songs that were not on their play list, which they learned and did a phenomenal job playing! They read the crowd well and while... Read More they are getting the guests to have fun, they have fun themselves!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Sara S

I cannot recommend Newsmaker enough! My (new!) husband and I knew that we wanted to have a band for our reception, but were planning our Michigan wedding from NYC, so checking out bands in person was challenging. We booked Newsmaker based on positive reviews, videos and the... Read More amazing guidance that Sandee at Lorio Ross and Perry (the bandleader) gave us to help make our decision -- and we were not disappointed! From the moment we finished our first dance, Newsmaker had our guests on the dance floor all night. We received so many compliments on Newsmaker and weeks later our guests are still raving. The band plays a great mix of songs designed to keep everyone from your college friends to your grandmas dancing and they bring such amazing energy and hilarious commentary to the party. They even let my husband and I join in on the fun with a tambourine and cowbell duet. Book Newsmaker. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Bob P

The Newsmaker Band did a fantastic job at my daughters wedding. Traditionally the father of the bride is supposed to give a speech. Didn't think I could make it without getting too emotional, so instead I rewrote the lyrics to a Van Morrison song. They played it perfectly!... Read More Can't thank them enough.

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Danielle K

The Newsmakers is the absolute best band around!! After our wedding we had numerous comments from guests sharing how the band took our reception to the next level. The set lists were perfect, Perry is beyond easy to work with, they interacted with the audience, and they got the... Read More party rocking! Our guests enjoyed them so much that two couples also booked the Newsmakers for their own weddings. We can't wait for more family and friends to get married so we can dance the night away to the Newsmakers!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 William B

I cannot say enough great things about this group! We hired Newsmakers for our wedding and May 2017 and couldn’t have been happier. They are very professional, experienced and talented! The cost is very fair but also VERY worth it. Everyone was up having a blast the entire... Read More night and my now wife and I had the peace of mind knowing our wedding day was going to run smoothly. Give them a call and hire them immediately!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Kim M

The comments we continue to get from our guests many months later sum it up. Statements like “Awesome band” and “Most fun wedding I’ve EVER been to” are just the start! We had a blast at our wedding and that is in large part because of Newsmaker! They did a phenomenal job of... Read More reading our guests and playing a great mix of music that kept EVERYONE on the dance floor all night. Thank you so much for making our day so perfect for us and so memorable for our guests! If you're looking for a band and have the opportunity to book Newsmaker, we highly recommend you do!

2017-09-07T11:25:42 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for the kind words Kim. You and Adam are an incredible couple and we had an absolute BLAST with you both! Such a pleasure working with you! It was an honor performing for you and your guests on your Wedding Day and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Natalie M

This band MADE our wedding! Everyone was out on the dance floor the entire night enjoying themselves. Perry was amazing to work with, he was extremely accommodating and helpful in organizing the timeline of the evening. This band can play a wide range of genres and really knows... Read More how to keep the party going. If you are considering booking a band for your wedding, look no further! They were undoubtedly the best investment we made for the entire wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda L

What an amazing band! You will not be disappointed. We have never been to a wedding with a band and we didn't watch Newsmaker live before the wedding. We spent A LOT of time researching bands and dueling piano groups to find something close to our budget with a big band sound.... Read More We saw them on videos online (it was a gamble), but let me tell you, the online videos DO NOT do this band justice! Perry was a joy to work with and really made the day ours. They will learn a song for you at the reception, your choice! Their set list is awesome and they are very energetic the entire night. We have many musically inclined family and friends who were asking for their business cards at the end of the night. THEY ARE REAL ARTISTS. Newsmaker interacts with the crowd so its not just music to dance to, its an experience. We received SO many compliments like "the best wedding I have ever been to" many times over. The dance floor was packed all night! They even played a few songs our guests requested that they didn't know and you have had no idea. They are very talented. Its worth the money, believe me we debated about it before booking. My advice, skip the photo booth and extra forms of entertainment. Instead spend the whole night on the dance floor with the people you love. You won't regret it! We can't wait to book for an Anniversary party in the future. Thank you, love Amanda and Dean.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Lori G

We loved having Newsmaker at our reception! So many compliments from our guests. The band had great crowd interaction, and was awesome with the little kids--they even partied til the band packed up. Well worth the price, we're saving up to have them back for another event.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Jennifer M

Newsmaker is amazing. Words cannot describe how much fun and truly entertaining they were. Everyone enjoyed the music from my 2 year old niece and nephew to my grandparents. On top of their performance Perry is absolutely phenomenal. He is the band leader and helped make... Read More everything go extremely smoothly. I cannot sing him enough praises. Trust me when I say you will not regret your band choice if you choose Newsmaker. They will keep your party going!

THE BEST

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Alyssa K

There is without a doubt in my mind that my reception would not have been the same without Newsmakers. They were so awesome! They brought the energy level up in the room and my guests were dancing and having fun up until 1:00am when the reception ended. I had the pleasure of... Read More working with Perry and he made sure all of my bridal dances were taken care of, and they also DJ'd during our cocktail hour. He also worked with me on a surprise for my husband and had one of his band members creat an acoustic version to an upbeat song that is my husband and I's song and it turned out wonderful. It was such a special moment for us. They even pulled my husband on stage for a song to plat the cow bell with them and everyone loved it. They were so lively and energetic and I got nothing but rave reviews from my guests. I would never recommend anyone having a DJ at their wedding because live bands are so awesome, and I would never recommend any other band but newsmakers! I think a lot of people shy away from bands because they think they are so much more expensive than DJ's, however this 5 piece awesome band was less than my photographer!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Sarah K

They were absolutely PERFECT for the occasion. The compliments have been pouring in since the wedding. Everyone wants to know where we found our amazing band. The dance floor was packed all night long; I think people danced until they couldn't dance anymore! Perry was wonderful... Read More to work with. He really made it a point to know all the details of our wedding day, right down to the crazy last names of our wedding party (he got every single one right too!). Worth every penny :)

Best addition to my wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Nichole G

Newsmakers was the best band we could have found for our wedding. My guests are still talking about the band. Perry is very easy to work with. Him and I planned everything out before the event. When the day came I did not have to give them any direction. A female member... Read More of the band was no longer a regular part of the band. We made the decision to pay for her to be a part of the night and that was the best decision we could have made. Everyone had a great time!