“THESE GUY’S FLAT OUT ROCK THE HOUSE!!”

Originally a Rock/Top 40 group in mid Michigan, with a fan base thousands strong and selling out every public event they do, Newsmaker expanded its repertoire some time ago to provide the best in wedding and event entertainment. They provide an unparalleled, heart pumping sound and show for every event, and while they’re not as well known as a wedding band, have a real passion for weddings. In the words of Perry, Newsmaker’s bandleader, “This is the biggest day of their lives and I take that very seriously. It’s a real honor for me and the group to work with them and provide a night they’ll never forget”.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Klezmer, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, MC Services, Music

505 S LAFAYETTE AVE, ROYAL OAK, MI (248) 398-9711

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Natalie M

This band MADE our wedding! Everyone was out on the dance floor the entire night enjoying themselves. Perry was amazing to work with, he was extremely accommodating and helpful in organizing the timeline of the evening. This band can play a wide range of genres and really knows... Read More how to keep the party going. If you are considering booking a band for your wedding, look no further! They were undoubtedly the best investment we made for the entire wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Amanda L

What an amazing band! You will not be disappointed. We have never been to a wedding with a band and we didn't watch Newsmaker live before the wedding. We spent A LOT of time researching bands and dueling piano groups to find something close to our budget with a big band sound.... Read More We saw them on videos online (it was a gamble), but let me tell you, the online videos DO NOT do this band justice! Perry was a joy to work with and really made the day ours. They will learn a song for you at the reception, your choice! Their set list is awesome and they are very energetic the entire night. We have many musically inclined family and friends who were asking for their business cards at the end of the night. THEY ARE REAL ARTISTS. Newsmaker interacts with the crowd so its not just music to dance to, its an experience. We received SO many compliments like "the best wedding I have ever been to" many times over. The dance floor was packed all night! They even played a few songs our guests requested that they didn't know and you have had no idea. They are very talented. Its worth the money, believe me we debated about it before booking. My advice, skip the photo booth and extra forms of entertainment. Instead spend the whole night on the dance floor with the people you love. You won't regret it! We can't wait to book for an Anniversary party in the future. Thank you, love Amanda and Dean.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Lori G

We loved having Newsmaker at our reception! So many compliments from our guests. The band had great crowd interaction, and was awesome with the little kids--they even partied til the band packed up. Well worth the price, we're saving up to have them back for another event.

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Jennifer M

Newsmaker is amazing. Words cannot describe how much fun and truly entertaining they were. Everyone enjoyed the music from my 2 year old niece and nephew to my grandparents. On top of their performance Perry is absolutely phenomenal. He is the band leader and helped make... Read More everything go extremely smoothly. I cannot sing him enough praises. Trust me when I say you will not regret your band choice if you choose Newsmaker. They will keep your party going!

THE BEST

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Alyssa K

There is without a doubt in my mind that my reception would not have been the same without Newsmakers. They were so awesome! They brought the energy level up in the room and my guests were dancing and having fun up until 1:00am when the reception ended. I had the pleasure of... Read More working with Perry and he made sure all of my bridal dances were taken care of, and they also DJ'd during our cocktail hour. He also worked with me on a surprise for my husband and had one of his band members creat an acoustic version to an upbeat song that is my husband and I's song and it turned out wonderful. It was such a special moment for us. They even pulled my husband on stage for a song to plat the cow bell with them and everyone loved it. They were so lively and energetic and I got nothing but rave reviews from my guests. I would never recommend anyone having a DJ at their wedding because live bands are so awesome, and I would never recommend any other band but newsmakers! I think a lot of people shy away from bands because they think they are so much more expensive than DJ's, however this 5 piece awesome band was less than my photographer!

Great Band!

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Sarah K

They were absolutely PERFECT for the occasion. The compliments have been pouring in since the wedding. Everyone wants to know where we found our amazing band. The dance floor was packed all night long; I think people danced until they couldn't dance anymore! Perry was wonderful... Read More to work with. He really made it a point to know all the details of our wedding day, right down to the crazy last names of our wedding party (he got every single one right too!). Worth every penny :)

Best addition to my wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Nichole G

Newsmakers was the best band we could have found for our wedding. My guests are still talking about the band. Perry is very easy to work with. Him and I planned everything out before the event. When the day came I did not have to give them any direction. A female member... Read More of the band was no longer a regular part of the band. We made the decision to pay for her to be a part of the night and that was the best decision we could have made. Everyone had a great time!