We bring good music to life

NightLife Band is a super high-energy performance dance band that specializes in current music, as well as the best music from the 40s to present. No other band performs more current hits! No other band can top our "wow-factor." No DJ can entertain like this lively, choreographed show band.

$$$$ – Expensive

Disco, Hip-Hop, Pop, R&B, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Washington, DC Serving MD, DC & VA (301) 237-9993

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Ruthie M

No exaggeration, this was the best money I've ever spent. I would give 100 stars if I could. I love to dance, and used to hit dance clubs every week in my teens and twenties (for reference: that was in the mid-90's to late 00's, and I love pop, hiphop, funk, reggaeton,... Read More world music - anything with a beat). So I really wanted a packed dance floor at our reception, but wasn't sure we could/should spend so much on a band. As the date got closer, I couldn't resist and decided to check into it. I think we contacted JJ&T Entertainment only 6 weeks before the wedding! We sent a list of some of our favorite artists to give an idea of our music preferences, and they quickly replied with several options. All of the bands they sent us looked cool, but we were most impressed by Nightlife's very professional video. They seemed high-energy without being too cheesy, and their video showed they could do a wide range of styles of music. Nightlife turned out to be AMAZING. It was cold, rainy and muddy, plus there was a bad generator cord so the power kept flickering in the tent. But they were such pros that they saved the whole evening. After the ceremony, we went into the house for family photos - and I was worried because the weather had slowed down the caterers and appetizers hadn't been served yet. But when I peeked outside, I was surprised to see the tent was already rocking - Nightlife had everyone jumping around. This band is so engaging!! They came out and mingled with everyone and kept the energy high. The kids loved them - one 9-year old guest was entranced by the singers and copying their dance moves, and next thing I knew they had her up on stage with them! We had a wide range of guests - blue-collar folks, teachers, lawyers, millenials, Gen Xers, boomers, and grandmas in their 80's - and they were all bopping around. My shy relatives, who answered their invites with "I'll come as long as you don't make me dance," were grooving all night. Even my groom's Southern Baptist cousins got on the floor! (I should also mention that the band kept a good eye on the crowd... when the grandmas went to bed and the college friends brought out the jello shots, the music shifted accordingly). When the band took a well-deserved break, they put on a bunch of artists we had mentioned we liked - I think they'd created a custom playlist of recordings for us! We had lots of changes to the schedule due to the weather: we had to cancel the end-of-the-night bonfire, and everything was running an hour behind. And because the wedding was on the same date as the March for Science, we did a "wedding march for science" thing that we didn't really explain to the band in advance. But the musicians rolled with all the craziness seamlessly and cheerfully! Throughout the night, everyone kept saying, "Where did you find this band?" By the end of the night, they were saying, "Best wedding EVER!!" And I don't think they were doing this just to flatter us, either - many folks stayed much later than expected, and got hotel rooms instead of driving home as planned. It was a FANTASTIC experience overall. I am just hoping that my newly engaged friend will hire Nightlife so I can dance my tail off again soon!

2017-06-01T12:08:44 Response from the vendor

Hey Ruthie!! How's my girl? Thank you so much for this amazing review...WOW! You really took the time to mention so many important factors about the customer service aspect of NightLife, as well as, how we kept it HOPPIN'! I love that. We do try... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/19/2016

NightLife is a real show stopper! Sawyer Wealth Management has used NightLife as our band for ten years now. They have performed amazing at every event from our wedding to our children's graduation parties and even our semi annual client parties. We have had a blast working... Read More with them and dancing the night away every time. If you are in the market for a band there is no other option then Night Life. They are like family to us just like I'm sure they would become to you as well. We couldn't imagine celebrating an event without them !

2016-10-19T13:33:36 Response from the vendor

Hey Jeanette, thank you my sister! We do feel like family and it makes our day when we know you guys are throwing a party. Can't wait to see you soon! Blessings to you and your beautiful family. Shell

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Erin M

NightLife equals amazing! If your looking for a band to get your guests on the dance floor this is your band. Their energy is non stop and their talent is outstanding. All I really cared about at my wedding was to have a good time and to dance the night away. Thanks to... Read More NightLife my dream came true. Even my guests that dont dance were on the dance floor. Everyone raved about them during and after the wedding. Shelli was a pleasure to work with from the start to finish. She is very responsive and made me feel at ease along the way. She was very accommodating and made the whole process very easy. I highly recommend this band they will not disappoint.

2016-10-09T18:51:11 Response from the vendor

Hey Erin & Paul, we had a blast at the beautiful home of the Burnett's for your wedding. Gorgeous night, gorgeous home, gorgeous couple...I mean really? It was like we stepped into a fairytale! Thanks for having us. We loved being part of your special... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Liddy C

Hands down, the best band EVER... Shelli and the fellas are top notch! I am so thankful we were able to have them for our wedding! XOXO

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Ken S

NightLife, you rocked it. Thanks for being a part of our son's wedding at AVAM. Since first hearing you about 10 years ago, I've known you could make a ceremony special. Have received nothing but rave remarks on your performance, the dance floor was actually bouncing. And a... Read More special thanks for our special request, "Evergreen". It brought back fond memories for Jo and I of our wedding nearly 37 years ago. Love ya, and see you soon.

2017-06-15T14:13:31 Response from the vendor

Hey Ken, AVAM was the coolest venue and that was ONE FUN RECEPTION! We were so happy to be part of Jeff & Melissa's wedding day and I can't wait to perform for their one year anniversary party. ;) Love to you and Jo and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Sharon W

Once again The NightLife Band provided the music for our annual Valentine's Gala Fundraiser at the Columbia Sheraton Hotel. They are a crowd favorite at this event, providing softer music during dinner followed by two wonderful dance sets. We usualy have the 4-piece band that... Read More produces a full sound and puts on a great show. We have a wide varienty of ages at our event and everyone has a good time. The dance floor is packed the entire evening. I coordinate this event and I find the band leaders to be extremely accommodating and easy to work with. We definitely plan to have them back again next year.

2017-05-02T19:09:01 Response from the vendor

Hey Sharon, Thanks so much for the kind words. We love that you are a loyal NightLife customer and we can't wait to spend our next Valentine's Day with your Rotary Club. Rock on, Sister! Shelli

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jean F

What most impresses me about NightLife Band is their professionalism. They're not only fun - and make your event fun - they truly care about giving you exactly want you want. Shelli really listens to you! The band not only provides music and entertainment that perfectly match... Read More your event, they ensure they provide everything you need to personalize the event to make it what you want it to be. And they support you through it all! We depend on them to make our events memorable and polished and they've never let us down. We'll keep booking them for all our events!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Shawnna W

NightLife helped make our wedding extremely memorable for us and our guest. They got everyone onto the dance floor and played a little something for everyone. People are still talking about the music at our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Courtney N

Nightlife Band is absolutely amazing! Exceeded all expectations. For a party of 800 plus people, they had the crowd dancing and truly engaged. Shelli is an absolute gem- we can't wait to have them back next year :) Thank you, thank you, thank you Nightlife for making our... Read More Pumpkins on the Green event the best one ever!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Sherry H

We have hired Shelli and the Nightlife Band on more than one occasion. We would consider no other! They are so flexible, so easy to work with, and really get the party going! They can cater to any theme and any group of people. Great voices AND great entertainers!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Lauren E

Nightlife is the most amazing band- for any event, especially weddings! For my wedding finding the right band was really important and I did a lot of research to not only see bands perform ahead of time, but I thoroughly watched band videos, and read all the reviews. Even before... Read More we hired Nightlife I went to check them out at a performance and I was blown away because Shelli was in the middle of the dance floor with everyone else at the event! She was the exact same way at our wedding- singing and dancing with everyone in the crowd. Thee Sax player Kurt came into the crowd to join us and get down, and one of the other members of the band was so sweet and talked with us at the head table. They are the most fun and energetic band that you could ever ask for and not only that but they are true musical artists.My wedding guests told me repeatedly during and after the wedding was how incredible Nightlife was- I had so many people ask me for their name. One of the biggest compliments was that Nightlife sounded so professional- they aren't just a "wedding band" they are true artists that are able to play all your favorite songs and sound exactly like the original songs. I loved that they can do all kinds of music- from the oldies, to the most current hits. More than anything what I love about Nightlife and Shelli is that they really enjoy their work and it's so much fun having them at your wedding. A lot of the other bands I looked at seemed to be doing it just as a job and almost seemed bored- but not Nightlife- they love what they do and it shows. I'm so grateful to Shelli and the entire band for the incredible performance and fun they showed us. They made our night the best night of our lives. Thank you, Night Life, I wish we could get married again and have you there!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Michael T

Shelli and the NightLife Band are the bee’s knees. They have become somewhat of a family and friend tradition. Anyone that has seen them, will inevitably hire them for an event of their own. Yes, they are that good. They have mastered their trade and were absolutely necessary at... Read More our wedding. Thanks Shelli, you’re the best!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Penny C

Fabulous experience with this band! There really is no one else like them in the area. If you're looking for professional, prompt, and experienced this is what you want. Our event was so much fun because of them!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kelly C

The NightLife band was fantastic! We are so happy that we were able to book them for our event. Everyone was dancing and had a great time. Thank you for your energy and awesome music!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Tricia B

NightLife was absolutely amazing!!! Totally made our event special and hugely successful!! Everyone danced the entire time.

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

Each year our organization hosts a Luau as a fundraiser and since 2014 we have used NightLife as our band. When someone is this good you are a fool to go with someone you don't know... Shelli (band leader and main contact) is not only incredibly talented, but sooooo easy to... Read More work with and a real sweetheart. She is extremely flexible and it is very important to her that we, as the client are happy, but gets the crowd going too. She knows how important this fundraiser is so she is quick to tell guests to check out the raffles, silent auction, support the organization, etc. Love them so much we use them for our spring event, which is a wine dinner. Completely different venue and style, more dressy and low key and NightLife has no problem is switching gears to start out mellow during cocktails and dinner, ramping the party up afterward. Always leaves the die-hard dancers wanting more at the end of the night. Love, love, love this band!

2016-08-22T21:04:06 Response from the vendor

Claire, we wouldn't miss your Luau Fundraiser! It's always a great time with fantastic food and drink but the fact that Calvert Hospice makes a huge difference in people's lives when they need it the most is hugely important! Keep up the incredibly important work... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

The band was incredible. A+ professional, A+ organized, A+ energy, A++ musicians. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Janine M

If you are looking for your guests to have the night of their life with you while celebrating your wedding BOOK THIS BAND! We booked the 7 piece NightLife Band for our wedding at the end of April and they were nothing short of AMAZING! We are STILL getting compliments on the... Read More great performance that they put on and I imagine we will continue to hear great things from our guests for years to come! My husband and I had an absolutely wonderful time! Shelli was a joy to work with and a great emcee! She is very detailed driven, really wants to make sure that the performance is flawless and most importantly, that everyone is dancing and having fun. I've never seen so many wedding guests on a dance floor ALL NIGHT as I did at my wedding. There were guests of all ages on the floor! The music selection process was a breeze and NightLife Band played songs that people of all ages were able to dance to. They even let my Mother-in-law take over the microphone to sing a song! It was a hit! As a dancer since the age of 3 it was highly important to me and my husband that the music for our wedding was perfect and NightLife Band DELIVERED. I cannot say enough great things about this band. If you are looking at this page and reading this review, please book them! You will absolutely NOT regret it! Thank you so much NightLife Band for a night that my guests and I will NEVER forget! xo

Reviewed on 6/05/2016 margo

Nightlife was wonderful! They were very easy to work with and many people at our wedding commented on how fantastic the music was. They were really energetic, got everyone dancing, and played a great selection of music. Shelli also helped us organize strings for the ceremony... Read More (string poets) who were also amazing! I would highly recommend both!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

NightLife Band played at our Event this past weekend, they were terrific, in fact, another friend is asking for them for their wedding in May if available.... got the whole audience dancing! Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 12/28/2015

This band is absolutely wonderful. We have used them for the company holiday party for a couple of years now and they are always amazing. They will continue to be our go to band for our parties as they have blown all the other bands we've had in the past out of the water. If you... Read More are looking for a band that is charismatic, energetic, and talented this is the band you want. They make sure that everyone is up and dancing by playing a variety of awesome music and having infectious energy. They are so much fun that we can't imagine our annual party without them. Shelli is also fantastic to work with. She is very professional, responds quickly, and is always incredibly pleasant.

Dance, dance, dance!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Caitlin J

The Nightlife Band was spectacular for our wedding. The dance floor was packed all night. The band was high-energy, exciting and excited, and led to an infectious good mood. They listened to what we wanted, played songs we loved, and didn't play any songs we didn't like. They... Read More were even willing to learn the obscure Bruce Springsteen song we chose for our first dance. They were very flexible on timing for the night, and worked well with our day-of coordinator. The band leader, Shelli Cinotti, is easy to work with and works well with the other vendors, the hotel, the AV people, etc. We cannot recommend them highly enough. They were fabulous. They book well in advance (we booked them more than a year before our wedding), so if you like them, act quickly.

2015-12-07T19:14:00 Response from the vendor

We had so much fun at your wedding, guys! And we loved your choice of "Happy" by Springsteen for your 1st Dance. It was both heartfelt and lyrically perfect. Neal, hope to see you and Caitlin soon! Be well and Happy Holidays, Shelli

Reviewed on 10/25/2015

Nightlife is simply the best band in DC / Baltimore area. They performed at the Old South CC Men's Member guest and we are still getting rave reviews from our members weeks after the event . Nightlife provides high energy , professionalism , great music and showmanship... Read More extraordinaire ! Shelly and her group provide a great value , terrific show , and are very easy to work with . I highly recommend Nightlife and will be using their services again.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

NightLife turned our happy wedding celebration into a PARTY that people will never, ever forget! Everyone couldn't stop talking about the band after the wedding, and everyone said they had never seen so many people dancing at a wedding. From day one, Sarah (the bride) and I... Read More wanted to have a very fun, dance all night, kind of wedding! Well, mission accomplished, thanks to NightLife! This band doesn't just play, they perform! From encouraging guest participation, coming on the floor with everyone, special lighting effects, they've just got it all! We had heard the band at several functions before the wedding planning, and just knew we wanted to have them at our celebration. They are worth every penny!! Please book NightLife, you won't regret it! Debbie Xinis (MOB)

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

Best band ever!!!! We booked Nightlife for our wedding this summer and THEY WERE AMAZING!!! Very high energy and they get everyone out on the dance floor. Months later we still have friends telling us how "awesome" the band was. Any event you are having, this is the band you... Read More want to book.