Asheville Wedding Cinematographers

Nine Worlds Films was born out of a passion for cinematography, life stories and nordic mythology. What started as wife + husband team is now a family owned studio, here in Asheville, NC. We're helping couples to film their southern wedding as the cinematic, breathtaking movies they’ll watch again and again. Thanks to our inconspicuous and candid approach you and your guests can be yourself and will hardly notice we're there! Serving Carolinas, TN and points beyond!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video

Asheville, NC Asheville, NC and points beyond (828) 551-3781

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 Allison B

Oh my goodness! I can not stop watching the amazing highlight from Nine Worlds Films from our wedding day (3/24/17)! Thank you for capturing all of these sweet and amazing moments from our wedding day!! You guys are incredibly talented at what you do!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Amanda P

Aleksandra & team was helpful, informative, and accommodating to our requests from the beginning of the planning process. During the day of, her team was not intrusive in the least bit - capturing moments that my husband & I missed - and we are SO happy that we decided to invest... Read More in a wedding film that we can watch year after year. After receiving our wedding teaser, we are dying to see the full film!! If you are on the fence about selecting a videographer, give Aleksandra a call to understand your options & how they capture your special day; my bet is that you will book them & be grateful you did!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Stacy K

We had a great experience with this company! They were professional and easy to work with. I am so pleased with the way the video turned out, it was very beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Brooke S

Aleksandra and her team did a fantastic job of capturing our special day. The trailer film was such a perfect spotlight. We have loved watching it over and over. During the wedding we were so caught up in everything, so it's great to have the video to look back on. We would... Read More definitely recommend Nine Worlds Films.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Shannon R

Aleksandra and her sister, Paty, videoed our rehearsal dinner and wedding a few weekends ago and they were wonderful! Aleksandra is very responsive and helped answer any questions I had over the course of my planning. I am not very comfortable in front of a camera but I honestly... Read More didn't even realize they were around, even when we were getting ready. I cannot wait to see the final product. I know it will be amazing. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Amber G

Aleksandra and Somerled were not only professional and reliable but were an overall pleasure to work with! Their prices are reasonable and after a long conversation with Aleksandra I knew Nine Worlds were the perfect fit for us. They arrived around 10:00 am on our wedding day... Read More and did not leave until almost 10:00 pm! Talk about dedication! Although we did not get a short film made we were extremely happy with how the video turned out! We would highly recommend NWF for your videographer. Thank you Aleksandra and Somerled for everything!!!

Reviewed on 2/15/2016 Emily

I've now received all my finish videos from Nine Worlds Films and the end product was everything I hoped for and more. Communication throughout the planning process always so easy, quick, and they really did understand my vision for the videos perfectly. They give you a form to... Read More fill out the week before your wedding with some style questions, "key" events, and I think if you spend time on that you won't be disappointed! We were deciding between having a videographer or not, and I'm SO glad we decided to add it to our budget. We used them for our Rehersal and day of. Where my photographer only stayed for a few hours on the day of, I'm so glad I was able to capture the whole weekend's festivities. I never noticed them the whole day, however they didn't miss a thing. I'm so thankful I chose them for my wedding, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.

Reviewed on 2/14/2016 Heather M

Our wedding videographer was one of the last things we booked because we weren't sure if we wanted to spend more money on top of the already piling expenses, But we would have 100% regretted it if we had not done this! We could not have been more thrilled with our wedding... Read More videos, especially since this was a destination wedding for us and not all friends and family were able to attend. Aleksandra and Somerled we absolutely incredible, they listened to what we wanted and captured the day perfectly. The editing was seemless and tasteful (they were able to politely remove some embarrassing family moments). They captured so much, from so many different angles, that it was amazing for us to watch and to see how much we missed during the craziness of the day. We cannot thank them enough for creating a beautiful reminder of our best day that we will have for years to come! Our friends and family are also raving about our video, Thank you Nine World Films!

Reviewed on 2/02/2016 Carrie F

I was THRILLED with our wedding video! My mother was unable to attend our wedding, so I wanted to be able to share the ceremony with her. The final product was so much more than we ever hoped for! We love it and can't wait to watch it every year on our anniversary. Thank you... Read More so much, Aleksandra and Somerled!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Jessica S

Do not hesitate if you are contemplating using Nine Worlds Films for your wedding day. Aleksandra and Somerled are incredibly professional, kind, detail-oriented, and creative. They took the time to understand what was important to my fiance and I on our wedding day and in our... Read More film, including what unique cultural traditions we had planned and how they could best be captured. They are so generous with their time as well, arriving early on the day of and staying right until the very end of the night (with no additional charge). Really, the value of their service is way beyond the actual cost. And the final product is beautiful: a documentary-style film that walks through all the moments of our wedding day from start to finish, capturing every detail and emotion of the day. I highly recommend working with Nine Worlds Films - I would do so again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 12/11/2015 Amber D

I cannot speak highly enough about Nine Worlds Films. Before the big day, They made sure to have every detail planned out exactly how we wanted it. On the wedding day, they were extremely professional and we barely even noticed them getting their shots. When we got the final... Read More product, we were absolutely blown away. The amount of detail that went into our documentary and highlight video was amazing and they gave us a priceless gift we will cherish forever. Everything was absolutely perfect, and I highly highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Vanessa G

We can't express enough how wonderful Alexandra and Somerled were for us! The dedication we felt from them, as a team, was phenomenal and it continued long after our wedding day. We felt the value of their services certainly met and exceeded our expectations. Hiring a... Read More videographer was important to us, but wasn't our top priority. However, with this being a destination wedding, being able to show our day to friends and family back home has been priceless. Don't overspend...email and talk to Nine Worlds and you won't be sorry!

Excellent Wedding Video

Reviewed on 4/27/2015

This was an amazing and great experience. They provide very complete packages with exceptionally high quality HD work. The work is done discreetly at the wedding and the final product is sharp and excellent. Super friendly service and very flexible and easy to work with. One of... Read More the few wedding videos that actually does the complete ceremony from beginning to end with a full documentary style, not just a five minute summary with your typical music. Very highly recommended on all accounts!!!

Truly Amazing

Reviewed on 3/20/2015 Emily M

Aleksandra and Somerled are truly amazing people and incredible professionals. They did the videography for our wedding last September and we could not be more thrilled with their professionalism before, during and after the ceremony. From our first phone conversation we were... Read More positive they would be exactly what we were looking for and do a tremendous job! They worked extremely well with all of our other vendors and added to the fun and excitement of the entire day. Of course the most important part is the end result, not only were both the highlight video and the documentary film delivered ahead of schedule, but both were of the highest quality and captured our wedding perfectly! The attention to detail in picking the shots, the editing, the sound and music was spectacular. Everything was absolutely top tier and it is apparent from start to finish. The highlight video is one of our favorites, allowing our friends and family to relive that special day in just a few minutes and pass it along to others who couldn't attend is a takeaway that every wedding needs.

Excellent all around!

Reviewed on 3/12/2015

Working with Nine Worlds Films was a dream. From the planning stages after I initially contacted them, they were prompt and flexible with all of our requests. Their style of videography was EXACTLY what we were looking for! They were at our venue before anyone else, taking... Read More shots of the scenery and decorations, and throughout the whole day, they were a constant presence in the background (we could hardly even tell they were there!). We wanted a laid back wedding, so when we switched things up at the very last second, Aleksandra and Somerlad just went with it! THEN, we got our videos... we are still speechless! The video was beautifully edited, and we were so surprised at how much we missed on our wedding day that they captured. We will treasure our video forever, and working with Somerlad and Aleksandra was a dream. Thanks again for everything, y'all!

Aleksandra MacDougall

Filmmaker, Freya’s mom, Somerled’s best friend, wife and business partner (did I miss anything?! :)) I love filming, preserving and telling amazing stories and LOVE the weddings and elopements! Filmed a show for DIY network, MS in Finance and Management with BS in accounting lol... Let’s meet and talk about the Big Day!