Wedding Officiant for Your Beautiful Ceremony

Officiant for wedding ceremonies, civil unions, vow renewals and commitment ceremonies in New Jersey, eastern Pennsylvania and parts of New York. I will work with you to create a beautiful unique ceremony that reflects your love. Whether it's a traditional ceremony, a more personalized ceremony reflecting aspects of your personalities and traditions, or an elopement with just you and your two witnesses, you have come to the right place! Bilingual (Spanish) officiant services available as well.

Religious Affiliations

Catholic, Mormon, Orthodox, Adventist, Anglican/Episcopal, Baptist, Congregationalist, Holiness, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Restorationist, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

Ceremony, Wedding

74 Walnut Avenue, Somerset, NJ (908) 346-0584

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Lauren S

We loved Betty as our officiant, she was so nice and understanding and knew exactly how we wanted our vision. She gave us multiple ideas of what she would say during our ceremony and we got to pick every single one. It was so beautiful and she has such a nice voice. We... Read More expressed to her we wanted to avoid all religious undertones and it was not an issue. You didn't even notice that religion wasn't a part of the ceremony. I was getting multiple compliments after the ceremony on how beautiful it was. If Alex and I ever decide to renew our vows down the road, we would love to have Betty there with us to celebrate. Thank you so much Betty from the bottom of our hearts! Love, The Stepanov's

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Kerri M

Betty was amazing from the moment we met her to the moment she married us. She provided us with an array of options to create the most personalized ceremony and even included the special stories we had shared with her. I would recommend Betty to anyone getting married who wants... Read More to have a ceremony that all their guests will love and be raving about afterwards.

April Wedding

Reviewed on 4/21/2014 Krystal G

My husband and I were just married this past weekend April 19, 2014. During the months of the planning we decided that we were no longer going to do the ceremony at my childhood cathedral. We started searching online for an officiant. We looked and looked and finally found... Read More Betty. All her reviews on the website were positive ones and she had 5 stars on almost all of them. We called her and met up at an agreed upon location as we live in central jersey and she is in north jersey. She blew us away from the day we met her because she was so friendly and nice. This process was very easy because she gave us a breakdown of many verses she uses. We chose our verses and she personalized them for us. It was such a beautiful ceremony. Little did we know that she was the officiant in our friends wedding. We would recommend her time and time again.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Maiza G

Betty was wonderful from the begging!!! She ensured that all of my questions and concerns were answered and addressed. She answered every single email timely and put together a wonderful ceremony . Her voice was very soothing and warm . However , day of the wedding, there seem... Read More to have been some minor hiccups as she delivered our ceremony wording. Maybe she was as nervous as we were or maybe it was the bees surrounding our ceremony lol. Regardless !!! It was a wonderful ceremony and I couldn't be happier with her work. I would recommended anyone getting married , to contact Betty immediately!! You will not regret it !!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kristin S

Betty was absolutely perfect, she created a ceremony that was everything we had dreamed of & then some

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Andrea M

Unfortunately, it certainly has NOT been a pleasure to work with NJ Beautiful Weddings , Betty, because her professionalism and results were sub-par – to my surprise because I saw a few rave reviews online about them. I feel the way I feel for a number of reasons. To me waiting... Read More multiple days before my wedding day (9.2017) for an email response, to be nearly begging you for a rehearsal, me telling you to take a certain element out of the wedding and 10 minutes later interrupting the ceremony to ask me what I just mentioned a few minutes ago… not cool….really? Not to mention that her delivery the day of the wedding was not smooth… this is why I was stressing a rehearsal. I don’t want to say meeting you at a Panera Bread instead of some sort of office or private professional space could have been a red flag and I am not going to judge based on that, but it does give businesses a bad name when you don’t have professional meeting space and when the professionalism is sub-par. I really should have used another offiiciant when I didn’t hear from you for four days as my wedding was approaching. I really do have a good judge of character, but I was just hoping for the best. I just expected better…more professionalism, more knowledge about unity ceremonies and simply better record keeping (aka vows). She was a lovely woman, but the results just didn’t work out for me.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Aimee S

Betty made our ceremony beautiful. We had a non religious ceremony and Betty tailor made our ceremony after taking the time to get to know us both. Everyone keeps telling us how heartfelt our ceremony was. I would highly recommend Betty. Oh! And she is so sweet!!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 STACI K

Betty was wonderful! She is warm, compassionate and open to ideas. We could not be happier with how our ceremony turned out!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Anna S

Betty was a pleasure to work with, she was very responsive and professional. Together, we created a beautiful ceremony that we will remember forever!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Elizabeth A

Betty was such a joy to work with and was a fantastic choice to be our officiant; she was also very reasonably priced! She was so warm and friendly and after just one meeting with us, she put together the most beautifully worded ceremony that completely summed us up as a... Read More couple. Our guests are still talking about how wonderful it was! We HIGHLY recommend Betty!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Alysia M

Betty was amazing! We had a lot of trouble finding someone we both liked and felt comfortable with, but once we met Betty we instantly knew she was the person we wanted to officiate our wedding. She was pleasant to work with and put together a great ceremony that was perfect for... Read More us!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Trista R

We booked Betty almost a year in advance and when the day of our wedding came she was a half hour late and wasn't prepared with the ceremony readings. The guests were waiting upstairs in there seats while we were waiting for her to show up. All of the readings and other passages... Read More were forgotten during the ceremony and my maid of honor never got a chance to do her reading because she skipped over her. This was surprising because we had a lot of communication leading up to the day of our wedding.

2016-10-10T14:27:32 Response from the vendor

A full refund was sent and sincere apologizes given that I did not provide you with the service you so rightly expected. I had hoped this would, in some way, compensate for your disappointment. Over the past 12 years, I have always taken great pride... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Robyn G

Betty was just who we were looking for to officiate our semi-formal outdoor wedding in the Pocono Mountains on September 16, 2016! Simply stated - she was easy to deal with, super sweet, and helped us put together the perfect mix of traditional ceremony with BEAUTIFUL personal... Read More touches. The entire process was smooth and easy - from our phone calls and emails, to the organization of the format and flow of the entire ceremony.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Mary K

Betty was an absolute joy to work with! She helped plan and helped guide us in the best way she possibly could with planning a ceremony. The ceremony was everything we wanted and more. It was absolutely beautiful! We received so many compliments from our guests! I highly... Read More recommend using NJ Beautiful Weddings for your future wedding.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Melissa N

Betty was great to work with and made the process very simple with many options. We received a lot of good feedback from many of the attendees.

Reviewed on 5/09/2016 Ashley H

Betty was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! She truly cared about what we wanted in our ceremony and custom tailored it exactly to embody our personalities ; it was truly beautiful and our family and friends are still talking about it. If you want to have... Read More an officiant that will take the time to know you, understand your relationship, and commit 100% to making you happy then look no further.

Reviewed on 4/18/2016

Betty was the perfect officiant for our wedding this weekend. We Skyped with her at first to get an idea of her demeanor, and she was just what we wanted: a calm, soothing presence who was open to our not really religious, but still Jewish/Catholic ceremony. She worked with our... Read More schedule and was prompt to respond, and had a lot of great sample ceremonies for us to mash up into our own custom ceremony. Would definitely recommend!

Wonderful officiant

Reviewed on 11/30/2015

From the moment I met Betty, I knew she would be perfect to officiate our wedding. She was so warm and kind and I felt like I'd known her forever. She understood how I wanted the ceremony to go and guided me every step of the way. She helped through all the necessary steps to... Read More write our vows and get our marriage license. I highly recommend her to officiate any ceremony.

Beautiful Wedding Ceremony

Reviewed on 11/24/2015

Betty was the officiant for our recent wedding. From our first point of contact, she was a pleasure to deal with. It was a second marriage for both of us, so we had no idea how we wanted our ceremony to go. Before our first meeting, Betty had sent over many different... Read More samples. She gave us great ideas. We ended up the ceremony that was perfect for us. Betty did a beautiful job and our guests could not stop talking about the ceremony.

She's the one!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Libby m

From the moment I met Betty, I knew she was the one for us. She is so attentive, warm, gentle and even though you just met you'll feel like you've known her forever!! I was nervous searching the web for an officiant, but she is the real deal and made our ceremony more than I... Read More could have had imagined. She gives you sooo many options for your ceremony that really personalizes it. The wording we choose really spoke to us and moved us. I would recommend Betty to my family, friends and all brides out there!!! Thank you Betty!!!

Betty is the sweetest!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 lauren t

Betty officiated our 10.9.15 ceremony at Prallsville Mill and was SUCH A PLEASURE to work with! She was so patient with us when we wanted 5,000 different things incorporated into our ceremony and her warm aura is just so comforting!

Absolute pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Sara R

Working with Betty from start to finish was such a pleasure. We met half way at a diner and had dinner with her and it felt so easy to talk to her. My husband and I had full control over our ceremony structure and she had pages of verses for Our ceremony to choose from. We were... Read More able to include God in as little or as much as we wanted. Reading my ceremony vows made me tear up because it all just sounded so beautiful when everything I selected was read all together. She was referred to me by my co worker and I am so happy we met her!

Wonderful ceremony

Reviewed on 12/19/2014 Katy C

Betty was wonderful - both throughout our wedding planning process and on the day of our wedding. She helped us design a custom ceremony to fit exactly our desires and needs. Our ceremony turned out beautifully and we were so happy we went with Betty Coram as our officiant!

Betty J. Muller

Throughout my life, I always heard people say “find your passion.” I didn’t know if that was possible for me, but when I started officiating at weddings, I knew I found my calling. Each time I meet a new couple, I enjoy getting to know their personalities, interest and traditions so I can help create a personalized wedding for each couple. At last count, I’ve joined over 425 happy couples in wedded bliss! I look forward to sharing my passion with you. When not officiating, you can find me with a tub of popcorn and a great movie. I can’t get enough - only don’t ask me to watch a horror film.