Nonantum Resort

Kennebunkport, ME

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Nonantum Resort

Our stunning waterfront location in world-renowned Kennebunkport, Maine is the place for the perfect wedding reception (up to 200). This enchanting resort features elegantly appointed rooms, fine dining, pool, and service reminiscent of days gone by. Victorian Charm with Contemporary Amenities.

• Outdoor - Covered

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

95 Ocean Avenue, Kennebunkport, ME

The Way Life Should Be

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Abigael S

It is hard to put into words how perfect the Nonantum was for us. Since we were doing a "destination" wedding in Maine we wanted our guests to feel like they were in Maine. As soon as I walked in to the ballroom, it felt like Maine. The ocean view, the boats on the water, and... Read More the Adirondack chairs outside screamed Maine to me. It was beautiful. Our wedding coordinator, Tim Ames, along with the rest of the staff, helped us have a perfect and memorable wedding reception. After signing our original contract and sending in the deposit, I found out my sister was pregnant and due a day after our wedding. The fact that she lives in London was going to make it impossible for her to be at there. I met with Tim in a panic and he pulled out his calendar, told me what was available in August, and we changed the date...he made it that easy. He turned a stressful situation into one that was manageable and exciting since my sister could now be a part of the day! The food at our wedding went above and beyond expectations. Thank you to Chef Jeff!!! Our wedding guests are still talking about how delicious their dinners were. Everything at the reception went on without a hitch. Tim was always in the background making sure things were running smoothly. I thought that since I wasn't from Maine but planning my wedding there, I was going to be stressed with the distance. Having Tim and the staff helping us, I thought I was right down the road. He answered my emails and phone calls in a timely manner and was always there with a suggestion or help. The icing on the cake was the call from Tim the morning of the wedding...he said "don't worry everything is fine, we are just wondering what you and Ryan would like to drink when you come off the boat so we can have it waiting for you". Tim's attention to detail and caring went above and beyond anything we could have imagined. Throughout all encounters with the staff, the night of the wedding and morning after, they were all so friendly. So many "congratulations" and thoughts of happiness were shared. We were so appreciative! If possible, I would recommend taking the boat, the Pineapple Ketch into happy hour. It was great for Ryan and I to have a little time alone and surprise our guests with our entrance.

Still in Awe - Our Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Stephanie M

We got married at the Nonantum Resort exactly one month ago and are still in awe of how amazing everything turned out. I don't think that feeling is going to go away for a long time. Not only is the Nonantum beautiful, but the staff are incredible to work with. Dawn... Read More Blystone, our wedding specialist, was truly more than we could have asked for. In the planning stages, I would pose a question thinking there might need to be some discussion, but no; I would get a simple response saying "it's done." There is no better feeling than working with a team who is not only friendly, but also knowledgeable, professional, and extremely helpful. People always say there are little things that go wrong that only the bride and groom notice, but no one else. Honestly, we cannot think of a single thing we wanted done differently. Since it takes a real team to execute a big event, I think that's a true testament to how great the Nonantum staff is. From the front desk, bellman, chef, banquets, activities team, bar staff, pool, dining, etc. we were so incredibly impressed. We can remember multiple peoples' names because they truly made personal impressions on us. We are not from Kennebunkport, but fell in love with the town previously and wanted to share that with our guests. Because of the Nonantum, numerous guests also fell in love with it, and we could not be happier. We certainly intend to return as soon as we can, and now we have many friends/family who would love to join us in creating more memories! Thank you for everything!

Spectacular Wedding Location!

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Jennifer T

We had our Reception at the Nonantum Resort for our 178 guests on May 3rd & it could not have gone any better! Tim Ames was an incredible Coordinator from start to finish. He's very experienced, has a lot of great ideas & takes care of EVERYTHING so that the Bride and Groom... Read More don't have to worry about one thing! The location is beautiful right on the water, the food is well above your "typical wedding food" (we received MANY compliments), the staff went above & beyond and the accommodations were stunning. We could not have picked a more perfect location for our Reception & we were so lucky to have Tim as our Coordinator!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015 Tara L

My husband and I got married at the Nonantum Resort on October 17th of this year. We couldn't be happier with the resort, it's staff, the overall atmosphere, food and other vendors we chose!! Our wedding was amazing and was seemingly flawless and our guests had a great time!... Read More The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating right from the beginning when we first visited the resort in search of a venue for our destination wedding. Everything went beautifully (right from the beginning) mainly thanks to our outstanding coordinator, Ariel Taschereau! She was always approachable and responsive/helpful when dealing with my many emails and phone calls leading up to the wedding. Perhaps most importantly, she really made our wedding day stress free. We were able to enjoy the entire day without having to worry about a single detail. If I could, I would give the resort much more than 5 stars!!! Thank you to everyone at Nonantum who made our day so wonderful!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Desiree D

The Nonantum deserves far more than 5 stars. Picking the Nonantum as my wedding venue was the best decision. It is so much more than a wedding venue. When I booked the Nonantum, I knew I was getting a gorgeous location. What I didn't realize was that I was also getting... Read More amazing food (seriously, people couldn't stop talking about how good it was!), and the most unbelievable staff, including a wedding coordinator (think: Fairy Godmother). Dawn was our wedding coordinator and I can't say enough good things about her. My family, husband and I invited people to come up to Kennebunkport early so that people could have a mini-vacation as part of our wedding. I had 4-5 people remark on how calm I was leading up to my wedding day (and it was supposed to rain and we had an outdoor tent wedding!!). Some of the exact terminology was "you are as cool as a cucumber". The reason? Fairy Godmother Dawn. I had met with her before, we had done the food tasting, I had emailed back and forth with Dawn, and my mother was working closely with Dawn. I knew that no matter what went wrong (like when I told Dawn I would be bringing the cake cutting utensils that my aunt had given us and completely forgot), it would be fixed and perfect by the time my guests arrived (and guess what?!? Dawn noticed that I hadn't remembered the cake cutting utensils and there was a lovely set just waiting for my husband and I to use to cut our cake). In addition, if you tell the Nonantum that something is important to you (no matter how big or small), it will be done. I told Dawn that arriving on a boat was really important to my husband and I. She coordinated with a local fisherman to use his mother's dock so that we could arrive by boat. People still comment to me how awesome it was that we arrived by boat. In fact, people continually comment to me, even months after my wedding, that it was the best wedding they have every attended. I honestly couldn't be happier with my wedding. I tell my friends who are getting married now and stressing over decisions that seem huge (roses or peonies?) that no matter what decision you are making now, the day of your wedding it will seem like the right decision. However, I know that is true because I chose the Nonantum. Having my guests arrive to a gorgeous cocktail party along the water with friendly staff serving drinks and amazing food (think: lobster crostinis, scallops served in bacon, etc.). Plus, the second my husband and I arrived, Dawn had drinks waiting for us and snacks (yes!!!! She even had special snacks for me because I'm allergic to all dairy). I should also mention that Dawn went out of her way to find me a dairy free cake so that I could have some cake during our cake cutting. Above and beyond... that is the Nonantum's way. I HIGHLY recommend the Nonatum for any future wedding for function (I'm already thinking about my 10 year anniversary at the Nonantum!!). You will be getting so much more than a beautiful location and as you will realize on your wedding day, it will be the best decision you made!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

The Nonantum was the perfect venue for our wedding! Not only is the location picturesque, but the staff was so friendly and welcoming to us and our guests! Tim Ames made our long distance wedding planning easy! He made fabulous vendor recommendations! He helped us... Read More incorporate details and touches that were unique and important to us into our wedding day. Tim and his staff made the day flow so smoothly. I got to enjoy the planning and the wedding day without the stress that a lot of brides have. People still talk about the food and how amazing it was!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

If I could give more stars I would. My wife and I were married at the Nonantum this past July. After visiting other reception sites we were struck not only by the picturesque coastal setting and beautiful function rooms, but also the helpfulness of the facility staff. Our... Read More goal was to plan a memorable event for us, our family, and friends while avoiding the stresses we had been told that come with wedding planning. Tim and the rest of the Nonantum team totally made this happen! The calming nature and can-do attitude of everyone here is contagious. Job well done. All of our special requests were handled perfectly and we couldn't have been happier. The Nonantum has given us memories that will last a lifetime and we still have friends and family that wont stop talking about how great the food was.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kayla M

If I could give The Nonantum 10 stars, I would. I knew immediately after walking in over a year ago, that my wedding would be there. Tim was so warm and welcoming. I felt like I had known him for years. He made planning my wedding easy. The staff was amazing! So kind,... Read More hardworking and helpful! I can't say enough good things about the food. We were told by several guests that it was the best wedding food they've ever had! It was definitely the best night of our lives and we have The Nonantum to thank for that!! I can't wait to go back for a glass of champagne on our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

My husband and I had our reception at the Nonantum and it was truly the most wonderful event! It is such a beautiful place on the coast of Maine with just the right combination of rustic charm and modern amenities. The setting was just perfect and every detail was tended to.... Read More We had a magical day there with all of our friends and family and we could not have asked for a better experience from all of the wonderful staff at the Nonantum!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We could not have chosen a better location for our Maine wedding. The food was fantastic (we sent the chef some traditional New Mexican foods and they did a great job) the evening of the tasting went so well, we had no changes to make. The staff is so professional, organized,... Read More and CALM that I never worried about how things were going or if my guests were being treated well. They were beyond accommodating to all my requests and wishes. They recommended other vendors for me since I was planning the wedding from California; I appreciated having their resources to look into. The Nonantum is simply top notch. My husband and I go back every summer to visit. What's wonderful is that 6 years later, our guests still bring up our wedding and how perfect it was. The scenery is breathtaking but the way you are treated while at the resort is first class. If I could my day over again, I would have it at no other location. I'd choose Nonantum in a heartbeat! I love them and am grateful for my perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Our son and his beautiful bride were married at the Nonantum on September 20th and we are still raving about their absolutely perfect day. This was due in large part to Dawn, their exceptional wedding coordinator! She was always two steps ahead of us and anticipated our every... Read More need. We feel fortunate to have had such a caring professional guiding us on our son's special day! In addition, the entire staff at the Nonantum was friendly and helpful, the food was excellent, the setting was exquisite, and it was a perfect day! Thank you to everyone at the Nonantum for exceeding our expectations...we cannot praise you enough!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Kathryn A

Our daughter's wedding was held at the Nonantum this past June (2015). It is unquestionably the best place for a wedding, having a spectacular location on the water, a gorgeous facility, and a team of workers that made carrying out the whole event appear to be effortless. Tim... Read More Ames, the wedding coordinator, treated us like family, ensuring that everything went smoothly and working behind the scenes every minute. The staff were professional at all times but always had smiles on their faces. Our guests raved about the venue. Thank you, Tim and your wonderful team.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Suzi S

My husband and I had our dream wedding a few weeks ago at the Nonantum. We fell in love with the Nonantum right away and we could not have asked for a better venue, location, or staff. Our event contact, Tim Ames, could not have been nicer or easier to work with. We were... Read More planning our wedding from a distance and Tim provided comfort and was very responsive during the whole planning process. Every single detail was taken care of the day of the wedding by the Nonantum staff, I didn't have anything to worry about - I was actually able to relax and enjoy my wedding. Every detail had a special touch - their extremely kind staff went above and beyond for us by having drinks and appetizers waiting for the bridal party upon arrival and by treating our guests with the utmost respect. I cannot say enough good things about the Nonantum. It is a beautiful venue with great views of the Kennebunk River and a lovely ballroom for a large reception... but ultimately, Tim and his staff were what made our dream wedding come true!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Corrine

Our son was married on the property on October 17th. It was the most beautiful setting. Everything went perfectly and the staff was very accommodating to every detail. The reception ballroom was very elegant and the food was delicious. Everyone had a wonderful time and can't... Read More wait to come back for a visit!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Daniele C

I highly recommend The Nonantum Resort! From my first visit to the resort for a tour to the day after my wedding, I experienced nothing but the best and friendliest service from every one at the Nonantum. My wedding coordinator, Ariel, was an instant friend. She went above and... Read More beyond to make my dream wedding come true and was always available to meet or talk on the phone to go over details with me. The entire day was perfect, with no hiccups thanks to her and the rest of her staff! The setting is just beautiful and all of my guests had a wonderful time, they are still talking about it months later! My husband and I can't wait to return to the Nonantum every year to celebrate our anniversary.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015

Tim and the rest of the Nonantum staff were absolutely wonderful to work with on our wedding day this September. The wedding was so amazingly joyful and happy, in large part because the Nonantum team made everything happen smoothly behind the scenes. Couldn't have found a more... Read More perfect venue.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Ariel P

We got married on Sunday, September 20 and we could not have had a more perfect day. The Nonantum Resort played a huge part in making that happen. The staff at the Nonantum is hands down amazing. They will go above and beyond to make everyone at the event feel special. Dawn, our... Read More wedding coordinator, is a huge asset to the Nonantum. She made sure that everything was exactly as we had envisioned and we could not have asked for a more experienced coordinator. The food at the Nonantum was beyond our expectation. Everyone has been raving about it since! The Nonantum knows how to put on one amazing event!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015

We were married at the Nonantum on July 18th and cannot say enough wonderful things about this amazing venue. The location is absolutely stunning with the Maine coast in the background. The food and service are top notch. It is also walkable to to the beach and to the quaint... Read More downtown filled with adorable shops and restaurants. We loved that our guests could come for the weekend and enjoy the adorable town of Kennebunkport. The staff at the Nonantum are hands down AMAZING. We had a welcome party on the lawn Friday evening, our ceremony and reception Saturday and then a brunch on Sunday. A lot of the same staff worked all three of these events and everyday they would go above and beyond to make the event perfect and make us feel like royalty. I know they worked very long hours each day to make this happen but they never made it seem like they did. Our wedding planner Tim is by far the best thing about the Nonantum. They are very lucky to have him. I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He made my life so much easier throughout the wedding planning process and made our wedding beautiful and stress free. He genuinely cared about us and our guests and it showed. We were able to enjoy the best day of our lives and take everything in because he took care of everything else. From coordinating with vendors, checking the weather every 10 minutes so I didn't have to worry, decorating our ceremony and reception exactly how I described, he did it all with a friendly smile. We have received many compliments about how our wedding was one of the most beautiful and seamless weddings they’ve ever attended and we owe a lot of this to Tim!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Nikola B

My 9/13 wedding at the Nonantum was everything I imagined it would be. Dawn was so amazing at answering every single question and handling every situation that may have arisen prior to and during the wedding weekend. Everyone who came has said it was the most fun wedding they... Read More have been to (and they claim they do not say that to every bride:)) If you are looking for New England Charm of a B&B with a classy resort feel, than this is the place for you. The coordinators make you feel like your wedding is the only one happening that season and that is something special. Every single staff member there is what makes the experience so amazing. Even with my wild 180 person wedding party, who caused some trouble I am sure, everyone walked away happy and with the best memories. There really are not enough words to express how much I would recommend Nonantum to any prospective Brides. Thanks again Nonantum! Nikola Bureau (the "Sunday" bride)

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Emily S

We had our wedding at the Nonantum at the end of June. Our wedding day and planning experience truly exceeded our expectations. We were so sad when it was over because it was truly our favorite day ever. Dawn was our coordinator and was wonderful. She responded to all... Read More emails quickly and was willing to make time to meet with us when we were in town to meet with other vendors. She was incredibly flexible when we had to cancel a few people last minute due to medical emergencies. She made sure things went off seamlessly. Aside from the insanely gorgeous lawn making it a heart choice, the Nonantum also has amazing food. Our guests kept raving about the food and I can honestly say it is some of the best "wedding food". I have had. We are so excited to come back in the future!

A Perfect Coastal Wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Dolly H

If you are looking for the perfect spot for a coastal wedding, look no further. My husband and I were married back in July and people are still talking about how wonderful our wedding was! Tim did an amazing job helping us plan out every little detail. Chef Jeff also helped... Read More us create a custom made menu that our guests thoroughly enjoyed. Everyone at the Nonantum was friendly and accommodating. It truly was the perfect place for our wedding reception.

Amazing venue!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Chelsea E

We had a perfect wedding! It was everything we could have asked for.

Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

The Nonantum Resort was the perfect choice for my daughter's wedding. Our coordinator Dawn Blystone, could not have been more helpful. Dawn went above and beyond to make this day all my daughter hoped it would be and more. The location itself is absolutely beautiful, the food... Read More was wonderful and the staff were amazing!!! I would recommend the Nonantum Resort to anyone looking to book their wedding or special event, be sure to ask for Dawn as your coordinator she is one in a million!!!

More than just a great wedding venue...

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Kristin S

Take it from a local - as soon as I got engaged, my fiance and I called The Nonantum Resort. Tim was our wedding coordinator, and from the start, he was extremely attentive and always available by email for our endless questions during planning. All of the staff have been doing... Read More this for years, so they have incredible knowledge and experience. They know exactly how to run all types of weddings, and ours was no different. The reason I say The Nonantum Resort is "more than just a great wedding venue" is that booking a reception with the Nonantum is more than just a beautiful location. Tim was with us from day one, and he was there for the entire day to make sure every detail went perfectly. They offer incredible service, amazing meals, beautiful views, and they have a list of trusted vendors to help your decision process run smoothly for other areas of planning such as florists, photographers, bakers, etc. They also offer unique features unlike most other venues we had looked into - for instance, we arrived at our reception from our ceremony by sailboat! While the Nonantum offers ceremony services onsite, we had ours at St. Ann's Church down the road, so Tim had arranged for all of our guests to gather on the lawn to watch us arrive! Our guests still talk about how incredible that entrance was! The Nonantum also offered a service for our guests directly following the ceremony (while the bridal party was taking pictures but before the reception started) which included a table of cookies and lemonade outside the church for people to mingle and enjoy the views. I could go on and on, but I encourage anyone thinking about this venue to seriously consider having your wedding here. The entire staff made us feel as if this wedding was the most important they've ever hosted. You're already floating on a cloud during your engagement, and our experience with the Nonantum kept that magical feeling alive from start to finish...we felt like royalty! We never could have imagined a better wedding day and we have the Nonantum staff to thank for making it the best day of our lives!

Perfect Venue and great service

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 RENEE S

Our daughter and son in law were married in Oct 2014 at the Nonantum. The venue was originally chosen because of the beautiful location: seaside and coastal Maine. However, the weather was terrible but the wedding reception was amazing and totally stress free. The Nonantum... Read More staff: Dawn Blystone (event planner), Mark (head of beverages), the chef, the service staff and everyone involved were beyond helpful and fully engaged in our event, making it a fantastic evening despite the weather! The food was spectacular and their help in setting up the event was immeasurable. We hosted a brunch the next morning which was just as wonderful as the rest of what the Nonantum Resort had to offer. The service staff was extremely friendly and very gracious! Beautiful venue, lovely and friendly staff and amazing food!