The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The North Captiva Island Club in Captiva, Florida, can provide you with a destination beach wedding like no other. The club's motto is that you bring the dress and they will do the rest. One of the biggest issues most people face when trying to have a destination beach wedding is the traffic they encounter during peak season. The North Captiva Island Club has a private beach that is accessible only by boat.

This means you will not have to worry about fighting for space on a crowded beach. The team at North Captiva Island Club will provide a variety of in-house services to make your wedding day easy. For the services they do not provide, they will be able to recommend reputable vendors to meet your needs. When it comes to the reception portion of your wedding, you will be able to use their beautiful clubhouse, complete with a shimmering pool. The clubhouse can accommodate up to 125 of your closest friends and family.

For some couples, the biggest draw of using the North Captiva Island Club for their destination wedding is the secluded feel it offers. The island can be navigated only by golf cart, bike or on foot, which helps to cut down on the amount of traffic you encounter on your wedding day. The transportation center used by North Captiva Island Club is located only 45 minutes away from Interstate 75 and 50 minutes away from the Southwest Florida International Airport. This means that you will have no problem getting your guests to your beach-destination wedding.

Regardless of if you are looking for a small, intimate ceremony or something much bigger, the team at North Captiva Island Club will be able to accommodate you. The venue also offers a variety of reception options that range from simple tent, table and chair set-ups to more lavish accommodations. If you are looking for luxury, then the fabric-draped tents and elegant chandeliers offered by North Captiva Island Club for receptions will be a great fit.

When choosing North Captiva Island Club for your beach-destination wedding, you will be able to take advantage of such amenities as:

• High-quality catering provided by the Boathouse Restaurant
  • For smaller parties of less than 25, dinner at the Boathouse Restaurant is offered in lieu of a clubhouse reception
  • A full-service bar
  • An in-house DJ service to keep your guests dancing
  • Wedding photographer on site
  • Overnight accommodations available for you and your guests
  • Exchange your vows under one of the many decorative arbor options offered

Dream Destination Beach Weddings

Just bring the dress, we’ll do the rest. Ceremony setup on a beautiful white sand beach and reception poolside at our club. We also offer in-house catering, photography, music, event coordinator, accommodations and transportation to and from the island. Please click on our Website link for pricing right away.

• Outdoor - Covered

Waterfront, Beach, Country Club, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Transportation

4421 Bartlett, Captiva, FL (239) 283-3630

Amazing private Island Wedding

Reviewed on 7/06/2015

We searched for the perfect place to get married and we finally found it by a google search -North Captiva Island Club Resort. We had a budget and thought we would never be able to afford this. It is totally worth getting a quote- luckily it was in our budget. There is a lot of... Read More planning to consider. We traveled 3 hours to get there. It was the most magical, beautiful wedding ever. I, being the bride, couldnt have asked for anything more. Jeff who organizes everything was so patient with ALL of my questions and is very knowledgeable and accommodating! This is truly a unique and memorable experience and a great wedding venue. I had about 40 guests and not one complaint or disappointment. I would recommend that all your guests rent a house on the island and stay rather than off the island. They wont regret it. North Captiva Island Club Resort is the best affordable beach destination wedding venue ever ... i will continue to refer this Island to everyone! If is now our future vacation spot!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Alisiya K

We picked North Captiva Island as our destination wedding location and it was absolutely gorgeous. We had a relatively big wedding (63 people) for a destination wedding, but Jeff and his team were very helpful and accommodating. We like to be very organized, so we had a LOT of... Read More questions, but Jeff was always patient with ALL of my questions and he was very knowledgeable. The island itself is stunning, you can see dolphins, manatees, turtles, not to mention birds and butterflies everywhere. We recommend telling your friends and family to stay at least a couple of days before or after the wedding because it is so worth it. It is not the easiest place to get to, because it is an off bridged island and you have to take a ferry, but once you are there you don't want to leave. None of our guests had ever been to the island before and could not believe we found such an awesome place for a wedding. The ceremony location is right on the beach, it is very private and we had no random people around, it truly felt like we were the only ones there. The reception was held by the main poolside and it was just enough room for all of us (I don't recommend having more than 65 people there). We had a lot of additional decorations that had to be transported by ferry, however, the staff at the ferry office were helpful when loading our things and transporting them. Do plan on paying extra for all the shipping. The food was delicious, however, there were some small issues with the service itself. Guests were running out of water quick and servers were not refilling the glasses unless guests would ask. They forgot to serve cheese and crackers for during the cocktail hour, so a couple of our vegetarian friends were not able to eat anything, our vegetarian friend got chicken instead of the choice she asked for ( I must say that she did end up with a correct meal but she had to wait for a long time and everyone at her table has finished eating already), and finally they left all of our delicious cakes outside after the reception and they all went bad. I wish they would have saved it and gave it to us in the morning. But all of those small things didn't matter, because all and all, we enjoyed our experience so much, and it was the perfect location for a destination wedding.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Lauren D

We chose this location just for that...THE location. Wanting something tropical, but still in the states this was our 1st choice. Our experience was amazing on the island as well as the helpful staff! Planning from our hometown St. Louis, MO I was a little worried, but Jeff... Read More Pence was always available & answered every email & in a timely manor. Our perfect day was absolutely amazing & we will definitely be returning! Thank you all again !

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Amy B

North Captiva Island is beautiful and it was by far the best decision we made to have our Dream Wedding and Honeymoon there. We traveled all the way from Kentucky. We had about 36 guests come with us, most of them stayed on the island and rented a house there. I definitely would... Read More recommend that, as it made things so easy. All of the staff on the island and resort were incredible. They were so friendly and they made you feel right at home. Even the owners of the house we stayed in sent us over a bottle of champagne to celebrate once they heard the bride and groom was staying in their house! Jeff, who coordinated our wedding was so helpful and eager to answer all of my questions. It's difficult and nerve wracking trying to plan your wedding so far away but Jeff made it so easy for us. I can honestly say there is nothing I would have changed about our entire Wedding. None of our guests had ever been to the island before and could not believe I found such an awesome place for a wedding. North Captiva Island truly is paradise! We are already planning our next vacation trip to the island!

Reviewed on 5/07/2016 Alycen K

We truly enjoyed every minute of our wedding on North Captiva Island. Our friends and family were blown away by the unique beauty of the island, and we could not have asked for a better venue that fit our needs so perfectly - low key and casual. Not to mention, incredibly... Read More affordable! The process of planning was made effortless by Jeff and his attentive and accomodating staff. I would recommend encouraging your guests to stay at least 5 nights to take advantage of everything the Island has to offer. We added additional decorations that had to be transported by ferry, however, the staff at the ferry office were extremely helpful when loading our things and transporting them. We had approximately 55 guests, which was perfect for the reception area size. The ceremony location was picturesque and beautiful, and the lovely staff worked extremely hard to set up everything to our specifications. The music and video setup was perfect for the dance portion, which turned into a great party! If you're not interested in doing a cake, which we weren't, I would recommend Lady Cakes Bakery in Cape Coral for the most delectable cupcakes ever! All and all, we enjoyed our experience immensely, and it was the perfect location for a low-key relaxing wedding!

2016-05-09T08:49:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for choosing the North Captiva Island Club for your beach wedding. I speak for our entire staff when I say what a pleasure it was meeting you, your family and friends. You were all so enthusiastic which makes our job much... Read Less Read More

Meet The Director of Marketing

Jeff Pence

Weddings bring a group of friends and family together to celebrate two lives becoming one. As a songwriter and touring musician I would photograph and DJ weddings when I had time off from the road. Being hired as the marketing director for the North Captiva Island Club in 2009, that gave me the opportunity to take over the weddings in 2010 and since then I have done over 100 weddings on this island alone. No cars or paved roads make this venue unique. Guests leave their fast paced lifestyles behind and adapt to island time right away. No passport needed.