North Point Plantation

King William, VA

North Point Plantation

North Point Plantation is Central Virginia's NEWEST destination for weddings & private events! North Point Plantation's illustrious history goes back to the 1740s, but it will be making new history with the 2017 wedding season. Once a 3,000 acre tobacco plantation on the Mattaponi River in King William County, North Point remains one of Virginia's most romantic, natural, intimate venues for your special day.  North Point's sweeping water views make a perfect backdrop for wedding ceremonies and receptions, though many other locations on the former tobacco plantation's now 15 acres offer beautiful spots for your ceremony. The original Georgian home towers over the gently sloping landscape on the river side. Guests meandering the serene property are surrounded by 200 acres of farmland.

Backyard, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Emma M

My husband and I recently tied the knot in July at North Point Plantation. We couldn't have asked for a better venue! We were looking for a waterfront setting in King William and this place was perfect! Rhonda and Bill were incredibly welcoming from the beginning. We met several... Read More times before the wedding and chatted over some wine. They made certain that every detail was addressed from the start.   On the morning of our ceremony, the weather changed course and it started to rain. Thankfully, we were able to have the most beautiful, intimate ceremony on the covered back porch. Rhonda and Bill helped make the process seamless. We would recommend North Point to anyone looking for a gorgeous wedding venue or a cozy getaway by the Mattaponi!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Molly Z

We got married at North Point Plantation on May 20, 2017. We could not have picked a more perfect venue for our big day! When my fiancé and I drove down the long, winding driveway lined with vast green fields I started to get the feeling, but when the view opened to the... Read More beautiful, historical home right on the river I knew that this was going to be our venue. North Point Plantation was the perfect venue for our outdoor, “woodland” wedding, but it could easily be transformed into a more elegant, formal affair. The grounds have southern charm, the rooms are stunning, and it is just so beautiful that we didn't feel that we would have to spend a ton of money on decor. The Mattaponi river provides a perfect backdrop and sets the tone for the type of wedding you want to have and remember forever. I wanted to give my wedding guests an "Awe factor" and North Point certainly did that for me. The owners of the property are phenomenal. Rhonda graciously gave a tour telling us about the history of the property and making us feel more like friends or family than potential clients. She was extremely organized, responsive and accommodating, and her passion for what she does and this property is contagious. There was no question after our first visit that we would book it, and there is no doubt you will feel the same way when you visit! Our wedding day was truly the best day of our lives. All of our guests were gushing over the beauty of this venue, and I had several to-be brides ask me for the owner’s information afterwards. I would recommend North Point Plantation to anyone and everyone who is looking for that perfect place to say, “I Do!”.