Where Luxury Photography Meets Up North Elegance

Northern Art Photography combines elegant photography, outstanding professionalism, and technical excellence with exquisite story-telling and masterpiece quality wedding albums. We have been capturing weddings and events throughout Northern Michigan for over a decade!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

818 Red Drive, Traverse City, MI All of Michigan (231) 943-1616

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jacie L

There are very few words that you can use to describe Andrea and Northern Art. We gave her some huge obstacles to handle starting with our winter engagement pictures that HAD to include snowmobiles. We had the coldest day of the winter but she took that day and the pictures... Read More turned out warm and romantic. I didn't know that snowmobiles could look so good in an engagement picture. She has a way of taking pictures that capture everything about your relationship without it looking forced. Her personality makes you want to take her home and have dinner to talk about life in general. Our wedding pictures also turned out amazing. Once again we were dealt cold temperatures and strong winds but you would NEVER know. She was able to handle my large obnoxious family in large family photos and they turned out so fabulous. We had our wedding at Boyne Mountain and there's an area behind the resort that has old fashioned edison bulb string lights and let me just say.....OUT OF THIS WORLD SPEECHLESS. If I could say one thing about Andrea and Northern Art it would be that from start to finish she is wonderful to work with and that rain or shine you WILL NOT be dissapointed!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lauren H

There are not enough characters allowed in this review box to say how truly thankful we are for the outstanding job Andrea and her team did. Like many people, photography is one of those things that you stress about when selecting a vendor. This was true for us. That was... Read More until we found Andrea. She listened to us and really wanted to know what our style was and what was important. She provided tools to really make sure everything was communicated. And she delivered!! The hardest thing about choosing Northern Art Photography is selecting how many pictures you are going to hang in your home! Honestly, we are so thankful that these pictures are ours, and we get to enjoy them for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Chelsea K

So I did A LOT of research on wedding photographers. Finding the right mix of natural plus artistic styles was really important to me and after speaking with Andrea of Northern Art Photography, I knew I'd found my match. That feeling was solidified after we did our engagement... Read More shoot. Everyone told us, "your engagement shoot will be extremely uncomfortable and awkward" so we were amazed when the afternoon actually felt FUN! Andrea made us feel at ease, made us laugh, was honest about things we should and shouldn't do (poses, locations, etc.), all in positive and professional way. Her style and attitude continued on our big day and I was extremely thankful I'd chosen a Photographer I LIKED (personality & photos) versus one who I only like their work. Spending the day with Andrea felt natural, and I almost forgot we had a photographer with us many time. She was fun and of course took some AWESOME photos! :) Andrea and Northern Art were also great between our engagement session and wedding, helping to recommend vendors any time I asked and helping me plan timelines and even decor purchases! She always went above and beyond being a photographer and I am truly thankful to have chosen her! (Wedding planning is hard enough as it is, so any extra help is extremely appreciated). If you've been to Andrea's website you'll see that she knows what she's doing when it comes to taking pictures and if you tell her what you want (i.e. please don't make my arms look fat, haha), she'll work to make sure you get what you'll like/ want! :) Lastly, and I realize this isn't "important", however all of our photos were delivered quickly and in the CUTEST box sets. In a nut shell northern art was classy from start to finish! Overall we are extremely glad we chose Northern Art Photography. We love our pictures and the overall experience and would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Angie C

Andrea and her assistant were Awesome!! They were very professional and were creative on the poses. The finished photos were gorgeous!! They did a great job capturing our wedding reception and guest! Hands down they are the best!! I would definitely book them for other life... Read More events!

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Jennifer F

Andrea did a great job as our wedding photographer! The day of she was there before we even arrived, she was very organized, handled getting all the family members and bridal party together...no easy task with this group. She was extremely personable, made sure we were getting... Read More everything we wanted. Even went above and beyond what I would ask of a photographer and was making sure everyone had their flowers and boutonnière, helped bussel my wedding dress after the ceremony...wanted to help make sure everything went perfect. Pictures turned out great, would definitely recommend using her!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Justin T

Andrea is a real trooper and a great photographer. She put up with a crew of rowdy groomsmen, kept things moving and made sure everyone looked great. We hope to use her for family photos in the future.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017

Andrea was great. the quality of the pictures was outstanding. They were absolutedly beautiful. She exceeded our expectation, going out of her way to handle little details to make sure everything was a success.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 ROBERT T

Andrea and her assistant Corrie are outstanding professional who WERE beautifully captured the wedding while being both discreet and unobtrusive. As a man of the cloth ,I truly appreciated the fact that they did not interfere or get in the way of the profound message I that... Read More try to spread.I highly recommend Andrea ,feel free to contact me.They are great !!!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Ashton F

Simply amazing! From start to finish Andrea was professional, thoughtful, and fun to work with. She really cares about her clients and is engaged in the whole process. On our wedding day Andrea was more than just a photographer and completely exceeded my expectations. We had... Read More unexpected thunderstorms in the morning that lasted until just about an hour before our ceremony and threw us off our planned schedule for the day. I was completely flustered, running late, and worried that we weren't going to get photos that I had hoped for. Andrea was the calming voice that guided us through those stressful hours, constantly reminding me that everything was going to turn out beautiful. I felt like Andrea was by my side all day and willing to help with anything - she's actually the one that put in my veil before the ceremony and bustled my dress before dancing. She was so attentive throughout the day - I couldn't imagine having any other photographer that day! Andrea and Corrie made my husband, bridal party & I all feel comfortable and the process fun. Our photographs are everything I could hope for and more. Andrea is a great choice and I would recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful images of their wedding that capture the feelings and excitement of the day. Thanks Andrea and team for everything you did to make our day wonderful & flawless - and for the pictures that tell the story so we can cherish those moments forever!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Erin R

Amazing job. Had a great time just being at ease during pictures and loving every minute of it at the same time. Thanks to a great photographer who absolutely knows just the right shot!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Colleen B

We had the best experience with Andrea! She was so positive and helpful with our family. The pictures of the bride and groom are stunning! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 PATRICIA F

Beautiful photos and wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Anna F

Andrea is by far the best photographer we have ever worked with. She handled all of requests timely and effectively and even helped to coordinate family and guests. Our wedding photos are more beautiful than either of us could have ever dreamed of. Andrea is conscientious,... Read More creative, and so much fun!! Her attention to detail is amazing and made sure we did everything right on our BIG DAY. Would recommend her to any bride. Thank you Andrea!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Krystina M

Northern Art Photography did a fantastic job! Beautiful pictures and a fun crew to work with.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Drew K

We were married on May 6, 2017, and WOW, did we get the most amazing photos from Andrea. She did our engagement photos as well as our pictures for our wedding. Her attention to detail is spectacular. Andrea is a wonderful person, and is an absolute pleasure to work with. She... Read More listens to you, and will go above and beyond to make sure she gets those special shots! I can't thank Northern Art Photography enough for everything, also, the little box and zip drive you get after is super cute too! Thank you, Andrea, we LOVE YOU!

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Rachel C

Andrea was a joy to work with from the beginning. She took the time to get to know our style and asked for our input whenever possible. The day of our wedding, she offered very helpful advice and captured our moments perfectly. We had a very small wedding; eight guests plus... Read More ourselves made a total of ten people in attendance. Just like the reviews that helped me choose Northern Art, Andrea fit in naturally with our group and was able to capture a lot of candid shots of our families. We received a link to our proofs shortly after the event and then a very sweetly presented thumb drive with all of our files a week or so later. Andrea's attention to detail is evident in her photos, but you should know it extends into every interaction you will have with her. An absolute pleasure from start to finish!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Elizabeth S

When I left my first initial meeting with Andrea, I was confident that I had booked a photographer who was going to do a great job. I didn't realize just how amazing the experience with Northern Art was going to be! Andrea was beyond words; she managed to be everywhere taking... Read More photos without ever being obtrusive or bossy. Husband and I both felt like we were listened to and she never tried to force us to take pictures we didn't want. If I could give more stars I would, I would recommend Northern Art Photography to anyone! Elizabeth Kester

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Andrea P

I HIGHLY recommend choosing Northern Art Photography for your wedding (or any other occasion)! I grew up in Michigan and moved to the East Coast for work, so planning my Petoskey wedding from afar proved to be quite a challenge; however, Andrea at Northern Art made the process... Read More as easy as possible. She always replied to my emails promptly, which made communication seamless. Andrea even worked with us to do our engagement session a few days before the wedding because we couldn't get back to Michigan any earlier (which required her to rearrange child care, etc. just to make it work). As for the day of--she was AMAZING. Not only did she literally help me into my dress, she gave helpful hints about last minute things I had completely forgotten about without stressing me out. I had warned her about one, new family member that was trying to micromanage the day, and when that individual tried to take over telling Andrea who to take pictures of and who not to (which, obviously, Andrea and I already had coordinated well in advance), Andrea handled the situation for me so that I didn't have to have an uncomfortable confrontation with that individual. Finally, when I asked her for a digital image from the day prior to receiving same from our package so that I could get a jump start on our photo thank you notes, Andrea kindly emailed me the image so that I didn't have to wait another week to obtain the image and order my thank you notes. All in all, I cannot recommend her more highly!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Anne C

Andrea was great to work with! We used their open air photo booth and our weddding guests had a blast!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Natalie L

Andrea and her team did an amazing job with our wedding photos. She had fantastic ideas for photo locations, and did a great job keeping everyone organized. The lighting and colors turned out absolutely beautiful. We received digital copies of the photos very promptly. I... Read More would highly recommend Northern Art Photography.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Lauren W

Andrea and her team did a wonderful job photographing our wedding! They produced hundreds of gorgeous photos and were easy and fun to work with. It has been tough to narrow down the choices for our photo album because there are that many great ones to choose from. Even my... Read More hubby, who is not the biggest fan of getting his picture taken, thought they were great :)

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Sara J

My husband and I got married Sept 3, 2016 . We live in Canada and decided to plan our wedding in Traverse City. Being out of town and planning a wedding definitly has it's difficulties. A friend of ours also got married in Traverse City and gave us the name of their photography,... Read More so I called Andrea from Northern Art Photography. From our first conversation I knew that I was comfortable and now excited to have my big day. Andrea was great to work with, emailed me all the papers to fill out got back to me quickly and stayed on top of me to make sure I got everything done! On the day of she was on time and professional. She was easy to work with and patient with us, our family and our long list of requested pictures. Our Pictures are absolutely beautiful! Thank you so so much to Northern Art Photography for providing us with lasting memories!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Rachael H

Andrea did a wonderful job! Pictures turned out far beyond my expectation, and look like they are from a bridal magazine!! I'm going to have a hard time deciding which pictures to print out!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Erin

The photographer that shot our wedding was personable, professional, and open to a variety of photo ideas that we had in mind. She made us feel at ease during our photo shoot. We received a link to our proofs as early as 10 days after our wedding. The photos are absolutely... Read More beautiful! We thoroughly enjoyed our entire experience with Northern Art, from sitting down with the personable owner to plan our photo shoot, to viewing the gorgeous proofs! We highly recommend Northern Art and are pleased that they were able to capture such beautiful memories of our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sierra H

Andrea was a blast to work with for our engagement shoot in Traverse City. She is great at making couples feel comfortable and casual. The engagement pictures came out beautifully and we were very pleased. For our wedding day, her associates Corey and Casey handled... Read More photography. They were both great as well. We haven't seen the photos yet, but they were willing to listen to our requests for specific shots we wanted. They made sure to get all of the family shots we needed, as well as some they brought to the table. They were quick and helpful, making everyone involved feel comfortable! Can't wait to see pictures!

Andrea Bogard

Hello and Welcome! My name is Andrea Bogard, owner of Northern Art Photography, Life Outside the Booth photo booth (also a Best of Weddings company!) and Life Afield. I have been photographing weddings and events professionally for over 15 years and get more excited about wedding season each year! I am also a wife, a mom of 2 crazy boys and an 8 month old lab puppy. I balance it all with my passion for the outdoors, conservation, shooting, fishing, hunting, archery, wine tasting, dark microbrews, cooking and my love of high heels. I can't wait to meet you and hear your story!