Where Luxury Photography Meets Up North Elegance

Northern Art Photography combines elegant photography, outstanding professionalism, and technical excellence with exquisite story-telling and masterpiece quality wedding albums. We have been capturing weddings and events throughout Northern Michigan for over a decade!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

818 Red Drive, Traverse City, MI All of Michigan (231) 943-1616

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jacie L

There are very few words that you can use to describe Andrea and Northern Art. We gave her some huge obstacles to handle starting with our winter engagement pictures that HAD to include snowmobiles. We had the coldest day of the winter but she took that day and the pictures... Read More turned out warm and romantic. I didn't know that snowmobiles could look so good in an engagement picture. She has a way of taking pictures that capture everything about your relationship without it looking forced. Her personality makes you want to take her home and have dinner to talk about life in general. Our wedding pictures also turned out amazing. Once again we were dealt cold temperatures and strong winds but you would NEVER know. She was able to handle my large obnoxious family in large family photos and they turned out so fabulous. We had our wedding at Boyne Mountain and there's an area behind the resort that has old fashioned edison bulb string lights and let me just say.....OUT OF THIS WORLD SPEECHLESS. If I could say one thing about Andrea and Northern Art it would be that from start to finish she is wonderful to work with and that rain or shine you WILL NOT be dissapointed!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lauren H

There are not enough characters allowed in this review box to say how truly thankful we are for the outstanding job Andrea and her team did. Like many people, photography is one of those things that you stress about when selecting a vendor. This was true for us. That was... Read More until we found Andrea. She listened to us and really wanted to know what our style was and what was important. She provided tools to really make sure everything was communicated. And she delivered!! The hardest thing about choosing Northern Art Photography is selecting how many pictures you are going to hang in your home! Honestly, we are so thankful that these pictures are ours, and we get to enjoy them for the rest of our lives. Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Chelsea K

So I did A LOT of research on wedding photographers. Finding the right mix of natural plus artistic styles was really important to me and after speaking with Andrea of Northern Art Photography, I knew I'd found my match. That feeling was solidified after we did our engagement... Read More shoot. Everyone told us, "your engagement shoot will be extremely uncomfortable and awkward" so we were amazed when the afternoon actually felt FUN! Andrea made us feel at ease, made us laugh, was honest about things we should and shouldn't do (poses, locations, etc.), all in positive and professional way. Her style and attitude continued on our big day and I was extremely thankful I'd chosen a Photographer I LIKED (personality & photos) versus one who I only like their work. Spending the day with Andrea felt natural, and I almost forgot we had a photographer with us many time. She was fun and of course took some AWESOME photos! :) Andrea and Northern Art were also great between our engagement session and wedding, helping to recommend vendors any time I asked and helping me plan timelines and even decor purchases! She always went above and beyond being a photographer and I am truly thankful to have chosen her! (Wedding planning is hard enough as it is, so any extra help is extremely appreciated). If you've been to Andrea's website you'll see that she knows what she's doing when it comes to taking pictures and if you tell her what you want (i.e. please don't make my arms look fat, haha), she'll work to make sure you get what you'll like/ want! :) Lastly, and I realize this isn't "important", however all of our photos were delivered quickly and in the CUTEST box sets. In a nut shell northern art was classy from start to finish! Overall we are extremely glad we chose Northern Art Photography. We love our pictures and the overall experience and would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Pam A

I can't say enough good thing about Andrea! She did 2 engagement shoots for us, a boudoir shoot, our photo booth and wedding photos. I am so happy with our choice. She is so fun and professional! The photos are something I wanted to make sure were perfect. I am glad I have such... Read More amazing photos to look back on! I just got my back and they are absolutely stunning! They turned out better than I ever could have imagined! Do not hesitate to hire Andrea. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017

Andrew Bogard worked seamlessly with our bridal party during the wedding. Looking back on it, I can say that she was very professional and supportive of the bride, but at the time, I honestly hardly even noticed her, she was just that discreet. I've had a chance to get a sneak... Read More peak of the photos and they are incredible. Would recommend!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Samir M

Andrea did a fantastic job capturing our lovely day. She was super helpful throughout, ensuring my wife and I had a great time. The photos turned out amazing. We could not have asked for a better photographer.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Mitchell B

Other than the formal family photos I hardly noticed the photographer. They did a really good job capturing the event without being in the way. Thanks!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Elli P

Andrea Bogard was wonderful. As a bridesmaid who has been through the experience of her own wedding, I felt that Andrea was especially attentive to the needs and wishes of the bride, was creative in her approach, patient while working with a large bridal party and sub-optimal... Read More weather, and took the initiative of guiding the bridal party through the morning prior to the ceremony. Very professional, and based on the photos I have seen so far, highly skilled!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Betty T

The pictures are beautifully done! You captured an amazing day for our niece and her husband!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Marty B

Great people. Phenomenal photos. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 John K

Andrea did a fantastic job at my daughter's wedding. I wholeheartly recommend her for any special events.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Arthur L

Northern Art Photography did a great job at my nephew-in-law and neice's wedding! Andrea Bogard and team took some wonderful beach and dance shots. Loved the flash work on the dance floor and later at night with the couple.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 claire m

Andrea was a pleasure to have at the wedding of our son. She has a great personality and she always had an encouraging word to say. She made taking the photographs look so easy- and most of the time I didn't even know she was there. I highly recommend her for all occasions.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Katherine M

My husband and I used Northern Art Photography for both our engagement and wedding photography sessions and we could not have been happier. Andrea is so easy to work with, personable and listens to the style of photos and vision you may have. She knows northern Michigan so... Read More well and knows all the beautiful places for picture taking. On our wedding day, she took our bridal party to a truly breathtaking portion of Lake Michigan near the Castle Farms venue and captured amazing pictures of everyone. We could not have been happier. Not only that, but she was prompt in communication - returning emails and phone calls. And, she just really took care of us on our wedding day. She made sure we kept hydrated, fed, and just always checked in on us to see if we needed anything. I was really impressed by Andrea and her team. Our wedding photos are back and we are so thrilled by them. I am so excited to work with her to create our wedding album now. She is highly, highly recommended and we will use her if we need any additional photography, especially of our dogs, up north!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Viktor F

I attended the Dresser-Jauregui wedding this past July and were impressed about the professionalism and attention to detail of the photographers, Casey and Corrie. I just came around to viewing the pictures of Micheal and Kelly and they were astounding. Don't hesitate to select... Read More Norther Art Phtogoraphy.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017

Andrea was very professional and had great ideas about how to pose, and what scene would make a great photo.

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Charlotte C

Andrea and her second photographer (can't remember his name 😬) did an amazing job on our wedding day!! Andrea was so organized and kept our crazy family and bridal party on task all day long, while telling us exactly what to do so that we could get the best shots in a timely... Read More manner. They seriously were exactly what we needed to bring our whole day together and the pictures turned out AMAZING!! My husband and I highly highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Michael J

Used Northern Art for both our engagement photos as well as our wedding. Meeting Andrea for engagement photos was really fun and put us at ease when it came to "getting us." Andrea knew exactly what we were looking for and by pairing us up with Casey and Corrie for the big day,... Read More we got more than we even hoped for. They were both super laid back and fun to get to know and have around. Most importantly, the pics came out great!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Kelly D

Northern Art did an amazing job with our wedding! There were so many beautiful moments that were captured throughout the day. Corrie and Casey really understood what we were looking for and made sure to get the shots we requested. Every time I look through my photos, it takes... Read More me back to that day!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Patricia H

Very pleased with Northern Art Photography! Andrea and her partner were vey knowledgeable, professional and so easy to work with. My daughter's wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous! We highly recommend this photographer.

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Kristen H

We chose Northern Art Photography for our wedding and could not be happier! Andrea and her staff were fantastic! They were able to capture beautiful moments I didn't even realize were happening! Not to mention they captured all of the moments that were important to me.... Read More Northern Art was wonderful about checking in with me beforehand to see what specific staged photos I wanted, and took countless beautiful candid photos, as well as what they thought would look the best. I am so, so pleased with the service and quality from Northern Art Photography!

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Sam T

Had the opportunity to work alongside northern art photography for a wedding I was just a MOH in and I love them!! What else can I say but WOW! They were organized, sweet, efficient and talented. The day of the wedding they made sure to get all the photos the bride, Kathleen,... Read More wanted and never forced unwanted or overly posed photos (which I enjoyed). The best part was their prompt follow through with the edits- my friend received her photos less than a month after her wedding date and they were STUNNING! Looked like movie star photos! My favorite were the ones she took at sunset- highly recommend that photo to be taken! :) thank you for making the Schlafly wedding as perfect as the couple!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 jacquelyn G

Had the pleasure of working with Andrea during the Schlafly wedding! She was not only professional and creative, but extremely calming and down to earth. I would HIGHLY recommend Andrea!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Annie S

Having Andrea as the photographer for our son's wedding was fabulous. Our daughter-in-law had hired Andrea to photograph the wedding and I was thrilled to hire her for the rehearsal dinner. She was professional in every way and the beautiful photographs of Joe's and Kathleen's... Read More magical Michigan wedding went beyond our wildest dreams. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Julia L

Andrea did a phenomenal job capturing my brother Joey and sister-in-law Kathleen Schlafly's beautiful wedding weekend! Andrea seamless became part of the whole celebration and took photos that will be treasured by our family for years to come. She was extremely organized,... Read More relaxed and truly a joy to have as part of the awesome wedding festivities!

Andrea Bogard

Hello and Welcome! My name is Andrea Bogard, owner of Northern Art Photography, Life Outside the Booth photo booth (also a Best of Weddings company!) and Life Afield. I have been photographing weddings and events professionally for over 15 years and get more excited about wedding season each year! I am also a wife, a mom of 2 crazy boys and an 8 month old lab puppy. I balance it all with my passion for the outdoors, conservation, shooting, fishing, hunting, archery, wine tasting, dark microbrews, cooking and my love of high heels. I can't wait to meet you and hear your story!