Memorable Events Deserve a Memorable Setting!

Spectacular mountain and saltwater views. Outdoor space for waterfront ceremonies. Green-design buildings with high ceilings and wood floors. Doors that open to expansive decks. Conveniently located in the heart of Port Townsend near local hotels and B&B's.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Beach, Cruise, Museum, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment

431 Water St, Port Townsend, WA (360) 385-3628
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jessie K

This wedding location was everything I'd hoped it would be! The view was gorgeous, the venue itself was beautiful, and the staff was prompt and helpful. I loved that I was able to do the ceremony AND reception in one location.

2017-10-06T15:28:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to review our venue!

Beautiful Space

Reviewed on 10/08/2013 Tanya D

The view and beautiful room was perfect for my reception!

Beautiful Wedding Space

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

I found the people at the NWMC to be extremely helpful, easy going and professional. The space is beautiful, and has been built to accommodate anything you may need, i.e. electronic blinds for video, advanced sound etc... The view over the water, off the deck or just... Read More outside the venue is breath taking and really impressed our out of town guests.

Stunning venue, but does not cater well to weddings

Reviewed on 10/26/2013 Emily J

On the day of our wedding, the venue looked stunning and was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and reception. That being said, arranging for our wedding to be held there was very difficult and time consuming, as the venue is not set up well to host weddings. Pros: The... Read More building is BEAUTIFUL wood and we absolutely loved being able to use the decks and docks surrounding the room. Since we had both our ceremony and reception in the same room, our guests enjoyed spreading out in the outside space while we changed the room over. We also didn't have to put in a ton of effort to decorate, as the space is naturally beautiful. Location. There are plenty of hotels very close for our out of town guests. Cons: Administration and logistics for the venue. The venue rents out at an hourly rate. This rate changes for weekend, weekday, 9-5, after 5, etc. Because it was hourly, we had to decide how long we thought we would need to decorate, how long the party would last, and how long we would need to clean up. Talk about stressful. We paid for more than we thought we would need as we were concerned about what we would do if something went wrong. However, to keep it affordable, we had to choose not to be able to access the venue for decorating until late afternoon before the wedding. Second, they do not provide a time for a rehearsal. We would have had to rent it out for 3 hours (the minimum time) the night before to rehearse in the space. It wasn't worth it to us, so we nixed it, though not happily. Third, a $300 wedding surcharge that seems to get you nothing. I have no problem paying a fee if I know why I'm being charged and what I'm getting something to assist in wedding coordination in return, but this was not true of the Maritime Center's fee. When I asked what the fee was for or what we got for paying to specifically have a wedding at this venue, they didn't have an answer. To follow up on my thoughts about the rehearsal, I asked why the surcharge did not cover the costs of a half hour or hour rehearsal slot the day before, which in my opinion, it should. Fourth, parking. Their lot is about half a mile away from the venue and you have to pay to use it, for an attendant, and per car that comes to the venue. We sort of found a loophole around paying for parking and had a friend stand outside and direct people to park on the streets near the venue - not ideal. Fifth, communicating with the events manager was extremely difficult. I almost always had to email two or three times before I received a response to my email and answers to my questions. Then, the week of the wedding, I received an email asking several questions we had already discussed. Last, the chairs they have are large, (hard to fit everyone - we had 160) gray, and ugly. We ended up renting nicer, white, smaller chairs and it was worth it.

Meet The Manager

Catherine

I love sharing our incredible venue with potential clients! You can see them start to visual their celebration as soon as they walk through the doors and see the Maritime Meeting Room, with its incredible water & mountain views and wood floors. It's such an authentic venue, where real artisan work takes place. It definitely makes for a unique setting. I've been working with couples for six years to help them plan their event, advising them on the flow of the event and the potential spaces they could use. We can cater to traditional weddings, as well as clients who think outside the box.