Nottoway Plantation & Resort

(21)

White Castle, LA

Capacity: More than 400 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Romantic Weddings At Nottoway Plantation

Nottoway, the south's largest antebellum plantation, offers stunning ceremony settings, spectacular reception venues, deluxe accommodations with luxury amenities, sumptuous restaurant dining and an on-site beauty salon. Let our professional wedding staff make your special day extraordinary!

• Indoor Ceremony Area

• Valet Parking

• Wheelchair Accessible

$$

Style

Banquet/Reception Hall, Country Club, Hotel/Resort, Mansion/Historic Site, Museum/Gallery, Restaurant

31025 Louisiana Hwy 1, White Castle, LA

Nottoway wedding

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Haley D

I recently had my wedding at Nottoway Plantation and would recommend this venue to everyone! Meghan was outstanding as my wedding coordinator and made sure everything went as smoothly as possible. She also did an amazing job working with my budget to make sure I could have my wedding. She made sure everything was taken care of to make my day the best day I could have asked for. The food was excellent and I have received so many compliments on my wedding ceremony and reception. It was also nice to be able to have accommodations at Nottoway for all of our guest. The only let down was rooming because a tour group was there the same weekend as my wedding so we didn't have enough rooms for everyone who wanted one. Overall Nottoway was the best place I could have ever asked for and everyone who works there did everything they could to make my day special.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2012 Danielle W

My husband and I could not have been more thrilled with how our wedding turned out!! Nottoway is one of the most gorgeous plantations I have ever seen; I was breathless at the thought of having my wedding there. The day of was phenomenal! The wedding coordinator was there all day, I had two girls (bridal attendants) that were there for whatever I needed AND my girls and I had access to a huge, beautiful bridal dressing room, which took the stress off of getting ready in a small area. Our wedding was in the White Ballroom, which hardly needs decoration at all considering how magnificent it looks. Our reception was in the Cypress Ballroom, which was exquisite. The food is UNBEATABLE!!!!!! If you want delicious Cajun food paired with a southern castle, Nottoway is a perfect choice. Loved every second of planning with them, touring the plantation with my family and enjoying every single millisecond of my wedding day (and night in one of their adorable, modern cottages)!

Awestruck

Reviewed on 5/17/2012 Shawn G

As a venue we could not have asked for a more perfect location. The amenities for the wedding were perfect. Our coordinator saw to everything, the staff was great, the location absolutely picturesque with photo ops at every turn. I highly recommend Nottoway for a destination wedding. With 40 rooms they were able to accommodate nearly all our guests. The reception dinner was fantastic. We served beef tenderloin and the blackend redfish. My guests all said hands down it was the most amazing food they have ever had. Fantastic!

NOTTOWAY WEDDING 2014 - MY DREAM WEDDING!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Micah

Nottoway has been my dream for years - I highly recommend this venue and encourage brides to at least visit the property and meet with the wonderful wedding team (Meghan & Katilyn) if interested in a plantation wedding. With that being said, I am writing a practical review of my experience for other brides. FOOD: There is no outside catering, and the is not an issue as the Nottoway Food and Beverage team do an amazing job! I was naturally worried, as I had never been to a wedding Nottoway. After our wedding, we were welcomed by to go boxes in the honeymoon suite - so we could actually taste the food. It was great! Some of the best wedding food I have ever had. Our menu consisted of the Crab and Brie Bisque - it was amazing. A must. The chicken pasta with white sauce, red beans and rice, the salad was delish, meatballs (were ok, our least favorite), the filet minion bites (wonderful) and the mashed potatoes. Our drinks consisted of select cocktails, beer and wine. Guests raved about the cosmo and Pimm's Cup. VENUE: This place is breathtaking. If you want to your ceremony and reception in one location with RAIN backup options, Nottoway is perfect. Not to mention the White Ballroom for first looks if you are doing one. There is no real need to over decorate, because the venue itself will keep your guests in awe. Also, BLOCK ROOMS EARLY or else there will be none. The rooms are beautiful and the employee in charge of room blocks, Lauren, is out of this world amazing. She will go out of her way to assist brides. BUDGET: $$$$ Nottoway is worth every penny. Try getting married on a Friday or Sunday during off season if you have a modest budget. Also, be upfront with them about the budget - they will work with you as best they can. SERVICE: Up until the day of the wedding, the service was a 10 ++++++ I cannot begin to describe the level of kindness and professionalism displayed by the young woman who is the food and beverage coordinator and the other main wedding coordinator. The food and beverage coordination, Meghan is obviously very experienced and has a solid handle on the day. The day of my wedding I had a last minute issue with lighting and she immediately contacted the vendor and fixed the problem, one she nor Nottoway had created. Work with this fantastic planner if you can - I would highly recommend requesting her. Kaitlyn, who I conversed with during planning was equally fabulous. I cannot brag about them enough. Always classy and polished. They maid the planning experience pleasant. The only con: However, on the other hand, Nottoway offers a day of wedding coordinator and bridal assistant to help the bride with "her every need" - this was not the case for me. I would have hired someone had I known I would only see my bridal assistant twice that day. I had bridesmaids and my mother running back and forth doing odd jobs I had assumed we had paid the day of coordinator to do. I would hire my own bridal assistant - as the bridal attendant assigned to me stated she was also in charge of a rehearsal dinner that night as well as prepping for another event that next day. Overall, my experience with Nottoway was wonderful and I only can praise the overall experience. Best Day Of My Life.

We love working at Nottoway!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Geaux Live DJ G

We've worked many here and many more to come. We love working with Nottoway!

Nottoway

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Leticia P

Excellent! Would do it all over again!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Amanda H

Everything about our experience with Nottoway Plantation was positive- from the first phone contact with Kaitlyn to handling countless details over the whole planning process and the wedding day! All our guests were so impressed with the venue, the food, and the service. Thank you for a beautiful, personal and fun experience which helped our children to have their dream wedding.

My dream wedding!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Jessica K

Nottoway plantation was so perfect for what I wanted! I had a day wedding at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church and then we made our way to Nottoway so our guests could enjoy cocktail hour in the white room before we had our reception in the pavilion and ballroom. Nottoway made all my dreams come true. They were so attentive to details and truly truly cared that you had an amazing wedding. If a southern belle kinda wedding is what you are looking for, you can't get much better than Nottoway plantation!

AMAZING venue

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Julie W

I chose this venue b/c I'm from Louisiana, and wanted a southern wedding. Hands down Nottoway is the most beautiful plantation venue! My guests thought the same...I got so many compliments. The staff are amazing, and Meghan (one of the coordinators) was awesome!! A little pricey (hence the 4 stars) but if it fits your budget, it is worth every penny and you won't be disappointed. They have a plan B in case of rain, offer discounts for room blocks, and can put you in touch with a great florist, photographer, and hair/make-up. And the food was awesome! I could go on and on. This is one happy bride :)

A wonderful wedding

Reviewed on 5/31/2013 Kendra S

Nottoway was so wonderful. I kind of have some reservations but the actual ceremony because of the interactions with the wedding planner. The day of, I was late and rushing but Ashlyn (my wedding planner substitute) and the officiant were so helpful. They helped to decorate and organize the ceremony space and Ashlyn helped me get dressed. She was so sweet and willing to provide whatever service I needed. She was my stress reliever. I am so happy I had my intimate ceremony at Nottoway and would recommend them to anyone.

My Dream Come True

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Chelsea A

If you are dreaming of that fairy tale, southern wedding, Nottoway is the place for you. The grounds are just amazingly beautiful, well kept, and breathtaking. When I stumbled upon this beautiful plantation, I knew I would have my wedding here. The coordinators here Meghan Simms and Kaitlynn Stechman are just amazing to work and cater to your every need. Throughout my wedding I emailed them almost daily and there were quick to respond and helped me so much through the planning process. The day of my wedding was incredibly perfect, the setting, the workers, the coordinators, the food was TO DIE FOR, the service is like none other! Although, be prepared to shell out some money if you want the full experience. I have too many wonderful things to say about Nottoway. My wedding was everything I dreamed of and more. Thank you Nottoway!

Good food

Reviewed on 8/02/2012 Christina S

The food was great, but their were some things my mother in law requested that didn't happen. It's ridiculous the amount of money you spend, you should at least follow small thing that were requested. It was a great place for a rehearsal dinner.

A Bride's Fairytale!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Lindsey B

Absolutely beautiful venue! Service is stellar! Food delicious! My husband and I were treated like royalty. I couldn't be happier about my choice! You definitely get your money's worth!

Very Disappointing

Reviewed on 4/10/2012 Jamie M

My fiance and I drove 17 hours from Ohio in hopes of booking out wedding at Nottoway. When we arrived I was beyond disappointed in the whole resort (if that's even what you call it). Shutters were falling off the building, weeds were high, concrete was cracked and the rusted power plant in the back/side yard was the last straw. Photos on the website are a COMPLETE MISREPRESENTATION of what the facility really looks like. 2 days and $400 in gas later, I'm left back at square one. ZERO STARS!!

Bridal Protraits!

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Erin D

I took my bridal portraits at Nottoway and have to say it was the most amazing placde! The grouns are gorgeous and feature the enormous Southern plantation home! They allowed me and my photographers to shoot where we wanted. I had my own privete dressing area (the size of a one bedroom house!). They also have a salon for those who need it!

Couldn't have asked for better

Reviewed on 10/25/2011 Kierstyn H

The event staff were amazing! They took care of EVERYTHING for us. We just dropped off all of our ceremony and reception accessories and they set everything up for us while we got ready. If they were unsure of how we wanted something set up, they came and asked just in case. During the planning there was a little confusion with the room rates for our guests, but everything was worked out in the end. We stayed in the new honeymoon suite and it was so nice. A delicious hot breakfast and a tour of the mansion were included when anyone stayed overnight there. The food was EXCELLENT! We had a seated dinner with Steak and Chicken. The steak was perfectly cooked and it was huge! We asked if they could put the pistachio pecan crust on chicken instead of catfish and they didn't have any problem with that and it turned out great. Overall, I'd say they gave me the perfect fairytale-like wedding and I couldn't have asked for any better!

Fairytale Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Katie S

Nottoway is definitely top-notch when it comes to having a southern, plantation wedding. Everything was so beautiful on my wedding day and all my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Kaitlyn is the coordinator I worked with thoughout the planning process (about 9.5 months) and was there on my wedding day as well. She was always very prompt with responding to e-mails and phone calls. On our wedding day I was taken aback at how organized everything was. I did a lot of planning beforehand, but on my actual day I didn't have to worry about anything thing. Kaitlyn and her team had it all under control and everything went exactly as it was supposed to. Now, there were a couple hiccups along the way. For one, our room block got messed up and they have another group a block on our same weekend. We ended up getting enough rooms for our guests, but not the rooms we wanted. Also, I wasn't aware that the ballroom wouldn't seat all my guests until a couple weeks before my wedding and ended up having to put tables outside, which split up my reception into two areas (something I really didn't want).

AMAZING!!

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Michelle O

Planning a destination wedding can be very stressful, and it was for me. However, once I was able to get to Nottoway a few days before our wedding, they put me completely at ease. Our wedding planner for the day of was Megan and she was absolutely outstanding. Anything that I needed, and even things that I didn't know I needed, Megan was there. Not just for me, but she made everyone in our wedding party feel that way. The staff were amazing during our reception as well. Bringing us to go boxes after the reception, realizing that we didn't really get to eat a lot of our food. The only thing that I could say was a con, were the tourist guides. We had the entire plantation to take pictures, but chose inside due to the blistering heat. I realize that the tour guides have a job to do, but they were really rude to us and several people in my bridal party and our photographer. They also used us as part of their tour since we were taking pictures, which I felt was rude as well. It made people stop and watch us, making it difficult to move around the tour group, who were suppose to stay in one area, but didn't. Otherwise the experience was wonderful!

Gone-With-the-Wind Romance at Nottoway Plantation

Reviewed on 5/11/2011 Andrea M

I got married in April 2011 at Nottoway Plantation and it was absolutely beautiful. Gone With the Wind was my inspiration and the venue fit the bill perfectly. My absolute favorite part of the day was the ceremony on the lawn because it was so beautiful and intimate. Alli was my coordinator and she had the right attitude to get things done. My guests were all floored by the service (they were greeted with glasses of champagne and wine as they walked into the reception) and the food (the best wedding food they'd ever had, they said!). At the end of the night, the waiters had to-go boxes of food for me and my new husband to enjoy. It is the perfect venue if you want a beautiful and romantic place to say your vows and make a big statement!

Nottoway is Not-the-way!

Reviewed on 12/10/2010 Joanna T

My outdoor wedding at Nottoway was beautiful and fun, but definitely not problem-free. The staff turnover at this place is extremely high- we went through three wedding coordinators and two chefs in the span of seven months that I spent planning the wedding! No one seemed to pass on our info to other co-workers either- when we went for our appointment to meet with the second coordinator, she didn't even show up, but sent Kaitlyn (who was lovely to work with) instead, and didn't even tell her that we were already booked to have our wedding there, much less any of the already-determined details! I was constantly having to re-hash things that I had already established during previous communication/visits to Nottoway, which I felt really wasted my time. At the actual wedding, our ceremony site under the oaks was gorgeous, but SWARMING with gnats for some reason, and it hadn't rained for days beforehand! The reception was beautiful (both flowers and decor- I used Kali and she was great to work with!) and the food was great, but that's where my compliments have to stop, unfortunately. They really dropped the ball throughout the reception! The wedding coordinator "passed off" her duties to the waitstaff captain and then went home, apparently also without passing on any of the information she had me fill out on the wedding details sheet (my first clue of impending problems should have been when the coordinator had to ask me what order things were happening just as the reception was starting!). Whoever she left in charge when she left opened the buffet way earlier than they were supposed to, and then we had to literally track someone down and ask to finally be served our food (even though they specifically ask that they do this for the bride and groom). The staff was really slow to serve the cake (or to even realize it was being served!), and somehow there were two guests actually sitting at our sweetheart table when we first arrived! For the most part, only my maid of honor and the groom really noticed anything going wrong, but it made for several very nerve-wracking moments for me and the groom that I could have done without on our wedding day. Also be warned that there is a lot of construction going on around the plantation, which may make for some unsightly scenery and noise if you have your wedding during the day (fortunately wasn't going on during my ceremony). One other side note: the windows in the bridal dressing rooms do not have real curtains or shades, only see-through lace! I wish I would have noticed that before my entire bridal party had to take turns changing in strategic areas of the room. Sadly, considering the money my family and I spent to have my wedding at Nottoway, the service was largely a disappointment and NOT worth it.

6/06/2011 Response from Katherine, the member

I wish I had read this before we booked there. My fiancee and I are having troubles also, we are having a small wedding and we have had nothing but "miscommunications" with Kaityln since the beginning. We are often told that certain choices we were... Read Less Read More

Nottoway

Reviewed on 12/09/2010 Tera L

Nottoway Plantation was the setting for an absolutley beautiful fairy tale wedding. Loved the sites, the food, the bed and breakfast. The only thing that left a little more to be desired was the service. Guests could not stop complimenting, but as the bride and groom not all promises were fulfilled.

Send Email