Nottoway Plantation & Resort

White Castle, LA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Nottoway Plantation & Resort

A BALLROOM IN WHITE CASTLE, LA

The Nottoway Plantation & Resort in New Orleans is an 1850s style sugarcane estate delivering notorious southern charm with enormous white columns and majestic balconies that belong to the largest mansion in the south. With luscious green lawns that span 31-acres, the Nottoway Plantation & Resort stands guard over the mighty Mississippi River. Couples can use the mansion as a backdrop in the Nottoway’s historic front lawn or share their vows under massive oak trees on the plantations awe-inspiring rotunda.

The Nottoway offers several extraordinary ceremony and reception venues where couples can share their love with family and friends while hosting an unforgettable gala. These are notable venues offered by the Nottoway Plantation & Resort.

. This versatile venue caters to couples who want simplicity with a touch of elegance or couples who want that elaborate dream wedding. The venue is an alternative to open air ceremonies with 3,600 square feet of usable space, and it has a capacity of up to 400 guests.

. Couples and guests enjoy intricately molded columns and entryways while surrounded by sparkling crystal chandeliers. The ballroom shares a courtyard with the Grand Pavilion allowing couples to combine two stylish venues into one elaborate ceremony. Randolph's Ballroom can accommodate up to 325 guests.

. Guests enjoy stunning views of the plantations pond and rotunda with stylish floor-to-ceiling windows. Because the venue allows couples to choose from several space configurations, many brides and grooms use the versatility of the Cypress Ballroom for pre- and post-wedding gatherings and rehearsal dinners.

. Many couples use the elegant White Ballroom as a backdrop to their bridal portraits. The venue works perfectly for couples who wish to keep their ceremonies simple but classy. The venue also hosted thousands of celebrations and post-wedding parties.

. The private yet intimate setting of this venue allows couples to host smaller gatherings that are perfect for rehearsal dinners, wedding showers and small celebrations.

The Nottoway Plantation & Resort features several wedding packages allowing couples to celebrate their unforgettable day stress-free. Couples can choose from several buffet packages along with a list of seated dinner packages serving up to seven courses and up to three entrée choices.

The Nottoway Plantation & Resort requires a confirmed guest list 21 days prior to the ceremony. The buffet packages allow children under 5 to eat for free, and children between the ages of 6 and 11 get half off.

The venue offers couples and their guests first-class services and amenities that enhance the bride and groom’s magical day. Some of the notable amenities couples enjoy with each wedding and reception package include a full-service catering manager, access to the entire landscaped grounds for bridal portraits, water stations for all the guests prior to the ceremony and chair setup for each ceremony.

Reception packages include:

• Full setup of all tables, chairs white linens and the dance floors
  • Cake-cutting service
  • A full-service private server for the bride and groom

Some of the extra perks couples and their guests can enjoy at the Nottoway Plantation & Resort include:

• Dressing salons for the bridal parties
  • Full-service salon
  • Overnight accommodation discounts

Romantic Weddings At Nottoway Plantation

Nottoway, the south's largest antebellum plantation, offers stunning ceremony settings, spectacular reception venues, deluxe accommodations with luxury amenities, sumptuous restaurant dining and an on-site beauty salon. Let our professional wedding staff make your special day extraordinary!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

31025 Highway 1, White Castle, LA (225) 545-2730
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Shari L

We recently got married at Nottoway, and the entire weekend was absolute perfection from start to finish! Meghan and Lauren were so wonderful to work with and went above and beyond to make sure our special day was exactly what we wanted. Wedding day ran so smoothly, thanks to... Read More the coordinators and interns. The reception was a blast...the food, drinks, and service were amazing! We are so thankful for the crew at Nottoway for making our day so perfect and memorable!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Jordan R

Years before we were engaged, my husband and I stayed at Nottoway for a weekend and fell in love with the place. The grounds and accommodations are beautiful and the mansion itself is unbelievably gorgeous. When we started wedding planning, Nottoway was the first venue we looked... Read More into. We knew we wanted to get married there. We had our ceremony in the white ballroom, which was beautiful and intimate and made for just stunning photos; and we had our reception in the Randolph ballroom. The staff at Nottoway was great to work with, from the day we booked up to the wedding night they were friendly, helpful, and attentive. Having the provided day-of planner was a lifesaver, everything went so smoothly. The food and drinks were delicious and there was a great selection. I had guests comment on how good all of the food was, from the passed hors d'oeuvres to the buffet items to the cheese selection. Our wedding day was just perfect, in large part due to the beautiful venue and helpful staff at Nottoway.

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Erin B

Nottoway 'so staff was excellent and helpful the entire months leading up to my wedding and even after. The overall experience was enhanced having my wedding at this beautiful resort. Everyone loved the plantation access and the restaurants are phenomenal. The staff made things... Read More go off seamlessly , they definitely know what they are doing and how to run a wedding! I had no stress and Megan & Nancy were so nice and amazing!

Reviewed on 2/17/2017 Tin C

I had my wedding at Nottoway Plantation around two weeks ago. The place is definitely stunning and the staff is friendly. The food, the rooms, the entire mansion, the view - just great. I'm writing this review, however, to express my heartfelt gratitude to our wedding... Read More coordinator, Nancy. There are variety of beautiful places to choose for a wedding, but it's hard to find someone you can trust to make the wedding planning and implementation smooth. Nancy took care of me and my wedding really well. She's very professional, sweet and accommodating. She made sure that I had everything I needed on the day of my wedding. She was understanding and flexible enough to make the changes I had to do. She was also very patient in answering the many questions I asked her, since the first day 'til the day of my wedding. The wedding went beautifully - thanks to Nancy's efficiency. Nottoway is lucky to have a dedicated staff like Nancy. Likewise, I consider myself to be a lucky bride - having Nancy help all the way. Thank you Nottoway. Most of all, thank you Nancy!!!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Taylor N

Stunning, amazing, beautiful. I couldn't have pictured a more perfect venue for our big day. The staff is amazing and on top of anything you could need. The catering managers are very knowledgeable and so helpful that is makes the planning process that much easier. The food and... Read More beverage selection is wonderful and the many venue locations makes it easy for you to get everything you want in one. I had a larger wedding so having access to both the Pavilion and Ballroom was perfect for all of the guests. All of our guests were amazed by the grounds, it was around Christmas time so it was even more beautifully decorated than usual. Overall it was everything I could have hoped for.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Jillian H

From my first visit till after the wedding was over, everything was absolutely phenomenal! This was my dream wedding venue, and it did not disappoint one bit! The staff was extremely helpful from the first moment I contacted them. My wedding was an absolute fairy tail, and this... Read More beautiful venue made the perfect backdrop! We luckily didn't have to use our rain plan, but we had everything set up for both the outside wedding and the impromptu inside wedding if we would of had to have it. From the wait staff to the wedding coordinators, everyone was extremely helpful and nice and did everything in their power to make my day as special as it truly was!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Kasie Beth E

We were able to have the wedding of our dreams at Nottoway! Not only is Nottoway gorgeous, but the staff were so very helpful. They made sure everything went smoothly and took all the pressure off of myself and my mom! We wouldn't change one thing about our venue and the... Read More experience we had with Nottoway. We suggest it to any couple looking for a beautiful, southern wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kily L

We got married here this past weekend (10/28/16) and I am not exaggerating when I say if I had the chance to do it all again I would- at the exact same place with the exact same staff and people. We planned our wedding in 4 months- of course chose nottoway right off the bat... Read More because of the beautiful resort. Never could I have imagined that I would be waited on and catered to from the second I arrived (late at that) that morning. Verde salon (who is contracted through nottoway) did our hair and makeup while the wedding assistant Nancy catered to my every need with great pleasure. Everything was perfectly placed and I was more relaxed than I could have imagined. Lauren Kessler was my catering coordinator from the beginning and has answered every silly question I had and planned everything I asked of her. Even down to the dj and officiant who were also perfect. The food- EVERYONE raved about the food! After our perfectly intimate ceremony (85 people) my husband and I took a couple pictures then sat down to enjoy a little bit of everything we chose on our buffet- in a room in the mansion ALONE. It was private and perfect and I think this is one thing that every couple NEEDS after the adrenaline of the wedding! This venue knows what they are doing so when they recommend doing something- ROLL WITH IT. On to our reception- Kim was our FB director of the night- she was fabulous! Our guests had so much fun that when it was time for us to exit with sparklers everyone started chanting "ONE MORE HOUR"! She immediately got on the phone after the ok from my dad and directed to keep the party going for yet another hour! I would recommend Nottoway for ceremony and reception any day! Worth every single penny!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Angela B

Best plantation ever!!!! Staff is amazing! Grounds are beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kayla S

This venue is beautiful. I fell in love with it. Meghan is Amazing. So helpful, easy to get in touch with, and great personality. She helped me from start to finish. The wedding was everything I dreamed. Food was delicious, staff was reliable and everything just perfect.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016

Completely satisfied and would recommend this venue to anyone getting married. The staff at Nottoway catered to all of our needs. Absolutely no worries for the bridal party everything was taken care of.

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Cierra A

We got married at Nottoway on 9/17/2016. The whole experience was amazing! Lauren helped me plan everything and gave me good information on vendors. The food was absolutely spectacular. The guests really enjoyed the food. We still are getting calls saying the food was great. The... Read More whole wedding planning process was so easy, thanks to Lauren. Everything ran smoothly the day of, thanks to the coordinators and interns. We stayed in Randolphs for about two hours after the rehearsal dinner getting everything sorted out. We booked a photo booth two days before the wedding and they had no problems making room for it. The staff in the ballroom were on top of everything! They made sure everything was perfect for us. They asked what kind of drinks we wanted and they even learned to make a new mixed drink! They were so sweet and went above and beyond to make us happy. I couldn't have been more pleased.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Lauren B

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! It was the most perfect wedding and reception that could have ever taken place! Everything was run so smoothly and seamlessly! Everyone was amazing to work with. Lauren and Nancy are the BEST!! If I could give more than 5 stars, I absolutely would!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2016 Grace M

From the planning process to the big day, everything went smoothly and better than I could imagine. The catering manager, Lauren, ensured everything was perfect along the way. She is amazing! Meghan and Nancy were also a wonderful help with details. The staff was great and of... Read More course the venue was gorgeous! We had both ceremony and reception held at Nottoway. We couldn't envision a better place. Thank you!! P.s. Make sure you get the crab and brie soup!

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 ELIZABETH T

Thanks to the beauty and staff of Nottoway Plantation our wedding day was a dream. Everyone was thoroughly informative, helpful and pleasant. The only reason why I did not rate 5 stars is because of troubles with guest rooms. We blocked off several rooms multiple times and with... Read More respect to the blocked room contract, guests planning to stay overnight were told that no rooms were available when in fact there were. Also, a family member was charged for a room when he in fact cancelled his RSVP. Besides the RSVP situation everything else was in fact perfect. Guests still rave of the food and experience and even though we had inclement weather that day for an outdoor wedding, plan B was perfectly executed. Nottoway will forever hold a place in my heart. <3

Reviewed on 3/26/2016 Olivia L

Nottoway is a beautiful place to get married. It had always been my dream wedding venue. When I finally got engaged, it wasn't the first on our list due to price but things changed and we ended up on a search for a venue 9 months before our wedding. Nottoway was the only... Read More plantation we found available for our very popular date at the time we wanted to get married. So, we booked them! I was so excited through out the entire process, but things went sour pretty quickly. We blocked off every room for our guests and paid a hefty deposit to do so. Our guests would call to make a reservation under our room block and were told there were no rooms available when there were plenty. The ladies at the front desk were zero help whatsoever in getting it fixed so we ended up in constant contact with the hotel manager. She was amazing at getting everything settled, but unfortunately, we were in weekly contact with her to get everything done right. This should NOT be the bride & groom's problem. I understand that there is a minimum for food & beverage costs at the venue. We were not verbally informed of the 22% resort fee at booking that would be added on to every single penny spent at Nottoway. This increased our price for the food & beverage by SO much, it was ridiculous. I don't understand the point of the resort fee, though. To me, it's just a sneaky way for them to make more money when they are already charging a small fortune. The food WAS amazing though. During the planning process, I didn't feel like our coordinator really cared for any of our ideas. She made sure to let me know whether something was the norm or not. I was thankful when the other girl was our coordinator for the wedding day. She was outstanding and listened to everything I wanted. After the wedding was over, we went to the mansion bar to hang out with our guests. When we were ready to go to our honeymoon suite that was reserved for us, we were surprised when we walked in on another couple in our room! Some how or another this room had been given to someone else and the night manager was zero help at all. The bride and groom's room was given away for their wedding night. It was unacceptable. Thankfully, I had reserved another room to get ready in that day instead of the bridal suite so we had somewhere to stay. However, that room had a massive water leak in the ceiling and the air didn't work in the bedroom. All in all, the wedding & reception was beautiful, but the hotel portion severely lacked.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Molley

I got married at Nottoway a few weeks ago and it was absolutely everything I ever could of dreamed of. The venue and grounds are just breathtaking! The staff is extremely helpful and made wedding planning a breeze. If you are considering a southern plantation wedding, look no... Read More further. Nottoway is the most beautiful plantation you will find. We got married on the beautiful grounds underneath the giant oak trees right outside of the mansion. We then held our reception at their pavilion tent only steps away. What a gorgeous reception it was! I always said that I wouldn't of cared if it rained because a ceremony in that area would have been just as gorgeous! A lot of family and friends stayed at the plantation in their beautiful cottages and rooms on the grounds. Very convenient and a safe option! I wouldn't of done anything differently. Meghan (wedding coordinator) and her staff were unbelievably awesome. What a dream come true!

Happy Bride!

Reviewed on 8/05/2015 Meghan S

Loved my wedding! :)

NOTTOWAY WEDDING 2014 - MY DREAM WEDDING!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Micah

Nottoway has been my dream for years - I highly recommend this venue and encourage brides to at least visit the property and meet with the wonderful wedding team (Meghan & Katilyn) if interested in a plantation wedding. With that being said, I am writing a practical review of my... Read More experience for other brides. FOOD: There is no outside catering, and the is not an issue as the Nottoway Food and Beverage team do an amazing job! I was naturally worried, as I had never been to a wedding Nottoway. After our wedding, we were welcomed by to go boxes in the honeymoon suite - so we could actually taste the food. It was great! Some of the best wedding food I have ever had. Our menu consisted of the Crab and Brie Bisque - it was amazing. A must. The chicken pasta with white sauce, red beans and rice, the salad was delish, meatballs (were ok, our least favorite), the filet minion bites (wonderful) and the mashed potatoes. Our drinks consisted of select cocktails, beer and wine. Guests raved about the cosmo and Pimm's Cup. VENUE: This place is breathtaking. If you want to your ceremony and reception in one location with RAIN backup options, Nottoway is perfect. Not to mention the White Ballroom for first looks if you are doing one. There is no real need to over decorate, because the venue itself will keep your guests in awe. Also, BLOCK ROOMS EARLY or else there will be none. The rooms are beautiful and the employee in charge of room blocks, Lauren, is out of this world amazing. She will go out of her way to assist brides. BUDGET: $$$$ Nottoway is worth every penny. Try getting married on a Friday or Sunday during off season if you have a modest budget. Also, be upfront with them about the budget - they will work with you as best they can. SERVICE: Up until the day of the wedding, the service was a 10 ++++++ I cannot begin to describe the level of kindness and professionalism displayed by the young woman who is the food and beverage coordinator and the other main wedding coordinator. The food and beverage coordination, Meghan is obviously very experienced and has a solid handle on the day. The day of my wedding I had a last minute issue with lighting and she immediately contacted the vendor and fixed the problem, one she nor Nottoway had created. Work with this fantastic planner if you can - I would highly recommend requesting her. Kaitlyn, who I conversed with during planning was equally fabulous. I cannot brag about them enough. Always classy and polished. They maid the planning experience pleasant. The only con: However, on the other hand, Nottoway offers a day of wedding coordinator and bridal assistant to help the bride with "her every need" - this was not the case for me. I would have hired someone had I known I would only see my bridal assistant twice that day. I had bridesmaids and my mother running back and forth doing odd jobs I had assumed we had paid the day of coordinator to do. I would hire my own bridal assistant - as the bridal attendant assigned to me stated she was also in charge of a rehearsal dinner that night as well as prepping for another event that next day. Overall, my experience with Nottoway was wonderful and I only can praise the overall experience. Best Day Of My Life.

We love working at Nottoway!

Reviewed on 10/12/2014 Geaux Live DJ G

We've worked many here and many more to come. We love working with Nottoway!

Nottoway

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Leticia P

Excellent! Would do it all over again!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 6/04/2014 Amanda H

Everything about our experience with Nottoway Plantation was positive- from the first phone contact with Kaitlyn to handling countless details over the whole planning process and the wedding day! All our guests were so impressed with the venue, the food, and the service. Thank... Read More you for a beautiful, personal and fun experience which helped our children to have their dream wedding.

Nottoway wedding

Reviewed on 5/18/2014 Haley D

I recently had my wedding at Nottoway Plantation and would recommend this venue to everyone! Meghan was outstanding as my wedding coordinator and made sure everything went as smoothly as possible. She also did an amazing job working with my budget to make sure I could have my... Read More wedding. She made sure everything was taken care of to make my day the best day I could have asked for. The food was excellent and I have received so many compliments on my wedding ceremony and reception. It was also nice to be able to have accommodations at Nottoway for all of our guest. The only let down was rooming because a tour group was there the same weekend as my wedding so we didn't have enough rooms for everyone who wanted one. Overall Nottoway was the best place I could have ever asked for and everyone who works there did everything they could to make my day special.

My dream wedding!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Jessica K

Nottoway plantation was so perfect for what I wanted! I had a day wedding at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church and then we made our way to Nottoway so our guests could enjoy cocktail hour in the white room before we had our reception in the pavilion and ballroom.... Read More Nottoway made all my dreams come true. They were so attentive to details and truly truly cared that you had an amazing wedding. If a southern belle kinda wedding is what you are looking for, you can't get much better than Nottoway plantation!

AMAZING venue

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Julie W

I chose this venue b/c I'm from Louisiana, and wanted a southern wedding. Hands down Nottoway is the most beautiful plantation venue! My guests thought the same...I got so many compliments. The staff are amazing, and Meghan (one of the coordinators) was awesome!! A little... Read More pricey (hence the 4 stars) but if it fits your budget, it is worth every penny and you won't be disappointed. They have a plan B in case of rain, offer discounts for room blocks, and can put you in touch with a great florist, photographer, and hair/make-up. And the food was awesome! I could go on and on. This is one happy bride :)