Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cookies, Cupcakes, Cakes + Desserts

220 Krams Ave, Philadelphia, PA (267) 908-5881

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Maria M

We couldn't have picked a better person to work with for our wedding cake. We had a tighter turnaround than most weddings and Meg was so nice and accommodating, making the process way easier than we originally thought it would be. The cake we picked (pumpkin with maple pecan... Read More buttercream) was AMAZING. One of our guests said it was the best cake she ever had. And we agree :)

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Chloe W

We had a cake made by Nutmeg for our wedding on July 29th 2017. Meg was great to work with from the initial tasting, through the cake design process, and on the actual day of the wedding. Our cake turned out so beautiful and was exactly what we wanted. It tasted fantastic, as... Read More well! I highly recommend Nutmeg!!!!

2017-09-04T09:36:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed both the cake & the process. It was so lovely working with you - Congratulations! xoxo

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Kevin B

Meg was amazing , had made such a great tasting and super beautfil cake. She exceeded our expectations and has great artistic skill and ability with a perfect imagination. Both my husband and I had such a hard time with coming up with a design/ colors. Meg not only created a... Read More great design but had the colors so beautiful it was the talk of the night. Thank you so much.

2017-08-31T06:25:23 Response from the vendor

It was such a pleasure to work with you both to create such a special cake! Thank you for your kind feedback! Best Wishes! xo

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Kevin B

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Heidi Y

We LOVE Meg!!!! All of our friends are still talking about our cake (& who talks about wedding cake months after the wedding??) because it was THAT good. Many of my friends also turn to her when it comes to baby showers, bridal showers and other parties too. For my wedding... Read More cake, Meg put up with all my super specific requests of how our cake should look and was fantastic. She is so fun to work with and we're so looking forward to when we can have another party to order more delicious cakes from her!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Karlene Q

Our wedding was June 10, 2017, and our guests are *still* raving about our cake. I can honestly say that our cake was the best part of the entire wedding planning process because of Meg. We loved the cake tasting that she wow'd us with. She baked several types of flavors and... Read More textures with a charming and warm setting at her place in Philadelphia. She was so bubbly and passionate about customizing a cake to our style and design preference, without losing the most important ingredients that make her cakes incredible. We ended up with a 5 tier cake of chocolate, cookies & cream, and funfetti mix. It was so unique to us and designed so beautifully. How often can you find a great designer and baker in one? It's not easy! We are lucky to have Nutmeg recommended to us through Reveriemade, and we will always remember Nutmeg's contribution to our special day.

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Sophia P

It was fantastic to work with Meg at Nutmeg for our wedding cake! Since My husband and I live abroad we were unable to make it to our tasting, but Meg kindly welcomed two of my bridesmaids in our stead. Being far away communication was really important to us and Meg answered... Read More every email promptly and clearly. On the day everything was as we imaged - the cake was delicious and a work of art to boot! I couldn't recommend Nutmeg enough for any occasion.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Joanna L

Hiring Nutmeg Cake Design was one of the best decisions we made while wedding planning! I found Meg on Instagram and was in awe of her artful work. We planned our wedding out-of-state and Meg graciously arranged our delightful cake tasting in between the Winter holidays while we... Read More were in town. Her tasting corner was super cute, the slices were plentiful, and she cared to get to know us while we worked out our vision. We decided on a speculoos cake with cinnamon buttercream which we couldn't stop dreaming about after the tasting. Our cake, with thin (read: edible) gray marble fondant and gold leaf veining detail, exceeded expectations. The three tiers looked especially beautiful wrapped in twinkly lights (an idea Meg displayed around the holidays). Our guests raved and we finished the whole top tier long before our anniversary (oops). Can't wait to move to Philly and hire Meg again and again! Couldn't recommend enough.

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Stephanie P

We can't say enough good things about Meg and her work! We originally found her through her Instagram account, which is filled with images of gorgeous cakes that are all unique works of art. They are quite honestly the most beautiful cakes that I've ever seen. Most importantly,... Read More however, these cakes are every bit as delicious as they are stunning. Meg doesn't make it especially easy to choose a flavor (they're all so tasty!), but we are very satisfied with our choice of chocolate chip cake with vanilla buttercream. Our guests approved of our choice, as well! Real quotes from family and friends include: "This is the *best* cake that I've ever had," and "I don't think that I can ever eat cake from anywhere else again." Behind her skill as both an artist and a baker, Meg is also simply lovely and so wonderful to work with. Our cake tasting was one of our favorite experiences during our engagement. Meg took such care in welcoming us into her kitchen, taking time to listen to what we wanted both aesthetically and flavor-wise, and working with us to create a cake that was perfect for us and our event. As a plus, the cake samples are generous :) We loved working with Meg and can't recommend her highly enough. We are already looking for our next excuse to place another order...

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Grace L

Not only is Meg the sweetest, easiest to work with but she makes gorgeous and tasty cakes! We used Nutmeg Cake Design for my bridal shower and our wedding and each cake was beautiful and guests were raving about how good they were. Can't wait to plan another event so I can work... Read More with Meg again!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Christine T

Meg was great. Very professional from the beginning to the end! Her cakes are delightful and tasteful.

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 melissa b

Our experience with Meg was easy, seamless and enjoyable. She helped us create a classic, elegant 2-tier cake for our winter wedding, which turned out beautifully! Nutmeg Cake Design was recommended to us by our venue and when I looked at their Instagram feed, I was sold.... Read More Meg's cakes are true pieces of art, from the cake itself to what she can do with the exterior. We went into our tasting without a clue of what we wanted the cake to taste like - I only had an idea of what I envisioned for the look of the outside. After tasting a few different yet all very delicious flavors and combinations, we ended up with champagne cake with raspberry buttercream filling and textured vanilla buttercream covering. The champagne cake was so light and delicious and didn't taste like a traditional "cake;" once we tried it, we knew it was the one. While our choice was pretty straightforward, Meg encourages you to think outside the box and have fun with your cake! If you want to mix and match flavor combinations across the different tiers, or bring your own ideas, she's all for it. I'd absolutely recommend Nutmeg Cake Design and will hopefully be able to work with them again some day!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Lindsey V

Our experience with Meg and Nutmeg Cake Design was completely perfect to say the least. The tasting room was so beautifully decorated and the mini bottles of champagne and cookies were a wonderful touch. Meg was so quick to respond to all of our emails and her attention to... Read More detail was greatly appreciated. We decided to go with 3 different cakes for our wedding day instead of one large cake which was so amazingly executed and tasted just as great as it looked. My favorite was the champagne cake with the raspberry buttercream! We loved everything about our experience with Nutmeg Cake Design and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding cake, cake for an event or birthday or unique hand painted cookies! We will absolutely work with Meg again!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Jenni A

Meg and Nutmeg are awesome. I'm not a big cake person, and even I was won over! Her studio is beautiful and the tasting was SO delicious. She is especially good with interesting flavors and things that aren't too sweet - we ended up with carrot cake for our wedding (safe... Read More option with guests), but some of the ginger and spice options were good to taste. I especially love the buttercream that is actually delicious, not disgusting sickly like most frosting. I also LOVED the abstract art designs she does. Didn't fit our wedding look, but the one she had in the studio was fabulous. Great service, great aesthetic, great cake.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Danielle G

When my husband and I met with Meg for the first time, we couldn't believe how sweet of a person she was! We tried a bunch of her cake selections she made and she wow'd us with them! They were absolutely amazing! Moist and delicious! She made a chocolate, vanilla and red velvet... Read More cake with nutella buttercream for our wedding cake! It was definitely the most amazing cake we have ever tasted! It was soft and moist just like our sample cakes we first tried when we met her! She went above and beyond our expectations for this cake! It was also one of the most prettiest cakes we have ever seen. Her sugar flowers are to die for! She created peonies, lavender, blackberries, silver dollar eucalyptus and even succulents for us!!! They were so awesome that we had to save them! We told her we wanted extra cake for our 'anniversary piece' but the cake was so delicious that we ended up indulging into it the day after our wedding! We will definitely be ordering an 'anniversary cake' from her for our one year! We highly recommend Meg for your wedding cake, or even your next event cake!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2016

Let me start by saying, Meg was absolutely my favorite vendor throughout the process! Not only am I in love with her artistic vision, sugar flowers and cakes, but also her kind spirit. In addition to the delicious lemon ginger cake (perfect for a summer wedding), she also helped... Read More me out with calligraphy for the wedding cards for my family and recommended flower vendors, when I was in a bit of a pickle at the last minute. I count her as one of my best wedding decisions and look forward to ordering many more goodies to celebrate life moments.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Colleen L

We recently worked with Meg to create our wedding cake and would highly recommend her! Meg was such a pleasure to work with - from our initial tasting meeting she was so personable & professional and we knew we were in good hands. Our cake was not only beautiful but was also... Read More delicious! I can't wait to work with Nutmeg again for another event!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Amy A

Absolutely LOVED our cake from Meg! When we went in for the tasting, we fell in love with so many different flavors....and her flexibility allowed us to incorporate all the flavors we wanted. The cake was unbelievably delicious, and had a very beautiful look with the speckles of... Read More cookies and cream. Our guests are still raving about the cake and my only mistake was NOT getting an extra layer to save for our 1 year anniversary. (We will have to go back and get a small little one to celebrate) Meg was great to work with- very responsive and helpful.

Reviewed on 1/03/2016

Nutmeg Cake Design made the cakes for our wedding and we couldn't be happier. Our guests kept raving about how delicious the cake was, not to mention, how beautiful they were! Meg created unbelievably delicate sugar peonies to top our cakes - I couldn't believe how perfectly... Read More she matched our colors and our vision. Aside from the finish product being even better than we could have asked for, Meg was by far the most pleasant and professional person we dealt with to create our wedding. She was honest, dedicated, responsible and creative, matching our vision with her art. We highly recommend Nutmeg Cake Design to anyone looking for a memorable and personalized cake for your special occasion.