Oak Hill Farm

• Outdoor - Covered

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented, Vineyard

8044 Gabel Ln, Apple River, IL (815) 541-2348

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Jackie k

Had our whole wedding here, Dressed in the barn-house, ceremony overlooking the water-fountain, Antique Car, Truck and various items used all the day. Chapel as a backup ceremony spot in case of rain, schoolhouse lawn for cocktail hour and schoolhouse we used for place-cards and... Read More guestbook, country-store was for s'more supplies. Our guests LOVED IT HERE. There were roaming donkeys on the grounds, the spacious tent felt vast yet inviting. The staff was more than accommodating. They took and set up our decorations better then I had planned in my mind (and I'm OCD about this). They stuck to our itinerary even when thins got chaotic. We felt accommodated and never rushed. There were heat laps set up and the sides of the tent brought down to keep us warm. The fire-pit for the s'mores was amazing. Becky and her staff went above and beyond, even making sure to contact us days ahead of time for a road blockage and corrected detour driving directions so our guests and us were right on time and not 20 minutes late. I can't say enough good things about them. Our guests LOVED it so much that two are talking about using them for their wedding anniversaries. I hope they do because I can't wait to come back. The scenery is phenomenal and I got everything I wanted and more. They were GREAT!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Alicia T

The two stars are for the fact that the property looks nice. I did not have my wedding here simply due to the rude treatment I received when touring this place while in search of a venue. In all honesty, this place was my dream wedding venue because of the farm property/grounds.... Read More I had an appointment to meet with Becky a few weeks ahead of time to see the venue. I live an hour and a half away, which I told Becky. 30 minutes before the appointment, as I am driving to the venue on time, Becky frantically calls me and tells me that the group who was supposed to tour the venue before me was late to the appointment and that I needed to get there ASAP to combine our tours, or they'd start without us. I told her I expected my own tour with my group like we had planned for weeks and it would not be fair to penalize me for the group before me being late. However, when I arrived at my scheduled time, Becky had already begun the information portion of the tour with the group ahead of us. Becky treated me as if I was the late one, and I missed out on approximately 1/3 of the tour because the bride before me was late to her appointment. I insisted that Becky spend extra time with me at the end to give me the information she had given the group before us, which she did reluctantly. The entire time, Becky had her phone out texting and constantly checking the time as if she did not have time for this. She was very rude and unfriendly the entire time, did not make me feel like a potential client, and simply was unprofessional in dealing with the situation. I would never have trusted someone like this to provide an accommodating, worry-free wedding day for me without glitches. This place has potential, but beware of the owner/management! Stay away if you care about customer service on your WEDDING day.

2017-09-27T20:34:12 Response from the vendor

Oh my gosh - all I can say is I'm so sorry! I feel terrible that I came across as rude, unprofessional and pressed for time. Occcasionally, tours do overlap due to travel times being unpredictable. Almost all my clients travel from a distance to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Teresa F

Just....WOW. We had our whole day and night here and it was worth every penny. First of all, the grounds are BEAUTIFUL. Every guest told us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended! Second of all, Becky, the coordinator and owner is so professional and AMAZING!... Read More She is one of the reasons why I was not as stressed as I might be because she responded to my emails and phone calls quickly, she was always positive and cheerful when we interacted, and was extremely flexible! The grounds are kept up, the workers there do such a beautiful job and are super friendly, there are chickens, cows and horses casually hanging around, and they set up and take down any decor you bring. I hardly brought any decorations because so many are included in the price. If youre looking for a beautiful, farm life, diy wedding with virtually no diy stress involved--then this venue is for you!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Cristin M

Words cannot explain how beautiful our wedding was at Oak Hill Farm in Apple River , IL. My husband and I live in Schaumburg IL and we knew it would be a hike for all our guests but it truly was WORTH IT! Everyone said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. It is nice... Read More to get away from the hustle and bustle of the suburbs and city and enjoy the land of Jo Daviss County around Galena and Apple River. Becky makes planning a peice of cake as she is very organized with recommended vendors. My advice to future brides......Price all vendors out! Just because they are more expensive doesn't mean they are better! Every detail, food, music, decor, service, bakery was FIRST CLASS and we have the best day of our lives. I recommend this venue to anyway wanting a country wedding with their loved ones. We had our guests stay at Stoney Creek Inn and Country Inn and suites in Galena and they took school buses there and back from the venue. I wish I could relive the day! Thank you Oak Hill for everything! 10 stars all the way!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Adrienne

Oak Hill in Apple River, IL was wonderful. They were responsive to questions and they had staff to set up the ceremony and reception (we used the venue for both). The site is beautiful. It is also unique with their old country store, one room schoolhouse, and little chapel.

Perfect Setting & Wonderful Staff

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Brittany

It's hard to believe we said "I do" just a little over a month ago already. We could not have been more pleased with our whole wedding day at Oak Hill Weddings! Thank you so much to Becky & your entire staff. You truly are amazing at what you do. Not only is the setting... Read More beautiful (there is no such thing as a bad picture with all the different backdrops to choose from) but your hard work helped me keep as calm and collected as I could be. Thanks again for everything. It wouldn't have been possible without you.

Best Day EVER!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Oak Hill is a beautiful, romantic, rustic, amazing venue. There are so many unique touches throughout the grounds, and the barnhouse and chapel are picture perfect. I loved how we had complete access to the barnhouse to hang out and dress before the ceremony. The guys and girls... Read More have seperate unique areas which came in handy. Becky and Sandy made our wedding experience soo memorable. Easy to work with and professional. My favorite moment was leaving the chapel as newly weds in a hourse drawn carriage. It was perfect! I highly recommend Oak Hill Farm to anyone wanting a beautiful unique country wedding. Kurt and Gabby June 29, 2013

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Melissa R

This venue is Amazing... this is THE place to host an event. From the beautiful landscaping to the hands on role of the family who runs the property. Our wedding was perfect because of the location!!!

A GREAT venue!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2011 Andrea H

Oak Hill was the most amazing wedding venue. The property is truly a must-see. Our photographer told us we were making his job so easy because this place is just simply perfect. Becky and Sandy are amazing to work with. They help you out when you need it and are so... Read More accommodating. The area is very secluded, private! The photo opportunities are endless at Oak Hill. This place is such a great find. It's vibe is sweet, scenic, antique elegance, full of character. We got married in the Barnhouse, which is a barn converted to a home with lodge-like charm. The detail is amazing. A deck overlooks a yard and pond. There is a classic chapel, an old school house and a general store that make pictures unlike you've ever seen. Our time at Oak Hill was so great, and they are great to work with. Easy, stress-free and accommodating. It doesn't get much better.

The most memorable wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Kalin S

Having my welcome hour (cocktail hour held before the ceremony in lieu of a receiving line. Thanks for the idea, Becky!) and ceremony at Oak Hill is by far the BEST decision I made while planning my wedding. I am still getting compliments from guests saying it was the most... Read More beautiful wedding they’ve ever been to, and I give Oak Hill 100% of the credit. The shabby chic, vintage, rustic vibe from Oak Hill can be found nowhere else. The chapel, schoolhouse, country store, and original hay barn make it a unique setting. Working with Becky was so fun and easy. Living in the Chicago land area, I relied heavily on emails when contacting vendors in Galena. Becky always responded back to me quickly and fully answered all of my questions. Sandy, Becky’s mother, was our officiant and did an amazing job. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. Becky and her husband were there to set everything up, greet guests, and even hold my train while walking down the steps to the ceremony (we held ours outside below the barn house in front of the pond). Oak Hill will always hold a very special place in my heart and I will definitely be going back to visit with Becky and Sandy. I have a feeling that I will be attending a wedding there in the future as many of my guests are still raving about Oak Hill’s beauty and even want to hold their own wedding there, too.

Beautiful location

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Amy W

Becky from Oak Hill was great to work with. We had our ceremony and reception at this location. She coordinated with all of our vendors and made my day a lot less stressful. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. Our pictures turned out beautifully. Definitely check this place out... Read More in person, you'll fall in love with it!