Oak Hill Farm

Farm + Ranch, Barn, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented, Vineyard

8044 Gabel Ln, Apple River, IL (815) 541-2348

Wonderful

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Adrienne

Oak Hill in Apple River, IL was wonderful. They were responsive to questions and they had staff to set up the ceremony and reception (we used the venue for both). The site is beautiful. It is also unique with their old country store, one room schoolhouse, and little chapel.

Perfect Setting & Wonderful Staff

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Brittany

It's hard to believe we said "I do" just a little over a month ago already. We could not have been more pleased with our whole wedding day at Oak Hill Weddings! Thank you so much to Becky & your entire staff. You truly are amazing at what you do. Not only is the setting... Read More beautiful (there is no such thing as a bad picture with all the different backdrops to choose from) but your hard work helped me keep as calm and collected as I could be. Thanks again for everything. It wouldn't have been possible without you.

Best Day EVER!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

Oak Hill is a beautiful, romantic, rustic, amazing venue. There are so many unique touches throughout the grounds, and the barnhouse and chapel are picture perfect. I loved how we had complete access to the barnhouse to hang out and dress before the ceremony. The guys and girls... Read More have seperate unique areas which came in handy. Becky and Sandy made our wedding experience soo memorable. Easy to work with and professional. My favorite moment was leaving the chapel as newly weds in a hourse drawn carriage. It was perfect! I highly recommend Oak Hill Farm to anyone wanting a beautiful unique country wedding. Kurt and Gabby June 29, 2013

Picture Perfect

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Melissa R

This venue is Amazing... this is THE place to host an event. From the beautiful landscaping to the hands on role of the family who runs the property. Our wedding was perfect because of the location!!!

A GREAT venue!!

Reviewed on 8/12/2011 Andrea H

Oak Hill was the most amazing wedding venue. The property is truly a must-see. Our photographer told us we were making his job so easy because this place is just simply perfect. Becky and Sandy are amazing to work with. They help you out when you need it and are so... Read More accommodating. The area is very secluded, private! The photo opportunities are endless at Oak Hill. This place is such a great find. It's vibe is sweet, scenic, antique elegance, full of character. We got married in the Barnhouse, which is a barn converted to a home with lodge-like charm. The detail is amazing. A deck overlooks a yard and pond. There is a classic chapel, an old school house and a general store that make pictures unlike you've ever seen. Our time at Oak Hill was so great, and they are great to work with. Easy, stress-free and accommodating. It doesn't get much better.

The most memorable wedding ceremony!

Reviewed on 7/26/2011 Kalin S

Having my welcome hour (cocktail hour held before the ceremony in lieu of a receiving line. Thanks for the idea, Becky!) and ceremony at Oak Hill is by far the BEST decision I made while planning my wedding. I am still getting compliments from guests saying it was the most... Read More beautiful wedding they’ve ever been to, and I give Oak Hill 100% of the credit. The shabby chic, vintage, rustic vibe from Oak Hill can be found nowhere else. The chapel, schoolhouse, country store, and original hay barn make it a unique setting. Working with Becky was so fun and easy. Living in the Chicago land area, I relied heavily on emails when contacting vendors in Galena. Becky always responded back to me quickly and fully answered all of my questions. Sandy, Becky’s mother, was our officiant and did an amazing job. The day of the wedding went so smoothly. Becky and her husband were there to set everything up, greet guests, and even hold my train while walking down the steps to the ceremony (we held ours outside below the barn house in front of the pond). Oak Hill will always hold a very special place in my heart and I will definitely be going back to visit with Becky and Sandy. I have a feeling that I will be attending a wedding there in the future as many of my guests are still raving about Oak Hill’s beauty and even want to hold their own wedding there, too.

Beautiful location

Reviewed on 7/12/2011 Amy W

Becky from Oak Hill was great to work with. We had our ceremony and reception at this location. She coordinated with all of our vendors and made my day a lot less stressful. The venue was absolutely gorgeous. Our pictures turned out beautifully. Definitely check this place out... Read More in person, you'll fall in love with it!