Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Wedding Arch, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

13517 Highland Mews Pl, Herndon, VA Serving MD, DC & VA (703) 608-8348

Amazing Florist!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Ariel C

It was a pleasure to work with Tonya for our wedding. Tonya not only did the flowers for our wedding, but also created a beautiful chuppah for us to be married under. Tonya was easy to work with and did a great job translating my vision into the flowers for our wedding day. I... Read More gave Tonya a lot of flexibility to create a look that would work for our wedding day and I was not disappointed. My bouquet was STUNNING and everyone raved over the centerpieces. Tonya also did a great job of staying within our budget limitations and respected what we wanted to spend. I would 100% recommend Tonya to future brides.

So perfect!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Jennifer U

Tonya did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding! I could not have asked for anything more. I did not know exactly what I wanted, but she was able to help me figure out a vision. She worked closely with my mom and I as the day grew closer to adjust arrangements and... Read More flower quantity. Tonya was extremely accommodating when we had an illness in the family. I loved the arrangements at my ceremony, the flowers for everyone in the wedding party, the table flowers at the reception, and especially my bouquet! She helped make my wedding beautiful and perfect!

Great florist!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Tanya G

Tonya was great! She was very knowledgeable about the different flowers in season and did a very thorough calculation of the cost. She was the only vendor who offered to meet me halfway between our locations - it was very nice not to have to drive a whole hour for once! On the... Read More day of the wedding the flowers were all delivered promptly and in great condition. They were so beautiful! My bouquet after the wedding lasted quite a while - which was a nice surprise. Everyone loved our wedding flowers and my experience with Tonya was great. I'd recommend her to everyone!

Flowers Were Absolutely Perfect!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

Tonya was just absolutely amazing in every aspect! It was like she reached inside my head and created the beautiful masterpiece I had imagined. We had a rustic winery wedding and I asked for lots of artistic texture, succulents, a few different colors of berries, deep fall... Read More colored flowers, and to say she did incredible job is an understatement in every way! She was so responsive to every single change I made (and I made a ton) and was quick to send me an updated invoice every time. When I mentioned that I wanted to remain within a certain budget she came up with many alternatives to stay in the budget but achieve the same look. The bouquets, boutonnieres, alter arrangements and centerpieces were absolutely perfect and completely stunning. The deep colors of the flowers with the Navy bridesmaids' dresses and light grey Groomsmen's suits and the touches of green succulents everywhere was insanely pretty. I joined The Knot just to write her a review because I couldn't let my wedding pass without giving her all the credit she deserves. I had no intention on preserving my bouquet after the wedding but once I saw her masterpiece I took it straight to the preservation shop so I could look at it for the rest of my life!!!

Perfect Flowers for a Perfect Wedding Day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Ashley T

I hadn't met Tonya until my wedding day. She was incredible in every aspect of my flowers. Not only was she professional and responsive from my initial contact, but up through my wedding day. She was able to make some minor last minute changes for me and my flower were perfect... Read More everything from bride & bridesmaid bouquets, calla lily corsages, arrangement on the arbor, reception centerpieces of submerged calla lilies and orchids, and calla lily boutonnieres, she did it all. She pulled from my visions and added her creative touch to make my day perfect. A huge "thank you" to Tonya for a wonderful experience with very fair prices!

Value, professionalism and amazing floral arrangements!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Lindsey D S

My wife and I feel very lucky to have found Tonya (owner) and Occasional Flowers. Tonya was extremely professional and flexible throughout the entire process, whether it was driving to meet us for a discussion, a handoff of materials, or simply helping us through changes and new... Read More ideas, she was truly invested in our wedding. With florals, it's really difficult to know what you're getting until the day-of arrives, but with Tonya, she established a level of trust and confidence that we knew exactly how beautiful the flowers would turn out. Simply put, everything turned out even more amazing than we could've hoped. Tonya did a great job of infusing her own vision and creativity while respecting our decisions. At our request, she increased value by re-using certain arrangements from the ceremony and cocktail hour at the reception in ways that enhanced what was already arranged. She took an amazing venue with natural beauty and subtly enhanced it like only a true professional could. We highly recommend Tonya to any couple out there looking for great floral value and quality from a talented, fun, and friendly florist.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Molly T

Tonya did an amazing job with my wedding and rehearsal dinner flowers. She was incredibly responsive and friendly through the entire process and worked to ensure the flowers were exactly as I imagined and stayed within our budget. Her execution was incredible. The arrangements... Read More were exactly as I had envisioned them.

A Fantastic Experience

Reviewed on 9/29/2014 Emily R

I am so happy that we found Tonya! She provided all of the arrangements at our August wedding - bouquets, boutonnieres, arrangements for the mothers and grandmothers, aisle decorations, centerpieces at the reception AND she threw in decorations for the cake at no extra... Read More charge. She was so easy to work with. I didn’t have a really clear idea of what I wanted, but after pinning dozens of photos on Pinterest, Tonya was able to interpret it and pull together something that was better than I could have expected! She clearly knows her stuff and was able to provide suggestions based on what was in season and what fit within our budget. We didn’t save a huge portion of our budget for flowers and not only did Tonya happily work within our range (so many others we looked at seemed to want to force extra fees on us) she even provided suggestions of where we could save – like not spending too much on flowers at the church and finding a way to make those arrangements double as décor at the reception. She helped us with the logistics – delivering flowers to the church and to the reception (at two different locations) so we didn’t have to worry about doing it ourselves. She was also really flexible. We made some last minute additions and changes to our plan in the two weeks leading up to the wedding and Tonya was more than happy to accommodate. She met with us several times in the lead up to the wedding, and even provided us with a complimentary table arrangement to bring to our tasting so we knew exactly what to expect. Lastly, I (along with my bridesmaids) was so pleasantly surprised with how well the bouquets held up and how long they lasted! We got to enjoy them well beyond the day of the wedding. A few of the delicate roses on the men's boutonnieres fell off before the night was over, but that's the only negative thing I can think of when it came to working with Tonya. Would definitely recommend working with Tonya for your big day or any occasion!

Amazing Florist!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Kayla M

Tanya is fantastic. She is incredibly friendly. What originally caught my attention was how professionally she presented herself. I only recently moved to the area so much of my contact with Tonya prior to meeting her was with e-mail, and she was always prompt and very... Read More professional in her responses. After we had hired Tonya and signed a (VERY reasonably priced) contract, she agreed to create an additional bouquet for me at the last minute when my husband and I decided to elope. Our flowers were delivered right on time and Tonya was amazing when it came to working with me because my flowers needed to be delivered to several different locations that were all decently far apart. The bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages were all impeccable, as were the rose petals we used to line the aisle and our centerpieces were gorgeous and exactly what I had asked for even though Tonya and I had to kind of "custom" create them since I had no solid photo of what I really wanted. I also received a free toss bouquet with my bridal bouquet, so that was a plus! Wonderful, wonderful experience and I would definitely use Occasional Flowers again for any event requiring large floral arrangements!

Gorgeous flowers at an affordable price

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Katherine G

Tonya of Occasional Flowers worked with me to keep the flowers for my wedding within my budget. She was great about coming up with ideas to save cost and the end result was beautiful. The floral arch over the arbor, the table bouquets and my bouquet were gorgeous. The one... Read More thing I wasn't crazy about was the bridesmaids' bouquets - we chose picasso cala lilies and they did not look that lush. But that was the only minor negative in what was an overall very positive experience.

Beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Jennifer S

Tonya was very helpful with making sure I received the flower colors I wanted! When I wanted to make changes and wasn't sure what would look right, she was very helpful and helped me make great decisions! The bouquets were so colorful and perfect for my vision of the wedding... Read More colors. She was very timely and set everything up beautifully for the reception tables and the ceremony arrangements! She even dropped off the bouquets to the hotel last minute. Overall, everything with the flowers turned out perfect!

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Victoria B

Where do I start? Not only is Tonya Evans a floral creative genius, she is also a sweet, friendly and kind person. She goes the extra mile and puts her heart into your special day with everything she's got. The vision for our wedding was Enchanted Forest/Secret Garden. Tonya... Read More listened and was receptive to all the ideas I had, never getting overwhelmed, or telling me something was impossible. I don't think that word is in her vocabulary. I probably sent her 5000 emails over the course of the past 11 months, and she was never annoyed, and never lost sight of our vision, even when I included a million different pictures titled "Love this!". She worked with our budget, and was upfront and honest about everything from day 1. Probably the most challenging part of my wedding was the arbor arrangement. I had my heart set on this huge square arbor made of branches and soft white flowers that looked like something straight out of a fairy tale. The only problem was, Tonya didn't have a square base, just a rounded one. So instead of trying to sell me on the round one, Tonya and her husband Harry set out and actually found a door that they used to create the square base for me! So basically, they built my dream arbor. And it seriously did not disappoint - it took my breath away. I literally cried the entire way up the aisle because everywhere I looked was just amazing. The BMs' flowers- which Tonya corresponded perfectly with their varying dress colors - the Boutineers - which matched their corresponding BM's dress, the aisle, which had the perfect amount of flower petals scattered, the chair arrangements, which were identical to the ones we had planned, my bouquet- EVERYTHING! Luckily before the ceremony I had a chance to revel in the table arrangements for the reception. They were just unreal, and I know she added extra flowers in and made more tall arrangements than she charged me for. Our vision came to life thanks to this amazing and talented woman and I received sooo many compliments on the flowers. Even from my mother in law who before the wedding told me she didn't care about flowers. I would recommend Occasional Flowers to anyone who wants not only an unforgettable event with stunning flowers, but someone who became a friend to me that I could rely on, during the most special time in my life.

Amazing flowers and Amazing service!!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Julie V

It was truly a pleasure working with Tonya of Occasional Flowers. She really listened to the vision and ideas I had for our wedding and was able to provide affordable service without compromising beauty and quality. She was always quick to respond to my questions and was... Read More flexible to work with. She provided a spectacular arch with flowers for our outdoor ceremony as well as the wedding party flowers and table centerpieces. She was able to incorporate the butterflies I had purchased into the arrangements -- she incorporated them in better than I could have envisioned! I LOVE looking at all my wedding pictures with the flowers -- they added such a special touch to our day. I highly recommend Tonya for any wedding or special occasion.

Awesome!

Reviewed on 6/01/2012 Christy M

Tonya was so helpful from our first meeting. She was flexible and the flowers came in so gorgeous. They were fresh, and two people said my flowers looked out of a magazine, and they were right! Tonya did our ceremony floral arrangements, all my bridesmaid and I's bouquets (so... Read More pretty), an adorable wand of roses for the flower girl, all of the perfect boutonnieres and wrist corsages. Everything turned out absolutely gorgeous and for a great price!

Tonya at Occasional Flowers did a wonderful job

Reviewed on 4/05/2012 Sharlyne T

Tonya at Occasional Flowers did a wonderful job at our wedding! She provided, flowers, decorated an arbor, and hung lanterns for us. The flowers were stunning. Also the arbor was beautifully decorated and amazing! From start to finish Tonya was very patient with us and worked... Read More within our budget to get everything we wanted. We would highly recommend her for your event!

Tonya is Great!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2011 Tamara P

Tonya was great for my flowers and inexpensive. Although I didn't have a lot since I didn't use them in centerpieces the bouquets and other flowers were great quality. A few of the roses were a little wilted but other than that they were supurb! I also loved that the toss... Read More bouquet was complimentary as I wanted to save my actual bouquet. The toss bouquet was beautiful too. Tonya was very accomodating to changes and quickly responded to inquiries. I would highly reccommend her!

Unbeatable price for beautiful arrangements

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Lynn L

Occasional Flowers provided so much at an unbelievable cost we're still counting ourselves lucky we heard about them. We met with Tonya with very little in mind as to what we wanted. She asked all the right questions and presented so many options, we easily narrowed down what... Read More would work for us within 30 minutes of meeting her. We explained our budget was tight and she never flinched - just offered beautiful options that would fit our budget. When our quote arrived, we were shocked. In fact, we assumed we would have to just hope for the best at that price. We got the best. We were overwhelmed with how everything turned out. Many of our guests made comments on how stunning our centerpieces looked. Tonya even added additional greenery to the pieces after asking if she could take some license with the original plan if she felt it necessary - and didn't charge us. This made the pieces look even more exceptional. She was flexible with our budget, our ideas, and our suggestions; professional throughout; responsive and eager to please; and over-delivered on our meager budget. We're eager to happily recommend Occasional Flowers!