Ocean Breeze Training & Conference Center

Banquet/Reception Hall

Bldg #243 Baltimore Street, Jacksonville, FL

Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014

Ocean Breeze was absolutely perfect! Ron was amazing! He was so helpful, and he made sure that everything went smoothly. We only met Libby once, but she was extremely professional and helpful as well! We had the ceremony in the gazebo, and the reception was in the big banquet hall. We also had a dry wedding, but people loved the hot chocolate bar on the back patio. We got the lasagna meal, and it was amazing!! All the linens were included. Everything was set up exactly the way I asked. I literally did not have one problem with Ocean Breeze the day of the wedding. It was perfect! You do have to get people'e information to get on the Mayport base, but we didn't have any problems with people not being able to get on base. The reception room including tables, chairs, and linens was $800. The ceremony under the gazebo with white chairs was $200. Having the lasagna meal served for 128 people was $2,220, including tip and tax, and including the hot chocolate bar for 100 people. We had to hire a gate guard for 2 hours, which was $60. I would like to think we got the best deal in town for the great quality that we got!

My wedding

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 April D

The staff was great. Venue was perfect.

5/12/2014 Response from the vendor

Thank you April for the wonderful review and thank you for selecting Ocean Breeze for your wedding venue.

Cheap but a hassle

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Kate F

You definitely can't beat the price for what you get! But there were some issues with the contract getting changed around and confusion with another wedding that was later on the same day. Overall the service seemed to lack guidance and several things fell through the cracks. Also (just keep that in mind for larger weddings) the majority of our guests were civilian, so we had a ton of info to collect for the gate. And definitely get your own speakers, etc. All-in-all my wedding went nicely, but not without several small hitches.

My perfect wedding!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2013 Lisa T

We had our ceremony at the gazebo, cocktail hour on the back patio, and reception inside! Everything was amazing! Ron was so helpful with planning and on wedding day! It's the perfect location if you are looking for a beachy type wedding! I only gave 4 stars because I heard after the wedding that the bartender was a bit rude and very slow. Had I had known during the night I'm sure if I asked Ron to shut down the other bar with just beer and wine, and put that bartender with the other girl, he would have done so and everything would have been perfect!!

Truly awesome

Reviewed on 1/28/2013 Elizabeth C

They we're amazing, everyone there worked with us before and through the wedding amazingly and the food was fantastic (the beef is to die for)

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Lacey C

The staff at Ocean Breeze were very friendly and helpful! We got so many compliments on their catering and champagne! (My husband went out to find that specific kind to have at home afterwards!!) The decoration packages they offer are great and they really made my reception look like the fairytale I've always dreamed of!

Amazing

Reviewed on 3/27/2012 Lindsay D

The staff was awesome and the wedding went off without a hitch. Unfortunately I didn't really get to eat anything, but the bacon wrapped shrimp I DID HAVE was awesome! lol

So So

Reviewed on 3/19/2012 Janelle L

Overall our experience with Ocean Breeze was okay. Their prices for dinners were amazing and the location was beautiful. We did have a couple problems though! 1) Getting people on and off base was a nightmare. Which is not their fault...but it definitely effects them! 2) We had asked for the space heaters outside to be turned on during cocktail hour so our guests wouldn't be too cold . Only one was ever turned on so all our guests went inside the reception hall to stay warm (which kind of killed the whole grand entrance decoration surprise)! 3) We had a couple rules for liquor in our contract (no shots being the most important) and when the bartenders were asked for shots they responded with "The bride and groom don't want anyone to have shots at the wedding but we can give you a single or double on the rocks.".....which is either one or two shots with ice. I feel like that was pretty sketchy. They knew what was in the contract and they played with words to get their tips. Regardless, we had an amazing time at both the ceremony and the reception. We love Libby and Chef Ron! They were very helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process. They were honest about experiences they previously had with vendors and that meant a lot to us.

worked out!

Reviewed on 2/06/2012 Donovan F

cant beat the price on base for a beautful location. beach was a perfect weather for January. The tables and everything look great! If your budgeting, the venue to the food expenses were great. The vendors were patient and helpful most of the time. Sometimes it took too long for a response, but our requests/questions eventually got answered. 4 stars for the service + venue + price! Couldnt beat it anywhere! They accomodated all our changes along the way to help it work out.

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 11/21/2011 Rachel B

This place is perfect for a bride on a budget. they take care of all the food and service too. Beautiful inside and out and some decorations are included. Definitely worth looking into!

Wonderful Night

Reviewed on 11/14/2011 Holly D

I had an evening wedding reception here and it turned out to be wonderful! Everything was lovely and the staff amazing! Libby, the Manager did everything in her power to even calm me down the days before the wedding and never tired of answering my questions. Would definatly tell my friends to do it here. Also- the total cost was WELL under 5,000! WONDERFUL!

Very Satisfied!

Reviewed on 11/02/2011 Kimberly K

I am very pleased with the overall venue. The food was absolutely amazing. I had a plated dinner, and the servers were a bit confused about my seating chart/meal cards...and unfortunately no one asked questions to confirm. Other than that, everything else went smoothly. All the tables (ie: gift, cake, dj, etc) were set up for us, they put out our centerpieces (which I created), our place settings and our guest party favors without hesitation or complaints. I really appreciate everything that Libby and Rachael did for our special day!

If I had more $ I would choose another location

Reviewed on 9/27/2011 Heather S

The view and private beach and cost of food is the reason we chose this spot.I was never thanked one time for our business. I had to call each and every time I had a question. I was never told anything unless I asked the specific question. Perhaps the Government facility should have either a template of what exactly they expect from their client or not accept non Military paying customers. Getting on base for most was fine. The food was good. The cost of Alcohol and linens were high however THE GOOD. It was convenient and you paid for it and they accomodated for what we requested within their means. An employee was accused of taking a camera and I never knew about it or was talked to about it by the employee Manager after the Wedding event. The police were called but my Family and Husband kept me away from the drama. The camera later showed up in a place that was said to have been searched before. I am told by guests that they had a good time and so did I, Fantastic actually and it is a long walk to beach for a beach ceremony. So with that be prepared with questions before hand if this is your first Wedding. Otherwise they were generally polite and pleasant to guests as well as the paying Groom and myself the Bride. For the cost overall, you may want to double check around. It all just depends on what you want. We certainly enjoyed the evening just not the process of dealing with them before hand. Rachel is the assistant and was very pleasant that evening if she had a question to us or vice verse.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 8/05/2011 Mallory M

Ocean Breeze did an excellent job for my reception. The center pieces were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was so helpful. My only complaints would be that we ask for specific placements of the bar. We did not want several stations throughout, rather just one main bar. I was assured this would be taken car of but at my reception i had four bar stations.

Excellent place for the price!

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Alysen G

Ocean Breeze was a perfect place for an affordable wedding near the beach. As a future Navy wife I was happy to have our wedding on the base. Food was delicious and the service was wonderful.

loved

Reviewed on 6/09/2011 Amanda B

The day of the wedding they made sure that the Bride and Groom were taken care of. The set up was beautiful for both the ceremony and reception. They are very accomadating; they even set up some tables in another room for the kids to play in during the reception (though the kids danced all night). Everything was perfect! We had a pasta buffet as our dish, it wasn't some ordinary buffet they sauted the food with the selected sauce.

TO Ocean Breeze Training & Conference Center