Ocean City Yacht Club by Nobil On The Bay

Ocean City, NJ

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located on the Great Egg Harbor Bay in Ocean City, New Jersey and offering to-be-weds exemplary food and the tradition of yachting, the Ocean City Yacht Club offers a captivating setting for ocean-goers on their special day. Hosting wedding ceremonies and receptions in the grandeur of architectural style, water and blue skies, the setting is one that is spectacular for a wedding celebration. Enjoy remarkable sunset views from the waterfront deck at cocktail hour or greet all guests yacht-style as you descend from the waters. The Ocean City Yacht Club offers to-be-weds the following space options to host wedding celebrations:

Banquet Facility. This space includes panoramic bay view windows with space for 220 seated guests and a dance floor for that first dance and plenty of lively celebration. The Banquet Facility at the Ocean City Yacht Club offers an ideal space for nearly any style of wedding.

Ceremonies by the Bay. Calming waters and beautiful skies and sunsets offer a romantic backdrop to say "I do." Ceremonies by the bay provide a setting of captivating beauty, ideal for those special moments.

With coastal cuisine prepared by the exclusive in-house catering team and weddings customized to the couple's wishes, to-be-weds have a venue at the Ocean City Yacht Club that caters to their likes to create a truly special event. Packages include linen napkins and tablecloths in a variety of colors. Chair covers are offered at an additional charge. The venue provides tables, glasses and ice for bar and alcohol beverages. However, couples are responsible for providing all alcoholic beverages and professional bartenders. Ocean City does not allow the sale of alcoholic beverages; however, when hosting a private function, alcoholic beverages can be served.

Events are scheduled for a four-hour time frame. Additional time can be added at a charge. The venue supplies a wedding cake or desserts at an additional charge. The Ocean City Yacht Club does not permit smoking within the venue. To reserve a date, couples must sign a contract that specifies the date and time of the event and include a deposit. The venue requires a payment for 50 percent of the cost of the event 60 days prior to the event date. The remainder of the cost is due one week prior to the event date.

With the talent and expertise of the event coordinator and banquet manager, couples can relax that their wedding is under control. The venue offers to-be-weds exemplary cuisine and impeccable services on their wedding day along with the following extra perks:

• Event planner
  • Bridal suite with adjacent outdoor porch
  • Nearby accommodations

A Unique Wedding Experience!

Experience your social hour on the waterfront deck just steps from the bay, followed by delectable coastal cuisine and dance the night away on our large hardwood dance floor in our spacious dining room. Enjoy panoramic bay view windows.

Waterfront, Cruise, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

100 Bay Road, Ocean City, NJ (609) 457-7112

Beautiful venue, accommodating staff

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Noel D

Working with Chris and Bill made wedding planning fun and easy. They are very accommodating and have a helpful, friendly staff. They were available for any questions and alway emailed us back promptly. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We opted for the taste of... Read More the boardwalk dessert table as well as Manco & Manco pizza at the end of the night...which was a huge hit!! The view was outstanding, especially the sunset. Every little detail came together perfectly.

A Special Place

Reviewed on 4/24/2014

Recently hosted our wedding reception at the OCYC and it was amazing. Our day/evening turned out spectacular, however, even if it rained, it would still have been delightful. The views are wonderful and changed throughout the evening. People were able to go inside and out... Read More enjoying both areas. The food was delicious and plentiful. The waitstaff were pleasant and professional. Bill and Chris were great to work with in planning and executing all that we wanted. Everyone had a great time and I only hope that we get invited to an event at the OCYC in the future.

Amazing, down to the last detail!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 jennifer s

This has been my dream place to have my wedding reception since I was young enough to remember, and I knew the second I stepped in (despite the construction and devastation from Hurricane Sandy), that my dreams would absolutely come true. Bill, Chris, and Erin were there every... Read More step of the way, and really took the time to get to know my vision. The Yacht Club was absolutely breathtaking, the staff was fabulous and attentive, and the sunset was picture perfect. The guests enjoyed being on the water, and the photo ops were out of this world! I cannot say enough good about the beautiful Ocean City Yacht Club. They made my dreams come true!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Amanda T

Everything was wonderful...despite a little rain. Everything went very smoothly from even from our very first meeting. The day was easy too! From the set up to our private area upstairs through dinner and all the dancing! It was the happiest day!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Jess R

I just got married on October 21st and the Ocean City Yacht Club was the most perfect venue. When we started looking this was our first stop, after that I fell in love and was basically forced to look at one more venue so I went and wasn't feeling it because I just wanted to... Read More have it at the yacht club. So we did! From the beginning Chris and Bill were so nice and so helpful through the whole process. They made everything so easy and stress free. When we we arrived for our wedding weekend we stopped by the club and it looked amazing even before it was completely set up. We held rehearsal the day before with Bill and it was easy. The wedding day went by without any issues, it looked beautiful and everyone was telling me how much they loved everything. The food was AMAZING (highly recommend the raspberry brie if available). I would recommend this venue over and over, if you are thinking about having your wedding here, do it!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Mary Ellen D

From the moment we walked into the OCYC, we knew that was the perfect place for us. The venue is elegant yet unpretentious and the sunset views from the bay are absolutely priceless. The planning process with Bill and Chris was extremely easy. No matter how many emails I sent... Read More Chris, she always responded quickly and never got bothered by all my questions :) Jane was our wedding coordinator the day of our wedding and she did an amazing job ensuring everything ran smoothly. The food from Nobil on The Bay was delicious and beautifully prepared and the service was impeccable. Thank you for making our special day so perfect!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Amy S

We visited the yacht club on a rainy Saturday and fell in love. Even through the rain the view was breathtaking. Working with Chris and Bill was a pleasure. They had wonderful suggestions that seamlessly built upon our vision. The day of the wedding was perfect in every way,... Read More the fabulous appetizers, dinner and gorgeous sunset! All of our guests are still raving about the most wonderful wedding. We can't wait to be invited to an event at the Ocean City Yacht Club! Amy & Michael

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Meagan B

We had our wedding just a few weeks ago and it literally was EXACTLY what I had in mind! Chris and Bill were helpful with any questions that I had, but I was able to have the freedom I wanted in choosing linens, rentals, setup etc. Everything went smoothly the night of.... Read More People were RAVING about the food--we had chosen the filet mignon and the eastern shore tilapia. I had several people mention that the steak was cooked extremely well (which is a rarity at weddings--often hard for the food to be cooked properly for that many people). We opted to do the raw bar during cocktail hour which I also highly recommend-people couldn't get enough of it. We rented a tent outside as a security blanket for bad weather and even though the weather was perfect, guests really enjoyed having a place to hang outside by the water. I highly recommend the OCYC if you're looking for the Jersey Shore feel that we were! Thank you, Bill & Chris!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lindsay N

The yacht club was perfect. Everything was seamless start to finish. Chris and Bill handled everything and it was extremely low stress. The setting was beautiful, the food was wonderful, and the staff were top notch. I wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kate A

Ocean city yacht club is the best kept secret in south jersey. They were so accomadating. When the weather forecast showed a storm coming right for us they reassured us everything would be okay and they were right. It was a perfect summer day. Every single one of our guest raved... Read More about the venue and the food. Our day was everything we dreamed of and more Thanks to Bill and Chris and the rest of the staff at OCYC!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Kelly L

My husband and I had our reception at the OCYC in June 2016 and it was seriously the best night of our lives! Bill and Chris couldn't have been more helpful in the planning and the day-of services. During planning Bill was very flexible with what we wanted to do, he knew our... Read More vendors well and I didn't need to worry about a thing. Chris was the day-of wedding coordinator and had constant communication with my husband and I throughout the entire reception. When I showed up on the day of the wedding everything was perfect. I had a lot of wedding decor and a ton to set-up onsite the day before so I was so relived everything was spot on! The venue is beautiful and spacious, it's worth every penny for the sunset photos. We chose two entrees (filet and salmon) and all of the hot appetizers we went with were to die for. I think compared to some other venues in the area, the price is comparable but the setting and service can't be beat! So many of our guests commented this this was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. I would definitely recommend the OCYC and Nobil On The Bay catering!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Cyndi P

Wow! Where should I begin. My husband and I got married at Ocean City Yacht Club on May 13th 2016. They were so easy to work with, professional, reasonable and the food was delicious! Our guests kept raving about how yummy their meal was. We would highly recommend Ocean City... Read More Yacht Club!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Barbara D

Beautiful wedding. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious and service excellent.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Rebecca A

Honestly, we cannot say enough wonderful things about Nobil on the Bay at the OC yacht club. We knew we wanted to have our wedding there the moment we walked in the front door. The location and venue is beautiful. That is evident as soon as you pull up. Beauty can be found at... Read More other venues, but Nobil on the Bay catapulted the OC yacht club to an entirely different level. The experience was fantastic from start to finish. Bill, Chris, and Norm are incredibly helpful and informative. They know exactly what it takes to make your wedding not only incredible, but unique. They listened and offered helpful advice. Never once did we feel pushed in a direction. They reminded us of things we hadn't even thought of and suggested ways to make our day run smoothly. They are professionals, kind, and fun (all have great sense of humors which really helps if you find yourself stressed). For the wedding tasting, we brought both of our families there and made a night of it. Beforehand, you will sit down with Bill and go over preliminary details (scheduling, other vendors, food choice, etc). They had a table set up already with our tablecloth, overlay, and napkin requests so we could get an idea of what it would look like on the big day. This is what truly makes them standout. They make every effort to bring what you envision to life. The tasting night is so much fun, absolutely bring your families there (and wine). It's a really great time, almost a practice run. The chef even came out to chat. As we approached the big day, both Bill and Chris were extremely helpful in fine tuning the details. Both are attentive and responsive. We went the morning before the wedding to drop off decorations (bathroom baskets, memorial table pictures, table placecards, etc). I told them what I wanted and they executed in a way that was beyond. Thank God they did it and not me! Chris (and company) took my paltry ideas and made them into something to write home about. Now let's talk the big day. Sure, some would say we are partial because it was our wedding, but no, it was fan-freaking-tastic. The girls all dressed in the "captains quarters" which is a huge room upstairs complete with high top tables, bathroom, bar,and balcony. There is a woman(so sorry, but I can't remember her name)who is basically the maestro of the day. As soon as we arrived, she was there to ask if I need anything and had my favorite drink already in hand (my girl!). She will communicate with you the entire day and night ensuring that you know exactly what's going on and providing anything you need. She is professional, attentive, caring, and helpful. I never once wanted for anything because she was right there the entire time. We did a first look on the balcony. If you are interested in that, the balcony is a perfect place to do so. The photo ops are insane and once again, Nobil was right there making everything beautiful. We had our ceremony offsite and arrived at the Yacht Club about 25 minutes after the cocktail hour began.Guess who was outside to greet us and direct us properly so the guests did not inadvertently see us before the formal announcements? Bill!He ushered us upstairs where a bar was stocked and appetizers were waiting.Now let's move on to the food: come hungry.Risotto balls, steak skewers, clams casino will knock your socks off.I'm running out of space so I'll move on to entrees. MPerfectly timed and delicious! We HIGHLY recommend them! You will enjoy EVERY step leading to your day!!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Denise C

I had my wedding at the Ocean City Yacht Club on 9/16/16. It truly was a perfect night and it was all thanks to Bill, Chris, and the entire staff. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect day from start to finish. It truly was incredible and exceeded all expectations!!... Read More Cocktail hour included not only passed hor d'oeuvres but a beautiful raw bar! The main entree of surf and turf was absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection. To top off the night, Chris and Bill coordinated Manco & Manco's pizza be served to guests towards the end of the night. Everyone was raving about how good the food was and how beautiful the yacht club was! The sunset views from the bay are absolutely priceless. From the very start of the wedding planning process Bill and Chris had been extremely laid back, relaxed, and very easy to work with. They are just genuinely kind and caring individuals who really want to help make your wedding the absolute best. Jane was the "day of" wedding coordinator and did an amazing job ensuring everything ran smoothly. Bill, Chris, Jane, and the entire Yacht Club staff are the definition of true professionals and my husband and I along with our family and friends will definitely be talking about how wonderful our wedding was for a long long time!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016

The Ocean City Yacht Club provided the perfect setting for our daughter's recent wedding. From the decor, cocktail hour and fabulous dinner to the magnificent sunset, we received such rave reviews from all of our guests. In addition, Bill, Chris, and all of the staff were so... Read More easy to work with and made the day so stress free and beautiful. Thank you for making Tim and Denise's wedding such a magical day.

Reviewed on 4/30/2016

"Memories made on the beach last a lifetime." From the first hello Nobil Catering created an unforgettable start to our children's marriage. The detailed execution of a perfect day was carefree in the attentive hands of Bill, Chris and their staff. The timing of the ceremony,... Read More the delicious food, the photographs at sunset on the bay, the music, beverages, recommended transportation... were all discreetly choreographed. The common thread of the guests was; "This is the best wedding I've ever been to." The Ocean City Yacht Club is a spectacular venue!

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Bizzie D

The OCYC is very easy to work with and flexible. I found this out during my wedding which was during a hurricane! Bill, Chris and Jane were so accommodating switching plans last minute, our guests didn't even notice. The food is great and the ambiance makes for the perfect... Read More place to hold a wedding reception. By far the easiest vendor to work with throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 3/27/2016 Kristin C

We had a fantastic time working with the Yacht Club. Bill and Chris were on always on top of our planning and easy to get in touch with, letting us know exactly what planning steps were needed and when. They catered to any of our special requests and made our wedding enjoyable... Read More and worry-free. Not only was the food delicious and perfectly to ours and our guests' taste, the atmosphere was calm and relaxed, the room was more than spacious enough for our 85 guests, and we are still hearing compliments on their fantastic work months later!

Reviewed on 3/21/2016

My daughter and son-in-law looked at a number of venues when they got engaged - looking for the perfect location to hold their reception. The minute they stepped into the Ocean City Yacht Club they knew that that was the place. The location was perfect, the setting was... Read More picturesque and Nobil on the Bay were awesome to work with. What could have been a daunting process was made easy and enjoyable by the owner operators of Nobil on the Bay. With plenty of options to select from as it related to food, decorations, seating options, timing and many other details that newly engaged couples (and parents) do not even think to consider, Nobil on the Bay had it all there and at all times were easy to work with and most importantly responsive to our requests. I would and have highly recommended the Ocean City Yacht Club by Nobil on the Bay to my friends and family as a venue of choice.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jessica H

Our wedding was amazing! Working with Bill and Chris was great! Our friends are still talking about our cocktail hour raw bar! If you are getting married in Ocean City this is definitely the place to go.

Ocean City Yacht Club Nautical Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Emily W

My wedding was truly perfect at the Ocean City Yacht Club. From booking the date through the day-of Chris and Bill were always available to help and guide us through the process with ease and exceptional advise and expertise. The recent renovations provided the perfect... Read More atmosphere and the yacht club gives you freedom with making it your own. They work we'll with outside vendors and have a great list of recommendations that we used and were so easy to work with since they have done many events at the space already. Nobil catering was also fantastic, we went with prime rib and tilapia as food choices and our guests had rave reviews. Our guests were blown away with the view of the bay and the pictures are amazing. I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a nautical venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We had our reception at the ocean city yacht club on October 2, 2015. On Tuesday of that week weather reports started saying a hurricane was heading right towards us!!! So there was a little panick but Chris and Bill, from the yacht club, put us both at ease, they told us what... Read More to say to our guests and vendors. Our wedding couldn't have turned out better!!! I think the weather even made the night better because once everyone was there safe, everyone was ready to have a great time. A great time was what the yacht club provided we have had tons of people say "that was the best wedding they have ever been to". "The food was the best they ever had at a wedding." "I can't believe they could send out that many filets and they were all cooked perfectly!" Place was beautiful, food was fantastic, and atmosphere was amazing would recommend this place to anyone!!!

An Incredible Day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was held at the Ocean City Yacht Club on October 2 this year during in the midst of a nor'easter/tropical storm/hurricane! Chris and Bill and their staff were wonderful - reassuring, professional, warm and caring - they went above and beyond to... Read More make this a day to remember. The food was exceptional and the room beautifully decorated! The separate upstairs bridal suite had appetizers and drinks ready for the bridal party as they ran in from the wind and rain. So many of our guests commented that this was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. My daughter and her new husband certainly felt it was the best.

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Meg A

We had an amazing wedding at the yacht club. Everything from the tables, food, to the service was amazing. When we arrived everything had been set up and looked wonderful. We were especially lucky by getting an amazing sunset, which helped to make the venue even more amazing.... Read More The banquet manager (I forget her name) kept everything running smoothly and efficiently. We had an amazing time. Memories to last a lifetime. We have received many many compliments on the yacht club. Would recommend to anyone!