Ocean City Yacht Club by Nobil On The Bay

Ocean City, NJ

A Unique Wedding Experience!

Experience your social hour on the waterfront deck just steps from the bay, followed by delectable coastal cuisine and dance the night away on our large hardwood dance floor in our spacious dining room. Enjoy panoramic bay view windows.

Guest Capacity

Waterfront, Cruise, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

100 Bay Road, Ocean City, NJ

Beautiful venue, accommodating staff

Reviewed on 5/14/2014 Noel D

Working with Chris and Bill made wedding planning fun and easy. They are very accommodating and have a helpful, friendly staff. They were available for any questions and alway emailed us back promptly. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We opted for the taste of... Read More the boardwalk dessert table as well as Manco & Manco pizza at the end of the night...which was a huge hit!! The view was outstanding, especially the sunset. Every little detail came together perfectly.

2014-08-15T15:56:15 Response from , the member

Hi! I'm looking into having my wedding here at the OCYC next Fall and was wondering how many people you had at your wedding. I have a big family, so I'm worried the venue may be to small for a wedding of 200. Thanks! -C

A Special Place

Reviewed on 4/24/2014

Recently hosted our wedding reception at the OCYC and it was amazing. Our day/evening turned out spectacular, however, even if it rained, it would still have been delightful. The views are wonderful and changed throughout the evening. People were able to go inside and out... Read More enjoying both areas. The food was delicious and plentiful. The waitstaff were pleasant and professional. Bill and Chris were great to work with in planning and executing all that we wanted. Everyone had a great time and I only hope that we get invited to an event at the OCYC in the future.

2014-08-15T15:56:59 Response from , the member

Amazing, down to the last detail!

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 jennifer s

This has been my dream place to have my wedding reception since I was young enough to remember, and I knew the second I stepped in (despite the construction and devastation from Hurricane Sandy), that my dreams would absolutely come true. Bill, Chris, and Erin were there every... Read More step of the way, and really took the time to get to know my vision. The Yacht Club was absolutely breathtaking, the staff was fabulous and attentive, and the sunset was picture perfect. The guests enjoyed being on the water, and the photo ops were out of this world! I cannot say enough good about the beautiful Ocean City Yacht Club. They made my dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jessica H

Our wedding was amazing! Working with Bill and Chris was great! Our friends are still talking about our cocktail hour raw bar! If you are getting married in Ocean City this is definitely the place to go.

Ocean City Yacht Club Nautical Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Emily W

My wedding was truly perfect at the Ocean City Yacht Club. From booking the date through the day-of Chris and Bill were always available to help and guide us through the process with ease and exceptional advise and expertise. The recent renovations provided the perfect... Read More atmosphere and the yacht club gives you freedom with making it your own. They work we'll with outside vendors and have a great list of recommendations that we used and were so easy to work with since they have done many events at the space already. Nobil catering was also fantastic, we went with prime rib and tilapia as food choices and our guests had rave reviews. Our guests were blown away with the view of the bay and the pictures are amazing. I highly recommend this venue for anyone looking for a nautical venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

We had our reception at the ocean city yacht club on October 2, 2015. On Tuesday of that week weather reports started saying a hurricane was heading right towards us!!! So there was a little panick but Chris and Bill, from the yacht club, put us both at ease, they told us what... Read More to say to our guests and vendors. Our wedding couldn't have turned out better!!! I think the weather even made the night better because once everyone was there safe, everyone was ready to have a great time. A great time was what the yacht club provided we have had tons of people say "that was the best wedding they have ever been to". "The food was the best they ever had at a wedding." "I can't believe they could send out that many filets and they were all cooked perfectly!" Place was beautiful, food was fantastic, and atmosphere was amazing would recommend this place to anyone!!!

An Incredible Day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015

My daughter's wedding reception was held at the Ocean City Yacht Club on October 2 this year during in the midst of a nor'easter/tropical storm/hurricane! Chris and Bill and their staff were wonderful - reassuring, professional, warm and caring - they went above and beyond to... Read More make this a day to remember. The food was exceptional and the room beautifully decorated! The separate upstairs bridal suite had appetizers and drinks ready for the bridal party as they ran in from the wind and rain. So many of our guests commented that this was one of the best weddings they had ever been to. My daughter and her new husband certainly felt it was the best.

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Meg A

We had an amazing wedding at the yacht club. Everything from the tables, food, to the service was amazing. When we arrived everything had been set up and looked wonderful. We were especially lucky by getting an amazing sunset, which helped to make the venue even more amazing.... Read More The banquet manager (I forget her name) kept everything running smoothly and efficiently. We had an amazing time. Memories to last a lifetime. We have received many many compliments on the yacht club. Would recommend to anyone!

Wonderful Reception!

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

My daughter, Lisa Parker-Russell was married at the Ocean City YC on 5/30/15. Nobil was the caterer. They did a great job! They were very effective working with my daughter in planning the evening food and drink. They were great with the bridal party ensuring the reception... Read More events went smoothly. The food was very good, served very quickly to our 170 guest. Their coordinator, Jane, checked with my wife and me many tomes during the evening to insure we were OK and if we needed anything. Just a great day, I would say to Nobil and their staff - Job well done! Thanks, John & Eleanor Parker

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Nicole D

Thank you to Chris and Bill for making our day great. We had a cocktail style reception and it was perfect. The food delicious! We had about 190 guests and everyone had a wonderful time. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, and the sunsets on the bay cannot be beat. For our... Read More guests who are not dancers the deck/dock was a great option for them to sit and relax. We recommend OCYC to anyone looking for an awesome venue down the shore!

A beautiful, relaxed setting at the shore

Reviewed on 10/15/2015

The Ocean City Yacht Club offers a beautiful venue on the bay and leaves no details untouched for your special event. Nowhere else on the island will you find waterfront accommodations of this caliber. My husband and I celebrated our wedding here years ago and guests still... Read More rave about the venue, food and service. The staff is easy to work with and truly helped to make it a night to remember. Thank you OCYC!

Ocean City Yacht Club = Amazing Time for Everyone!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Molly O

I cannot say enough good things about the Ocean City Yacht Club! We loved working with the people there, and we received SO MANY complements on the venue from our guests. We met with Chris (event coordinator of OCYC) and Bill (head chef for Nobil) about 13 months before our... Read More wedding to take a look at the venue, and we absolutely fell in love with it! The atmosphere is perfect for a shore wedding, and the place is beautiful. We knew immediately that this was the place! Working with Bill and Chris over the next year was such a fun experience. They both were extremely helpful, and answered all of my crazy questions (I can be a bit of an over planner). Anything we needed done, they were more than happy to help us out. They also had SO MANY contacts around Ocean City, that we were easily able to find an amazing cake maker, hairdresser, officiant (OCNJ Mayor!), DJ, transportation company, hotel, and alcohol provider through their recommendations and contacts. By choosing the OCYC, it felt like our wedding just planned itself! The venue is just beautiful, and has that great shore vibe. We had to do minimal decorations as you really want the room to speak for itself. Chris set up some great twinkle lights and fabric on the stairs that added an air of elegance, and the flowers and shell decorations by our florist were a great finishing touch. The food was so delicious! We had so many great compliments on the appetizers, main courses, and dessert buffet. We did the dinner buffet, and it was a huge hit. The chicken and mushroom dish that Bill does was my personal favorite! The price was very affordable. It was much less than other venues in OCNJ, AC, and Cape May, but it felt very luxurious. There was definitely a lot of "bang for your buck" at this venue. I could go on for days listing all of the great ways that Bill, Chris, and the OCYC made our wedding amazing. One of the best decisions we made was choosing this venue. I HIGHLY recommend checking it out if you would like to do a wedding at the shore. Thanks for everything, Bill, Chris, and everyone at the OCYC!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Christine O

The Ocean City Yacht Club is a more than a perfect venue to hold a wedding reception. I was a guest at a wedding in May of 2015 and enjoyed absolutely everything from the fabulous food, attentive service and the most spectacular water view. You can't go wrong having your wedding... Read More reception at the Ocean City Yacht Club!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Kate G

Chris and Bill were fantastic to work with! My sister got married this past Saturday and everything was spectacular. I was pretty hands on in the planning and both Chris and Bill respond promptly and efficiently to emails and had great ideas for us. They also had great... Read More recommendations for other vendors they have worked with in the past. Even on the day of, they were super accommodating to all of our needs and some last minute changes. They also were not afraid to tell us what ideas would not work, which I think is just as important as telling us what has worked in the past. Chris especially knows the room layout options well and has great suggestions on linens, colors, dj placement, etc. Bill's food was excellent, and he also handled all the alcohol orders, which was one less thing for the bride to worry about. I have a been a bridesmaid 22 times and a wedding guest as well - the OCYC is one of the best venues and the staff is one of the friendliest and most approachable I have ever worked with. Chris and Bill know their venue and city inside and out, and work flawlessly together. The room itself is gorgeous - amazing views of the water and a beautiful outdoor area on the bay for cocktail hour. There is also a captain's room that doubles as a bridal suite with a separate entrance, balcony over the bay, food, and bar for the bridal party to relax. It's a fun and energetic room with huge windows and a great staircase. We had 175 guests, which made the room feel cozy and intimate, but not jampacked. We would highly recommend the yacht club, Chris, and Bill. Feel free to contact me with any questions at [email protected] Happy planning!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

September 25, 2015 PERFECT! The best wedding ever are the words we are hearing over and over again from family and guests! Our Son and Daughter In Law's wedding, over the top great! The food was so nicely presented and delicious! The staff was so professional and helpful!... Read More The cocktail hour/reception was fabulous with some of the special Ocean City touches we added such as: Taste of the Boardwalk and a surprise snack of Manco and Manco pizza! Our guests were very impressed with it all! The vendors we used worked very closely with the Bill and Chris at the Yacht Club which made the reception a beautiful success! Thank you OCYC for making our special day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Lindsay G

From the moment we viewed the venue and met Bill, we knew we wanted to book our summer wedding there. The view of the bay is amazing and the venue is beautiful. With only one date available, we booked it immediately and are so thankful we did! We were planning a wedding from out... Read More of state but Bill and Chris made everything so easy for us-- they were friendly, accommodating, professional & so much fun to work with. Everything was outstanding and we couldn't have asked for a better day. We had so many compliments on the food and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. They arranged almost all of our rentals for us, we just told them what we wanted. We had a few problems with our florist (the one OCYC recommended was booked) the day of the wedding. Bill and Chris helped my Maid of Honor find another florist and helped solve the problem within an hour. At the end of the night, they packed everything up for us and loaded it into the cars they had to go in. Everyone was so helpful and very pleasant to work with. We couldn't have been happier! Highly recommend the filet mignon!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Rachel F

Bill and Chris were so fantastic throughout the entire planning process! They made all of our dreams come true!! Although we couldn't have our ceremony on the beach like we originally planned (due to weather conditions) they were able to set up a beautiful tent next to the yacht... Read More club with the bay as our background. Bill was so focused on making sure that we were stress-free and had time to breathe and look around and enjoy the day/night. I would recommend this to every single bride and her future husband who is looking for a stress-free, friendly, fun environment. I did not have to worry about one thing that was related to the venue and the food. If I had the ability to give 10 stars, I would give 11!! Thank you for making our dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Susan R

Our Wedding on September 12th, 2015 was the third encounter with Bill McGinnity and The Ocean City Yacht Club, the last one before our wedding being a 125 person buffet dinner for my parent's 50th anniversary. We had 155 people for a sit down filet and crab cake... Read More dinner...spectacular, delicious, easy, awesome, stress free- I could go on and on. Bill and Chris are just purely great people to work with- Right at the beginning Bill said to me (I'm not a young bride- I have four grown kids) you don't need a wedding planner- I got this... you will never know if there is any problem, in the kitchen, with the band, running out of drinks- I'll fix it. He delivered. It was the best night imaginable. They have a list of vendors on their website, each one is thrilled to work there and has nothing but great things to say about working with Bill and Chris, all of the ones we used were professional, reasonable, prompt, we could not have been happier. I thought it was perfect, and so did all of our guests. They truly make everything easy.. no matter how many times you change your mind about the table covers etc.. The food speaks for itself- it's great served in a timely fashion so that the filet was cooked perfectly was warm and the vegetables were great- I can't say enough. I already told Bill that I wish I had another reason to throw another party there. I am so grateful for their incredible venue and service.

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 John R

My wife and I had the time of our lives at the Ocean City Yacht Club! It was a perfect night and we were so happy with all the details! The night was seamless! Bill, Chris, and Sandy were such a pleasure to work with and the food was FANTASTIC!!!

Dream Wedding Venue in South Jersey!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Lisa P

The Ocean City Yacht Club is the best shore wedding site in all of South Jersey! The venue has beautiful decor and with gorgeous water views you can't have anything but a dream wedding! We just got married there and we had guests all night raving to us about the food, service,... Read More and venue! Everyone told us that we wouldn't have time to eat at our wedding, however they treated us like kings and queens. I couldn't get enough of the delicious appetizers to the perfectly cooked surf 'n' turf meal to complete our seashore destination wedding! The night was perfection!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Ele P

This was a wonderful venue and the staff and food was fabulous!! Everyone was just amazed at how good the food was and how beautiful everything was.

Ocean city yacht club

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Margaret K

We cannot say enough about the entire venue. Everything went really smooth and the staff were exceptionally attentive the entire night. The food was the best and everyone raved about it. You cannot beat the view. Our wedding was in Sept. so we were able to be outside for the... Read More sunset. We really recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Liz K

Not even sure where to start! First off my wedding was 9/27/14... Couldn't wait to come back and pass the word along about the yacht club! Working with Chris and Bill was awesome. Both very easy going people and willing to help you create your dream wedding. The atmosphere at... Read More the yacht club is also so unique. Full windows overlooking the bay is just the start of everything the club has to offer. Makes you feel like you are down the shore, which is the look we were going for. All our guests loved the ability to go out on the dock as they pleased. We couldn't have had a more beautiful sunset either! Which by the way you can see from both inside and out! On to the food... There didn't seem to be any food left on people's plates. Everyone raved about the main course as well as the finger foods served at cocktail hour. There are so many options nobil offers for food and if it's not listed they are willing to customize your menu to your liking. I could not have asked for a better September wedding. All I keep hearing is "Best wedding we've ever been to!" It truly isn't your "typical wedding venue". Hats off to Bill and Chris. Couldn't have done it without you!!

Perfect Setting and amazing staff and food!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Maureen S

I would highly recommend the Yacht to any couple! We had a great experience!! To start, the planning process is very thorough and almost easy. Chris gets right back to your emails and Bill was my rock, he is always there to answer our phone calls and addressed all of our... Read More concerns. On the day of our wedding the staff was superb, especially Jane she was by our side making sure everything went smoothly. The food was delicious, all my guests raved about it! And finally you can't ask for a more perfect setting. The windows at the Yacht club allows you to look over the beautiful water and watch the sunset!!

Best Venue in South Jersey

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Maria C

I can't rave enough about how much we loved our wedding on 9/12/14 at the OCYC! We wanted a venue that wasn't a "wedding factory". The OCYC was very accommodating to all our requests. Bill and Chris are very knowledgeable and were available by email/phone at all times- I don't... Read More know how many brides they deal with a day, but I felt like I was the only one! It was recently updated and the decor is nautical, without being too much. The space doesn't need much else because it's so beautiful as is. A huge plus is being able to use the dock outside, where we took some of the most amazing sunset pictures!! The food was SPECTACULAR. We had Filet and Crab Cakes- my husband says the filet from our wedding "ruined" steaks for him since nothing can compare! I enjoyed the vegetarian meal and appreciated that it wasn't pasta with red sauce or something thrown together with leftover ingredients. Bill absolutely knows what he is doing and I don't have a single complaint about the food! We had 100 people and it felt like a good amount to me, although I know there are other rooms available to use for more people. We used the cake lady, Mary Lou, recommended by Bill and it made that aspect much simpler (and delicious!). I would love to attend another wedding here as a guest!