Ocean City Yacht Club by Nobil On The Bay

(29)

Ocean City, NJ

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

A Unique Wedding Experience!

Experience your social hour on the waterfront deck just steps from the bay, followed by delectable coastal cuisine and dance the night away on our large hardwood dance floor in our spacious dining room. Enjoy panoramic bay view windows.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Boat/Yacht

100 Bay Road, Ocean City, NJ

Beautiful venue, accommodating staff

4/26/2014 Noel D

Working with Chris and Bill made wedding planning fun and easy. They are very accommodating and have a helpful, friendly staff. They were available for any questions and alway emailed us back promptly. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it. We opted for the taste of the boardwalk dessert table as well as Manco & Manco pizza at the end of the night...which was a huge hit!! The view was outstanding, especially the sunset. Every little detail came together perfectly.

A Special Place

4/24/2014

Recently hosted our wedding reception at the OCYC and it was amazing. Our day/evening turned out spectacular, however, even if it rained, it would still have been delightful. The views are wonderful and changed throughout the evening. People were able to go inside and out enjoying both areas. The food was delicious and plentiful. The waitstaff were pleasant and professional. Bill and Chris were great to work with in planning and executing all that we wanted. Everyone had a great time and I only hope that we get invited to an event at the OCYC in the future.

Amazing, down to the last detail!

9/15/2013 jennifer s

This has been my dream place to have my wedding reception since I was young enough to remember, and I knew the second I stepped in (despite the construction and devastation from Hurricane Sandy), that my dreams would absolutely come true. Bill, Chris, and Erin were there every step of the way, and really took the time to get to know my vision. The Yacht Club was absolutely breathtaking, the staff was fabulous and attentive, and the sunset was picture perfect. The guests enjoyed being on the water, and the photo ops were out of this world! I cannot say enough good about the beautiful Ocean City Yacht Club. They made my dreams come true!

Ocean city yacht club

10/09/2014 Margaret K

We cannot say enough about the entire venue. Everything went really smooth and the staff were exceptionally attentive the entire night. The food was the best and everyone raved about it. You cannot beat the view. Our wedding was in Sept. so we were able to be outside for the sunset. We really recommend this venue.

BEST WEDDING EVER!

9/27/2014 Liz K

Not even sure where to start! First off my wedding was 9/27/14... Couldn't wait to come back and pass the word along about the yacht club! Working with Chris and Bill was awesome. Both very easy going people and willing to help you create your dream wedding. The atmosphere at the yacht club is also so unique. Full windows overlooking the bay is just the start of everything the club has to offer. Makes you feel like you are down the shore, which is the look we were going for. All our guests loved the ability to go out on the dock as they pleased. We couldn't have had a more beautiful sunset either! Which by the way you can see from both inside and out! On to the food... There didn't seem to be any food left on people's plates. Everyone raved about the main course as well as the finger foods served at cocktail hour. There are so many options nobil offers for food and if it's not listed they are willing to customize your menu to your liking. I could not have asked for a better September wedding. All I keep hearing is "Best wedding we've ever been to!" It truly isn't your "typical wedding venue". Hats off to Bill and Chris. Couldn't have done it without you!!

Perfect Setting and amazing staff and food!!

10/04/2014 Maureen S

I would highly recommend the Yacht to any couple! We had a great experience!! To start, the planning process is very thorough and almost easy. Chris gets right back to your emails and Bill was my rock, he is always there to answer our phone calls and addressed all of our concerns. On the day of our wedding the staff was superb, especially Jane she was by our side making sure everything went smoothly. The food was delicious, all my guests raved about it! And finally you can't ask for a more perfect setting. The windows at the Yacht club allows you to look over the beautiful water and watch the sunset!!

Best Venue in South Jersey

9/12/2014 Maria C

I can't rave enough about how much we loved our wedding on 9/12/14 at the OCYC! We wanted a venue that wasn't a "wedding factory". The OCYC was very accommodating to all our requests. Bill and Chris are very knowledgeable and were available by email/phone at all times- I don't know how many brides they deal with a day, but I felt like I was the only one! It was recently updated and the decor is nautical, without being too much. The space doesn't need much else because it's so beautiful as is. A huge plus is being able to use the dock outside, where we took some of the most amazing sunset pictures!! The food was SPECTACULAR. We had Filet and Crab Cakes- my husband says the filet from our wedding "ruined" steaks for him since nothing can compare! I enjoyed the vegetarian meal and appreciated that it wasn't pasta with red sauce or something thrown together with leftover ingredients. Bill absolutely knows what he is doing and I don't have a single complaint about the food! We had 100 people and it felt like a good amount to me, although I know there are other rooms available to use for more people. We used the cake lady, Mary Lou, recommended by Bill and it made that aspect much simpler (and delicious!). I would love to attend another wedding here as a guest!

OCYC Reception

9/13/2014 Kara B

The Ocean City Yacht Club is a unique and beautiful location. The views are spectacular (and it rained on our wedding)! We had 170 guests which fit perfectly, though I wouldn't recommend a higher guest count at this venue. We used the main room and the back room for tables and also had a tent off the side of the building for the bar/cocktail hour, which really opened the space. I was concerned that the dance floor would be small, but even with a band, it ended up being just the right size. The food was delicious. Bill and Chris honored all of my requests, including bringing in chivari chairs, coordinating the courses with the timeline that I arranged with the band, etc. If you want a non traditional (ie- not country club or ballroom), this venue is truly unique and beautiful. Chris and Bill are responsive and accommodating. We had an unforgettable evening!

We Love OCYC!

6/07/2014 Katie H

My husband Stephen and I were married at OCYC June 7, 2014. I am so, so beyond happy that we chose this for our reception venue. Bill and Chris were so wonderful, and made us feel comfortable, confident and worry-free on our most important day. They always answered my questions or emails in a timely, concise manner, and they handled everything perfectly from start to finish. I am a vegan, as are a few of my friends, and they were very accommodating to our dietary needs. Myself and my veggie guests agreed that it was the best vegan meal we have had. This was very important to me because often vegetarians and those with dietary constraints just get something thrown together as an afterthought. Not here! All of the food was fabulous, and our guests raved about the filet, the chicken princess, crab cakes and the coconut shrimp most of all! The view was BEYOND gorgeous, and the venue fit our 140 person wedding perfectly without using the side room. The bridal suite was fabulous, and a perfect size for our 24 person bridal party and their dates. We had the most perfect day, and I would choose OCYC over and over again. Happy Planning! Katie + Stephen

FABULOUS WEDDING!!

3/22/2014 Kim C

Our wedding was March 22, 2014. A beach wedding at the end of a very snowy winter. Bill and Chris helped us plan every detail... They walked us through organizing chairs for the beach, helped with creating a timeline, and gave supportive advice. This included finding the mayor five days before the wedding as the officiant (our minister became very sick and unable to perform the ceremony). Bill even attended the rehearsal to help reassure that everything ran smoothly. This was not asked, but just one example how the staff went well beyond the expected. The reception was fabulous! The hall was beautiful and organized perfectly with "our touches". Chris spent Friday and Saturday completing all the many small important details to personalize the venue. The location had an amazing sunset over the bay! Furthermore, the food was outstanding. Every person commented how delicious our appetizers and entrees were. The staff were courteous, friendly, and thoughtful throughout the whole evening. Bill, Chris, and their staff made our wedding beautiful, fun, and perfect.

So Happy With My Wedding Reception!

8/31/2014 Gillian L

The Ocean City Yacht Club was the perfect place to have my wedding reception. The venue is not only beautiful, but it is located right on the bay with beautiful sunset views and our caterer, Bill, and coordinator, Chris, were exceptional. they went above and beyond to make sure that the day went smoothly without any hitches. The event coordinator for the day, Nancy, was also amazing. She worked with us and our photographer to make sure that timing was perfect for pictures we wanted to take. I 100% recommend any engaged couple to use this venue for their wedding reception!

OCYC is the perfect shore wedding venue!

3/29/2014

I really can't imagine having had my March 29 2014 anywhere else besides the Yacht Club. It is elegant, the views are amazing, the service was wonderful and the food delicious. For dinner we had the roast prime rib and coconut tilapia and both were amazing - the hors d'oeuvres were equally great. Chris, Jane and Billy were all a pleasure to work with and made sure everything was executed perfectly. They're also fun people and genuinely cared about helping us put together the perfect event. If you are looking for a venue at the Jersey shore I don't think you can beat this one for price, quality of food and service and elegance. Thanks to the whole team at the yacht club for making our wedding so special.

Ocean City Yacht Club Makes Your Reception a Dream Come True!!

9/23/2014

Travel from wherever you are to use the OCYC --- it's that good.Bill and Chris, ably supported by their superb professional staff, will do everything within their power, and beyond :), to ensure your wedding will exceed perfection. My daughter's wedding there was amazing; food, service and ambiance all garnered raves from our guests. You will be amazed at the great experience you will have in Bill and Chris' very caring and experienced hands.

great venue

5/10/2014 courtney c

I had my wedding May 10, 2014 at OCYC - it turned out to be a beautiful day and the venue was even more beautiful! More than I could have asked for. Everyone loved the option to relax on the outside deck. I had guests complimenting how amazing the food was all night - apps were great, staff was attentive. We had a sushi guy for cocktail hour which the guests loved! Everything was perfect! Some advice - request for them to box your leftover cake. Also, I had Johnsons Popcorn for favors and I ended up taking a TON home - if I could do it over, I'd have asked that they put the favors out earlier. Other than that, no complaints! Bill was wonderful to work with and listened to every detail!

THE ABSOLUTE BEST!!!

5/31/2014 Tina S

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Ocean City Yacht Club this past Saturday. It was the best day of our lives, and we owe so much of that to the Yacht Club! From the moment we began planning to the end of the reception, Bill, Chris, Jean, and the entire Yacht Club staff was nothing but amazing. Not to mention the venue itself. The gorgeous room, the stunning views of the bay...It just doesn't get any better!! Bill and Chris were fabulous to work with. They were extremely accommodating and friendly and made everything for my family easy and assuring. Whenever we had a question, we got an instant response. We loved working with them! All of our guests are still raving about the menu. From the appetizers to the entrees and dessert, everyone was saying it was the best meal they ever had. The staff and bartenders got the food and drinks served fast and they were so friendly. They had everyone out on the dance floor before we knew it! We opted for the Taste of the Boardwalk dessert table, as well as having Manco and Manco Pizza served later in the night, and our guests were just blown away by these little "at the shore" touches the Yacht Club has to offer! I can only hope we have a chance to attend another wedding at the Yacht Club in the future. It truly is the best!!!! I cannot wait to see the beautiful sunset pictures we got out on the docks of the bay!!

NO THANKS!!!

9/08/2013 michelle c

My wedding was in Sept 2013. I first looked and signed a contract at OCYC in Sept 2012 (before Hurricane Sandy). After the Hurricane hit, the OCYC needed to be completely redone. Unfortunately this meant that the entire place changed. Most of the venue was done nicely except for the horrible chairs that were in a crimson red color. When we spoke with the banquet manger-Bill about the chairs he simply stated that we could purchase the chair covers from him, but had no other option. We met with Bill several weeks before the wedding to go over all the options and have our tasting. The tasting went very well. The day before the wedding we brought all the supplies to OCYC including are wedding favors (Johnson's Popcorn). I explained that I wanted to have the favors brought to the tables after the cake was served and was told that I was not allowed to have them brought out because it might damage the carpet if people dropped popcorn on the carpet. The actual wedding seemed to be going well. Then the salad was served. There is only 2 salads to choose from (spring mix or caesar), we choose ceasar. And to my surprise the sprig mix was served. Next was the main entrée. I had the grouper which was completely over cooked-different from the tasting. So now I have had virtually noting to eat since 8 AM on my wedding day. And to top it off, OCYC never put out the wedding favors as promised, as we went home with 300$ worth of caramel popcorn. Please note that the banquet manager is in charge of virtually everything and will try to nickel and dime you for everything you ask for. We choose the OCYC based on the location. I have since regretted the money that was spent on OCYC and wished we went to CAPE MAY!

Amazing views, setting, and food!

6/15/2013 jamie s

Bill and Chris were absolutely amazing. Both were very helpful and made my day go flawless. The setting at the yacht club is breathtaking and a perfect backdrop to celebrate the most important day of your life. Throughout my wedding planning, Bill was always there quickly and promptly to answer all of my questions. He also helped to keep my mom calm and collective. He listens to your vision and budget to help plan out your day. In addition to the breathtaking setting (which has just been remodeled), the food is delicious. It taste like you are at gourmet restaurant and does not taste like normal wedding food. I wish I could get married all over again just so I can relive the amazing time we had at the Yacht club and have time to appreciate all of the extras.

Beautiful Wedding

5/31/2013 Lauren E

We had our wedding at the Yacht Club this summer and it was the best day of our lives!!! The yacht club was amazing and it was the perfect sunny day to enjoy on the bay!! The yacht club looked beautiful and it was newly redone due to the hurricane and it looked even more beautiful than when we booked it!! There are new bathrooms, a new room for the bar, and new lights, fixtures, windows, window treatments, dance floor, ect.!! The views on the bay are breathtaking!! Everyone was so helpful and nice. Everything turned out wonderful!! The food is so delicious!! It is the perfect place to have a wedding as you can enjoy your day/night in doors or outside on the gorgeous patio/docks!! I highly recommend it!!! -Lauren

BEST BEACH WEDDING VENUE EVER!!!

5/21/2011 Jill R

Our wedding day was exactly as we imagined: a laid back celebration with our closest friends and family and major dance party! Bill and his crew made our dream wedding happen. Every other venue we looked at had limited options and it cost an arm and a leg for any changes we wanted to make. At the OCYC, we were able to plan our reception from beginning to end, without almost any restrictions. We didn't want buffet or sit down dinners. Bill gave us an amazing cocktail hour on the deck and a cocktail-style dinner to follow with DELICIOUS food and PERFECT service. We wanted everyone mingling, dancing, and enjoying themselves the entire time. The balcony was a great spot for the DJ, the bridal suite was so nice but you didn't feel separated from the other guests, we saved a TON of money on liquor using Circle Liquors, and we used every square inch to get everyone in there and you would have NO clue it was packed to the gills in there! Our non-traditional wedding could not have been done anywhere else and we are SO grateful for the OCYC, Bill, and everyone who made our night PERFECT!!!

The Whole Package

4/23/2011 Liz H

From beginning to end, OCYC and its staff were attentive to every need. From the day we toured the venue to the day we got married, Bill and Christine always listened and made sure everything was perfect. The amazing view of the bay can't be beat and the food choices were phenomenal. We especially liked that Bill knew we wanted to maximize our time on the dance floor and we did just that! Our friends and family are still talking about our wedding!

Don't Stop Believing

6/08/2012 amy l

Chris and Bill are very accessible and easy to work with.... be sure to tell them what you want and they will help you get what ever it is you need... the facility cant be beat with the bay view and sunsets... If i didnt hold my ceremony at my home the dock here would have been my next choice just because of the views and it is so differnt then the beach. The food is spectacular! Bill knows what he is doing!! Be sure to plan the meal and sunset accordingly! Ourwedding was in June and the sunset was late, so we needed to hurry on sunset pictures in order to eat with enough time to DANCE! Overall, THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!!! THANKS BILL AND CHRIS!!!

Beautiful celebration on the bay

10/08/2011 Janel P

I got married on the beach in Ocean City, NJ, and had my reception at the Ocean City Yacht Club last October. I was thrilled with every aspect of the event. Chris and Bill were very easy to work with. Bill went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. He even came to our rehearsal and helped us through it. The location was perfect for what we wanted, beachy and laid back, but elegant. The food was delicious and the price point was more than fair. I went with the bartending service that Bill recommended and they were fantastic. The room itself was beautiful. My husband and I got to enjoy every second of the reception and were not disappointed in any way. Our guests had a blast and we received tons of compliments on the venue. I would highly recommend this location, which is right on the bay in Ocean City. The sunsets are beautiful, the food is delicious, the service is professional and unobtrusive, and the price is fair, especially in comparison to other shore venues.

Perfect plus!

6/14/2008 Paige I

My husband and I had a wonderful experience at the Ocean City Yacht Club. We were taken care of from day one by the expert staff, including Bill and Chris, and knew all of the details were in good hands. The recpetion went off without a hitch and our guests continue to rave about the evening even years later - the setting, food, and service. Thank you OCYC!

Beautiful and affordable

10/21/2011 Jamie I

Bill and Chris were incredibly professional, helpful and patient. They know exactly what needs to be done to make a wedding perfect regardless of the amount of guests. The food is outstanding and the view is breathtaking. Be sure to get a sun set picture, it sets on the bay right behind the building. All our guests raved about our wedding and a year later still comment about how good the food was and how beautiful the Yacht Club was.

Perfection.

9/14/2012 Allison M

Bill & Chris were easy to work with and helped make our day a huge success. Bill had great advice for us and made sure our rehearsal and day of events ran smoothly. Our guests had nothing but fantastic things to say about our venue - they loved the food, bartenders, & staff!!

Send Email