Book Your Wedding with Odyssey Cruises by Entertainment Cruises

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

The chic and stylish Odyssey is a unique venue to choose for a wedding event in Chicago. Either a private deck can be rented or the entire ship, depending on the size of the wedding group. The Odyssey wedding team looks after every detail for a stress-free event with exceptional service. Locally sourced ingredients are used and freshly prepared on board for the wedding menu and the crew are extremely attentive. Easy listening music is played during the reception meal while guests can dance the night away to upbeat music provided by the DJ. Not least, stunning wedding photos can be taken of the world-renowned skyline and breathtaking views as the ship cruises along.

The Observation Deck. This open air skydeck is where a ceremony takes place. The couple exchanges their vows with the stunning Chicago skyline as a backdrop. The deck area is 2,170 square feet and accommodates 240 guests.

The Topaz Deck. At lake level, this is the largest deck with a dining area of 3,560 square feet, a bar and a dance floor area of 17 feet by 28 feet. A cocktail area is at the stern with highboy tables and a flat screen TV. Up to 246 seated guests are accommodated.

The Sapphire Deck. This middle deck has a dining area of 3,354 square feet and seats up to 240 guests. It features a bar, a drop down screen and a projector as well as a dance floor of 16 feet by 23 feet.

The Amethyst Deck. This is the top deck, which accommodates 50 guests outside and up to 142 guests inside. It features a 1,980-square-foot dining area, a bar and a projection system with a 60-inch screen. An eight-foot by 12-foot dance floor can be provided on request and the deck can be divided in half if needed.

Numerous wedding packages are offered by Odyssey Cruises and these are customizable to suit the couple’s preferences. A Luncheon Reception Cruise package is for a three-hour event with butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and the choice of either a plated luncheon menu or a food station menu. The wedding cake is served with chocolate covered strawberries. Table linens, votive candles and fresh table flowers are provided. A professional wedding coordinator is on hand throughout the event and an upscale DJ provides the entertainment.

The Premier Luncheon Reception Cruise package includes the same benefits as the previously detailed package plus a platinum open bar package, a champagne toast and a custom wedding cake. A photo favor is also given.

The Dinner Reception Cruise package is for a four-hour event with butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and the choice of either a plated dinner menu or a food station menu. It also includes chocolate covered strawberries to be served with the wedding cake, fresh table flowers, votive candles, elegant linens, an upscale DJ and the services of a professional wedding coordinator.

The Premier Dinner Reception Cruise package includes the same benefits as well as a photo favor, champagne toast and custom wedding cake. A platinum open bar package is also included.

A Skydeck Ceremony Only package is for one and a half hours on the open air sky-deck. Ceremony music is provided and white chairs are set-up for the guests. Coordination of the wedding is provided as well as a DJ, sound system and onsite tech assistant. A champagne toast follows the ceremony. The ceremony can be held on a private deck in inclement weather.

The Skydeck Ceremony with Reception package includes a private pre-board dockside wedding event for one hour, an outside wedding ceremony on the open air sky-deck, the chair set-up for the guests, ceremony music, a sound system and microphone, an onsite tech assistant and a wedding coordinator. The chosen reception package is added to this ceremony package.

Enhancements are available for an additional fee. These include a Justice of the Peace, a white carpet, live music, extended dockside time, a sweets table that either comes with or without a chocolate fountain, a gourmet coffee station either with or without liqueurs, a signature drink, an audio visual package, rose petals for the aisle and rose petals for the gift table. Four bar packages are available: a juice and soda package, a beer, wine, juice and soda package, a premium package and a platinum brand package.

When hosting an Odyssey Cruise wedding reception, the perks include:

• The bride can arrive an hour early and get dressed on the ship before the ceremony begins
  • A complementary tasting cruise for the couple
  • A complimentary cruise on the couple’s anniversary

Chicago’s Skyline as your Wedding Backdrop

Celebrate on the water aboard Odyssey, Chicago’s most unique and elegant wedding venue. Enjoy exceptional service, fine dining and customizable décor and entertainment. Complimentary event planners allow you to relax, so you can enjoy having Chicago’s skyline as the backdrop to your big day.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

600 E Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL (888) 741-0282
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alexandria B

What can I saw but WOW! Everything was a dream. We hosted our wedding reception on The Elite and from start to finish we had the absolute best experience. Tiffany, our event coordinator, was a life saver. She was extremely helpful, understanding, accommodating and so much fun... Read More to work with. As I assume most brides are- I was on edge leading up to the big day, hoping I remembered every little detail. Tiffany was a rock star and remained my sense of comfort up until our date. Day of coordinator, Reece, was fabulous! He was attentive, helpful and made sure our champagne flutes never went dry ;) It was as if he was in every meeting with Tiffany and I. The communication between staff was excellent. Can't thank them both enough! Ambiance- exceptional. Food- absolutely amazing (still getting compliments on it!). Music (DJ Chaz)- fun, fun, fun! We loved that we were able to put our touch on just about everything and really customize our special day. Our guests had the experience of a lifetime, as did we! Can't recommend Odyssey Cruises enough. An experience I will truly never forget.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kati G

We had such a terrific experience from start-to-finish with Entertainment Cruises. We had the Elite last weekend for our wedding, and it couldn't have been better. The staff was AMAZING (Simon, Lyndsey, the DJ, and everyone else on the boat). They made us feel special and taken... Read More care of at all times, and our guests were super happy, too. I highly recommend this company for a unique, fun, intimate day!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Denise T

We had our wedding on the Mystic Blue. Lyndsey was our coordinator and she was wonderful! She was always available for questions (and I had a million and one) all the way through the planning process right up to the day of! I was more of a "hands-on" DIY bride, but when it... Read More came to the day, I just pretty much gave them my wedding décor and let them go with it. Our ceremony was beautiful and so was our reception area. Lyndsey's suggestions made everything come together perfectly! and Andres' attention to detail was on point! He made sure our reception went smoothly, incredibly attentive to us as the Bride and Groom, he was on top of everything! Our guests are STILL talking about what a beautiful wedding and venue we had and our wedding was a month ago!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Tony M

My wife and I were very fortunate to find the Elite. We were in a small bind, looking for a ceremony space we could rent out for only a few hours. 99 percent of the other indoor venues we contacted told us we needed to rent their venue for the entire day. The elite gave us... Read More multiple options for rental duration, food, and liquor packages. All of which were very fairly priced. The staff at the elite were all very friendly and helpful. Tiffany Chin and Lyndsey Dixon were exceptional at making us feel comfortable. They made up for our lack of preparation with their professionalism . They went above and beyond to make sure my wife and I could party with our guest, worry free. I highly recommend anyone interested in hiring one the city's best wedding crews to give the elite a call/tour. Having Chicago's beautiful skyline as a backdrop is a pretty cool bonus.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lindsay B

Our wedding on the Odyssey was everything we imagined! We were looking for something intimate and romantic, yet fun for all our out of town guests. We didn't want a boring, square ballroom - we wanted something unique! We loved having the ceremony and reception all in one place.... Read More The city was the the perfect backdrop for all our pictures It was so convenient! the package we went with included everything. Ceremony, dinner, cake, event planner, guest favors and so much more was all included. Rachel was great and very helpful.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Ronyelle S

Our wedding was awesome! Nothing beats the scenery and overall experience. My guests have continuously stated that my wedding was the best ever. I am so looking forward to our anniversary cruise!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Amber A

Our wedding was beautiful and planning was made so simple by our included coordinators, Lindsey and Racheal. The scenery, wait staff, and our recommended Officiant (shout out to Jeannie Walton) were so supportive and professional. We received tons of compliments about how... Read More attentive the wait staff was throughout the entire event and how delicious the food was. My coordinators also worked with me to find a comfortable budget. The (also included) DJ was tons of fun! There is no better venue for a busy bride-to-be that wants a positive, beautiful, low stress wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Kevin M

We had both our ceremony and reception at this location. Our coordinator Lyndsey was there to assist the whole way through and made our vision come to life. The food was great, atmosphere was amazing and our guests are still talking about it months later. Couldn't of asked for... Read More an easier, accommodating, venue. Highly recommend Odyssey cruises if you are looking for a unique unforgettable experience!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Nikki L

We had our wedding on the Odyssey and it was such a magical day! We loved every minute of it. Our coordinator, Lyndsey, was so amazing and helpful to work with. She was so kind and patient through all of my questions and planning! The Odysseys wedding package is so awesome,... Read More giving you basically EVERYTHING you need to plan and set up the perfect day, without needing to go through a million different people to plan/set up all of the things at your wedding. It was truly an amazing day, and the pictures you get on the ship are to die for. We couldn't have had a more perfect and beautiful wedding. We thank Odyssey so much for everything they have done for us! We HIGHLY reccomend this venue to anyone looking around. Please check it out, you will not be dissapointed.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Cheron R

Loved, Loved, Loved our wedding! Our family and friends cannot stop talking about it! The view was amazing, the deck was amazing, the food was amazing, the music was perfect! Staff was extremly helpful and accomodating!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 McKensi P

This venue is a great way to provide your guests with an experience, while also enjoying great food and drinks. I highly recommend this venue. Sadly, a few items were missed, but overall this venue, the service and staff deserve a 5 star rating, we had a great time, and so did... Read More our guests.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Michelle M

It was a wonderful day with our close family and friends! Excited for our anniversary cruise next year!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jesse G

The customer service of the staff on the boat was impeccable. Ali was great.

Reviewed on 12/19/2015

We had an incredible winter wedding aboard the Odyssey. We had a smaller wedding with only about 80 guests and the Amethyst Deck was completely perfect. One thing we really wanted was an indoor ceremony and reception space all in one and we were really having a hard time finding... Read More the right venue until we discovered the Odyssey. Our coordinator Ali was amazing and made sure every detail was in place for our big day. In fact, every staff member we encountered was friendly and accommodating. There is not one aspect we're disappointed about! The food was excellent, the service and staff were excellent, and the ship was absolutely beautiful. I can not say enough good things about our wedding on the Odyssey and would highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to hold it on the Odyssey!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The Odyssey was the perfect venue for our wedding. Entertainment Cruises and their staff made it a perfect day. The staff was friendly and courteous and very professional. The scenery is unbeatable and the food is excellent. 5 stars for the Odyssey and their staff.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Entertainment Cruises did a wonderful job with our Wedding aboard the Odyssey. Everything from the planning stage to the event was smooth and effortless. The price was manageable and the staff was remarkable. I highly recommend any event with Entertainment Cruises. They do a... Read More great job.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My wife and I got married on the Odyssey this summer and had a great experience!!! The facility is beautiful and the staff is awesome. Everyone enjoyed to food, drinks, dancing and fireworks. It was a great way to start our new life together and we made memories to last a... Read More lifetime!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Diane H

We got married on the Odyssey in June in an intimate ceremony and reception and couldn't have asked for a better venue!! The ceremony was perfect overlooking the Chicago skyline on the top deck. The reception was beautiful as well!! The staff was great to work with and was... Read More willing to do whatever was needed. The evening was topped off with fireworks!!! Great memories!!! I highly recommend the Odyssey and would do it all over again the same way!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Cindy V

We had our ceremony this past July on the Odyssey and it was beautiful. The set up was amazing and the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend a boat wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Chris G

Exactly Two months ago my husband and I had our dream wedding! It would not have been possible without the beautiful venue and setting on the Odyssey. To top it off the staff really added the icing on the cake. I could not have dreamed up a better place to have a wedding and the... Read More exact right people to pull it off. As a gay couple we were nervous at first but everyone was so welcoming and genuine that we felt right at home. Will definitely be having more get togethers on the boat.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Paul K

We cannot levy enough praise on the Odyssey staff and crew. From our first contact with the planning department, through our onboard experience, everything was top notch! They helped us plan the impossible--a full wedding experience in less than 7 weeks. Joseph and Ali provided... Read More A-1 superior service. The onboard staff was amazing! Bar service and wait service over-the-top attentive. The food was awesome. And the newly remodeled event space was a gorgeous setting for our wedding. We included the karaoke option as part of our entertainment - what an incredibly talented DJ/KJ! Thinking about a wedding onboard? Do it! The skyline is a magical backdrop. Our guests felt pampered--food, drink, entertainment, an enchanted setting, and a sunset getway featuring the skyline of Chicago. From the moment we stepped on board, until we returned to shore, the Odyssey staff did everything possible to allow us to focus on the party and our experience, while they handling any situation that arose (including making certain I always had a drink in hand). I'd give them 10 stars if possible. Don't hesitate. It will be an evening you will never forget.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

I went on the Odyssey for the tasting for my wedding and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very kind, and attentive to your every need. The view of the Chicago skyline was absolutely breath taking. It was everything that I hoped it to be.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

Our experience on the Odyssey was fantastic! If you are looking into this option for your wedding, don't hesitate, book it now. The venue is beautiful, the food is wonderful and the staff are professional and fun to work with. I don't feel I can say enough about this... Read More experience! Thank you Odyssey for a once in a lifetime! Our daughter's wedding was perfect.

2015-09-18T08:42:31 Response from the vendor

We truly appreciate this wonderful review, and are so happy to hear that it was the wedding day of her dreams!

Odyssey was perfect

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 bridget d

Odyssey was absolutely perfect for our small wedding! And they bend over backwards for you on the big day to make it go as seemless as possible! From the start they are in communication with you tobget every detail ironed out! I would definitely recommend Odyssey to anyone for... Read More any event! And on your anniversary, they give you a free cruise too!

2015-09-18T08:41:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate it! It was a pleasure being a part of your special day!

Everything we dreamed our day would be!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Jane O

We had the best experience planning our wedding on the Odyssey. Every member of the sales and planning team was professional and extremely flexible to meet our needs and desires. Our coordinator Joseph was so helpful and thoughtful. He was always extremely quick at responding to... Read More emails. We were able to customize the space for our ceremony and reception. The team put everything in motion as we planned so when we arrived, all we had to do was have a good time! The food was great, the entertainment was perfect, and the onboard crew was so professional and friendly. Our guests had an incredible time. Many said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I would have to agree :) Compared to other venues, the Odyssey was very reasonably priced as it was an all-inclusive event. We would love to do it all over again. I would not change a thing about the entire experience. We are very thankful that the Odyssey gave us the wedding of our dreams, right on Lake Michigan with the most amazing scenery.

Meet The Director of Sales

Stephanie Spingola

Stephanie Spingola is the Associate Director of Sales at Entertainment Cruises in Chicago, which includes yachts Odyssey, Spirit of Chicago, Mystic Blue and Chicago Elite. Stephanie manages two wedding account managers, Joseph & Rachael, who are excited to make your wedding wishes come to life!