Book Your Wedding with Odyssey Cruises by Entertainment Cruises

A BALLROOM IN CHICAGO, IL

The chic and stylish Odyssey is a unique venue to choose for a wedding event in Chicago. Either a private deck can be rented or the entire ship, depending on the size of the wedding group. The Odyssey wedding team looks after every detail for a stress-free event with exceptional service. Locally sourced ingredients are used and freshly prepared on board for the wedding menu and the crew are extremely attentive. Easy listening music is played during the reception meal while guests can dance the night away to upbeat music provided by the DJ. Not least, stunning wedding photos can be taken of the world-renowned skyline and breathtaking views as the ship cruises along.

The Observation Deck. This open air skydeck is where a ceremony takes place. The couple exchanges their vows with the stunning Chicago skyline as a backdrop. The deck area is 2,170 square feet and accommodates 240 guests.

The Topaz Deck. At lake level, this is the largest deck with a dining area of 3,560 square feet, a bar and a dance floor area of 17 feet by 28 feet. A cocktail area is at the stern with highboy tables and a flat screen TV. Up to 246 seated guests are accommodated.

The Sapphire Deck. This middle deck has a dining area of 3,354 square feet and seats up to 240 guests. It features a bar, a drop down screen and a projector as well as a dance floor of 16 feet by 23 feet.

The Amethyst Deck. This is the top deck, which accommodates 50 guests outside and up to 142 guests inside. It features a 1,980-square-foot dining area, a bar and a projection system with a 60-inch screen. An eight-foot by 12-foot dance floor can be provided on request and the deck can be divided in half if needed.

Numerous wedding packages are offered by Odyssey Cruises and these are customizable to suit the couple’s preferences. A Luncheon Reception Cruise package is for a three-hour event with butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and the choice of either a plated luncheon menu or a food station menu. The wedding cake is served with chocolate covered strawberries. Table linens, votive candles and fresh table flowers are provided. A professional wedding coordinator is on hand throughout the event and an upscale DJ provides the entertainment.

The Premier Luncheon Reception Cruise package includes the same benefits as the previously detailed package plus a platinum open bar package, a champagne toast and a custom wedding cake. A photo favor is also given.

The Dinner Reception Cruise package is for a four-hour event with butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and the choice of either a plated dinner menu or a food station menu. It also includes chocolate covered strawberries to be served with the wedding cake, fresh table flowers, votive candles, elegant linens, an upscale DJ and the services of a professional wedding coordinator.

The Premier Dinner Reception Cruise package includes the same benefits as well as a photo favor, champagne toast and custom wedding cake. A platinum open bar package is also included.

A Skydeck Ceremony Only package is for one and a half hours on the open air sky-deck. Ceremony music is provided and white chairs are set-up for the guests. Coordination of the wedding is provided as well as a DJ, sound system and onsite tech assistant. A champagne toast follows the ceremony. The ceremony can be held on a private deck in inclement weather.

The Skydeck Ceremony with Reception package includes a private pre-board dockside wedding event for one hour, an outside wedding ceremony on the open air sky-deck, the chair set-up for the guests, ceremony music, a sound system and microphone, an onsite tech assistant and a wedding coordinator. The chosen reception package is added to this ceremony package.

Enhancements are available for an additional fee. These include a Justice of the Peace, a white carpet, live music, extended dockside time, a sweets table that either comes with or without a chocolate fountain, a gourmet coffee station either with or without liqueurs, a signature drink, an audio visual package, rose petals for the aisle and rose petals for the gift table. Four bar packages are available: a juice and soda package, a beer, wine, juice and soda package, a premium package and a platinum brand package.

When hosting an Odyssey Cruise wedding reception, the perks include:

• The bride can arrive an hour early and get dressed on the ship before the ceremony begins
  • A complementary tasting cruise for the couple
  • A complimentary cruise on the couple’s anniversary

Chicago’s Skyline as your Wedding Backdrop

Celebrate on the water aboard Odyssey, Chicago’s most unique and elegant wedding venue. Enjoy exceptional service, fine dining and customizable décor and entertainment. Complimentary event planners allow you to relax, so you can enjoy having Chicago’s skyline as the backdrop to your big day.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Cruise, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

600 E Grand Avenue, Chicago, IL (888) 741-0282
INSTAGRAM

My fairytale wedding

Reviewed on 7/18/2013 Danielle T

The Odyssey's team beyond exceeded my expectations! It was everything that I imagined and hoped it would be. The service was excellent and the staff was extremely professional, attentive, and made sure that everyone on board was well taken care of. I only wish that I could have... Read More stayed on the boat longer! Truly an amazing experience that my Husband and I will never forget! I can remember the first time that I walked into the room, it took my breath away. It was so beautiful and the staff were waiting to greet me and my bridal party. The service manager, Sandra, was simply amazing. The weather was perfect and the views from the boat were so beautiful. Many of our wedding photos were able to the Chicago skyline in the background, talk about amazing pictures!! The staff helped me and my family carry things to the limo afterwards. Both my husband and I feel that the Odyssey went above and beyond our expectations!! There is nothing that we would have changed!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

Our experience on the Odyssey was fantastic! If you are looking into this option for your wedding, don't hesitate, book it now. The venue is beautiful, the food is wonderful and the staff are professional and fun to work with. I don't feel I can say enough about this... Read More experience! Thank you Odyssey for a once in a lifetime! Our daughter's wedding was perfect.

2015-09-18T08:42:31 Response from the vendor

We truly appreciate this wonderful review, and are so happy to hear that it was the wedding day of her dreams!

The New Mr & Mrs Langohr

Reviewed on 9/05/2013

If your looking for a unique and elegant wedding venue,this is it. My new husband and I were married on 8/31/2013. We were looking for something a little different, since this was both our second wedding. We Choose the Odyssey boat and just loved it...the staff was very... Read More accommodating, the service was excellent, the food was awesome,and the atmosphere was wonderful!!! It was truly one of the best and most memorable day of our lives. One negative comment I want to mention was the time went so fast...when we returned to the dock my guests were suprised that the I night had ended. I wish the time on the boat could have been longer like a banquet hall wedding. I would recommend a wedding or reception aboard the Odyssey....Chicago skyline is breath taking...can't wait for our pictures! Carol & Craig :)

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Michelle M

It was a wonderful day with our close family and friends! Excited for our anniversary cruise next year!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Jesse G

The customer service of the staff on the boat was impeccable. Ali was great.

Reviewed on 12/19/2015

We had an incredible winter wedding aboard the Odyssey. We had a smaller wedding with only about 80 guests and the Amethyst Deck was completely perfect. One thing we really wanted was an indoor ceremony and reception space all in one and we were really having a hard time finding... Read More the right venue until we discovered the Odyssey. Our coordinator Ali was amazing and made sure every detail was in place for our big day. In fact, every staff member we encountered was friendly and accommodating. There is not one aspect we're disappointed about! The food was excellent, the service and staff were excellent, and the ship was absolutely beautiful. I can not say enough good things about our wedding on the Odyssey and would highly recommend anyone planning a wedding to hold it on the Odyssey!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

The Odyssey was the perfect venue for our wedding. Entertainment Cruises and their staff made it a perfect day. The staff was friendly and courteous and very professional. The scenery is unbeatable and the food is excellent. 5 stars for the Odyssey and their staff.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Entertainment Cruises did a wonderful job with our Wedding aboard the Odyssey. Everything from the planning stage to the event was smooth and effortless. The price was manageable and the staff was remarkable. I highly recommend any event with Entertainment Cruises. They do a... Read More great job.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My wife and I got married on the Odyssey this summer and had a great experience!!! The facility is beautiful and the staff is awesome. Everyone enjoyed to food, drinks, dancing and fireworks. It was a great way to start our new life together and we made memories to last a... Read More lifetime!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Diane H

We got married on the Odyssey in June in an intimate ceremony and reception and couldn't have asked for a better venue!! The ceremony was perfect overlooking the Chicago skyline on the top deck. The reception was beautiful as well!! The staff was great to work with and was... Read More willing to do whatever was needed. The evening was topped off with fireworks!!! Great memories!!! I highly recommend the Odyssey and would do it all over again the same way!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Cindy V

We had our ceremony this past July on the Odyssey and it was beautiful. The set up was amazing and the staff was very friendly. I would highly recommend a boat wedding.

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Chris G

Exactly Two months ago my husband and I had our dream wedding! It would not have been possible without the beautiful venue and setting on the Odyssey. To top it off the staff really added the icing on the cake. I could not have dreamed up a better place to have a wedding and the... Read More exact right people to pull it off. As a gay couple we were nervous at first but everyone was so welcoming and genuine that we felt right at home. Will definitely be having more get togethers on the boat.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Paul K

We cannot levy enough praise on the Odyssey staff and crew. From our first contact with the planning department, through our onboard experience, everything was top notch! They helped us plan the impossible--a full wedding experience in less than 7 weeks. Joseph and Ali provided... Read More A-1 superior service. The onboard staff was amazing! Bar service and wait service over-the-top attentive. The food was awesome. And the newly remodeled event space was a gorgeous setting for our wedding. We included the karaoke option as part of our entertainment - what an incredibly talented DJ/KJ! Thinking about a wedding onboard? Do it! The skyline is a magical backdrop. Our guests felt pampered--food, drink, entertainment, an enchanted setting, and a sunset getway featuring the skyline of Chicago. From the moment we stepped on board, until we returned to shore, the Odyssey staff did everything possible to allow us to focus on the party and our experience, while they handling any situation that arose (including making certain I always had a drink in hand). I'd give them 10 stars if possible. Don't hesitate. It will be an evening you will never forget.

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

I went on the Odyssey for the tasting for my wedding and it was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very kind, and attentive to your every need. The view of the Chicago skyline was absolutely breath taking. It was everything that I hoped it to be.

Odyssey was perfect

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 bridget d

Odyssey was absolutely perfect for our small wedding! And they bend over backwards for you on the big day to make it go as seemless as possible! From the start they are in communication with you tobget every detail ironed out! I would definitely recommend Odyssey to anyone for... Read More any event! And on your anniversary, they give you a free cruise too!

2015-09-18T08:41:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We truly appreciate it! It was a pleasure being a part of your special day!

Everything we dreamed our day would be!

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Jane O

We had the best experience planning our wedding on the Odyssey. Every member of the sales and planning team was professional and extremely flexible to meet our needs and desires. Our coordinator Joseph was so helpful and thoughtful. He was always extremely quick at responding to... Read More emails. We were able to customize the space for our ceremony and reception. The team put everything in motion as we planned so when we arrived, all we had to do was have a good time! The food was great, the entertainment was perfect, and the onboard crew was so professional and friendly. Our guests had an incredible time. Many said it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I would have to agree :) Compared to other venues, the Odyssey was very reasonably priced as it was an all-inclusive event. We would love to do it all over again. I would not change a thing about the entire experience. We are very thankful that the Odyssey gave us the wedding of our dreams, right on Lake Michigan with the most amazing scenery.

Lunch Ceremony and Cruise

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Natalie L

My husband and I knew that we wanted to get married on a boat, something different and unique. We found Odyssey Cruises during our online research and thought what they offer is a great value. We decided to do the ceremony on the boat beforehand and do a lunchtime cruise for the... Read More reception. There are different wedding packages depending on what time of day you want to cruise and various add-ons. You are provided with a wedding planner to help you out with all the details of the ceremony and reception and the DJ is included for both. Ashley was very helpful in managing the details and coordinating with our other vendors for delivery. We were given a tasting cruise before our wedding to try the food and see the set-up. Our tasting table was very romantically set-up and all the staff were very accomodating to our questions and requests. On the day of our wedding, we were allowed on the boat early to get ready. Sandra, the day-of wedding coordinator, was there to make sure everything went smoothly, including figuring out why my mom thought we didn't have enough flowers for family members. It was a beautiful fall day and they had a back-up plan in case it rained. The food was amazing and they even brought out a special appetizer for the bridal party. One of our groomsmen wanted to do irish car bombs and the bartender was able to put it together for us, even though it wasn't included in our beer/wine package! All of our guests gushed about how beautiful the venue was and delicious the food was. I really felt like I didn't have to plan much because Odyssey took care of a lot which is why our engagement was less than 3 months. They were so helpful during the planning process and the day of. We are looking forward to our one-year anniversary cruise which was included. One of my matrons of honor was also given a complimentary cruise for her and her husband.

The Odyssey Helped Make Our Wedding Celebration Become A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 10/05/2014

The staff and servers on the Odyssey really helped make our wedding celebration a perfect dream come true celebration! This was our second marriage for my husband and I and this venue was a perfect entertaining way to treat our friends and family to a unique, elegant, and... Read More entertaining way to help us celebrate our love and marriage. The entire staff made us as well as our guests feel like royalty! My only wish is that we would have requested an hour more for more time for dancing and socializing! :)

Odyssey Fireworks Cruise: Amazing!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Jennifer E

My wedding reception on the Odyssey Fireworks Cruise was fantastic! We had so much fun dancing and watching fireworks. Odyssey staff members were very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent. Our entire evening was truly amazing. We will definitely cruise on the Odyssey in... Read More the near future. I highly recommend cruising on the Odyssey for weddings or other special occasions.

A Beautiful Wedding with Odyssey

Reviewed on 5/26/2014 Shucong L

Their food are great. Staff are nice and helpful (thanks Ashley our wonderful wedding planner, Susan, our account manager, Tyler, our service manager and many others). After our wedding on May 18, 2014, our guests commented on how wonderful our wedding was and how they enjoyed... Read More every minute on the cruise. Given the guaranteed high quality of their professional service, it seemed to me the only variable key factor to a perfect wedding with Odyssey cruise is whether the weather is good since the ceremony will be held on the observation deck. We were very lucky to have a gorgeous wedding day with the most amazing Chicago skyline and breathtaking Michigan lake.

Perfection!

Reviewed on 12/26/2013 Bernadeta M

Words cannot describe how wonderful the Odyssey staff and crew was on my wedding day. It was the event that my guests'labeled as "the Event of the Year." From the early planning stages to the day we boarded the beautiful ship, everything was taken care of in a timely and... Read More professional manner. The staff and crew went our of their way to make sure that the day was as special as can be. The food was excellent. The horsd kept going nonstop. Guests couldn't get enough of them. And the View!!! No where in Chicago do you have such a splendid view of the city! Everything was exectued perfectly and exceeded all of my expectations. Thank you Odyssey for making my wedding a dream come true!

Saved the day

Reviewed on 9/30/2013 Nancy B

My wedding for 120 people was planned for 2014 on The Odyssey when we decided we didn't want to wait that long, and married in September, 2013, within 8 days of making the decision. I knew I'd forfeit my deposit, but to our surprise, The Odyssey offered a dinner reception... Read More cruise for the quantity of people that my deposit covered, 20 people, on the day of our private ceremony. Our special day was saved by their generosity and we were treated like a king and queen. The food was fabulous and our 20 guests had a memorable time. I recommend The Odyssey to anyone looking for a Chicago venue. Susan Malen was so wonderful to work with, everything was so easy and beautiful.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Amanda C

The Odyssey was an amazing experience for an afternoon wedding! My husband and I both work in the industry and were looking for something besides your "run of the mill" wedding at a banquet facility. Boy did we get that! The backdrop was BEAUTIFUL and all of our guests were... Read More very impressed. The staff was wonderful and the planning was easy from start to finish with the help of the great sales/planning team. I couldn't have asked for a better day!

Best decision we could have made

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Judi M

We planned our wedding in 3 weeks and couldn't have had a more perfect day! They were very accommodating with everything. We did almost everything by e-mail and they always responded same day within hours sometimes within minutes. I honestly had the best experience, my day was... Read More truely flawless. The food was fabulous and the cake delicious. The Oak Mill Bakery did a wonderful job! They needed the 3 weeks to get the cake ready, so I did everything by e-mail and my cake was beautiful. All of the staff is friendly and helpful. Since it was so quick we used the boat offered Officiant, which was also done all by e-mail, it was absolutely beautiful and everything I wanted. I have received nothing but compliments on the whole experience. We can't wait to go for our Anniversary cruise :)

Memorable

Reviewed on 8/14/2013 Joanna T

Guests really loved this venue, something a little different. Excellent service, everything was perfect. Wonderful staff, every single member!

Meet The Director of Sales

Stephanie Spingola

Stephanie Spingola is the Associate Director of Sales at Entertainment Cruises in Chicago, which includes yachts Odyssey, Spirit of Chicago, Mystic Blue and Chicago Elite. Stephanie manages two wedding account managers, Joseph & Rachael, who are excited to make your wedding wishes come to life!