Creating an authentic ceremony with you!

Congrats! You're getting married! As you plan all the details of the day, you may be wondering who will guide the ceremony so it lives up to your expectations. You may be sorting through religious and cultural traditions, trying to knit together a ceremony that feels authentic. You may be asking each other, how do we make this official? You've come to the right place! I can create a custom ceremony; one that authentically represent your union. I'll weave together ancient and contemporary, traditional and unconventional. On the big day, I can solemnize the union with style, grace, and warmth. My custom ceremony package is $650, and includes consultations, editing and writing the ceremony, a rehearsal, and officiating the ceremony. Other packages: $350 or $200

Religious Affiliations

Congregationalist, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Presbyterian, Protestant, Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Pagan, Secular, Spiritual, Unitarian

Ceremony, Wedding

San Francisco, CA (628) 400-2684

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Melanie R

I cannot even begin to express the magic that is Rachael Tanner. She is kind, creative, warm, articulate, and a truly inspired human being. My (now) husband and I came to her 30 days before our wedding in search of someone who could put into words our love story and commitments... Read More to each other. We had a call with her and immediately knew she would be the one guiding us into matrimony. She asked thoughtful questions, listened, and shared advice based on her experience in other ceremonies. We went through the script of the ceremony on a shared Google drive and collaborated on edits/additions/subtractions so the process felt collaborative although her first draft was AMAZING and each time I read it, I couldn't believe that it was even possible for it to have gotten better! She perfectly wove our cultures (American/Venezuelan), languages (English/Spanish), personalities, and promises into a beyond perfect 30 minutes. She had our guests tearing up, laughing, and reflecting on their own relationships. I have received multiple calls, texts, and emails with our guests gushing about Rachael, our ceremony, and our most perfect day. I will forever be grateful to Rachael and will recommend Officially Hitched from the rooftops for as long as I live!

2017-07-24T10:32:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was such a JOY to work with both of you. You are so enthusiastic and you love life. It gave me so much energy to work with you and to be present on your special day. I really am so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Elizabeth R

Rachael was wonderful. She really took the time to get to know you as a couple. She met with us in person a couple times for over an hour each time. She asked amazing questions that made us really think about who we are as a couple. She was very collaborative with us on the... Read More ceremony script and gave us options to help us personalize our ceremony to our needs. She is warm and friendly and immediately becomes a friend.

2017-11-08T01:36:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! I had such a great time getting to know you. Thank you for being open, sharing your stories. And thank you for inviting me to your reception--so generous and unexpected. I wish you both so much love! <3

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Katherine B

Where do I begin?! The first thing our friends and family asked after our ceremony was "How long has Rachael been your friend? She was amazing!" Little did they know we only met and came to know her as our wedding officiant. My husband and I met with Rachael 4 times prior to our... Read More wedding to craft our ceremony. Rachael helped us create a meaningful ceremony that perfectly reflected us as a couple. She is not only warm and open but also well organized and very thoughtful. She wrote a beautiful love story for us before we said our vows. I cannot recommend Rachael enough to be your wedding officiant! We were honored to have Rachael marry us.

2017-10-20T22:22:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review!!! Thank you much, much more for the honor of marrying you and your husband. I can't express how kind, caring, and open you were. I felt like family from the beginning and I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Tom R

My wife and I were so incredibly happy with our experience with Rachael. We eloped in San Francisco in a redwood forest, and Rachael was extremely flexible with us on our special day. We had several video meetings leading up to our elopement. Rachael was very clear and... Read More communicative and made sure she developed a close understanding of what our marriage ceremony meant to us. She helped us customize a ceremony that fit with our beliefs and on the eventual day she delivered the words eloquently and with grace. We were late to our ceremony and she waited for us with no complaints, of which we were very appreciative. She also made sure we understood all of the legal details that we'd need to take care of to be married in California. We highly recommend Rachael to anyone looking for an wedding or elopement officiant!

2017-09-13T21:28:24 Response from the vendor

You are so kind! I LOVED working with you. You and your wife are exuberant and your elopement was so romantic. I felt lucky and blessed to be a part of your union. I wish you decades of happiness!

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Nate B

Rachael does an amazing job crafting together a ceremony reflective of the couple being celebrated. Her signature component is a telling of the couple's love story, but she make sures each couple she works with is happy with each individual element of their wedding ceremony.... Read More Whether you're looking for a traditional, contemporary, updated, spiritual, or nonreligious approach, Rachael takes the time to listen to what's important to your celebration and union.

2017-09-04T04:44:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you! so kind to take time to review my services!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Christine C

Rachael delivered such a special ceremony for dear friends of mine. She worked closely with the couple in the weeks prior to their wedding, and she wove their voices, humor, and love into a beautiful ceremony. She is such a gifted speaker, and her voice and delivery carried... Read More beautifully, even in an outdoor setting. It was such a beautiful ceremony!

2017-06-19T00:32:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for offering this kind review! I appreciate your words :)

Rachael A. Tanner

I officiated my first wedding for 2 dear friends. I enjoyed the ceremony and received such encouraging feedback, I knew I’d love to offer this service to others. This creative and spiritual endeavor combines my love of public speaking, strong writing skills, and my abiding faith in the divine and sacredness of life. I am a Protestant Christian. Yet, I am comfortable in any cultural or religious tradition, from atheism to secular humanism. I specialize in incorporating different traditions into one ceremony. Kzoo, MI-> Ann Arbor->Boston->Long Beach-->SF