Officiant Rev. Mary-Rose of Engle Heart

San Francisco, Los Angeles, Napa, New York City

Religious Affiliations

Baha'i Faith, Buddhist, Catholic, Orthodox, Anglican/Episcopal, Lutheran, Methodist, Nondenominational, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, Protestant, Quaker, Christian, Hindu, Interfaith, Reform, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Secular, Sikh, Spiritual, Unitarian, Wiccan

After The Wedding, Getting Engaged, Ceremony, Wedding

824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

San Francisco, Los Angeles, Napa, New York City (646) 872-6085

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Dan H

Mary-Rose was very professional and did a nice job officiating our wedding. Thank you Mary-Rose for making this such a memorable day.

Reviewed on 12/31/2017 Dan H

Reviewed on 12/30/2017

When my wife and I began to plan the ceremony portion of our wedding we had a general idea of what we wanted but we were struggling. That is when we were referred to Mary-Rose and we could not be more grateful for her involvement in our wedding. The passion and knowledge that... Read More Mary-Rose showed when working with my wife and I gave us both a sense of calm, we knew with everything else we had to plan for the wedding we could trust that our ceremony would be perfect. This was made even more impressive by the fact that we live in Arizona and she is all the way in New York but the skype calls with her were great and really helped us create a great ceremony. Also making the task even more difficult is the fact we had a destination wedding on the beach in Cancun Mexico and had never actually been to the resort to see the exact layout of where our ceremony would take place! When we got to the resort just 2 days before the wedding Mary-Rose came up with the perfect plan for how the wedding party would file in and in the wedding rehearsal made sure everyone knew their place and what to do. In the end the ceremony went off perfectly and was far better than my wife and I could have ever dreamed of and we couldn't have done it without Mary-Rose's help. I would highly recommend her if you need guidance on how to create the perfect ceremony or even if you know exactly what you want there will not be anyone better to have be a part of your special day than Mary-Rose.

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Paul M

Mary-Rose was fantastic. We got married in New York but we live in Perth Western Australia about as far from New York as you could get. You would think this would be hard to organize but it was a breeze. We were able to skype with Mary-Rose when ever we needed. She made the... Read More process so easy and stress free,we had the most amazing day!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Kevin D

Extremely professional and very warm. I interviewed about 10 officiants for my wedding and when I spoke to Mary-Rose, I knew immediately that she was the right choice. She has a genuine love for her work, which carries over in to the planning and the ceremony. She went through... Read More everything beforehand and gave us several options to customize the ceremony just enough to make it special. After we met with her, we felt that we were in excellent hands and the weight of finding the right person for such a critical part of the wedding was lifted. Highly recommended - a great choice!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Ashley V

Reverend Mary-Rose had a terrific presence from the moment she walked in the door, throughout the entire ceremony, and even thereafter. We recommend her highly. Mary-Rose was sharp, reliable, professional, personable, flexible and comforting, generous with her time, and warm.... Read More She had a nice energy for our ceremony and we feel like she would suit the needs of any wedding, big or small. She managed to strike the right balance for us: delivering an impact-full ceremony that helped make the occasion feel profound, while keeping things on point and tidy.

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Nicholas D

Ma femme et moi avons eu la chance d'avoir le Reverend Mary-Rose comme officiant à notre mariage. Nous souhaitions un mariage simple et privé dans un lieu emblématique de New York le Ladies Pavilion de Central Park. Mary-Rose a su trouver les mots et l'ambiance pour nous unir... Read More dans la plus grande simplicité, je la recommande hautement à tous ceux qui souhaiteraient se marier à New York. Elle a également été d'une aide précieuse pour comprendre les démarches a effectuer. I hope my English will be good enough to say how lucky we were, my wife and I to get married by Mary-Rose. We came from France, and wanted to get married in a famous and charming place of New York, the Ladies Pavilion of Central Park. We wanted something very simple and private, Mary -Rose found the exact words, she known how to make it unforgettable. She was very helpful too. We had the wedding we were dreaming of. Thank you Mary-Rose ! Sandra and Nicolas

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Sherby J

Mary-Rose and Engleheart Weddings were wonderful to work with in creating our vision for our special day. We chose to have a moving ceremony that was not overly religious in keeping with our beliefs and she accommodated. She provided a rather extensive questionnaire (which... Read More scared us at first) , but it helped her create something that is uniquely ours and provided her all the insight she needed to create it. During the entire process Mary-Rose was very responsive and helped allay some fears we had about being married and how to move forward. She is full-service and incorporated all the elements of our ceremony and the flow into logistics documents which she shared with the other vendors, which helped the day go smoothly. She was a blessing on the day of. Our guests commented on the beauty of our ceremony and how much like ‘us’ it was. She did a wonderful job interjecting/interspersing our voices throughout. One guest felt moved enough to speak to her directly after our ceremony which is a wonderful testament to her skills.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Sanjay S

We feel very fortunate and grateful that Rev. Mary-Rose officiated our wedding . She gave us a richly meaningful, heartfelt, and unforgettable ceremony. We are a recently married same-sex couple hailing from two different religious backgrounds (Hinduism and Catholicism). Neither... Read More one of us is religious, but it was important for us to include elements from our respective traditions to honor our families who have supported us throughout our lives and now in our marriage. Rev. Mary-Rose blended elements of Hinduism with Christianity into a respectful and inclusive ceremony. Members of my Catholic family expressed that our ceremony moved them as much as any church wedding ever had and reflected the deep love my husband and I have for one another. Rev. Mary-Rose also reached out to my husband's parents to learn more about the marriage traditions they hold most important, and my husband and his family even learned more about certain Hindu wedding traditions based on Rev. Mary-Rose's extensive knowledge and research. In a same-sex wedding incorporating elements from very different faith backgrounds, there was a risk of coming across as disrespectful or silly. Rev. Mary-Rose treated us and our ceremony with the utmost respect and reverence, and together we created something that truly captured the spirit of lifelong love and commitment that we wished to express to our community of guests. It felt like something very special happened that day on the mountaintop where we were married. That feeling has a value beyond measure. One of our favorite aspects of working with Rev. Mary-Rose was how much effort she put into getting to know us as a couple. She also included our family and friends in the ceremony by extending an invitation to them to share stories and advice that she later recited during the ceremony. This personal touch gave our guests an insight into our relationship and brought our community of family and friends even closer together. We feel honored to have worked with Rev. Mary-Rose and to have shared our wedding experience with her. She treated us with the respect of a professional and the warmth of a friend. I hope many more lucky couples will have the opportunity to work with and get to know Rev. Mary-Rose.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Robbin R

Reverend Mary-Rose officiated our wedding and both my husband and I don't have enough words to fully articulate how pleased we were with her and the ceremony she performed. We had a multi-cultural wedding (Brazilian, Japanese, Jewish, Irish, Lebanese, Sicilian) and Mary-Rose... Read More incorporated our cultural traditions with creativity and respect. She made us feel cared for and relaxed so that we were able to stay in the moment to moment, enjoying our day. All our guests raved about her in their amazement at how well she seemed to know us and our quirks. Even with the language barrier, my relatives watching via live stream in Brazil were crying tears of joy; they could feel what she was communicating. Having met my husband 5 years ago today, I'm filled with grateful thoughts....and in particular, thankfulness for Reverend Mary-Rose for being the one to make our bond of love official in the most beautiful way.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Denise G

I can't even start to explain how wonderful Rev. Mary-Rose was for our ceremony. Our ceremony was thoughtful, kind, beautiful, truthful, well planned out, word for word. I can never thank her enough. It was super, super awesome. 100% recommend her for any kind of ceremony!... Read More Thank you again Rev. Mary-Rose for making us Mrs. and Mrs. Gonzalez.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Stephanie M

Words cannot express how truly blessed we feel to have had Rev. Mary-Rose officiate our ceremony. From the very beginning we knew she would make our ceremony one to remember, and she went above and beyond our expectations! Rev. Engle told our story in such a unique way and the... Read More whole room was filled with love. So many of our guests commented on how much they loved our ceremony. You’ll have a great experience with Rev. Mary-Rose as your officiant. Thanks again Mary-Rose for making our day so beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Myli B

We were looking for someone with a nice balance between my parents deeply christian beliefs and our contemporary style. After watching a few videos of Mary Rose we felt we found our choice. She had beautiful way with words that was very easy to listen to, simple to understand,... Read More but also very thoughtful and meaningful. She is also very organized. She has a background in corporate america and it really shows in all her forms and documents. During the planning process she sent us drafts of our ceremony with differently written passages tailored to our preferences. She also guided us to write our own vows which was helpful. When the day finally came the ceremony went smoothly. Our guests were very pleased and impressed with our ceremony.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Joseph P

Rev Mary- Rose was amazing. She was very polite and reliable. She was very informative and soothing. My Central Park wedding became a fairy tale with words of an angle. At times I felt as her words were sent from up above. They were so loving and beautiful. She was also kind... Read More enough to include my daughter during the ceremony and had every single person in tears of joy. Thank you, Rev Mary-Rose for a a wonderful magical ceremony. -Joseph & Victoria Phillips

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Em A

Dedicated and kind-hearted, Mary-Rose Engle was the perfect choice for our wedding. She understood exactly what we wanted and was very committed to be the most understanding and helpful reverend you could hope for. Her work is thorough, passionate and deeply connected to your... Read More needs. We can't thank her enough for her commitment, and she gave us a moving and strong ceremony, this made our day unforgettable.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Jose C

Rev. Mary-Rose Engle officiated our wedding last weekend and we were very pleased with the results. We were unfortunate in that our own pastor was unable to officiate our wedding and were left stranded without an officiant less than a month left before the wedding. We contacted... Read More Rev. Engle through one of the wedding sites and she quickly responded. We finally met with her and she took the time to get to know us and got a feel for our relationship. We gave our religious preferences and she pinpointed exactly how religious our ceremony should be. In the days that followed, she sent us a template of the ceremony, which she presented in a very professional manner. She asked all the appropriate questions and made all the changes we requested. On the days leading to the wedding, she asked for our vows, reviewed them and let us know whether or not they were cohesive. She was also able to coordinate with the other vendors of our wedding to make sure that everything went by smoothly. On the day of the wedding, she showed up an hour prior to the ceremony, she led a small rehearsal for our wedding party and then we were on our way down the aisle. Once at the altar, Rev. Engle's words were delivered clearly and intelligently, well-paced and moving, and were well received by our audience. She was able to perfectly incorporate our religious beliefs without sounding overly religious, which is exactly what were aiming for. Overall, she was a delightful person to work with, she was very professional with her duties and presented herself in an appropriate manner. If the situation presented itself where I would need to recommend an officiant for a friend's wedding, I would highly certainly recommend Rev. Mary-Rose Engle.

Reviewed on 12/22/2016 Kelly M

Rev. Mary-Rose was recommended to my husband and I by our wedding coordinator for our wedding on 10.7.16 at the Greenpoint Loft in Brooklyn. She was very responsive and incredibly thorough. Since we live in CT and she is based in New York, it was hard to schedule a time to meet,... Read More so our first "meeting" was via Skype. Rev. Mary-Rose walked us through the process, explained a lot to us, and asked us personal questions that would help her craft the perfect ceremony. At the end of that initial Skype meeting, she encouraged us to go in the other room to talk over whether or not we would like to book her, but we didn't need to - my husband and I booked her right on the spot. From that point forward, we had (what I consider) the perfect amount of communication. She sent us a worksheet to fill out about our preferences and other info for our ceremony. She sent TONS of sample readings for us to choose from, but in the end we chose our own, and she was more than happy to include those. I only had to change one minor thing on the rough draft of the ceremony she sent. It was as if she had known us for years. Rev. Mary-Rose was constantly professional, calm, and organized. Our wedding ceremony was perfect; she spoke in a tone that made people want to listen, and she planned for it to be just long enough to include all the important aspects, but not so long that it would bore people. During cocktail hour, she mingled with our guests to get their opinions on the ceremony. For weeks after the wedding, I had guests telling me how wonderful Rev. Mary-Rose was. My mom even asked if I wrote the ceremony myself, that's how personal it was. I highly recommend Rev. Mary-Rose as a wedding officiant, whether you are looking for a religious ceremony or a non-religious one (as was the case of my wedding). Her calm personality and expertise in her field are unmatched.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Stephanie T

Where do I begin?! Rev. Mary-Rose was Incredible.. I cannot say enough positive things to express how fortunate we were to have her officiate our ceremony. When my wife and I started discussing how we wanted to get married, we agreed we did not want to have a religious... Read More ceremony since our religions were different - and thought it might be best to have someone officiate. We began our search using weddingwire - which directed up to Rev M-R who already had great reviews... On our first encounter with Rev M-R she was extremely professional, extremely detail oriented, very warm and understanding, and we felt she really took the time to understand our story and map out what we wanted our wedding procession to look like. We did not have a conventional wedding and Rev M-R, helped us customize the wedding that we wanted. As we also aree inter-faith and inter-culture she also asked us if we wanted to include anything from our culture/religions (we are Filipino and Jewish) and funny enough she already knew about the wedding traditions of each of our cultures - and gave us suggestions. After that - we knew that we wanted to have Rev M-R officiate our ceremony.. During the whole process of preparing for the wedding, Rev M-R was the one who get us on track, followed-up, had a check list with all the details, and even connected with our venue and our photographer to ensure the logistics.... The day of the ceremony, Rev M-R showed up, met with our maid of honor and best man (let them know their responsibilities), and reassured that everything would go perfectly - which it did! During the ceremony, it went as we imagined it would... Rev M-R's delivery was touching and inspiring, and her words really moved the audience... Honestly there was so much adrenaline pumping it was all a blur, but afterwards various members of our family came over and told us that Rev M-R was amazing, and that it was really a beautiful procession... In the end, honestly, it could not have gone better. Mary-Rose was reliable, professional, and really dedicated to her trade (and as you will see - is very passionate about what she does).

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Rachel

The ceremony is the most important part of the wedding day. We initially interviewed four different officiants to find the perfect person to lead our wedding ceremony but no one seemed like quite the right fit. It was quite a disheartening experience. We then met with Rev... Read More Mary-Rose, and we instantly connected. An interfaith, non-denominational minister was exactly what we needed as I am Jewish and my now husband is Buddhist. We were looking for a non-religious ceremony that was focused on who we were as a couple. Rev Mary-Rose was able to deliver just that. She worked with us the months leading up to the ceremony delivering a beautiful draft beforehand for us to review and provide comment on. We only made a few minor changes to the initial draft provided, it captured exactly what we wanted to convey to our guests. On the day of the wedding, many of our guests came up to us afterwards to let us know what a beautiful, heartfelt ceremony she delivered. We were beyond pleased with Rev Mary-Rose and can confidently recommend her to other brides and grooms looking for to tell their story through their wedding ceremony. Also to note, is that we were married at the Garden City Hotel on Long Island, and Rev Mary-Rose was willing to take the train out to Long Island to officiate our ceremony, and we really appreciated that!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 John T

Reverend Mary-Rose was a pleasure to work with. My sister-in-law recommended her because she went to a wedding where Rev. Mary-Rose was officiating and it just really stuck with her as a great ceremony. My husband and I were so lucky to have Rev. Mary-Rose as our officiant. It... Read More really made our wedding special. Rev. Mary-Rose has a loving and caring manner and can really see the entire purpose of the ceremony - to entertain guests while describing your special love story with everyone. We had so many compliments on our actual ceremony. She is a great story teller and was able to sum up our experiences in nice interesting points for everyone to hear. My husband actually shed a tear when he first read our ceremony. And so did a bunch of guests at our wedding. Good tears. I'm so happy Rev. Mary-Rose was a part of our special day. She is a delight to work with, very professional and warm. The ceremony really is a big deal at the wedding, so please go with Rev. Mary-Rose. Also Rev. Mary-Rose is accommodating to every religion, I found this helpful in our situation to include everyone's beliefs.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Elizabeth C

We cannot say enough great things about Rev. Mary Rose! From the moment we met her we knew she was the one to perform our ceremony. She walked us through the process which put us at ease. Her attention to detail in creating our ceremony showed us how passionate she is about... Read More her craft. We had many guests tell us how much they really enjoyed our ceremony due to the personal details she included. She listened to what we envisioned our ceremony to be and she exceeded our expectations. She truly made our special day even more special!

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Elizabeth C

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Rev. Mary Rose is a wonderful, passionate and professional officiant. I married the man of my dreams on Dec. 24, 2015 in Central Park, Bow Bridge. It was a beautiful sunny winter day in which the sun rays were my maid of honors. To complete this beautiful scenario Rev. Mary... Read More Rose Engle offered the most heart warming ceremony that gave our wedding the loving touch. She excelled in all aspects since day one that we contacted her. Anytime I had any questions or doubts she responded quickly and was a wonderful guidance. Our selection of Rev Engle was a winning selection. I can highly recommend her services that will give any bride and groom the security of having that special ceremony you dream with. Spectacular!!

Simple and Perfect

Reviewed on 1/02/2016

Rev. Mary-Rose was perfect for us. We luckily found her by googling officiants in NYC and from the first contact new she was perfect. We are from Dallas, TX and got married in Central Park in NYC in July 2015. It was a tiny ceremony with a couple friends and our baby boy. We... Read More explained to Mary-Rose early on that we wanted something simple but meaningful to us, and she certainly delivered. She walked us through different parts on the ceremony, asking questions to get to know us so the words would be perfect. She even helped us decide where to have the ceremony in Central Park. As out-of-towners that was invaluable. Start to finish, she was amazing and our ceremony was perfect.

Reviewed on 12/25/2015

We booked Rev Mary for an elopement wedding following the recommendation of a friend. Being from the UK and travelling to NYC alone for our wedding we were nervous about the ceremony but Rev Mary did everything to put us at ease.  The ceremony was so calming and intimate,... Read More everything we had hoped for. We were happy and assured with Rev Marys professionalism and responsiveness throughout the entire process. She really is a joy to work with and did everything she could to make our wedding day an unforgettable day.