Old Daley on Crooked Lake

Averill Park, NY

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

"Where Romance Lives"

If you are planning a wedding, you have to see our beautifully renovated historic event center, The Old Daley on Crooked Lake. You owe it to yourself to take a personal tour! After you experience our unique and special venue, you will absolutely fall in love!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Estate, Historic Venue

Food + Catering, Planning

2339 State Route 43 & 66, Averill Park, NY

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

The Old Daley is like working with family that has got it all going on in a major way!!! From the very moment we walked into the venue and were greeted by Janice and Elise we were impressed. All who we worked with—Marty, Janice, Elise, Stephanie and Chef Jeff—are gracious,... Read More personable, positive, knowledgeable, helpful and tasteful. The whole experience with them convinced us they truly strived to make our wedding day the most magical, smooth-running event customized to meet our needs, taste and dreams. They walked us through the process step-by-step. They answered every question with a level of knowledge and problem solving that comes with a deep level of experience in the business. Our custom tasting was an amazing meal and our change requests were met with positivity and Stephanie delivered alternatives that steered the menu to a delightful level. Elise was a tireless angel in every way from day one up to our wedding day, walking us through every detail and delivering above and beyond. On our wedding day we arrived to see an overwhelming array of flowers! The wedding of the night before had left them all and the staff kept them out in case we wanted to have them to add to our own! All of our Old Daley friends were there the entire time making sure it flowed perfectly and we could see in their faces why they do this. They were all having a great time! Marty prepared a special plate of appetizers for us during the cocktail hour and served us just to make sure we remembered to eat something! Elise was consistent in making sure every moment of the day flowed with grace. And Janice, Stephanie and Jeff made sure it looked magical and tasted fabulous. There is no question in our minds and our guests that in the Albany area, this is THE PLACE and THE PEOPLE to work with. We made the RIGHT CHOICE and we have a LIFETIME of amazing memories, thanks to these great people!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Lacey M

From the second we walked into Old Daley on Crooked Lake my (now) husband and I knew this was the place we wanted to get married at. Not only is it unique and beautiful but all of their staff members (especially Marty, Janice and Elise) are AMAZING! I know for a fact that they... Read More make EVERY Bride and Groom feel this way, almost like they are planning their own Wedding. They take great pride in every event they host and add just enough love to make everyone feel special. All of our guests kept on telling us how beautiful the venue was and how AMAZING the food was! They couldn't believe how delicious everything was for Wedding Food (which from my experience isn't always the case). I couldn't imagine having our special day at any other venue. Everything turned out perfectly and we are FOREVER grateful to everyone at Old Daley on the Crooked Lake for making our day as wonderful as you did! Thank you! xoxoxoxo

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Heather K

Our wedding at the Old Daley on Crooked Lake was more than we could have dreamed of. The setting of the Lake House and the weather were amazing, and everything the day of went without a hitch. The quality of the food, wait service and coordination the day of was excellent.... Read More Throughout the process the staff was professional and helpful. For the money we invested, I expected the coordinator to be more responsive and offer more specific guidance before the wedding. She missed a couple emails I had sent and almost got our cake flavors wrong. I expected her to volunteer more of her knowledge to help us make decisions such as how many cases of champagne to order. Indeed, she holds this knowledge and ultimately shared it to help us with our decisions. The coordinator's skills shined the brightest the day of the wedding - she guided everyone to be where they needed, when they needed, providing a calming presence for a nervous and excited wedding party. She worked well with our vendors also. We received many compliments on the beautiful setting, delicious food and yummy drinks. I would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone for their special day.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

My [now] husband and I got married here a year ago and it was absolutely spectacular! It was everything we wanted in a wedding venue. The only upsetting part was that they did not pack any food for us to take home at the end of the night, which is shocking since most places... Read More provide this service. We got back to our hotel room hungry. Nor did they have any cocktail hour food available for us. It was a bummer after we paid all that money to feed people except ourselves. Otherwise, we loved this place. Janice, Marty and Elise are so sweet and enthusiastic and treat you like family.

Amazing

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Alisandra C

The Old Daley on Crooked Lake was amazing. Amazing service, food and staff. I would recommend them to any one. They go above and beyond and will answer any question you have. If they don't know the answer, they will find it for you. So happy we chose to go with The Old Daley on... Read More Crooked Lake!

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Amanda F

We cannot say enough good things about the Crooked Lake House. With not many options for a wedding venue do to our size of a guest list, Janice and Elise reassured us we could make it work, and they sure did! Everything about our day was perfect, there was no page unturned.... Read More Elise was there for anything we needed at anytime during the wedding and the entire process leading up to our big day. We cannot thank everyone of their amazing staff for such a perfect day and an amazing job all around. I don't think one person could have left our wedding hungry, and everyone raved how delicious everything was. People kept telling us we probably wouldn't get to eat out meals because we would be too busy but I cleared my entire plate and it was amazing! We are so happy we chose such a beautiful place with caring and friendly staff. We would recommend them to anyone looking to get married! 9/26/15 was a night to remember!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Christa C

I could write an entire essay on just how wonderful The Crooked Lake House is, but for the viewers sake I will keep it short and sweet. Not only is the Crooked Lake house a stunning and breathtaking location but there are not words to describe just how wonderful the staff and... Read More owners are. The food never fails to be delicious and perfect, the staff is fun, friendly, and accommodating, and over all they know how to throw one heck of a party! Crooked Lake clearly loves what they do and will go above and beyond to meet your needs and make your dream day come true. It is clear the owners are passionate about the venue and this reflects in their staff. My wedding planner, Kyla, was just perfect and made the entire process not just easy but fun too! I never dreamed my wedding could be as spectacular and fabulous as it was and CLH made it all happen

Best Day Ever 10/11/15!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Katelyn N

How can I describe our experience at the Crooked Lake House? Amazing from start to finish, beautiful, perfect. The staff at the Crooked Lake House, especially our wedding planner Kyla, made our experience at the Crooked Lake House perfect from start to finish. We literally... Read More had absolutely no worries about the venue, food, décor, or experience…they took care of EVERYTHING. My out of town guests who had never heard of the Crooked Lake House said it was the most beautiful venue they have ever seen and everyone said it was the best food they have had at a wedding. We cannot stop raving over how beautiful and perfect the whole day was. I wish we could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Melissa F

Where do I begin? From start to finish, our planner Elise was incredibly helpful in the planning process, answering all of our questions…and trust me we had a ton! The venue is absolutely stunning: every single guest raved about it. They only host one event per day so we had... Read More the entire property. Tons of room for guests, so many amazing locations for photos. We were treated like royalty. They were super flexible with menu choices and creating special plates for those with food restrictions. Speaking of food-INCREDIBLE. Everyone raved about it! I will be honest-they are pricy BUT worth every singe penny. We would do it all over again times 5 and definitely have it here again. The venue is open for dinner in the winter and we're looking forward to attending!

Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

My husband and I recently got married at Crooked Lake this past weekend. I do not have a single complaint! Everything went smoothly from rearranging the order of the bridal party processing down the aisle five minutes before the wedding started to unexpected guests showing up.... Read More Our wedding planner handled everything without involving myself (the bride) which kept my stress level to a minimum. The only complaint on the food was that there was so many delicious options that people struggled to pick their favorite. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding, rain or shine :)

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Colyn F

We couldn't be happier we chose the Old Daley Inn at Crooked Lake for our wedding ceremony and reception. The space alone is worth every penny. Set alongside a beautiful lake with picturesque trees, the rustic Old Daley Inn is stunning from the moment you drive up. Our... Read More pristine ceremony took place on the lake on a gorgeous day. Although we brought a few decorations for outside, they were simply the cherries on top. The setting needed little help in taking our breath away, both in person and in our photographs. Inside is just as glamorous. The Oak Room, where our cocktail hour was, is right out of a movie: stone walls and wooden furniture illuminated beautifully by the natural light coming in from the windows. The reception hall overlooks the lake, which was quite nice for us since we chose to have our ceremony there too. The photos on their website don't do the space enough justice. It is more beautiful in person!! And the staff...the staff was extraordinary. Elise was our event planner. She guided us gently and generously through any questions we had for her and the ins and outs of Crooked Lake. Elise also provided us with great feedback about the recommended professionals we hired for the day of. On the day of the wedding, we never felt rushed, late, or pressured. Elise took us through the day with the utmost ease and class, always remaining calm, collected, and upbeat. We came to value her opinion greatly and trusted her with plenty. She worked seamlessly with our photographer and DJ to ensure we had the best day ever. In addition to Elise, the wait staff hired were all very flexible, quick on their toes, and especially kind to all our guest (including my very Italian mother). Getting married at Crooked Lake was a dream come true. Receptions here have been a family tradition for many many years. We were so so happy to keep the tradition alive. If I could give it 10 stars, I would!!

What an AMAZING experience!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 Lauren B

We loved working with Marty, Janice and Kayla! The food was amazing, the venue was amazing, the day was amazing!!!!! We just cannot thank everyone at Old Daley enough for helping make the day memorable! People are still talking about the experience and it has been only a month.... Read More We have friends and family who are well traveled and they couldnt say enough how it was the best steak they ever had. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Eliane

A big thank you to Janice, Marty, Elise and all of the staff at the Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake for making our wedding day absolutely perfect! The food was phenomenal and the staff was top notch. From our very first meeting to the very end of the reception we were made to feel... Read More welcome and like part of the ODI family. Elise took our ideas and our itinerary and made sure that we had absolutely nothing to worry about on our big day. There was not one single stressor for us or our families… everything was perfectly well taken care of. On top of the staff, the venue was gorgeous. The setting fit us and our families to a tee… a perfect mix of rustic and classy. A perfect spot for a perfect day. We heard many comments from our guests and wedding party after the reception: *the best food they’ve ever eaten at a wedding *a perfect spot for a wedding *setting was cozy and inviting *the staff and the service was great *everyone was super accommodating *Bride and Grooms suite were ideal *the snow and the lake made for a perfect backdrop for first look and portrait photos

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Eliane

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

The Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake was the perfect place to have our wedding. We had been there for a fall wedding a few years earlier, and knew that it would be a great place for a winter wedding. The staff is amazing! We worked closely with Janice Keary and Elise Testo, and... Read More they were both wonderful! Elise was especially helpful in keeping us on track to make sure that we were doing everything we needed to for our big day! We couldn't have asked for better people to plan our wedding with. The food was phenomenal and the venue looked beautiful on the day of our wedding. We can't say enough good things about the Old Daley Inn and staff! I would recommend this venue to anyone who wants their wedding day to go perfectly, because ours sure did!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Mackenzie N

Amazing, amazing, and amazing! There are not enough words to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation to Elise and Marty for their professionalism, patience with our questions, attention to every detail, help with our decisions, fun and friendly help throughout the entire... Read More process and the day---we could go on and on and on. I would recommend The Crooked Lake House for anyone, anywhere, anytime for anything!!! Fabulous staff, outstanding food, 100% total customer service oriented, and beautiful location everywhere on property. Elise even jumped behind the bar to ensure the groom's drinks were always filled! Rave reviews from ALL our guests on the ceremony and reception. We want to do it all over again!!!! We can't thank you enough for creating such a beautiful memory for our entire family and group of friends. MacKenzie & Joshua Halse and the Nachtrieb Family

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Mackenzie N

I had a BEAUTIFUL, MEMORABLE wedding!

Reviewed on 9/02/2015 Lauren B

Marty, Janice and the team at the Crooked Lake were WONDERFUL!! I couldnt be happier or more satisfied with our wedding day. The food, the space, the atmosphere was FANTASTIC! Guests are telling us they wish they could go back in time and experience their meals again, that the... Read More wedding location was just gorgeous and the wow factor they had with the whole day. We also used the space for our ceremony and it was absolutely perfect!

Caterer for Saratoga Polo

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Kirsten A

We just recently had our wedding and cannot say enough about Old Daley at Saratoga Polo. The service was stellar. Our guests haven't stopped talking about how great the food and service was. Through the whole process, it was nothing but positive and a very can do attitude. Great... Read More to work with but also made the planning process very fun! Would highly recommend Old Daley Inn Catering!

A beautiful place for a wedding

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Renee F

The Old Daley Inn is beautiful. We had our ceremony on site. We wanted to have it outside but the ground was still too wet so we had it inside. Everyone was raving about the food (which rarely happens at Weddings)

Absolutely Incredible Venue!!!

Reviewed on 1/02/2015

Such a perfect experience

Reviewed on 12/06/2014 Eliane H

My Dream Come True Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Michelle G

Where to begin? I fell in love with Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake immediately, even in the drab, dark days of mud-covered snowy winter. They are accommodating, reasonable, and can truly provide amazing food at the ideal, beautiful location. They listen and care about their... Read More clients and want them to be happy. I am thrilled with our wedding and would recommend this venue to anyone! My small bride advice is: be prepared there's little to no cell service there (might be a blessing!) and that glitches can happen at any wedding venue so read reviews carefully. Best wishes and thanks Crooked Lake!

I had an AMAZING wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Lisa K

The staff at the Crooked Lake House was fantastic. The venue is so beautiful!! I had a ceremony outside right on the water and then my reception inside in their beautiful ballroom. The food was amazing and Kyle (my assigned wedding coordinator) help make sure everything went... Read More off without a hitch. We didn't end up needing it because we lucked out with a nice day but they also have a really nice indoor space available if you need it. I really liked that you have the entire space to yourself on the day of your wedding. They have a great bridal suite upstairs where my girls and I spent the day getting ready. There is a room for the guys too and they all used it to get dressed before the ceremony. Another plus, my pictures are beautiful. There are so many great places to get pictures around the facility. I would totally recommend this as the perfect spot to get married!!