2017 Knot Best of Weddings Winner! (Hall of Fame)

One price for all night! No hidden fees! No deposit required! Photo Booths & Uplighting Entertainment is a major part of making your special event something to remember. Our unparalleled service, competitive prices, and 15 years experience are what we have to offer. Check us out on Facebook.

Arabic, Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Brittany R

Our DJ John was fantastic! He had such a great personality and was clearly a pro. He handled everything when it came to the music and organization so we didn't have to worry about anything. Our guests all raved about his music choices as well. He also did a beautiful job... Read More decorating the venue with lighting. The photobooth they offer was a big hit too! Highly recommend. Affordable and professional!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Shannon C

We used On The Mic for our wedding and could not have been happier. Brian communicated great throughout the months leading up to the wedding and then we had DJ John as our actual DJ for the big day. His communication was great as well, very easy going, and offered suggestions... Read More when needed. We had a conference call to finalize all of the details in which he went over the timeline and adjusted as we wanted. The reception was a total hit! John kept things running extremely smoothly, kept ME on pace when I didn't realize how fast the time was going. All the music was great, as was the photo booth and uplighting! He even set up outside our reception for out "after party" which was AWESOME! My husband and I would highly recommend On the Mic Entertainment.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Lindsie D

We had DJ Keream for our 9.9.17 wedding and he was absolutely exceptional! He listened to what the groom and I were wanting during our final consultation before the wedding and made us so excited for our big day. He was so much fun! There were people constantly on the dance... Read More floor having a great time. He kept in touch with the groom and I all evening making sure we were all on the same page. I appreciate everything he did to help make our day so special. We had so much fun and would recommend Keream and On the Mic to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Elizabeth F

Sean was the DJ For our wedding and did a phenomenal job!!! He provided services for our ceremony and reception. Brian was super easy to work with from the beginning, and we were introduced to Sean, who helped us plan every detail. He met with us via Skype to go over the entire... Read More day and made us feel so comfortable. We had no worries going into the day and Sean executed seamlessly. Our guests all said he was the best DJ they had ever seen at a wedding! Thanks again guys!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Bronwyn B

Sean and his assistant knew how to get people on the dance floor! They were very easy to work with. I think Sean was actually the first person to bring us cocktails at the reception! He was always checking in to make sure we were happy. I also appreciated how the pricing was... Read More easy to understand....no unpleasant surprises!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Stacey S

We used On the Mic for our DJ service, Photobooth, and uplighting for our wedding. Everything came out wonderful. Our Dj was Dan and he was amazing! Kept the reception moving along great and played a great selection of songs! Highly recommend this one stop shop for any wedding... Read More reception!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Amanda B

We had Adam as our dj at our August wedding and he was fantastic! He was able to move all the "events" along and helped keep people on the dance floor! He continuously checked on us throughout the night and made sure we were having the best time possible. We are very thankful to... Read More have used On the Mic Entertainment for our reception!

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Emma W

We used On the Mic for our wedding on 07/08/17. Our venue recommended On the Mic so we met with Brian Kerns in October 2016. On the Mic was the first DJ company we met with and as soon as we met with Brian and started talking, we knew we wanted On the Mic to be our wedding... Read More DJ; we didn't even meet with an other company! Brian was very thorough, professional and made us feel at ease that he would make sure our wedding reception went smoothly. We met with Brian again right before the wedding to go over the details of the reception, music selection and pronunciation of names for bridal party. Our wedding reception could have not been more perfect! Brian did such an awesome job of being calm and professional throughout the whole event. He talked with our bridal party right before the reception to go over pronunciation of names again and to explain to them what was going to happen during the reception entrance, as we had planned. He did an excellent job of moving the reception along with speeches and the bride/groom, father/daughter and the mother/son dance. The dance floor was packed the whole reception! Everyone had such a great time! On the Mic was so easy to work with and professional. I totally recommend them! Thank you so much for making our wedding reception so fun!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Lauren M

Great DJ-ing at the wedding. Our DJ, John, was great! He was super helpful and he played all the songs to get the guests on the dance floor. He kept the night at a great pace and listened to my directions. No complaints about the DJ at all, everyone I know had a great time!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Maria D

We could not have asked for a better DJ. John went above and beyond to keep us in the loop all evening as well as keep the dance floor going. Truly made our night so special and fun!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Lauren A

On the Mic Entertainment... I am not quite sure what to say. Admittedly, I was rather concerned going into the day of the wedding. When we first booked them for our special day, we spoke with Brian Kerns, who assured us that he would be our DJ for the evening. I was a little... Read More apprehensive - I had only ever heard wonderful things, but Brian is a different kind of person to deal with. Despite the fact that he is very experienced and clearly knows what he's doing, his confidence borders on obnoxious arrogance, and I was unsure as to how that might sit with my family. Nonetheless, I had every confidence that he would take care of us just the same. About two and a half weeks before the wedding, however, I received an e-mail from James Bischoff informing me that he would be our DJ instead. I wasn't necessarily complaining, but we never were told exactly why that change took place. I assume, though, that it was for good reason. Upon meeting with James, I was rather uneasy. While he was far more laid back and personable than Brian, I got the distinct impression that he did not like me very much. I could tell that he was not at all pleased with our order of events, but by that time our programs had already been printed - schedule included. My now-husband absolutely adored him from the start, however, and now that everything is said and done, I couldn't complain if I wanted to. James was absolutely wonderful, and he kept the reception moving and ON TIME - I couldn't believe it! Our wedding was the first I ever attended where everything happened right on schedule... except the cake cutting, but that was my fault (long story). Just the same, he was fantastic, and the maid of honor and best man both loved him as well. I wouldn't have traded him for anyone else! I am very excited to add my review to the many others that convinced me to choose On the Mic Entertainment in the first place. They were truly wonderful, and I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Amy B

We used On the Mic for our music at our wedding last weekend and we were very happy! We also opted for their photobooth and uplighting which our guests really enjoyed! They even put copies of our guests photos in a nice album for us to take home! Sean was our DJ and we were very... Read More impressed with his professionalism. He met with us before the wedding to nail down details and asked us questions about things that we hadn't even thought of! The assistants for the music and photo booth were very professional as well! They made sure everything with intros went smoothly and kept the dance floor packed all night! We had a long, long list of song requests and Sean was great about making sure each got played! I've heard some other vendors will only allow you to have 10 or so requests and the rest is up to the DJ's discretion, but we were so happy this wasn't the case! Sean accommodated us with our dinner music as well- we had requested acoustic versions of popular country songs without the lyrics and they were a big hit with many of our guests! There was a slight snag with the sound system, that Sean worked diligently to get out the kinks and it was no big deal! I would highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Anna W

We were very pleased with Donny for our DJ for our wedding reception! It was not easy planning a wedding from out of town, but Donny made the effort to talk via phone and knot messaging so he could do his best to understand the genres of music that best fit our personalities. We... Read More are so great for his efforts and for bringing our talkative guests to the dance floor. Thanks Donny!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Megan E

Just fantastic! We had Sean as our DJ and he was wonderful! He kept everything on track, had a great personality, and was just so much fun to be around. He made sure all of our must have songs were played. That even including the Hot Dog song from Mickey mouse clubhouse for our... Read More little two year old son. He was extremely professional too. My husband and I found out after the wedding (from one of our guests) that he was having some difficulty with the sound system in our venue (which it was an old mansion so that is no surprise). However, he didn't even flinch or let us know. He just kept it going and rolled with the punches. We also had uplighting provided by them and it was beautiful! We were concerned about doing that considering the electrical within the old house, but everything was battery operated and LED. It worked out perfectly! I would and will recommend them again and again! Sean was the BEST and Brian was such a pleasure to work with as well.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Christina S

Sean and On the Mic Entertainment DJ'ed our wedding October 15, 2016 at the Gish Barn and they were AMAZING from start to finish. We cannot say enough wonderful things about them. We searched long and hard and contacted several DJ's and felt most comfortable with On the Mic.... Read More Living out of town makes planning a wedding a little more difficult but they were awesome at communicating and made the planning seem easy. They were honest and upfront with us and told us with our specific venue that up lighting is not necessary and that it might take away from the rustic appeal we were going for. Sean was super laid back, flexible, and accomodating. He met with me a few weeks before the wedding and went over everything, including how to correctly pronounce everyone's name. Having DJ'ed at our venue before he was very helpful and made several recommendations on what has worked best in the past. On our wedding day, 15 minutes before our ceremony Sean's computer did an automatic upgrade and shut down. He ended up playing all our ceremony music through his phone and we never knew any of this until after the fact. At first we were a little nervous because we were told there would be two people (DJ and an MC) on our big day but after meeting with Sean he said it was just going to be him at our wedding. However, Sean far exceeded our expectations and wasn't just a DJ but a mini wedding planner. He helped us make a schedule for the big day, took charge, and made sure we stayed on track. He made our day run so smoothly by checking in with us to see if there was anything he could do. He was awesome at keeping the party going and kept people on the dance floor until the lights came on. We didn't even get a chance to talk to all our guests because Sean kept us dancing. I cannot tell you how many compliments we got about our DJ. When we got back to the bar/restaurant at the hotel we were staying at we were surprised to see Sean there. He said our friends and family were so much fun he wanted to continue celebrating with us. He was so much fun, is awesome at what he does, and it's evident he truly loves his job. We HIGHLY recommend Sean and On the Mic Entertainment!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Bailey S

Brian and his crew were so much fun to work with! They make sure that everything goes smoothly so that you have nothing to worry about on the big day. The dance floor was full all night and all of our guests loved them!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Mary Beth M

We loved James! He was truly a dream to work with. He was so laid back which was exactly what we needed from our DJ. He kept the party moving and kept everyone dancing. There wasn't a song he couldn't play, even an obscure Third Eye Blind song. I highly recommend this company... Read More for any and all events especially weddings.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Andrea R

Brian and his team were great. We hired them as our DJ, our Photobooth, and our up lighting experts for our September 24th wedding, and they did a fantastic job. Brian met with us ahead of time to get a sense for the kind of music we wanted, as well as to ensure that he... Read More pronounced all of our bridal party's names correctly. Our guests loved the music, and we had a fantastic night.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Tara R

DJ Dale was superb! He met us personally a few weeks before the wedding to go over all the details we wanted and offered a wealth of knowledge and advice. We talked during the weeks leading up to the wedding and he answered every question and concern we had. The ceremony music... Read More was perfect and the timing was on target. It was gorgeous. The reception was a BLAST. DJ Dale kept the party going until close. He was extremely attentive to our needs, always checking in and making sure we were happy. His flexibility was astounding as we had some unforeseen changes and Dale rolled with it. We could not be happier with his performance as a DJ. He was kind, knowledgeable and professional. We are so thankful we had him. Thank you, Dale!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Lindsey H

DJ James did an amazing job. I felt that he really listened to what we wanted in our pre-wedding Skype meeting, and delivered on the big day. We really couldn't have asked for more. He played a great mix of music for all ages, and most importantly, kept everyone dancing the... Read More entire night. He was constantly reading the crowd, and there was never a dull moment. James was also very pleasant to work with and brought a great energy without constantly talking into the mic. I highly recommend DJ James!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Beth E

We had DJ Sean for our wedding. He met with us a few weeks before to confirm all the details of our wedding, including pronunciation of names and what kind of music we liked. He made our day extra special and kept us on schedule throughout the night. He also ROCKED the dance... Read More floor.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Laura K

We had Sean through open mic and he did a great job moving the wedding along. He also played at the ceremony. The photo booth was a hit too!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Kelly W

On the Mic was wonderful to work with! We had James as our DJ and he kept the party going the whole night! He was helpful with pre-wedding preparations and listened to exactly what we wanted as far as music and timelines

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Sarah N

We used On the Mic for a DJ and photo booth. Both services were great

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

John was fabulous and so much fun to work with! He kept things moving even when I wasn't paying attention or talking too much! The only thing we were unhappy with was that some songs we had specifically requested beforehand were not played. Everyone had a wonderful time and he... Read More really kept the crowd going!

Brian Kerns

I am the owner of On the Mic Entertainment, but I’m also one of the DJs. Over 10 years ago I started singing karaoke at a local bar. I quickly became friends with the DJ. He went on vacation and I had my opportunity to fill in as the DJ. I FELL IN LOVE! My love for all music, and my need to be in front of people made this the perfect job for me. I get to meet new people ever week and see the joy on their face when they are having a great time is enough for me. I was hooked, and still am to this day!