One Tree Weddings Films

Welcome to One Tree! We are a collection of storytellers first and filmmakers second. We believe capturing the audio of your day is every bit as important as capturing the video of your day. We are passionate about finding the smallest detail on your wedding day and making it a timeless moment.

Documentary

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Video

On Location, Kansas City, MO (913) 636-3474

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Sara H

One Tree Studios was amazing. We used them for our wedding in Kansas City, MO on June 10, 2017. I had given Michael a whole check list of what we wanted for our wedding day, from slow motion shots, to aerial/drone shots, the city, our family, etc..... his team did an incredible... Read More job and we couldn't be happier with how our feature film turned out. We will cherish it forever. What we didn't even know until we watched the video back was that there were actually 3 videographers there for our entire day and we never even noticed them. I would highly recommend them to any and everyone!

Reviewed on 2/10/2017 natalie p

When my husband and I were planning our wedding, so many friends and family members advised us not to scrimp on our photographer. We followed this advice, and went with One Tree for their artistic but unposed style of event photos. Working with Matt was a breeze-- he was... Read More prompt, thoughtful and thorough in all our communications. Matt has a laid-back approach and was very unobtrusive on the big day, but he truly worked his butt off capturing all the details, moments, and personality of our event and guests. We sprung for a second photographer and, like Matt, she was courteous, professional, and took beautiful photos. Best of all, we were elated to find over 1000 edited photos ready for us only TWO WEEKS after the wedding! Picking our favorites was tough because so many of the images were so captivating. We're so glad we didn't scrimp on the photographer, and would choose to work with One Tree again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Karee H

I used to watch One Tree Studios wedding videos, and without fail, I would ALWAYS cry. I was so excited to see what this incredibly talented team would create for our October 1st wedding. They did not disappoint. Michael coordinated many of the logistics surrounding our day... Read More while Joe served as the point person and lead videographer for the day-of. They were both an absolute dream to work with. Leading up to the day, Michael was accommodating, flexible, and always kept me in the loop regarding timing and day-of details. On our actual wedding day, Joe was so wonderful to work with. He kept the mood fun, lighthearted, and he so beautifully captured moments that make my heart melt. Following the wedding, Michael and Joe bent over backwards to ensure that every detail of our wedding video was exactly how we envisioned. I can't thank them enough for their professionalism, kindness, and just downright awesomeness. These guys are the real deal. We went back and forth so many times about whether or not we wanted a wedding video. Take my advice. Get the video. Our video is something that I could watch over-and-over and never get sick of it. This team captured so many special moments, and through their beautifully created film, I am able to relive every moment. It is something that my husband and I will truly treasure forever. If you choose to do a wedding video, go with One Tree Studios. The works of art that they create truly says it all.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Laura O

My husband and I could not have chosen a better photographer for our engagement pictures and wedding day. I am not a creative or imaginative person and Matt was there every step of the way. For our engagement pictures, my husband and I were a little nervous and a lot awkward.... Read More Matt made us feel very comfortable and was very imaginative and our pictures came out perfectly. On our wedding day, Matt and Josh were so professional and amazingly creative and our pictures came out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. The turn-around for our engagement photos was only 3 weeks; and 5 for our wedding. Amazing! Again, I cannot express how happy I am with our pictures and how wonderful Matt was to work with. I have perfect photos of our perfect day that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Safiye W

We couldn't be happier with our choice on a wedding photographer. Not only did he provide a personal experience, but he was able to capture every moment. We highly recommend One Tree Studios! Cost=great, timing=great, final product=great.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Rebecca S

We are so lucky to have found One Tree Studios for our wedding videography! Michael and his crew were just incredible to work with. They were kind, easy-going, organized, professional, and fun, and they took the time to get to know us on a personal level in order to showcase our... Read More likes and personalities in our unbelievable wedding documentary. It has truly been a blast to share our video with our friends and family, and they can't stop commenting about the professionalism and artistry captured in our film. One Tree Studios is THE BEST KC has to offer in wedding videography, hands down. My husband and I highly recommend them to anyone searching for an unforgettable way to capture your wedding day. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Jennifer D

I had both photo and video done by One Tree and they were amazing from start to finish! They were very professional, easy to work with, and very responsive. All team members blended into the background on the day of, I hardly remember seeing them during the event but they were... Read More there capturing every important moment! I would highly recommend using them for your big day! Best decision ever!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Emily H

My husband and I did quite a bit of searching online for photographers for our wedding, but when we saw Matt's work and got in touch with him, we knew it would be a great fit! Matt helped us figure out what we wanted, but never pressured us into buying more than we wanted to... Read More spend money on. He worked with our budget and helped us find ways to cut costs. The package still included our engagement pictures (which were fantastic!), plenty of time to get all the wedding photos, and an custom album! What really sealed the deal was that we were able to download all our pictures to use however we like. We LOVE how Matt captured our personalities and the atmosphere of the wedding. He was extremely comfortable to work with and stayed so calm even though we were on a tight schedule for pictures before and after the ceremony. This helped me so much! If you're looking for someone that is great at capturing amazing pictures in the midst of all the wedding chaos, Matt is your guy!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 Sarah T

One Tree Studios does great work and they are easy to communicate with. Our wedding pictures turned out amazing!

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Kelley B

One Tree Studios was fantastic! My fiance and I really enjoyed first meeting with Matt, how he explained his company, what they strive for and his history as a photographer. It gave us a good sense of what type of photos we were going to get from him (in addition to the... Read More wedding books he brought along which was nice to peek through photos in person, not just online). We were really looking for a natural photographer, someone to capture the whole day the way it really was, so it was important to us that the photographer enjoyed and had a lot of examples of candid photos because that was more important to us than portraits (although the portraits were great as well!) We chose One Tree because the style of photos were different than what you typically see, we loved that and also because we felt comfortable with Matt, which we thought was really important considering neither of us like being photographed. The engagement session was a great trial run. We wanted to take photos at the restaurant where we got engaged but found out shortly before we were starting that it was closed and Matt was really flexible - he already had other ideas of locations in mind. It was also a day with 114 degree heat index and he, along with us, suffered through it without any complaints. He was fantastic at capturing the moment while we were walking and talking like we normally would so we felt very at ease. He also did am amazing job getting a lot of different scenery in the photo at just one location - we were really surprised and happy at how the photos looked like we took them in multiple different locations! We also had a pretty tight turn around for the photos, we wanted to use them for our save the dates that needed to be mailed in two weeks and he was extremely accommodating, we had the photos back in less than a week which we really appreciated. Leading up to the wedding, Matt had good recommendations for our timeline from his experiences at weddings which was helpful and was open to the locations we wanted to go to for photos as well as suggesting locations that would look good for our winter wedding. Day of - amazing! When Matt was with the ladies, it felt like he wasn't even there, it never felt like he was intruding to get a shot or that we needed to permanently smile because the camera was on us. He got photos of absolutely everything and more at my home with the ladies before the wedding and Nancy, the second photographer got a lot of great shots with the men as well! At the wedding, same situation, Matt and Nancy were not in the line of sight at all and I never noticed either of them taking photos. The end result was fantastic - we are so happy with all of our photos! The use of space and light in our photos is fantastic... we were extremely impressed at how great each photo looked, the creativity behind each one and how the photos truly documented our whole day and got things on camera we never got to see. And we got the photos back in a week! Overall - I would highly recommend. Very easy going and extremely talented photographers, amazing photos to have forever.

Reviewed on 2/01/2016

My husband proposed to me at the beginning of December and we were married December 29th! Clearly we were not concerned about a big wedding, but we did decide that a great photographer was a must. Not only was I impressed w/ the work on One Tree Studio's site, but I was floored... Read More by Matt's willingness to deal with our last minute planning and plan changing. :) Matt was flexible, genuinely cared about our event and worked hard to get great shots the ENTIRE time. I would refer him in a heartbeat!!!

Reviewed on 1/27/2016 Kelly D

A MUST HAVE! I was one of those brides... "I don't need a video, they are too expensive, pictures are enough. It's not in the budget." No. Am I glad that former brides talked me out of this crazy thinking! After watching One Tree Hill's videos I knew I was wrong. This is the... Read More one memory piece that indescribably captures the events, details and emotions of the day. There is SO much going on and while pictures are great, they don't capture things like videos do. My husband and I have been watching ours thinking... How did we almost not do this? And why didn't we sign-up for all the extras? My only regret is not getting a bigger package with more hours and more footage, and also requesting the documentary edit. Go big or go home. Michael and his associate did a fabulous job... The video captured exactly what we wanted it to, which is the emotions, excitement and FUN of the day. He works with you on what is most important to you and your family to make sure he has a clear understanding of what you expect and your style. I can't recommend One Tree Hill's videography services enough... you won't regret it!

Matt Frye is a bride's dream

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Lori S

Our photographer, Matt Frye, was amazing. He is knowledgable and needs little direction to produce gorgeous photos. Whenever he suggested we do something, we just went with it, and every photo was amazing. We got married January 9, 2016, and the high that day was at midnight,... Read More with the temperature falling throughout the day. Despite that, he got us outside for my favorite photos from the whole day. Matt was calm & funny, patient & warm. As a bride with anxiety, he was everything I could have wanted in a photographer and enabled me to relax. He also captured some very funny moments from the day (my favorite kind of thing), and I couldn't be happier. The turnaround was quicker than expected, and I am so grateful that we had the opportunity to work with him. I hope we get the opportunity to work with him again in the future for family photos as we grow our family!

Reviewed on 12/22/2015 Jessica W

Michael and Joe with did an incredible job creating our wedding video. For those who go back and forth on getting a video, like we did, it is so worth it when you work with One Tree Studios. We didn't realize how much it would mean to get to see those moments between guests,... Read More parents, grandparents that we missed while running around all day. And it's special to see what I did get to see that day from a different perspective. They have a special touch for editing - the highlight film they create is second to none. Even though videos are wrapped up into minutes, the way the images, the music and the priceless words people say are all put together with such attention to detail somehow captures the entire story of your wedding and makes you feel like you've witnessed every detail. Plus, it felt like we were hanging out with old friends all day with Michael and Joe. They were fun and creative, made us feel so comfortable, and we barely noticed they were following us around with cameras. We couldn't recommend One Tree Studios more highly!

So glad we used One Tree!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Jenna H

Working with Matt (and his assistant) was a PERFECT experience from beginning to end. There's no other way to describe it. He is obviously so passionate about photographing beautiful moments - it absolutely shows in his work! We are so pleased with the quality of our wedding... Read More photos that we have to cherish forever. You really can't put a price on the quality of capturing such an important and beautiful day. I recommend him to everyone I know who needs a wedding photographer!

Above and Beyond what we Expected!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Blake S

Using One Tree Studios for our wedding photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We found One Tree Studios at a wedding show, and their photography blew us away- it was beautiful. From that point forward, working with Matt exceeded all of our... Read More expectations. Matt did an engagement shoot with us to get a feel for our style, and it was so helpful to work with him in this capacity before our wedding. He did our engagement photos on a freezing cold day, but still made the photo shoot fun, enjoyable, and our pictures turned out beautiful! Then came our wedding day, and he could not have been easier to work with. He made sure that he got all of the pictures we wanted, and he captured some truly amazing moments. We will cherish his pictures forever, and I would highly recommend his company to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. You will not find a more professional, capable, artistic photographer!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 11/18/2015

My wife and I worked with Matt from One Tree Studios for our wedding and engagement pictures, and we couldn't be happier that we worked with him. He was incredibly easy to work with, within our budget and the photos were amazing. He was also extremely fast in editing the photos... Read More and getting them to us. Overall, I wouldn't change a thing.

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Amanda C

Matt was wonderful! He got great pictures of candid moments with his creative and modern touch and also handled the family pictures with ease. He is so nice and accommodating. Also, he fit right in at the wedding. I had a few people comment on how they never even saw the... Read More photographer! Highly recommended.

2015-11-17T14:55:41 Response from the vendor

That's so GREAT to hear! Barely being noticed is such a compliment. Thank you! - Matt

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Soni O

There’s so many options out there for photography, it was hard to know where to begin, but I think we made a great decision to go with One Tree Studio. Not only did Matt help us determine what photo package was appropriate for the size and style of photography we were looking... Read More for, but he offered suggestions on timing and locations for specific photos. And when one of our planned “locations” didn’t work out, Matt had a great backup spot ready to go. Throughout the wedding, he really put us at ease, and most important…we have a beautiful collection of photographs to remember our day!

2015-11-17T14:56:33 Response from the vendor

Thanks Soni! The day was awesome! The curveball we were thrown ended up working out great. I was so happy with what we photographed around the pond. - Matt

SUPER PROFESSIONAL

Reviewed on 11/07/2015 Wendy S

Matt was wonderful throughout the whole process and I do not regret spending 1 cent. They were fantastic and so were the photos. We enjoyed our photobooth as well.

2015-11-17T14:57:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We enjoyed your intimate wedding setting along the lake with friends and family. Everyone was so kind. - Matt

BEST wedding photographers in KC!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Erin K

When my husband and I were working on finding a wedding photographer and comparing vendors etc., we kept coming back to the One tree Studios photos. Their photos weren't just the standard pretty wedding pictures, they were a beautiful editorial on someone's life and story. We... Read More wanted our photos to tell our story and they exceeded all hope for that! My husband has three children and my relationship with them and the dynamics of our new family has been a big part of our relationship. Matt captured that so beautifully in a way I couldn't have even imagined. They also did a beautiful job of capturing the spirit of our family and friends. A large portion of the photos are of us laughing throughout the day which describes us all perfectly. Our wedding day was not one of stress or worrying about details, it was a day of joy, love, laughter and fun. Matt and Peter truly embraced that, had fun with it and the results were spectacular!

2015-11-17T14:58:59 Response from the vendor

Have I mentioned that you ROCK Erin! Truly, you and your family are so beautiful. You radiate happiness. :-) I'm so glad you chose One Tree to document your wedding day. I appreciate getting to know you and yours throughout the process. - Matt

Fantastic Experience!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Christina G

My husband and I hired One Tree to photograph our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the service we received and how our photos turned out. We had an engagement session with Matt before our wedding, and he was so receptive to our ideas! We wanted to do a camping theme, and... Read More as soon as we mentioned that, Matt immediately knew exactly where he wanted to shoot and described his vision for the photos which completely aligned with ours. The engagement photos were stunning and unique. He and Peter photographed our wedding and they were the most professional, seamless, organized, efficient, harmonious team that we could have asked for. They were completely unruffled by the wedding chaos and made everyone feel at ease. The photos are so lovely that it is impossible to chose a favorite. They captured every sweet moment, even the small ones, in the most interesting way. They allowed everyone's personalities to show through rather than making the photos look overly posed. They are masters of using unique angles, beautiful light, and impeccable timing to get truly gorgeous photos. They have been a pleasure to work with throughout this process. We couldn't have asked for more!

2015-11-17T15:03:07 Response from the vendor

This is one of the best reviews I could hope for from a client. How you describe how we work, how we treat people and our artistic goal for each wedding is all summed up here. So thank you! Thank you for noticing all of... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Heather C

Matt was an extreme pleasure to have at our wedding! When my then fiance told me to look at One Tree I was immediately impressed with his eye for capturing emotion. We met with Matt and discussed the idea of having him travel with us to our destination wedding and he was... Read More excited to be apart of our special day in the Bahamas! Although Matt was a bit more expensive than some others, we quickly realized after seeing our engagement photos that he was worth his wait in gold! Thanks to Matt and One Tree we have a collection of amazing photos that captured the emotion of our wedding perfectly! Thanks again, we truly appreciated your work and we enjoyed having you on our adventure!

2015-11-17T15:04:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It takes a lot of trust to bring a photographer to your destination wedding. I appreciate that trust and I'm SO glad it was worth every penny. Your wedding weekend was beautiful and intimate. Just what a wedding should be. - Matt

Fabulous Wedding Photography

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Andee G

One Tree Studios did a fantastic job documenting our wedding. Photography was one of the things we wanted to splurge on for our wedding to be able to remember all of the great moments and truly experience all the moments we missed or didn't remember. One Tree Studios was well... Read More worth it. Our pictures are unbelievable! They truly capture who we are and found unique and beautiful ways to bring out our personality in the photos. The quality of their photos and service is unmatched. They completely stayed out of the way while still capturing everything. They were great people to work with, fun to be around, and really added to our day. You can tell they really love what they do, and it shows in the effort they put into each moment. I'm so glad we picked One Tree Studios, and we can't wait to see our video!

2015-11-17T15:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing that it's clear to see we love what we do. I'm so glad you noticed that on your wedding day. At times it can be hectic. But we really try to balance that with perspective, experience and witnessing you all enjoy... Read Less Read More

Top of the line

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

We had Peter for our engagement and wedding photographer, and he was the perfect fit for us. He was a perfectionist, and did a great job capturing our special moments, our personalities, and also just made us look good (which is really what we all want)! He is also just a very... Read More nice person, someone you'd want to be friends with. We highly recommend Peter!