Everything is a little sweeter in script.

I have such a great love for the art of handlettering and modern calligraphy. (Steady hands help, too.) I am based out of NYC, but also have roots in Washington DC, and Martha's Vineyard! I can write on anything from paper to rocks: trust me with your cherished items and I'll create a handwritten keepsake from your special day. No job is too small and my styles vary from casual and quirky to elegant and flourished. I love using everything from shimmering metallic inks to the classic black with a matte finish, but I've learned to never undervalue a simple and luxurious JellyRoll pen or Crayola marker. (Seriously.) All can be wielded to create your customized finished product which will enhance the aesthetic of that special day!

New York, NY
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM PINTEREST

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Susan Q

The single best piece of advice anyone can give you during this time is to run, do not walk, to Order She Wrote for your calligraphy. I have never ever received such feedback on anything I have ever put out into the universe. The invitations were unbelievable and gorgeous and... Read More done on time. I also had Joanna do table overlays where she wrote and drew on butcher paper and my guests went crazy. She is very talented. I cannot say enough good things. her writing is beautiful, she is so easy to work with and she is smart! 1000% satisfied!!

2017-01-28T16:47:14 Response from the vendor

So glad that 10th grade geometry made a reappearance in my life. <3

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Cristiana F

Joanna is truly an incredible talent and the sweetest person! from the beginning her communication was quick and she was always available to assist with all the details of the invitation and calligraphy process from start to finish. Joanna offers EVERY calligraphy service... Read More possible - not only did she do the best job on addressing our invites, but she does so much more. She worked very carefully to help me meet my budget without having to sacrifice ANY quality of beauty. She worked so quickly and finished before the deadline she gave, as well as was extremely flexible and accommodated ALL our last minute changes! love love love her and cannot wait to use her again. THANK YOU for being not only so talented but incredibly kind and helpful throughtout our wedding process! xoxoxo - Cristiana

2017-02-02T20:08:24 Response from the vendor

I adore you! xoxox

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Maryanna M

Joanna is amazing. Her style is creative but classic, and she's great at following your lead or guiding you toward a look that suits you (or both)! She's organized and flexible, funny and smart. She did our envelopes, placecards, signs, mirrors - and she helped me think... Read More about the style and cohesiveness of the event broadly. She's also a pleasure to spend time with - the perfect partner for every bride! Thank you Joanna.

2017-02-01T21:58:27 Response from the vendor

xoxo

Reviewed on 1/31/2017 Jenna T

Joanna is a pleasure to work with. Not only does she produce beautiful work, but she is extremely personal and hands on. When contacting her to help write out the addresses on our wedding invites, she made sure to set up a call to get to know us better and the details of our... Read More wedding. I showed her the look of our invitation so that we can choose a font style and color that best matches. She kept in touch throughout the process and made sure to reach out appropriately with questions. She is very detail oriented and ensured that all addresses were written in the appropriate format. It was clear that her biggest concern was my happiness with the outcome. I was so thrilled with the way everything came out that I then hired Joanna to write out our table assignment board for my wedding. It came out beautiful and was a huge hit! (not to mention environmentally friendly!) Thank you Joanna for helping to make the planing stages of our wedding day so joyful.

2017-01-31T18:03:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Jenna! You and Lance were the best!:)

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Liz F

Joanna is AMAZING! She did gorgeous calligraphy for my invitation envelopes in record time. She is flexible, willing to play around with different looks until you get the right one. A true artist, worth every penny! I got so many compliments on her work, and it really took my... Read More stationary to the next level! Thank you, Joanna!!!

2017-01-28T16:47:52 Response from the vendor

You are so welcome, my dear. I loved our collaboration!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Kimberly C

Joann is a delight to work with! She listened to all of my ideas and concerns and created the most beautiful envelopes! I cannot wait to get them in the mail and show them off to all my guests.

2017-01-24T12:22:40 Response from the vendor

AHH! I'm so excited, too! They were so fun to make. I love you ladies!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Jo P

Order she wrote just finished the MOST BEAUTIFUL calligraphy for my wedding invitations. Joanna is such a gem and extremely easy to work with. She continues to be supportive, enthusiastic, and responsive, which is so appreciated during an exciting albeit somewhat stressful... Read More time in my life. I love that she has so many creative options and that she worked with me to find a style that was unique to me and my fiance's taste, while still staying within our budget. I highly recommend her to any bride that wants a beautiful, handmade product.

2017-01-24T12:23:22 Response from the vendor

xoxo

Joanna

I am an actor who fell in love with a hobby (that my mom thought I should look into because I had really good handwriting--thanks mom) that has now become my beloved business. I love meeting couples and their families, particularly sharing the collaborative effort that makes weddings so exciting and unique each time. Since 2015, I have worked with more than 30 weddings, parties, special events, and created many custom pieces that will last for years to come. I offer a variety of styles (each named after the most important loved ones in my life!) which accommodates a range of budgets.