Festive Spirit and Warm Hospitality

A progressive meal, highlighting seasonal ingredients, local produce and a bounty of Italian specialties. Whether your celebration is a rehearsal dinner for 30 or a wedding for 200, our only requirement is that you and your guests enjoy yourselves...we'll take care of everything else.

Restaurant

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Day After Brunch

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff

620 North State Street, Chicago, IL (312) 642-8450

Amazing Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Erin K

Osteria Via Stato and their Executive Chef never cease to amaze! We had our rehearsal dinner here and people could hardly stop talking about it. Toast after toast was raised by the guests to thank us for inviting them there and providing such a wonderful meal and experience.... Read More At one point the Chef came into the room to check on the party and was greeted by our guests with a standing ovation! The venue is just beautiful. It has a warm, rustic design that is so nice, it needs no decoration. The staff is knowledgable, friendly, and very accomodating. The food is unparalleled! Go to Osteria Via Stato and your guests will thank you!

Amazing Service and Food

Reviewed on 3/28/2011 Christine D

We had a private space for our rehersal dinner which was great so that we were not disturbing anyone else. The staff was incredible and didn't do anything without checking with us first. Everyone raved about the food and the staff never let a drink go dry.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Mogda W

Our daughter's wedding on March 20, 2016 at Osteria Via Stato was simply amazing! Guests continued to applaud the food, decor and professionalism of the staff for months after the event. Specifically, Allison and Michelle did a fabulous job of coordinating the event. From our... Read More point of view, the wedding and reception of over 200 guests was seamless. My husband and I give this beautiful venue our highest recommendation!

Romantic Venue

Reviewed on 8/06/2012 Jennifer S

We decided to have our wedding at Osteria because atmosphere reminded me of a wine cellar. It a beautiful dining area! We didn't even try the food before we booked as the setting was just perfect. Over the numerous months prior to the wedding, I had a number of questions but... Read More Allison was prompt to respond and she also directed us to our florist who was wonderful! Finally as the wedding approached, we went in for our tasting. My fiance and I were pleasantly surprised... the food was amazing. And we were also able to do a tasting to choose our wines. We were set!! Once I sent in my final numbers, Allison said we were under the required spend so we needed to upgrade some of our food choice. Sweet! We decided on the Scallops, Filet in Gorgonzola, Penne with Ckn and Braised Beef. In addition, we upgraded our wine package to the top of the line. Since it was only a few days before the wedding, we left the wine picking to Allison as she said she'd choose based on our original wine picks. Allison also had some great ideas on the passed appetizers and other side dishes. The day of the wedding, I went down to see how things were coming along. Allison was on top of everything. I was so happy and relieved!! After our church ceremony, we arrived to the reception. Before I even entered, a guest came out to great us and said 'Wow, wait until you see the inside!'. He was right, the place looked romantic and beautiful. The passed appetizers were amazing and the wines Allison chose were amazing. Then we sat for dinner and I couldn't have been more impressed with the food. But the service itself was even more impressive. At times, I'd be off talking to a guest or dancing and our table's waitress would come find me and ask if I'd like more wine or anything else. She was wonderful! We had so many complements about the food and service. The entire night was lovely. The funniest thing was the next day, when I went to pick up my saved cake at Osteria, I found two of our wedding guests eating lunch! They ordered the same dishes we had the night before and couldn't stop raving about the veal meatballs and penne!

Wedding and Reception - AMAZING

Reviewed on 4/07/2011 Lauren O

From the minute we walked into Osteria Via Stato, we knew we found "THE Place." Throughout the planning stages their coordinator and staff were so patient and happy. The day of service was exquisite. The food was to die for, the space was just as we had planned. They are... Read More truly amazing at what they do and will put on the wedding and/or reception of your dreams.

osteria via stato

Reviewed on 12/20/2010 Tiffany S

Great food and beautiful restaurant. One person said, "That was the best chicken that I've ever tasted in my life." We got many compliments on the service and the food. It was also a great deal because we paid for the alcohol by consumption which basically cut the cost per head... Read More in half.