Osteria Via Stato

Chicago, IL

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

Festive Spirit & Warm Hospitality

Rustic, warm decor, personal service and and Italian bounty highlighting seasonal and local ingredients. Whether your celebration is an intimate gathering or a grand affair, our only requirement is that you and your guests enjoy yourselves...we'll take care of everything else.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Restaurant

620 North State Street, Chicago, IL

Great at what they do!

Reviewed on 4/18/2014 Miladel P

We were in need of a venue for our wedding that was intimate, had character, had really good food and fit within a certain budget. We also wanted something downtown that would allow our numerous out of town guests easy access to our venue and the sights and shopping. I spent some time searching and was lucky to find Osteria Via Stato which had all that in spades and more! With what was included in their packages and coordinating things with Allison and Michelle, planning and the event itself came together easily and ran smoothly. They were able to take care of every detail or special need we brought to them, not that there were many. Everyone there were consummate professionals with delightful personalities. And the food received so many raving compliments. Everything was cooked to perfection and we all loved the combination of family style appetizer courses with individual entrees. All in all it made for a fabulous and memorable wedding!

PERFECT REHEARSAL DINNER SPOT

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Lauren B

Not only was the staff accommodating, kind and helpful, the food was terrific! My mother in law had a budget and Allison was able to work with her to put together a full plated dinner that left everyone stuffed and happy. The atmosphere in the private front room was everything my husband and I had wanted. We all had such a great experience and such delicious food that our Matron of Honor and Best Man drove from the suburbs just to have dinner there for one of their date nights! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 victoria c

We wanted to have ours at a Lettuce Entertain You place since we our rewards memebers and the service is just amazing. The private was space was awesome. I love how its in the front and not shoved in the back corner somewhere. Food fantastic as always and service was outstanding as well! Could not have been better.

Romantic Venue

Reviewed on 8/06/2012 Jennifer S

We decided to have our wedding at Osteria because atmosphere reminded me of a wine cellar. It a beautiful dining area! We didn't even try the food before we booked as the setting was just perfect. Over the numerous months prior to the wedding, I had a number of questions but Allison was prompt to respond and she also directed us to our florist who was wonderful! Finally as the wedding approached, we went in for our tasting. My fiance and I were pleasantly surprised... the food was amazing. And we were also able to do a tasting to choose our wines. We were set!! Once I sent in my final numbers, Allison said we were under the required spend so we needed to upgrade some of our food choice. Sweet! We decided on the Scallops, Filet in Gorgonzola, Penne with Ckn and Braised Beef. In addition, we upgraded our wine package to the top of the line. Since it was only a few days before the wedding, we left the wine picking to Allison as she said she'd choose based on our original wine picks. Allison also had some great ideas on the passed appetizers and other side dishes. The day of the wedding, I went down to see how things were coming along. Allison was on top of everything. I was so happy and relieved!! After our church ceremony, we arrived to the reception. Before I even entered, a guest came out to great us and said 'Wow, wait until you see the inside!'. He was right, the place looked romantic and beautiful. The passed appetizers were amazing and the wines Allison chose were amazing. Then we sat for dinner and I couldn't have been more impressed with the food. But the service itself was even more impressive. At times, I'd be off talking to a guest or dancing and our table's waitress would come find me and ask if I'd like more wine or anything else. She was wonderful! We had so many complements about the food and service. The entire night was lovely. The funniest thing was the next day, when I went to pick up my saved cake at Osteria, I found two of our wedding guests eating lunch! They ordered the same dishes we had the night before and couldn't stop raving about the veal meatballs and penne!

Wedding and Reception - AMAZING

Reviewed on 4/07/2011 Lauren O

From the minute we walked into Osteria Via Stato, we knew we found "THE Place." Throughout the planning stages their coordinator and staff were so patient and happy. The day of service was exquisite. The food was to die for, the space was just as we had planned. They are truly amazing at what they do and will put on the wedding and/or reception of your dreams.

osteria via stato

Reviewed on 12/20/2010 Tiffany S

Great food and beautiful restaurant. One person said, "That was the best chicken that I've ever tasted in my life." We got many compliments on the service and the food. It was also a great deal because we paid for the alcohol by consumption which basically cut the cost per head in half.

TO Osteria Via Stato