Authentic | Unique | Handwoven | Moroccan Rugs

It began with a wedding in Phoenix. Ismail Tazi gifted his newlywed friends with a Moroccan rug, handpicked by his mother. They soon declared it their favorite of the lot! Oum was founded by Ismail in Boston in March 2017. It is the culmination of his efforts to offer a la mode, authentic and one-of-a-kind Moroccan rugs to the market. In addition, Oum donates a portion of its revenues to EFA Morocco, a local NGO that provides girls from rural communities with access to education. Oum’s rugs and traditional Berber Handira wedding blankets are made from the purest and locally sourced materials, such as Atlas mountain sheep wool, and crafted according to ancient weaving technique.

Boutique, Online, Registry

7 Hereford Street #6, Boston, MA (617) 820-5139

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Seth C

I received our rug (Irene) last week - lovely contemporary design pattern with traditional inspiration. It looks even better in person than online, with lots of tone to the color due to pile height and how the wool works into itself. Being up close, you can really appreciate the... Read More skill in the weaving, and it is very soft to the touch. Looking forward to years of good use ahead!

2017-08-14T17:42:23 Response from the vendor

We are thrilled you are enjoying your Beni Ouaraine "Irene"! It was a pleasure helping you choose your Oum rug. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you require any assistance! With warm regards, The Oum Team :)

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Daphne J

I LOVE Oum Rugs! The design & quality are incredible and it's more affordable / cheaper than purchasing in a Moroccan bazar. I also love that by purchasing a rug from Oum Rugs, I know about the story behind the company and it's important that they honor women's work as well as... Read More donate a portion of their revenue to an NGO providing girls access to education in rural communities. I strongly encourage checking out the rugs and purchasing one! Not only you'll make your living room / bedroom look better, but you'll also support a good cause :)

2017-12-09T08:10:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you for such a lovely review! Our passion for Moroccan rugs and donating to Education for All Morocco provides our daily inspiration. We are really pleased to know you also connect to Oum Rugs Co.! Should you have any further questions or need additional... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Marion L

It was really hard for my husband and I to find an accent rug that was handwoven and didn't drain our bank account. I had seen an ad for Oum Rugs on Facebook and decided to check it out. After receiving our rug I am so glad I clicked!!!!! Not only did I come across handwoven... Read More rugs (nothing is machine-made or mass-manufactured), but there were several options for our budget. We recommend Oum Rugs without hesitation.

2017-11-05T10:05:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the very kind review and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Let us know if we can assist you and your partner as you both personalize your interior together during this new chapter. Best wishes, the Oum Team

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Rachel B

The Silvia Rug is excellent!! It arrived quickly and looks even better than I imagined. The quality is amazing, and it has such a nice weave and is soft to touch. The patterning is stunning as well.

2017-10-25T10:19:40 Response from the vendor

Dear Rachel, We are so pleased to read your 5-star review! Silvia is a great little handwoven piece. We loved your Instagram tag @myoumrugs which shows your beautiful dog hanging out with Silvia! Please let us know if you need anything else or have questions... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/15/2017

I ordered Maeve, a beautiful neutral colored rug. It arrived quickly, and I was amazed at the quality! The craftsmanship is superb...it looked even better than the online picture. The other nice thing is that by buying it, I felt like I was buying not just a rug--I was buying... Read More a story, with real people behind it that I am supporting. So, by buying it I was in some small way contributing to the betterment of the makers lives and supporting a wonderful traditional craft. Any Oum rug would make a lovely wedding present and a great addition to any house. I highly recommend them!!

2017-08-17T14:07:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for such a kind review! We are so happy you are happy :) Maeve is a great piece and it's nice to read that you feel good about your purchase. Please do not hesitate to reach out should you require any... Read Less Read More

Meet The Director of Sales

Abby DeLaney

Abby and Ismail became friends while pursuing their Masters Degrees at the Thunderbird School of Global Management in 2012. In the winter of 2016, when Ismail told Abby of his plans to create a U.S.-based company offering handwoven, high quality, and fashionable products, she could not resist getting involved. Oum launched only a couple of months later in March. Today, Abby revels in managing Oum's U.S. operations.