Our Wedding Officiant NYC - Peter Boruchowitz

New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and New Jersey

Your Perfect Wedding

Starts With Your Perfect Ceremony. It's traditional or modern, spiritual or secular, short & sweet or a reflection of your cultures. Or mix and match! You CAN have exactly what you want, and it will always be memorable, meaningful and respectful of your values. Check out my video, "Blessings for a Wedding", in the gallery above!

Religious Affiliations

Christian, Interfaith, Jewish, Secular

Ceremony, Wedding

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

300 West 23rd St, New York, NY New York City, Westchester, Long Island, and New Jersey (917) 523-1438

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Julie A

Ahh! So much to say about Peter! We truly enjoyed working with him. We met Peter at a coffee shop in the city and we instantly clicked. He was so easy to talk to, funny and outgoing. He walked us through the whole process and without a doubt in our minds we booked him right on... Read More the spot and are so glad we did! Our ceremony was amazing! It was funny, witty, lighthearted, easy to follow and most of all not a drag! Not to mention many of our guests commented on how soothing and peaceful Peter's voice was - which made the ceremony a pleasure to listen to. We felt like Peter really got to know us, understood what we wanted and delivered 100000%. Highly recommend him! He is absolutely wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Sami H

The best compliment I can give to Peter would be to mention the amount of people who asked my wife and I how long we had been friends with Peter and if he had gotten ordained just to do our wedding. So many people were convinced that he had to be a life-long friend because his... Read More ceremony was so personal and so representative of our relationship. Peoples' mouths were agape when I told them that we had only met him for 30 minutes at a cafe in Chelsea and that was all it took for him to deliver. Peter was an absolute professional, and gave us exactly what we wanted in a wedding ceremony. Simple, elegant, and romantic was what we wanted and what we got. Peter followed up any questions we had and was on top of our marriage license so that it was waiting for us in the mail by the time we got back from the honeymoon. He wasn't pushy, didn't have an agenda or a 'directorial vision' that some officiants want to push. He just wanted to deliver a memorable day for my wife and I. We were thrilled with his performance, and so were all of our family and friends. I can't recommend him enough.

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Alan C

Peter was a joy to work with from the start! On day one, it felt like he already knew me and my wife. We clicked immediately, and he understood exactly what we were looking for in our ceremony. We didn't have a religious wedding ceremony, and opted instead for a blend of Jewish... Read More and spiritual traditions. Peter took the time to listen and get to know us, and helped us create a ceremony that was truly personal and reflective of our long love for each other. He put together a draft of what he was going to say very quickly, giving us a number of options for poems and readings that he could incorporate. We could tell they were all carefully selected, and we had a tough time picking one because we loved them all. We only had very minor edits, and he made them immediately. Peter was responsive, flexible and extremely easy to work with. On our wedding day, he arrived early, prepared and ready to go. He was a calming presence for me on an otherwise crazy day. There will be a million things to worry about on your wedding day, and you'll be grateful to know that with Peter, you have one less thing to stress over. He's a professional, and is great at what he does.

Reviewed on 12/18/2017 Sarah C

Peter was absolutely fantastic for our wedding ceremony! My husband and I decided to have an intimate wedding less than two months than the date of, and Peter couldn't have been more accommodating. He met with us right away, and even though we were short on time, worked with us... Read More quickly to still make our ceremony personal, special, and unique. We got married at one of the more busy parts of Central Park. Peter was the best for this type of environment. Not only does he have a strong presence where his voice and message carried across the crowd, but he has a strong personality that could help navigate the busy NYC location. I'm so glad we worked with Peter on our special day!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017 Jacinta P

My husband and I were married at the Boathouse in Prospect Park at the end of summer and Peter couldn't have been a more wonderful wedding officiant!! When we initially reached out we met in a quaint coffee shop to get to know each other. Peter was warm, friendly and genuinely... Read More interested in getting to know us as a couple. Little did we know that he was already planning our ceremony!!! Peter personalized our ceremony and was incredibly flexible with our suggestions, but at the same time helped guide us through the process to ensure we had selected readings and vows that fit us as a couple. Our dream New York City ceremony couldn't have been more perfect- THANK YOU!!!!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017

Peter- Thank you so much for the beautiful wedding you performed for our son on Nov. 1, 2017. It was one of the most loving, personal and sincere weddings I’ve ever attended. Your speech was elegant and heartfelt and our guest remarked how in touch you were with the couple. You... Read More are absolutely phenomenal. From the initial email to the completion of the wedding, you made planning this wedding from across the county fun, easy, and personal (we are from California). We hope that anyone who is thinking of getting married in New York finds you to perform it. The wedding would not have been the same without you. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/23/2017 jennifer f

Peter was great. We came to him late in the game and he turned around a beautiful ceremony that was perfect for us. He listened and understood our needs and offered ideas that we hadn't thought of and ended up incorporating. A pleasure to work with!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Meg B

Being the first in both of our families to get married outside of a church our parents were a little concerned and skeptical about us being married by an officiant at the venue. Peter's Ceremony was incredible. He added the right amount of Religion (for our families), but kept... Read More it personal and light (for us). Our families have not stop raving about our beautiful the ceremony was - one guest told us it was the nicest "service" they've every been to. I would recommend him to ANYONE needing an Officiant!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Patrick M

Peter was absolutely amazing. From our first meeting where he got to know us and asked about how we met and our lives together, to the last review of the Ceremony, he was a pleasure to work with. His Ceremony was incredible. He added the right amount of Religion (for our... Read More Mothers), but kept it contemporary (for us). I would recommend him to ANYONE needing an Officiant!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Emily Y

First of all, we did not expect to be this happy with our wedding officiant! From day 1 Peter was so attentive to our questions via email & skype. Even though we booked him months and months before our wedding, he consistently kept in touch with us which was really nice. But... Read More what we loved more than anything was what he had to say for our ceremony and how it was said. He came up with the most perfect speech, from the opening prayer to the poem I had added in... it was all recited so beautifully. Our guests even commented how much they enjoyed the ceremony, it wasn't a drag & it kept their attention. We just received our wedding video and it was so nice to relive that moment again. Thank you Peter for being apart of our day and making it so perfect and memorable!! :D

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Laura A

Don't waste anymore time searching - book Peter to officiate your wedding! My husband and I traveled from the UK to New York with our family to get married in Central Park. As soon as we came across Peters website we both knew Peter would be perfect to officiate our wedding. He... Read More was very responsive to our emails and remained in regular contact with us up to our wedding day. Peter even gave us ideas for alternative wedding venue when the forecast took a turn for the worse. What stuck out to my husband and I the most was Peters warmth, it felt like we had known him years and we could see Peter took great pride in his work which put us both at ease with planning our wedding from 5000 miles away! We predominantly used face time to speak to Peter and he took the time to get to know us as a couple and from this developed an amazing script for our ceremony. On our wedding day, Peter met us in Central Park welcoming us a big hug. Our wedding ceremony was better than either of us could ever of imagined. All of our guests commented how wonderful Peter was, he really was the perfect choice for us. During the ceremony Peter spoke with great presence and sincerity, it was evident that he loves what he does and being a part of peoples special day. If you are looking for an Officiant, look no further, there is no better than Peter.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Rosanna F

Peter was exactly the officiant we wanted for our Wedding!!! My husband and I met with Peter and he immediately made us feel comfortable. He was obviously well experienced and provided us with so many insights and information that we left feeling so much better informed than... Read More when we got there. Peter was incredibly responsive and professional. He answered all of our questions and e-mails quickly. He sent us a draft of our ceremony right away after we confirmed booking him for our Wedding. His words were perfect. It was obvious he really paid attention when getting to know us the first meeting and he told our story as though he knew us for years. His personality is wonderful. He has an incredible presence that is strong and projects well, but also is warm and romantic and did not out shine us. His voice and words were so perfect for our Wedding. Everyone, including some of the biggest critics in our families, LOVED HIM.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Eilidh G

We would not hesitate in recommending Peter to perform your wedding ceremony - he is excellent at what he does! We had the most wonderful wedding in Central Park in July & Peter was a huge part of why it was so good! We first contacted Peter after reading very favourable reviews... Read More online & we found our experience to be the exact same. In all communication prior to the wedding Peter was always very helpful, professional & quick to reply. He also gave us tips about NY & suggested the most beautiful location in Central Park to get married at. He consulted us at every step of the way & produced a wonderful wedding ceremony that was so personal & really reflected us as people. Around 30 of us travelled from Scotland to NY & many of our guests commented on how great Peter was, how personal he made it & of course his wonderful New York accent! Couldn't have asked for a better officiant - thank you Peter!

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Nandish T

We cannot say enough good things about Peter. He was prompt in all communications (phone, email, and Skype) and very dependable. He officiated our fusion ceremony (Christian & Hindu) and was very knowledgeable about both faiths. In fact was more knowledgeable than most Hindu... Read More priests!! We come from different religious backgrounds and have children from prior relationships. He helped us script a beautiful ceremony that combined both of our faiths and our families, combining us into one unified family. And his fee was more than reasonable. We could not have chosen a more perfect officiant. We have NO reservations about recommending him for any wedding ceremony.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Lauren M

Peter is wonderful! We knew as soon as we met him, over a year before our wedding, that he was the perfect choice for our wedding! He was very warm, and gave a great idea to include during our ceremony (a wine unity, similar to a sand ceremony but with wine). He was very... Read More responsive, professional, and arrived early to the ceremony site. Our ceremony was beautiful and our guests complimented how nice it was! We loved the wine unity, and all the nice words Peter said! Very memorable!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Ben B

Peter was absolutely phenomenal. We chose him as our officiant for our wedding and couldn't be happier. We had a unique American/Filipino/Chinese wedding, that incorporated a small combination of the 3 for our ceremony. Peter was very knowledgeable about all 3 backgrounds and... Read More was able provide a perfect ceremony for us. He was truly helpful every step of the way and we highly, highly recommend his services. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 5/21/2017 Lillie T

Peter Boruchowitz was a fantastic wedding officiant. We found him via The Knot and from day 1 we knew he would be the perfect person to marry us. He was calm, detailed and friendly in his approach and honestly he couldn't have done a better job! He even mentioned our pets back... Read More home which was a lovely touch. We had to communicate via video link as we came to NYC from the UK. Peter made us feel at ease and we were right to have no anxiety about the day as he had it all figured out. Thanks again Peter! Lillie and Sam

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Cary S

Peter was absolutely fabulous. My now wife and I needed a legal ceremony before moving abroad. We were referred to Peter through a friend and after speaking with him only briefly, he put together the perfect ceremony. Not only was the way in which he spoke captivating, but the... Read More words he chose were so beautiful in describing marriage and the commitment we were making to one another. Almost every single member of our family and friends came up to us after the ceremony to say how wonderful Peter was, the readings he chose and everything. We were so thrilled, he will be officiating our bigger celebration to renew our vows!

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Robert M

My husband and I have the pleasure of knowing Peter both personally and professionally for many years. He is a loyal, devoted friend and always commits wholeheartedly, bringing his unique flare to all endeavors. When we decided to marry, there was no question who we wanted to... Read More officiate; it had to be Peter. Although our wedding plans evolved from simple to a bit more elaborate, we felt secure in choosing Peter, knowing his involvement was one detail we needn't worry about. In preparing our ceremony, he took time to understand our vision and offer suggestions for creating something truly special. When Peter sent us the first draft, which was very nearly perfect, we cried; it was so beautiful. He included very specific and personally meaningful details we hadn't even realized he noted during our conversations. There were very few minor revisions we made - adding a name here or there; changing a date. We could not have been any happier with the ceremony Peter crafted for us. The wedding itself was wonderful due in large part to Peter's unique, inspired service; his sincerity and professionalism. Many of our guests remarked it was the most beautiful ceremony they'd ever witnessed. If you want your wedding to be as joyful and memorable as you can imagine you must choose Peter to create and perform your ceremony; he is absolutely the best. Thank you Peter!

Reviewed on 1/23/2017

My husband and I travelled over from the UK to marry in New York and wanted something simple just for the two of us. We found Peter online and he had brilliant reviews, responded quickly to my emails and was happy to venture out on Christmas Eve so we booked him up! Neither me... Read More or my husband really had any ideas about what we wanted for the ceremony, even down to our wedding location, but Peter gave us many suggestions and even recommended a great spot in Central Park which turned out to be absolutely perfect! Peter found us a witness and recommended a photographer, he arrived to our location early battling the cold and after the ceremony waited for us to get photographs, but most of all seemed genuinely happy and excited to marry us. We couldn't recommend him enough. Thank you Peter!

Reviewed on 1/10/2017 Patrick S

Working with Peter for our wedding was wonderful! Peter was very professional with a personal touch that we immediately connected with. He offered great advice and direction in the preparation of our ceremony whilst being flexible with us while we mulled over readings and words.... Read More On the day he was a wonderfully calming presence for the two of us and the ceremony went perfectly, catered to us and our vibe beautifully. His words were very touching - many guests mentioned how well he captured our essence during the ceremony. We would definitely recommend Peter!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Daniel K

For anyone looking for someone other than a priest or rabbi to officiate a wedding ceremony we would highly recommend going with Peter. Right from our first meeting with him we knew he was the right person. Peter really listened to us and made some great suggestions as we... Read More weren't really sure of how we wanted to do the whole ceremony. What was really nice was Peter didn't force any of his suggestions and was totally open and supportive of all our final decisions on the details of the ceremony. The ceremony was spiritual without being religious and Peter was great at expressing the emotion and importance of the day. Also want to note that Peter was great with the bridal party and put our two junior bridesmaids at ease who were a bit nervous of exactly how to walk down the aisle and line up at the front.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Adam C

Peter was not only punctual and professional but very thoughtful in his ceremony. He's very articulate in his delivery his enthusiasm for what he does shows in pre-event, ceremony, and post-nuptial process. Ours was everything we hoped for and more. I highly recommend Peter for... Read More any and all officiating.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Katelyn U

Let me start off by saying that Peter is the absolute best officiant out there. Planning a wedding is beyond stressful and time consuming, but Peter made the actual ceremony planning process a breeze. He was very quick to answer emails, very professional, extremely organized and... Read More has such a fantastic personality. After our first meeting, Peter quickly provided a draft of the ceremony and let my now husband and I review/edit as many times as needed (His ceremony was so great I barely made any changes to it) On the day of my wedding, I was feeling like an anxiety ridden Bridezilla. Anything that could go wrong was going wrong EXCEPT for Peter. My 2 readers forgot to bring copies of their readings which at perfect timing Peter so graciously handed them each copies he had printed. He was kind enough to direct the groom and groomsmen on how to line up and prepare before the ceremony. And most importantly he started the wedding off on a beautiful note. So many of my guest complimented on Peter and the ceremony. The ceremony was a huge hit. My advice to any Bride reading this choose Peter, that is one decision I can guarantee you will be beyond pleased with. Mr. and Mrs. Uzquiano

Reviewed on 11/30/2016

No matter what continent you are traveling from and how much you know what is needed to get married, please get in touch with Peter. Not only was he more than helpful with the process and a photographer, the ceremony was very personal and befitting our cultures (Scottish and... Read More German). It was important to us to have the handfasting ceremony, which was done in a traditional, yet unique way. We will certainly come back for renewals and hope that many others in love with ask Peter to conduct the ceremony. They will be ensured a special day. Our special moment was overlooking the Brooklyn Bridge exactly as the golden sun set. Absolute perfection.