Over The Vines Vineyard & Wine Barn

Edgerton, WI

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Over the Vines Vineyard & Wine Barn in Edgerton, Wisconsin provides a rustic atmosphere for unique weddings. Couples who enjoy the great outdoors with charming scenery love this property. The main feature is the barn that was built back in 1888. The knowledgeable staff is happy to take brides and grooms on private tours to point out all of the breathtaking photo opportunities, as well as the many spaces that are ideal for saying "I do."

The Grounds. There are over eight acres of outdoor space to take advantage of when planning your nuptials. To-be-weds can use the barn as their backdrop or the vineyards. Because the grounds are so spacious, they are the ideal for even large weddings.

The Barn. Whether you require a back-up plan for inclement weather or you desire the comfort of an indoor space, the barn is your best bet. There is a total of 400 square feet of space to use and a wide range of ways to decorate the space to reflect your wedding colors.

There is no need to worry about privacy when you choose to host your nuptials at the Over the Vines Vineyard & Wine Barn. This facility welcomes guests through a gated entrance and the ceremony spaces can not be seen from the street. Couples are welcome to use their own vendors, including catering teams, which means weddings can be personalized to reflect particular visions. Alcohol, however, must be purchased on-site and served by the vineyard's bartenders, due to liquor licenses and laws.

To-be-weds need to keep a few things in mind when using this venue. The staff sets up and takes down the tables and chairs, as well as cleans up all of the trash. Over the Vines Vineyard & Wine Barn does not have heat or air conditioning and does not allow the use of candles or open flames. Glasses, utensils and plates for serving meals are the responsibility of the couples. Decorations are allowed so long as nails and staples are not used to hang them up. Finally, the facility hangs lights for events if they are desired.

Brides and their bridesmaids are provided a bridal suite to make it easy to get ready for ceremonies. There's plenty of space in the suite for taking important photographs. Additionally, the Over the Vines Vineyard & Wine Barn is just one mile from a hotel for accommodations for out-of-town guests. The hotel even has a shuttle that transports friends and family to and from the vineyard.

• Handicap accessible
  • Parking for 135 vehicles
  • Liability insurance available

Rustic Elegance - 1800's Barn & Vineyard

Over The Vines is a relaxing destination that affords couples and their guests an experience unlike any other facility in southern Wisconsin. Build lasting memories upon the charming landscape and rustic yet elegant 1800's barn and surrounding young vineyard. Contact us today for more information!

Ballroom, Barn, Tented, Vineyard

1242 State Road 73, Edgerton, WI (608) 884-1023

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Veronica R

My husband and I were married yesterday at Over the Vines and it was without a doubt one of the best, happiest days of our lives and we owe a HUGE thanks to Billie and Ryan. Not only is their venue absolutely breathtaking and so romantic but they are amazing people as well. The... Read More staff was on top of everything, super friendly, and our day couldn't have been better. Everyone loved the venue and couldn't stop letting us know how beautiful everything was. Billie and Ryan are excellent owners and stayed in constant contact with us, worked with us when my husbands work schedule forced us to change our date multiple times, and, the bridal suite!!!!! Oh my goodness it is beautiful, the day was everything I dreamed of and so much more. I highly highly recommend choosing Over the Vines, you will just love it !!!!

2016-07-20T09:47:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the lovely words and for letting us be a part of your beautiful wedding day! We are thrilled that you are happy with Over the Vines, our staff and our services!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Kati C

Wow. Billie and Ryan were amazing to work with. I cannot thank them enough for everything they did for Jake and I for our wedding. Everything was perfect--the venue, the weather! They were so helpful and so professional. The way they took care of us was absolutely amazing.... Read More Billie and Ryan made everything so easy for us and really made us feel like a million bucks on our special day! We are so thankful for Over the Vines for going above and beyond our expectations. Our guests were so happy and were overwhelmed at how beautiful this place is!! It really was a dream come true. More perfect than I could ever imagine, thank you SO much for making our wedding day the best day ever!! <3

2015-06-09T21:41:34 Response from the vendor

Hi Kati & Jake - Thank you so very much for the wonderful review! We felt blessed to be a part of your special day and enjoyed working with you over the past year, as well as your very sweet families. Congratulations! We hope you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Christie Z

We absolutely loved getting married at Over the Vines! Ryan and Billie are incredibly helpful. They care about their venue, your experience and are customer service focused! We ended up getting married inside the barn due to weather and I am SO glad that we did. The entire... Read More property is gorgeous - you can't go wrong with this venue!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kasi S

This venue was beyond magical for a few different reasons, but mainly being the owners and staff. Billie and Ryan are some of the best people we have ever worked with. They are flexible-- Billie responds to emails (questions, concerns, advice) very fast and her responses are... Read More incredibly helpful. She helps with determining ceremony and reception layout concepts (nice CAD designs) and lends her advice as to what typically works best. They are kind-- this was greatly appreciated considering planning a wedding can be super stressful. The fact that we could rely on OTV to lend a helping hand when it came to day of set up, went a very long way in our book. They even made sure the bride and groom had a drink in their hand at ALL times; AMAZING. Not once did I get the feeling that I was inconveniencing OTV with my requests or questions. And last, but not least, they get the job done! The staff (with the help of my coordinators) were able to flip the barn from ceremony to dinner seating in under 30 minutes! HOLY COW! If I could re-live my wedding day at OTV again, I would do it in a heartbeat and not change a thing. If you are looking for a one of a kind, beautiful, magical venue that has unbelievable character, OTV is your place. I promise you will not be disappointed. Thanks again for making our wedding our best day ever. We miss Billie and Ryan already

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Reva E

Billie was literally a life saver! We were the first wedding of this year and she made our day the spectacular event that it was. She gave us so much attention and advice, her and Ryan made us feel so special and loved. They took care of so many last minute details (resetting... Read More the whole dinning set-up after a confusion without skipping a beat), made sure we were never empty handed (definitely worth getting Bar Package #3 by the way), she coordinated our walk down the aisle, gave me advice at every turn and made sure ALL of our other vendors were on the same page. Billie was almost like another MOH, she was so supportive and loving and made sure that we had exactly what we wanted on our big day. OTV is the most beautiful venue, but honestly, the service and attention you get with Billie and Ryan is what makes it such a wonderful place to get married. I recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Meagen S

Billie and Ryan are so incredibly amazing! The venue is absolutely breath taking. I cannot thank them enough to allow us to have our wedding with them. They were so prompt with their information. Everyone of our guest wad blown away by their hospitality and the venue. If you are... Read More looking for an amazing venue run by even more amazing people you need to go with them!

2016-07-20T09:52:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the amazing compliment! It was a joy to be a part of your beautiful wedding day!

Reviewed on 12/30/2015 Julie M

My husband and I signed with Over the Vines in 2012 for our 2015 wedding. Despite the fact that there was snow on the ground and they were just gearing up for their first full season, we could tell right away how special the venue was. The warmth and passion that Ryan and Billie... Read More displayed for creating the perfect spot for weddings made the decision an easy one. They had big plans for continuously improving the property, and we have watched those plans come to fruition. It was clear that they were focused on creating the best wedding experience possible for the couples and families. We have no doubt that they will only continue to make Over the Vines an even more perfect venue over the years. Throughout the planning process, Billie and Ryan were very accessible and willing to work with us to create our vision. They also thought of many details that we would have overlooked. Their growing expertise was evident, and they used it to our benefit- sharing mishaps they have witnessed and ways to avoid them. On the day of our wedding, it was sprinkling. Billie told us that we could change from an inside to outside ceremony, or vice versa, within 15 minutes and was very supportive. The bridal suite on site was a wonderful place to get ready and have photo shoots with the bridesmaids. I did not see anything like it at any nearby venue sites! Also the site has many perks built in-- such as not having to put up your own lights or provide your own tables/chairs. From the little details (such as a personal note on the chalkboard in the bridal suite), to the support and willingness to go the extra mile, Over the Vines staff made our wedding the perfect day. In fact, we miss everyone there and wish we could experience our wedding all over again. Do yourself a favor and consider Over the vines for your Wisconsin wedding :-)

Reviewed on 11/08/2015 Lynde H

We loved working with Billie and Ryan. They were cool, calm, and collected during a time I felt chaotic. They were reassuring and so helpful. I felt they truly cared about us and our special day. They encouraged us to make it our own, and helped us to achieve it. They have... Read More a lovely venue, and plenty of props to help make your day fun and whimsical. Really though, the best is their simplicity and joy in their work. We are so glad we used this venue, and would recommend to everyone!

Are there more than 5 stars?

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

We cannot say enough about how perfect Over The Vines is. Billie and Ryan are phenomenal to work with. I don't know how many times I e-mailed Billie in the last few weeks and she walked me through anything I may need help with. On our wedding day, there were torrential rains... Read More just prior to our outdoor ceremony, leaving the vineyard soaked. Billie came to the bridal suite and discussed options with me, and she, Ryan, and the crew worked quickly to set up a new setting for us in front of the barn door. It was PERFECT, and a beautiful background. Probably the thing we are most thankful for is that Over the Vines was extremely accommodating when it came to a family member with cognitive disabilities. Billie and Ryan helped us to make sure he was comfortable and prepared for our big day. Not only does this make them great owners, it speaks to how good of people they truly are. If you're looking for a beautiful setting for your ceremony, reception or both, there is no doubt that Over The Vines is top notch.

Best Venue EVER

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

When I was looking I knew I was looking for a barn wedding because I wanted it to be something different but it also fit our personalities to a T!! Josh and I were so happy to have a venue that was willing to help, give advice, and be there for whatever we needed, whenever we... Read More needed and trust me I'm sure I wasn't the easiest to deal with at times but they went ABOVE AND BEYOND every aspect I thought a venue would do! I can't thank them enough for creating the extraordinary property they have and giving others the opportunity to share it with them! The day went so smooth and both Ryan and Billie were definitely part of making it go that way! Thank you again for EVERYTHING!! We're hoping to stay in touch with them as with everything they did for us they are some true friends and we will cherish that for a lifetime!! CHEERS!!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Jordan D

Over the Vines was a dream wedding venue. The barn, vines and landscape provide a backdrop to a fairytale wedding! The owners were on site the whole time ensuring everything was going smoothly and making sure we were having a wonderful time. They are extremely organized,... Read More accommodating, informative and sweet throughout the whole planning process and day of! They provided a huge amount of our decor which was a perfect fit into the barn wedding theme. The bar tenders were a blast! They really helped get the party started and kept it going! All the other employees were sweet and helpful as well. Our guests were blown away with our venue, they are still talking about it! We had a few guests say they had attended a barn wedding, but our venue far exceeded all of them! We couldn't have asked for a more exceptional venue and experience! We wish we could enjoy our day there over and over again!

Perfect Venue!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Alexandra W

We had our ceremony and reception at Over the Vines this past July and it could not have been better! The owners are extremely helpful and gracious throughout the entire planning process and the big day. Even months later, we still have guests telling us it was the most... Read More beautiful wedding they've ever attended - and most of that is because the venue is extremely beautiful on its own. I would pick this venue a hundred times over.

Perfect Barn.. Amazing business owners!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Emily M

On my search to finding a barn in WI to host my wedding, I contacted a few barns and Billie got back to me so quickly and so professionally. It wasn't long before I sealed the deal. From the beginning, Billie has been INCREDIBLY helpful and patient with questions. She is... Read More extremely organized in providing information, and even going above in beyond for things you haven't thought of. On our wedding weekend both Ryan and Billie were always available with answers, suggestions and everything we needed. They really went above and beyond and my husband and I as well as our guests were very impressed. HIGHLY recommend!!

BEST VENUE

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Jessica K

There are no words to describe this venue. From the beautiful property for your wedding photos to the awesome owners and staff for you and your guests, this venue is not just excellent it is better. The owners are just wonderful and worked out every detail that I requested for... Read More the special day. Over the Vines provides many props to make your event unique. The barn itself is the best prop at all. They provide two decks with tables and chairs for your guest to relax, have a drink, and enjoy the stars. Any one who is interested in a barn, rustic, vineyard wedding.... I would defiantly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Alyssa P

Over the Vines gave me the venue, and the wedding, that I've dreamt about my entire life. The staff was helpful and informative throughout the entire year of planning, always answering questions and providing solutions to problems. They even helped us arrange a last minute tent... Read More to share with the couple getting married the day after ours, and split the cost. For rehearsal and the day of the wedding, they were attentive and reassuring. They even gave me a pep talk in the minutes before I walked down the aisle, holding my train and giving me drinks of water. The ceremony and reception were perfect and beautiful, and I have received endless compliments in the days since then. Over the Vines gave me a dream come true wedding. If you enjoy the rustic and vintage aesthetic and style, do not hesitate to give them a call and set up a tour. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Kristine P

Over the Vines provided us with breathtaking views and outstanding service! The options to marry outside with the vines and countryside or inside with the barn and chandeliers gives you options to personalize your day! No matter where you are on the property, you have a... Read More beautiful backdrop. The bridal suit is very lovely! We felt lucky to be able to get ready together and in such a charming room! It was an absolute pleasure working with the owners, Ryan and Billie! They went above and beyond to accommodate our needs and our guests. Billie quickly responded to all my questions, and she would include suggestions on things I would not even think of-- very helpful! Ryan's outgoing personality always added to the wedding fun! As I was getting ready to walk out, he was there cracking jokes with me. A memory I will always keep! Thanks Billie and Ryan for ALL you helped with, you truly made our day special!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Matt P

Over The Vines was truly an incredible venue for our wedding. The scenery, barn, and vineyards provided our wedding with outstanding photographs. As the night carries on, the lights in and outside of the barn provide a beautiful atmosphere. They also have a photo booth right... Read More outside the barn, which I know our guests loved by the photos we received back on our wedding night! The thing that impressed me the most were the owners. Ryan and Billie made us feel right at home and were beyond helpful leading up to the wedding and especially the wedding weekend. It was clear during the rehearsal night to me how dedicated they are to providing you with a great venue to have your wedding. Ryan and Billie are easy going, down to earth, the most friendly and committed owners that you will meet. I feel the need to also compliment the staff, they exemplify everything that you look for in customer service. Thank you Ryan, Billie, and staff of Over The Vines for providing my wife, family, and all of our guests with the time of our life!

2015-06-21T22:49:56 Response from the vendor

Matt & Kristine - Thank you so much for the outstanding review, and for choosing our venue to play a part in your very special day! Your love for each other and the support of your family and friends was a joy to witness. Congratulations... Read Less Read More

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

We had our wedding at Over The Vines this October. The barn itself, the landscaped grounds and farm house with bridal suite are so beautiful, and in the perfect condition. Every single detail has been meticulously calculated at Over The Vines, but it is the service provided by... Read More the staff that puts this venue at the top. The owners, Billie and Ryan, are simly wonderful. Throughout the entire planning process, they were so helpful and so orginized. The day of the wedding, their staff was so attentive to our guests. Our glasses were never empty. The Over The Vine staff is the best you will ever find! If I had to do it all over again, booking this venue would be the first thing I did. Superb! Robyn and Chrissy Ward

Over The Vines Fall Wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Ruthann T

My Husband and I fell in love with Over The Vines immediately. Its absolutely beautiful! We had our ceremony facing their vineyard and the reception was held in the adjacent Barn. Beautiful chandeliers hung from the barn ceiling and string lights were hung inside and outside on... Read More the back patio. We had to discuss whether or not to go with it because of the steep price. They had a lot included yes, but there was still a lot of "extra" cost. Our over all wedding, besides the chilly weather of course, turned out perfect! Ryan and Billie were extremely wonderful on our wedding day by offering some extra accommodations at no additional cost to help our discouragement of the weather. Billie had a fantastic idea of Hot Cider and it was a HUGE hit for all our guests, including myself! They were always around for any help we may have needed, and their staff was fantastic. Did we love Over The Vines? Of course! My Husband and I do feel the cost could be a little more of value and everything they have to offer should be included in the price, but I know business owners need to do what they think is best. After all this is a review and that is our opinion. It doesn't change the fact that our wedding turned out perfect, and Over The Vines is an absolutely Perfect Venue if your looking for a Romantic/Rustic feel for your special day. We wouldn't have been happy with another Venue, Over The Vines fit our style perfectly and we are so very happy that everything went smoothly and everyone had a fantastic time!

Dream rustic wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Vanessa G

My husband and I recently got married at Over The Vines and it was everything we had hoped for. We were able to have both our ceremony and reception on the grounds! It was beautiful. Billie and Ryan, and Ryan's father couldn't have been more helpful every step of the way! The... Read More whole feel of the place is just so relaxing and beautiful. We got the bigger package which included a TON of decor that we could choose from that made things so much easier for us! It saved us so much money, time, and stress, especially with my husband being in the military. This year he spent a lot of time apart so I don't know how I would have planned the decor if it wouldn't have been provided to us! They have their own spirits as well, which are delicious. We had so much fun on our big day! And all of out guests just LOVED it, just as much as we did. We would recommend them to anyone looking for a simple, down to earth, rustic wedding.

A Spectacular Day

Reviewed on 10/03/2014

We enjoyed the most spectacular wedding day at Over the Vines (OTV). Billie was helpful with keeping people on time, being accommodating with setup, and flexible with managing details like alcohol, decorations, etc. She was also very helpful and responsive throughout the wedding... Read More planning process and offered great recommendations, when needed. The staff was also incredible and made the process as smooth as possible. As an interfaith wedding, we even broke a glass on their lawn and they didn't say a thing! The ceremony was absolutely beautiful, held outside, facing fields and a small patch of grape vines. It was breathtaking. The barn was also lovely, with exquisite chandeliers and string bulb lighting. Stunning venue by day and night. The guests had 3 hours in the afternoon, between ceremony and dinner (in the barn), and everyone enjoyed this time playing games in the lawn, catching up with friends on OTV's decks and patios, and checking into hotels. Everyone had a blast and we were happily, and beautifully wedded. Billie and Ryan were also great about the length of the day and unique timing of events. There are a few additional (optional) costs, outside the venue cost (~$4500) which could add up depending on what you wanted at your wedding but there is absolutely no pressure from Bille, and she is wonderful about trying to help minimize extra expenses. But we were able to keep the added costs around $300. Alcohol was also an additional expense, but Billie is flexible and wonderfully accommodating about working within a budget. However, expect a $1500 minimum for alcohol, which isn't outrageous in the wedding business. Especially considering they have their own wines to try out, and the winemaker is there to chat for part of the evening. We loved our wedding, and would recommend OTV without any reservations. If you want a unique, elegant vintage, charming rustic, and serene outdoor wedding venue, there is no better place!

Wonderful owners and beautiful venue, they go out of their way to accommodate couples' needs!

Reviewed on 9/26/2014

My husband and I visited and booked Over the Vines (OTV) about a year and a half before our wedding. They were still doing upgrades to the property at the time, but even then we could see the enormous beauty and potential of the location!! Billie and Ryan were wonderful to... Read More work with, attentive to our needs, and worked well with our caterer, rentals, florist, and other vendors to ensure that our day went smoothly. We had a few special requests (beer varieties, unique rental items, etc.) and they were MORE than accommodating with EVERYTHING! The day before the wedding, they assisted with setup and oversaw that everything was going well and that we had what we needed (even worked with us out in the rain!). The day of, they were always present, had staff working hard behind the scenes, and even offered to pitch in when I forgot to have the appetizers set out (Ryan offered to do it himself, without batting an eye!). All day long they were attentive, helpful, and SO friendly (as well as the other members of their staff). I would work with them again in a heartbeat! They are truly kind people, and keep up a gorgeous property and vineyard. We could not have asked for a nicer experience and setting! THANK YOU Billie & Ryan!!!

Best Venue & Service Imaginable

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Rob B

To start, the pictures don't even do justice to the beauty of Over the Vines. It is the perfect mix of rural WI farmland with rustic elegance. Only thing better than the setting is the staff. Billie and Ryan could not be more accommodating and were an absolute pleasure to... Read More work with. Couple examples -- over the several months prior to the wedding, OTV allowed us and our vendors to stop by to confirm that this or that would work (and on one occasion just to show my mom who was in town from NC). Never once was there anything but accommodation on OTV's part. Billie also answered all of the (seemingly hundreds) questions we had leading up to the wedding, which was extremely helpful. On wedding day, we had some possible weather issues and OTV staff worked with us down to the last minute to works things out. OTV even gave us a concession on the final bill due to the weather complications (which obviously was not something they could have the slightest control over). On top of this, Ryan would hunt us down while taking pictures to bring us beers to be sure we were having fun and not missing out at any point. What a guy. In every possible way, OTV goes above and beyond to make the experience great. We could not be happier with them and only wish we had other events upcoming to book with them again!

Beautiful setting, fantastic staff

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Lindsey M

After looking at numerous venues, we knew this was the place for us. It was absolutely stunningly beautiful and we heard the same from all our guests. Billie and Ryan were fantastic to work with and did everything they could to ensure we had the most memorable and positive... Read More experience. If I had to do it over again, I would still pick Over the Vines as our venue. I loved them!

Absolutely the Best

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Samantha M

This venue is absolutely gorgeous. I had numerous guests at our wedding say it was the most beautiful reception they have ever been to. Not only that, but the owners we easy to work with, replied to emails in a respectful time frame, and were very clear with everything. Our... Read More pictures turned out beautiful all over the property, our guests had fun playing lawn games instead of just sitting at tables, and the wine was spectacular. I can't brag on them enough!