Is this your business? claim it now

Owen's Covered Bridge at Easter Lake

Des Moines, IA

2830 Easter Lake Dr, Des Moines, IA

Nice cheap route!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015 Jessica S

We didn't get married on the bridge but we rented the shelter number two near it. It wasn't listed obviously. It wasn't our original plan, but when plans fell through it was an affordable and last minute option. Our plan was do to the ceremony near the water but we got rained on... Read More and did the ceremony under the shelter. It's such a beautiful location, the water, the well groomed grass and abundance of gorgeous trees made a fabulous backdrop for our vows! Only downsides? No electricity. We used Bluetooth, wireless speakers for music which worked perfectly. You can apply for a special events permit if you want to have a generator but I believe it's an additional cost.

Owen's Covered Bridge at Easter Lake

Reviewed on 10/12/2010 Nicole B

I had my wedding at the covered bridge in Easter Lake during a cool fall evening. The setting was absolutely perfect. The ranger Dean was very helpful and flexible. I wouldn't have changed a thing!! Oh and it was FREE!!!

2011-09-26T12:53:28 Response from Jennifer, the member

Hi, we are thinking of doing our ceremony there, do you have any photos of how you set it up or any tips? It sounds beautiful!