The Flavor of Spain, Est. 1977

Providing On-Site & Outdoors Catering, Paella Valenciana, is the premiere San Diego-based Paella Catering Company, serving So. California Since 1977. With roots in Alicante, Spain the Pomares & Rodriguez families have brought "The Flavor of Spain" to the region, creating authentic, unique, and aromatic experiences for all our Weddings. Serving San Diego & Southern California.

Cuisine

Latin American, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Great Value & Quality

Reviewed on 4/29/2015 Stephanie R

I used Paella Valenciana for my wedding on 7/20/2014 - they provided the paella (cooked on-site), appetizers, sangria, and the service of the paella buffet style. They were one of the most affordable caterers that I could find while still providing high quality, delicious food.... Read More They do not nickel and dime you like some other catering companies, and were extremely flexible. Their server recommendation was also affordable and provided amazing service. We had paella, tapas, and sangria from them and they were all very tasty, although I wish we would have been able to try the tapas in advance. Paella fit perfectly with the "Spanish" style of our wedding and since our wedding was not extremely formal. All of our guests especially loved the chorizo and we had no complaints.

2015-04-30T18:47:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review. It makes me happy to hear that your guests loved our Paella. I will definitely work on including Tapas to our Paella Tasting events for future. Cheers!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Jasmine C

One word: Amazing! Great communication, timing, very professional. The food was astronomically good. I was getting rave reviews about the food, my guests were drooling over the paella. Everything was perfect

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Jacklyn M

My husband and I booked Paella Valenciana for our wedding in Temecula at the Coach House. It was absolutely wonderful! The food was delicious and our guests raved about it. We ordered Paella for 100 guests and we chose the chorizo and chicken combo. We met with Tanya a year... Read More before the wedding and she brought a sample of the Paella and we were sold! We didn't even look elsewhere because besides the delicious food, Tanya was so professional and kind. Also, she worked with our budget. She knows her business and she does it well. Also, whenever I needed to talk to someone and I would call Paella Valenciana's office, I always spoke to someone who knew what they were talking about. They were always very helpful. If we plan another event in the area, I'd be happy to book Paella Valenciana again so hopefully I can really take the whole experience in as we were so busy on the wedding day to enjoy it fully.

Great event idea - great food and set the ambience

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 C E

I had a terrific experience using this caterer and would highly recommend them. The food is excellent and the idea of having it cooked there set a really nice focal point for the dining area of the reception. Would definitely use them again!

Amazing!!

Reviewed on 4/30/2015 Celeste R

Paella Valenciana is very professional and dependable. The presentation is colorful and unique.I had no worries the day of my wedding. The paella was amazing!! I'm a vegetarian, so I ordered the vegetarian paella as well as the seafood/meat one. My guests raved about the food.... Read More Even the meat eaters loved the vegetarian version! Everyone loved watching it being prepared. No need to worry aboout having enough for all your guests. Mine went back for seconds! Definitely 5 stars for their service and quality of food. Recommend to everyone looking for delicious, fun and unique!!

2015-04-30T18:45:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you, it was a pleasure catering for you. Cheers!

Tanya Rodriguez

Chef Tanya Rodriguez, is a San Diego native, educated at the University of CA, San Diego. She has learned, first hand, her uncle Juan Pomares' famous Paella Recipe, that hails all the way from Alicante in Spain. She and her Paella Team bring you, a flavorful and exciting, outdoors & on-site catering experience.