Palmdale Estates

Food + Catering

159 Washington Blvd, Fremont, CA (925) 200-6900

Couldn't Have Been More Perfect

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Ashlyn A

I had the honor of getting married at this beautiful site! The staff were very accommodating and on top of it on the day of. Planning was very smooth. I am very sad that Palmdale will not be available anymore as a vendor but I am very glad we had the opportunity!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Catherine X

My friend got married in 2015 at Palmdale Estates, it was the 2nd wedding that I attended at the venue. I was in her wedding party so I was able to see the behind the scenes operation of the venue. The ambiance is charming, the grounds are well kept, and they do allow BYO so... Read More most couples choose to host an open bar. It was a very beautiful wedding, but where I had some issues with the venue is regarding my friend's day of coordinator. Her coordinator really did not take charge of any situation, she did not close the loop with her communication. For example, she would ask a question such as "where is the groom? Should I go get them for pictures?" and then disappear for 15 minutes, leaving the bridal party to round up the groom and groomsmen to take photos. Again, when it was time for dinner, the bridesmaids had to round up the guests from the cocktail hour and ask them to sit down for the grand entrance, the coordinator was no where in site. Basically small events like this kept occurring throughout the night, and I felt that it was the bridesmaids' duty to keep the schedule/timeline in place. Even my friend's photographer asked, "where is the wedding coordinator? she is supposed to be handling these things." So if you are planning to get married here, you should consider bringing in your own day of coordinator, or just make sure your wedding party is on board with the plan.

Reviewed on 9/08/2015

Love at first sight was my reaction when I stumbled across Palmdale Estates while searching for a venue for our Great Gatsby inspired wedding. Seeing it in person is unbelievable and beyond our wildest dreams! The venue has been there since 1915; you can feel the nostalgic... Read More history, and appreciate the underlining charm the location entails. The food was divine and the service/staff impeccable. Everyone was so attentive, kind, and passionate about what they do. I thanked my lucky stars to be able to work with Lindsey Caravelli. The kindness/love and dedication she put into making it the best day possible for us literally brought me to tears. We knew right away that she was our dream wedding event manager. You can sense the love, respect and adoration that she has for the venue herself. It was not a sales pitch, which absolutely sealed the deal for us. We cannot express our gratitude enough to Lindsey for making our dream wedding a reality. She was so sweet, honest and did not negate any details. Having her for support and advice was by far the best decision we made. She started our beginning journey as newlyweds on a positive note and we feel confident that the positive momentum will continue. Palmdale Estates provided the perfect backdrop for our ideal summer wedding and Lindsey made August 21, 2015 the best day of our lives and we are forever grateful.

Fantastic

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Erin B

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect location for our wedding. Palmdale Estates is a beautiful venue, and my husband and I were simply enchanted by the tudor house and surrounding gardens. The Sunken Garden was peaceful and wonderfully shaded for our afternoon wedding. The... Read More white tudor Best House was a fantastic backdrop for many of our pictures. Our guests loved the setting as well, and appreciated the very short walks from ceremony location to cocktail hour to reception. The staff here is phenomenal. Our event manager, Alena, was kind and thoughtful, and she made sure everything about our special day would be perfect. Emails were always answered quickly and thoroughly. Alena handled everything cheerfully and calmly, which in turn made us feel calm and confident that everything would be taken care of exactly the way we hoped. The wait staff were also extremely polite and cheerful, and they really function as a family at Palmdale. The food was deeeeeeeeeeelicious! Standouts for my husband and me were the tri-tip and the dauphinoise potatoes. We also were so happy to learn that Palmdale bartenders will serve your own outside alcohol for signature cocktails! Palmdale Estates met every hope and dream we had for our wedding day. Our guests fell in love with the place just as we did, and I am so glad we were able to celebrate our happiest of days here.

Wonderful venue and staff

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Julianna

I could not say better things about this venue. The staff is amazing (you rock, Leann!) and I seriously did not have to worry about anything. I was able to keep in fairly constant contact with staff, confirm payments, and hand over a day-of plan without stressing out. The venue... Read More itself is beautiful and the food was delicious. It's a hidden gem so take advantage of it!

A Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 4/28/2014 Dana C

I had my wedding at Palmdale Estates just a few weeks ago. The day was beautiful and it could not have gone better! Right from the start Lindsay and Leann were SO accommodating and wonderful!! They helped us from start to finish and answered all my 100s of questions. Most... Read More importantly Leann listened to my vision and made it happen, no matter how silly or complicated. My advice: get married here quick before it's gone!

Best Day Ever

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Solmaz V

We found the Palmdale Estates on The Knot. When we went to look at the site, we were blown away at how beautiful and quaint it was. Beside the fact that we had to cut down our guest list by 20 people to fit the venue, it was exactly what we had been looking for. A gorgeous house... Read More with a gorgeous backyard. The surrounding gardens were a wow factor for us and our guests fell in love with it as they took the gorgeous walk to the Best House. Originally we had reservations about the catering but on the day, the food was great. They were flexible enough to allow us to customize the food to our taste. I am Iranian and my husband is Croatian so we had bits and pieces of each culture in the food. Perfection! The Palmdale staff made our day the best day of our lives. They were attentive, kind, hard working and they genuinely cared about my husband and I. I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about how much they cared for us and our guests. We were on a budget and were looking for something beautiful yet reasonably priced. If we had to do it all over again, we would pay double what we did for the experience the Palmdale staff gave us. I am in love with this place and it's people. Leann was amazing and went so far beyond what was expected. Both our parents kept talking about how amazing this woman was. We are grateful for having found this place. If there was a sixth star, they deserve it.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 David S

Palmdale has a large estate right in Fremont. We had our ceremony in the sunken garden which is perfectly set up to hold a ceremony. Having an outdoor ceremony in a garden with Redwoods and Palm trees makes it a very California wedding. Reception behind the best house and cake +... Read More dancing in the best house also made for a great combination. Highly recommended and very good value.

Beautiful place! Great value!

Reviewed on 8/17/2013 Winnie H

This is a great place for both indoor and outdoor weddings. It has so much ground for the guests to roam around. We had our wedding in the Sunken garden and our reception in the backyard of Best house. There were a few minor hick-ups but, overall, we had a beautiful wedding.

Venue

Reviewed on 11/28/2012 Paul S

Nice venue. 2 options for outdoor ceremony. In door reception seats 100 people.

Beautiful!!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2012 Araceli A

This was the first place we saw...I fell in love!! The gardens are beautiful, the house is beautiful...I know it sounds like i'm repeating myself, but I don't know what else to say!! The service is great - the girls: Leann, Lindsey, and Veena are the best!! They answered all of... Read More my questions and helped me in every way they could. Our DJ does weddings there a lot so they all know each other and work well together. Everything went smoothly and our guests knew where to go for the ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception. The ceremony was in the Sunken garden. Besides being beautiful, its not completely flat - so no matter where your guests are sitting, they will be able to see. Cocktail hour was at the Pine Grove garden - it was great. Right next to the Sunken garden, they set it up nicely. Dinner was in the Best House garden. And the dancing/party was inside the Best House. Everything in the same place, no one had to drive off somewhere else. The food was DELICIOUS!! We still have people calling us telling us how beautiful everything was and that it was one of the best weddings they have gone to!! Also, the staff was very attentative with our guests - coming around offering our guests wine & picking up plates. In short, you will not go wrong!! Our wedding was the best day of our lives & I cant think of another place where we could have had our wedding. Palmdale Estates, thank you!!!

Overall Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/03/2012 Monnette J

Our event manager was Leann and she was the best. She quickly answered questions via email and phone, she provided everything I asked, and she is fun! Palmdale is amazing, you don't even need that much decor to make it nice because it is already nice! We just used table... Read More runners and centerpieces and all the guests loved it there.

Palmdale Estates: A Fairytale Indian Wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2012 Smita R

Months later I am still getting compliments on Palmdale Estates. The guests loved the beautiful place, the set up, the atmosphere. From our perspective, Veena and Leann made the day-- from the initial tour to debriefing after, they were there 110%. They make the day and the... Read More planning as stress-less as possible. They are very accommodating and try to understand the client's needs. The service was above and beyond they day of and looking at pictures I am amazed at all of the servers with trays, the set up, and of course Leann and Veena even running around in the background. I look forward to another excuse to go there. Location: In a nice part of Fremont Mission Area. Hidden away. Parking: Plenty of parking The grounds: Breathtaking. Green with flowers and so much color. The mansion is amazing. The service: Professional and well organized The planners: Very prompt, attentive and comforting. They have many options to choose from in terms of food, DJ, etc. Overall experience: Excellent. Value: A great value-- We had a 400 person Indian wedding (ceremony, cocktail and reception) for about 30k. Nothing was left out.

The best caterer I could have wished for...

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Jennifer L

Unbelievably amazing! The food, the service, the attention to detail, pretty much everything. Chef Jeff, Brandon, and Virginia went above and beyond, making it a joy to work with them. To start off with, let me state that I was looking to keep within a budget that had... Read More almost every caterer immediately saying that they couldn't do it and the ones that could wanted to cut into the things I wanted (appetizers, salad, real plates & silverware). Chef Jeff not only worked with my budget (there were only 2 of about 40 other caterers that were close), but was interested in making sure he could provide what was important to me. Despite not being the most profitable client, they went above and beyond to make sure things would be great. We had our tasting at the Palmdale Estates bridal fair as Jeff said that we would be able to try more dishes that way. Despite being busy with the crowds that afternoon, both Jeff and Virginia were searching nametags to make sure they both got to speak to us that day. They also all made the trip out to my venue to make sure they were familiar with the location and knew how things would run day-of. Service through Brandon at the wedding was excellent and he unobtrusively checked in as we ran late on our schedule, made sure our wedding party was fed and hydrated, and they even make-shifted a cake box for our leftover wedding cake. All this in a ever-friendly, calm and organized fashion. Even just bringing up the catering from my wedding makes me smile (just the way wedding catering should be). And of course the food was fabulous! Nothing on my husband or my plate went uneaten and plenty of guests went back for seconds. Overall, great food, great service at a great price. If I ever need a caterer, I'd definitely use them again without thinking of anyone else.

Enchanted Garden Wedding

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Sonia R

I recently had my wedding ceremony at the Palmdale Estates and it was wonderful. Veena & Lindsey are the best, from start to finish they keep everything in order and problem free. Their close attention to detail instantly made me feel like I could trust them with our special... Read More day. When I arrived on the wedding day everything was set up as promised and it looked amazing, the ceremony area as well as the cocktail area that they also set up. Veena & Lindsey are very experienced and easy to work with, they put my mind to ease with their positive attitude and enthusiasm throughout the wedding planning process. If you decide to have your wedding here you will not be disappointed, the service was great, the area was beautiful and great for pictures. I'm very satisfied with our decision to have our wedding at the palmdale estates.

Palmdale Estates was amazing

Reviewed on 7/02/2012 Jessica Lueck L

I loved my wedding, it was absolutely perfect on June 15th and we had it at the most amazing place, Palmdale Estates. The grounds are beautiful and the house is magical but the staff need some improvements. I actually got complaints from guests that my wedding coordinator was... Read More rude to them and she had a sour look on her face for most of the night. There were a lot of seating issues because she didn't read my tables correctly (I made and printed my seating floor plan on the knot.com) even one of my bridesmaids and one groomsman were without a chair at dinner. Other than a few small details I loved this place! It's amazing and I would highly recommend it to any bride. The time flies by at this venue and the music is off by 1030 so make every minute count!!

BEST WEDDING LOCATION EVER!

Reviewed on 4/12/2012 Andrea E

My fiance and I looked long and hard for a venue, and finally stumbled upon Palmdale. BEAUTIFUL gardens, AWESOME even planners, DELICIOUS food, and GREAT price! We got married on St. Patrick's Day, (it was really overcast, supposed to rain, and very cold) and we worked with our... Read More even planner in choosing to keep our ceremony outside at the Sunken Gardens (I was stubborn). When I realized I forgot to make table signs, she made them for me during the ceremony!! Be aware they do not allow outside catering (at least that was the story when we got married) but you won't be disappointed. Food runs $30-50 per person depending on what you order, and it is just soooo good. The entire staff was super helpful, really knowledgeable, and the wedding itself was the best experience ever. The only setback of the venue is if you need it to be inside, the rooms are separated a bit. I still loved it and thought it made it so special!

Beautiful Fremont Gem

Reviewed on 10/30/2011 Anjali K

My husband and I got married here on June 19th, 2011 and it was absolutely beautiful! When we were initially looking around at venues, I had my heart set on a winery, but they were all above our budget, especially since they require you to buy a lot of their expensive wine.... Read More Palmdale was very reasonably priced and allowed us to keep that "outdoor garden" feel that we were going for. They also give you the option of bringing all your own alcohol, which we took advantage of to keep the cost down. Leann was our coordinator and she did a fabulous job of coordinating everything on the day of. She has a lot of experience and was able to accommodate and coordinate our two caterers with minimal confusion. In helping us with planing, she was a great resource if you asked her for help, but she didn't necessarily go out of her way to help us. And we had to make sure that she had all the details of our wedding straight from the other dozens of weddings she was planing for June because she sometimes got different weddings confused. There are some restrictions, but they were very upfront about things they couldn't compromise on. (such as you have to hire one of their preferred DJ's and caterers and we had to end by 9pm on a Sunday). We knew what we could and couldn't do before we signed the contract. I grew up in Fremont and actually never knew that Palmdale Estates existed. It was a pleasant surprise the first time I walked on the grounds and it truly is a beautiful place for an outdoor wedding.

Magical!

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Nichole M

Palmdale Estates was a magical place to be married. It is so surprising how beautiful the location is, you need to check it out to really understand. The food is great, they keep up the property gorgously, and the coordinators have everything you will need (chairs, tables,... Read More heaters, lights, linens ect.). The only thing is the evening ceremony does not start until 5:00 on Satuday, I would suggest seeing it would cost to have the venue all day. They sometimes do a wedding in the morning. BUT LeAnn knows how to turn the weddings around I was nervous but she was amaizing.

Look no further for an East Bay outdoor venue!

Reviewed on 8/01/2011 Ritasha L

I couldn't be more pleased with our venue choice! Having tied the knot July 3, 2011, I now need to find excuses to visit the friendly staff and beautiful grounds. Veena, the manager was always helpful answering my many many questions. Leann was our event manager on the day of... Read More the wedding and Lindsay was our ceremony coordinator. The ladies did an amazing job handing our wedding and guided us every step of the way. If you are looking for an outdoor venue in the bay area, look no further! The sunken gardens is a beautiful spot to say your "I dos". Our guests were amazed to find that such a place existed in their "backyard." Palmdale Estates offers luscious green grounds for taking your memorable wedding photos. If only I could get married all over again.

Wonderful place to get married

Reviewed on 7/07/2010 Jamie B

My cousin got married at the Palmdale Estates a few years ago and me and my now husband fell in love with the place, so when we got engaged we knew where we wanted to get married. So we called up and set our wedding date for May 9th 2009.Our event coordinator was Leann and she... Read More was amazing I could never thank her enough. She helped make my wedding day perfect and had everything go so smoothly. I was very at ease and relaxed on my wedding day knowing Leann was taking care of everything. On the months leading up to my wedding Leann was wonderful, she was very flexible and helpful in anything that we needed or any questions we had. She also got back to us on the phone or though email very quickly. The grounds are beautiful at Palmdale, there are plenty of spots to take the perfect wedding pictures. It was also nice to have my ceremony and reception at the same place and the catering was done there as while. They also hold a Bridal fair I believe 2 times a year that has all the vendors you can think of needing for a wedding come out and show you there stuff and lots of helpful recommendations on there website. We found our DJ, minister, Bakery, ceremony coordinator, and the hotel for our out of town guests though Palmdale. This is an absolutely beautiful and wonderful place to get married.

Review for Palmdale Estates

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jacqueline K

I wanted an African/American wedding. I wanted an elegant and yet within my budget wedding. This location provided all. They allowed us to cater our traditional African food, provided us the necessary equipement and accomodation. The facility has a great garden, flowers very... Read More beautiful for pictures. I had some guests from out of town and over seas, i need a place which would accomodate the reception and ceremony eliminate travelling this place provided that too. Overall their prices were very affordable and service was good.;The dance floor is very small other than that everything was great

Review for Palmdale Estates

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 katie o

I loved the old fashion look of the place and how personable we could make it with picture frames of us on the frieplace and bookshelves..gorgeous green grass and beautiful victorian house;needs a bigger space to dance with more ventilation