Palmer Hall / St. Thomas Aquinas Pastoral Center

$ – Inexpensive

Ballroom

210 R63 Highway, Indianola, IA (515) 961-3026

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Renee S

AWESOME and easy to work with. Cost includes Friday set up plus bartenders / rental insurance / police, making things even easier. Additionally, linens are able to be rented through the hall at a significant savings than normal linen rentals. They are willing to accommodate any... Read More bar needs - we requested a different beer than their normal keg options as well as having champagne for the bridal party - had no issues. Because of the high ceilings, the room could be completely full and still feel airy. It's already a beautiful space - not much is needed to add to the ambiance. Ceremony was in Des Moines and I felt it was well worth the drive down to Indianola for this space. HIGHLY recommend!

Palmer Hall - Reception Hall

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 London

Palmer Hall is a reception venue located within the St. Thomas Aquinas Pastoral Center in Indianola, IA. St. Thomas offers Catholic wedding ceremonies in their relatively new, huge, BEAUTIFUL Catholic church, but they also advertise Palmer Hall separately as a reception venue... Read More for those who are not Catholic or want to get married elsewhere (such as my husband and I!). Palmer Hall is huge, I believe it can hold up to 450 guests. We set up for slightly over 300 guests at my wedding, and in order to utilize the full dance floor and not be too crammed I wouldn't have wanted to add any more tables or chairs. The dance floor is built in and bigger than any other floor I found at other venues. The price is awesome, I assume it is so low because it is a little bit out of the way for guests to drive. With the money we saved on the venue, we bought a stretch limo to drive guests home at night so they didn't have to worry about the extra distance. Most importantly, the wedding coordinator that works with you is AMAZING. Steph answered my questions via email almost always within a day, and though we signed a contract there were a couple items we agreed to later on that she was lenient about. For example, they have a licensed bartender and therefore don't typically allow outside beverages, but they did decide to allow us to bring our own wine (for a corking fee - but was still lower than the price of their wine). Comes with bar and bartender, hire your own caterer, venue insurance, and you can add an amount to have them clean up after you after wedding night. We were also allowed to start setting up the day before and finish the morning of! t was truly an awesome experience, and I would recommend this venue because of its beauty, dancing space, and its value to anyone!