Documentary

Wedding

Destination Weddings, Photo

1825 Bienville St, New Orleans, LA (504) 920-8703

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Amber H

Pamela was the perfect photographer at our elopement in City Park, New Orleans. She was helpful with tips on the city, getting around and recommendations on hair/makeup companies and officiants. She is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to her art and has a great eye for... Read More detail. Our photos came out amazing and were everything we could have hoped for. Thanks again Pamela!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Elizabeth K

Best Photographer Ever!! Took amazing shots and helped with my destination wedding! Definitely recommend her!

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

LOVE HER! I found Pam while reading blog entries about eloping to New Orleans, and after perusing her site I knew that I had to have her shoot our elopement. The artistry of her work speaks for itself, and she is a joy to be around. She was willing to do whatever it took to get... Read More beautiful pictures of our ceremony, etc despite pouring rain and she succeeded. I am so very pleased with our photos and I sing Pam's praises to anyone who will listen.

Reviewed on 12/12/2015

Absolutely Amazing! We eloped in city park and Pam made everything so easy. Every photo shows the eye of a true artist able to capture real life through a lens. After the ceremony, Pam continued to shoot with us in the French Quarter. The best photos that captured truly candid... Read More moments of the happiest day of our lives. Pam froze time in a photo, like only a true artist can and revealed a true love between a couple without words. Being a somewhat classy couple with eccentric tastes, Pam uniquely captured images as though we were in the 1920's. We are truly awed and extremely grateful! I would get married again just to see what photos she could surprise us with next time.

Reviewed on 11/01/2015 Dawn A

This woman is remarkable!! Our engagement photos blew us away and we know our wedding photographs will be incredible. It's such a relief to know that we will have the best photographer for our wedding day! Professional, fun, creative and a photography genius!!

Surprise Elopement

Reviewed on 4/28/2015

Our elopement was even a secret to us until about 3-4 weeks before the “big” day. The idea of eloping on our trip to New Orleans on April 1st, the Fool’s Holy Day, was just too good of an opportunity to pass up (So there you have my sense of humor in a nutshell.) I knew that the... Read More most important factor for me was finding a great photographer. After scouring the internet and looking at the different websites, I just knew Pam would be exactly what we were looking for. Professional and knowledgeable, she contacted me immediately to start planning the day. I was pretty much a blank slate with no idea of what to do. Having never been to the city before, Pam offered tons of great advice on places to hold the ceremony and the name of a wonderful officiant to use. I was absolutely amazed that her price was so reasonable and didn’t hesitate to book her. Pam was very flexible, working with our travel schedule and offering to meet us out a few days earlier to finalize the details. She also provided us with suggestions about places to eat and things to do to make our trip even better. Her pictures were fun and artistic. She gave us a collection of images that really reflect who we are. Pam is extremely easy-going and has an artist’s eye for what shots will work best. She was just the right blend of giving us the freedom to pick places that we wanted to remember and guiding us in ways that would produce interesting pictures. I wasn’t looking for a lot of posed shots. I just wanted to capture the mood of eloping in such an amazing city. Pam’s pictures certainly did that! It was so much fun wandering around the French Quarter, interacting with both tourists and locals. Since our elopement was a surprise announcement, she even took some pictures with her phone. Her turnaround time for getting the pictures back to us was so quick! It only took a couple days before I was posting the whole album. Pam is so personable and genuine, I really feel like I made a friend in New Orleans and can’t wait to return. I would highly recommend her talented services to anyone looking for a wedding/elopement photographer!

Amazing Wedding Photos!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Melissa R

I can not say enough good things about Pam, and this review is long overdue! She was amazing from the moment that I called her for a quote. She was forever willing to help me plan the wedding, knowing that I was trying to get it all done from Chicago. She helped me find and book... Read More an AMAZING band and made so many recommendations that I can't begin to list them all (decor, food, decor, etc). Everyone that encountered her at the wedding had nothing but kind and complimentary things to say about her demeanor. Her assistant was amazing as well. Beyond all of that, my wedding photos were one-of-a-kind. Seriously, she took City Park and made it ours, even in the rain (thankfully the tropical storm missed us!). I have had so many compliments from friends & family saying how unique and fairy tale-esque my photos were. Pam did a ridiculously amazing job at capturing my special day, and I cannot wait to get follow up photos done with her in the French Quarter one day. Cheers to a job well done, Pam. You truly are so very talented. Thank you so much for capturing my big day!

spirited photographer!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Chrystal H

So much fun and got amazing shots of our wedding. Really enjoyed her ability to capture the experience through beautiful candid shots.

2013-12-04T11:20:47 Response from the vendor

You two were so cute! I had a blast photographing you!

Destination Shoot Done Right!!

Reviewed on 8/16/2013 Joe R

So I have this elaborate proposal planned in New Orleans, but I don't live there. New Orleans is one of our favorite cities (which is why I chose it) and I thought what better way to capture the moment than to have an engagement shoot while we are visiting. I couldn't have... Read More picked a better photographer to capture the moment. Not only did we get great shots, but we had the most fun doing the shoot. She got to know us as a couple and incorporated that into our photos. I was a little nervous working long distance on this, but once again Pam put me at ease as we were in contact often and she helped guide me through each step. I chose Pam because her style seemed a little different and I thought it was exactly what I wanted in order to get the look and feel of the city's beauty and architecture. Pam delivered and then some!!! I could have sat in a studio at home… Instead, New Orleans became our studio , and what can I say she even had a special lens that made me look good! Of course my fiancé didn't need the help :) The pictures were exactly what we had hoped and they helped to make the weekend perfect. Thank you Pam.

2013-10-29T23:36:41 Response from the vendor

Aw thank you! You know you two are special to me! Keep in touch!

Pamela Reed is the Best!!!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 Glenda W

Pamela Reed is fantastic!!!! I can’t say enough about her high quality of service she provide. Not only is she a pleasure to work with, but she is an extremely talented photographer. I planned my wedding remotely and didn’t have any connections or knowledge of who to work with... Read More in New Orleans. I found Pamela on The Knot. My husband and I put high priority on getting to enjoy our wedding and not miss half of it posing for pictures with the photographer. Pamela was excellent! We only stopped for a few posed pictures. She captured the entire wedding without ever stopping the party. The pictures turned out fantastic!!!! She truly captured the magic and emotion of the day. Her pricing is extremely reasonable for the level and quality of her work! She lives the lagniappe concept that makes NOLA so wonderful; she puts a little extra in everything she does! Stop looking now for your photographer and trust that Pamela Reed will capture your special day!

2013-08-14T11:15:44 Response from the vendor

Ya'll made it way too easy!

Happy Bride and Groom//Beautiful Photos

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Lindsay N

Pamela was amazing. She was great to work with leading up to the wedding, throughout the wedding, and after the wedding. You can tell she's very knowledgable just by looking at her photos from past weddings, but it's even more obvious when you watch her in action. She was... Read More prompt, personable, and professional. We are very pleased with our photos and thrilled we chose her to document our very special day. She even hand delivered the photos to us while we were POOLSIDE the very next day. Very impressed with her in every way. Do yourself a favor and choose Pamela Reed Photography.

2013-06-11T15:47:29 Response from the vendor

You two are so cute! Thank you so much! We had fun even tho it was a 1000 degrees outside!

Pam Reed is the best!

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 courtney f

In planning my wedding, I knew I didn't want the standard boring photos with everyone lined up and perfectly posed. A friend recommended Pam Reed and I couldn't be happier with my decision to use her. She was super accommodating and easy to work with and most importantly we... Read More ended up with fabulous photos. She did a great job of capturing the evening and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for fun, candid and photojournalist style shots that capture the emotion behind the moment.

2013-06-11T15:49:09 Response from the vendor

We had fun didn't we! Moments! And you had so many!

Best Photographer in New Orleans!

Reviewed on 5/10/2013 Krista N

I chose Pamela Reed Photography because I wanted something spectacular for our wedding photos. My husband and I eloped to New Orleans from Vancouver Canada. We cared a lot about our photos since we didn't have family or friends there to see it for themselves. Pamela was not... Read More only accommodating, she was fun, enthusiastic, honest and laid back. She cared a lot about our budget and was able to do exactly what we wanted within it. Pamela helped us choose a proper spot to get married in the French Quarter since we hadn't been there before and wanted something a little less-traditional. I really appreciated Pamela's tips on posture etc. which really did make a huge difference in our photos. What was also very amazing and unexpected, Pamela had our photos ready before we left New Orleans! We were able to take them home with us, and show off our pictures immediately. I am very happy that we chose Pamela Reed Photography for our wedding photos. She is an outstanding photographer and works within your budget. I can't recommend her enough!

magical

Reviewed on 5/08/2013 Bethany v

pamela reed captured the magic of my wedding, and i will have these memories forever. She is a hard worker, running to and fro during the ceremony and reception, yet, she blended right in. If you are looking for a professional photographer, with a great sense of humor, pamela is... Read More your person! I would highly recommend her for any special event, and would ask for her skills again in the future.

2013-08-14T11:15:26 Response from the vendor

We couldn't help but have a good time!!

Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 4/10/2013 Jane S

My husband and I just LOVED Pam!! She is amazing!!! She worked with us every step of the way and her pictures are AWESOME!!! Thank you, Pam!

2013-04-29T22:21:14 Response from the vendor

My pleasure!!!!

Amazing Photos, Awesome Photographer

Reviewed on 1/02/2013 Amy H

One of the best decisions I made regarding my wedding was hiring Pamela Reed as my photographer. I had received two outstanding recommendations for her before our first meeting. She is so much fun and truly a pleasure to work with. Pam took the time to help my fiancé and I... Read More decide when and where to take pictures and met with us multiple times to work out timing details, check out our venue so that she would know how to set up to take the best pictures possible, scout locations for posed and first-look photos, and just make sure everything was in order and perfect for the day of the wedding. Despite the challenges she faced shooting our wedding (lighting, Christmas lights, etc.) our pictures are nothing short of amazing and all of our friends and family have commented on how well they turned out. Pam delivered our DVD of edited photos very quickly and offered to add additional effects to any photos of our choice. The love, joy and fun of each moment are captured in every one of her incredible photos. She is a master of her art and her finished work illustrates that she genuinely loves what she does. Her style is artistic and unique and you will not be disappointed in what she can create for you. Now my husband and I not only have great wedding photos and a great go-to photographer for the future, we have an awesome friend as well.

Fine Art Photography

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Elise R

I picked up Pam's name from some talk in the forums. I had a nontraditional small wedding. Communication was excellent. She was professional and candid, made suggestions, was open to ideas... just giving a very personalized interaction. She appears to really enjoy these... Read More projects, which adds to the energy of the picture taking session. The quality of the photography is excellent. I highly recommend Pamela Reed as a photographer for any occasion.

2012-12-12T13:08:33 Response from the vendor

You both made my job easy! I love how you both are reflected in the images.

Great photojournalist!

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Micah P

Pam Reed is awesome, and over the course of our business, has become a great friend! She is perfect for the couple who isn't into all the posed giant family group shots. She'll do them, of course, but as a photojournalist, she is way more interested in capturing all those... Read More great moments that maybe you'd miss otherwise. Her photos tell a story of your evening, and she's great. If you're into photojournalism, then Pam Reed is definitely a great choice. She also LOVES doing elopement packages, if that's something you're looking for!

2012-12-12T13:07:33 Response from the vendor

Oh my, you are too funny Miz M! Thank you!

My Amazing Experience with Pamela Reed Photography

Reviewed on 11/15/2012 Melanie G

I just received my wedding photos from Pamela Reed Photography and my wedding was only 9 days ago! Her turn around was amazing and truly appreciated. As for the pictures themselves, they are beautiful! We only had Pamela for four hours but she was a great person to work with... Read More and she did every type of picture that I asked her to do. Since we did not have a lot of time she was able to help me decide what pictures were the most important to me and she helped me pose--which was fantastic because I had no idea how to pose or where I wanted pictures to happen. Our wedding was at the Conti Wax Museum in New Orleans and she took pictures that worked amazingly well with our venue and, again, they were beautiful pictures. I would def. recommend her to any bride who wants gorgeous pictures and who wants to work with a friendly, polite and very cool photographer. Additionally, I am from Ohio but I had to plan my entire wedding in New Orleans from afar and Pamela made this very easy to do and she helped me throughout the process and made it all very easy. I totally and completely recommend her.

2012-11-17T06:02:07 Response from the vendor

Hard to not have great shots! You all were so easy to work with and you also knew exactly what you wanted and locations. My assistant and I had a blast! I can't wait to include your images on my website! You both keep in... Read Less Read More

The perfect photographer

Reviewed on 11/02/2012 Jessica D

I cannot recommend Pamela enough. All of the pictures were beautiful, artful, and unique. We really appreciated that she took the time to meet with us to discuss what we wanted several times before the ceremony. Her input on what would work best was invaluable. In addition, she... Read More was supportive, flexible and fun to work with.

2012-11-03T16:17:40 Response from the vendor

:)). Thank you Jessica! You are Audrey's double which made it so easy. I loved being a part of your day. And planning the fun stuff. Don't be a stranger!

Caught it all

Reviewed on 10/28/2012 Stacy M

Pamela really did an excellent job of getting to know me and earl and figuring out what we wanted. Our venue was poorly lit, and our wedding was at night, so I was worried that it would be hard for her to get all the shots. We were able to do group photos on the levee and she... Read More got all kinds of great shots! I have 500 photos that I love! She really captured all of the moments and the energy of me, my now husband, and our guests. I have already recommended her to friends!

2012-10-31T12:41:20 Response from the vendor

I love ya Stacy! It was sooo much fun! I got sooo many great shots of yall being totally crazy. The dancing! The energy! Let me know next time you are over this way...we'll toast.

Couldn't be happier!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2012 Gina W

Even having to work with dark lighting, a wedding party that included two babies and a dog, and a VERY anxiety ridden bride, Pam managed to capture the most stunning images from my wedding! Every important moment, every great expression, every emotion! Thanks so much for making... Read More me see myself more beautifully than I ever have.

2012-10-27T07:41:28 Response from the vendor

Not hard with such a beautiful couple!! I had soooo much fun!!! Thank you!!!

Pam rocks!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Janis L

We contacted Pam the week before we flew to New Orleans to elope. We had an unusual request for photo-journalist styled pictures that would avoid the conventional, posed "wedding" shots. Despite the short notice, Pam worked us into her schedule. We gave very little... Read More instruction, but Pam intuitively understood our taste. Her photos captured the spontaneity and warmth of our event. The compositions included her creative use of light and texture with a caught-in-action naturalness. The results far exceeded our expectations! Pam then worked all night preparing our photos and had them ready for us before we left town. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer! Pam is a fun person, and we enjoyed spending time with her and her intrepid assistant / husband, Kevin :)

2012-10-27T07:47:28 Response from the vendor

I had sooo much fun doing what I love with a such a relaxed couple. You two are so obviously in love! Thank you for allowing me to capture your beautiful, honest moments!!! Hugs!!

5 Stars Aren't Enough!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Nicole S

I was getting down to crunch-time trying to find all of my vendors. While searching on the internet until 5:30 in the morning, I came across Pam's site. I had two questions for her after looking through her work--Are your prices for real? And are you available to do my Jackson... Read More Square wedding? She actually picked up a phone and called me the next day, and YES! She was for real. We talked a bit over the phone and I realized that if I can be that comfortable with someone over the phone in one conversation, then I needed to book her. She was a rare gem from the start. She came to me with so many ideas, and embraced all of mine. While it was hard to keep up with so many out-of-town vendors, she and I talked at least weekly leading up to the big day. Pam's work (with the help of her husband) was, in one word, amazing. Every picture looked straight out of a magazine. Her angles and artistic touches set her apart and made picking favorites almost impossible. There were so many different things going on that day, and Pam captured every moment, from beginning to end. After the wedding, Pam was quick to do the editing, and kept me informed about every detail or delay. This was when I realized what a value her work is for the price she charges. She is such a perfectionist and will not be happy with her work unless her client is 100% satisfied. Now that I have my album (which we opted to go away from the norm and went with the more updated look of a "press book") and the DVD of all the pictures and full rights to print, I'm sad that it's over. Pam and I developed a friendship out of all of this... and I can't wait to go back and visit the most amazing city in the world, and call her up for a drink!

2012-10-27T07:48:39 Response from the vendor

You two were so much fun...and your awesome wedding party and guests! How could I not get awesome photographs?! Can't wait to meet up next time you are in the Crescent City!

Best Photographer in New Orleans!

Reviewed on 6/10/2012 Tiffany L

Simply Amazing! To me, the most important service in a wedding is the photographer. Photographs last a lifetime, so selecting the right photographer to capture our special day and moments was crucial. I wanted a photographer that was unobtrusive to the flow of our wedding and... Read More one who had that special creative eye to take our photos in a photojournalism style. My husband and I did not want to pose all night and miss most of our wedding or not enjoy our wedding, so choosing someone that we could trust was our top priority. Pamela Reed was Phenomenal. Not only was she incredibly nice, professional and easygoing, but she knew *exactly* what she was doing- something you can't be sure about with all photographers. After meeting Pam we knew she had the personality we were looking for and found someone who knows how to capture perfect images and make you look your best. On a personal note, Pam was my "rock" during my wedding and made my day super special. Pam went above and beyond all of my expectations and she is the type of photographer that once you use her you become a client for life as well as a lifelong friend. The price is well within reasonably and honestly, for the quality of her work, I would have paid even more than I did. I now have incredible pictures that will hold better memories than my mind can ever recreate. Our photos were exceptional and I could not have asked for a better photographer. I am honored to have her prints hanging in our home. Pamela is absolutely amazing on all levels and I highly recommend her.

2012-11-09T07:32:42 Response from the vendor

you know i love ya ma'am!!