Artistic

Engagement, Trash The Dress

1803 Wyandotte, Kansas City, MO Kansas City & Destination (816) 216-9644

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Melissa Q

I write this today less than a week out from my wedding this September. I will adjust this is it becomes necessary, but I am certain that I will continue to be nothing but completely in love with the customer service and product that Paper Crane Photo provides. Rose and Joel... Read More were super easy to get in touch with from day 1. They were both very understanding of what our hope was for our big day, and were able to provide us with excellent advice from the professional standpoint. Rose and Joel were the perfect photographers for our wedding day. They were present when you wanted them or wanted to laugh and joke with them, but were also masters of photographing without you even noticing that they are there. Several of my favorite photos I have seen I did not know that they took as they were able to expertly blend into the events of the day to capture beautiful candids. Our portraits were, of course, also absolutely gorgeous. Rose and Joel worked very hard with their assistant who is in training to get the most beautiful photos of the most beautiful day of our lives. We were even very spoiled to have more photos than I anticipated would be available just a few days after which was absolutely incredible. I was able to get my grandparents and ailing aunts in other states some photos very soon after the wedding so they felt very involved. I know this requires a lot of extra work and time, and I appreciate Rose and Joel more than they'll ever know. Paper Crane worked great with all my other vendors, and anyone who had worked with them at other weddings had nothing but glowing things to say about them. The most common thing I heard from my other fantastic vendors was, "Oh my gosh you have Rose and Joel. They are the absolute best in KC and the country!". This praise could not have been more accurate. I stressed for many months on choosing the right photographer. There are many talented people to choose from, and that made choosing a photographer my most difficult task. However, as soon as they arrived (on time) for our wedding day I knew that I had made the right choice. Our photos came out as amazing as all of the photos I had seen that convinced me to book with them in the first place. Of course, I am a little biased and think they are even better :) Rose and Joel of Paper Crane were top notch photographers for our wedding. They have an eye for light and for capturing moments that are naturally beautiful and simple. I could not have asked for anything more, and I'm sure that when I have all of the images back I will feel as happy as my sneak peek. They took my breath away and even made me cry (happy tears). I absolutely recommend Paper Crane Photo.

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Jennifer W

Paper Crane is the BEST wedding photographer...hands down! I can't say enough great things about Rose and Joel. Their beautiful portfolio shows how talented they are, but they are also so fun, easy-going and flexible! We are going to cherish these photos forever! Thank you a... Read More million to Rose and Joel!!!

Amazing Wedding Photographers!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Whitney P

Rose and Joel from Paper Crane Photography did an amazing job photographing our wedding and engagement session. They were super friendly and so fun to work with. We loved that they are professional and experienced, as this made both our engagement session and our wedding photos... Read More a breeze to take (which I'm sure is a challenge with a large wedding party like ours!). We are so happy with how our photos turned out and have received a ton of compliments! Rose and Joel were great about understanding the style of photos we were going for and we loved their creative vision. We could not be more pleased with how all our photos turned out. These photos perfectly captured our big day, and we will enjoy them for a lifetime!

The Best!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Michelle P

Rose & Joel are the best, kindest, and on top of that most professional and truly talented individuals. Our wedding ceremony went over so we were super rushed to take pictures and they knew exactly where they wanted to go, what poses to do, etc. Without hesitation. They were... Read More incredibly efficient and positive - despite the stress/time constraints. In this whirlwind after the ceremony, we all forgot to take 2 special pictures that my husband and I wanted to capture for a gift. Rose and Joel's time had expired, they had gone home, and then Rose remembered drove all the way back to the country club, found me, and said "we forgot to take the pictures!" I would have never remembered that night and am so thankful that Rose first of all remembered and secondly that she spent her own time - without us asking - to come all the way back to our reception. She went well above and beyond for us and I cannot recommend Rose and Joel enough. Not only are they extremely talented photographers, they are wonderful individuals who truly care about their clients. Thank you so much, Rose and Joel!

Rose and Joel are absolutely FANTASTIC!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Rebekah G

If you are looking for a wedding photographer who is brilliant, creative, and knows how to do their perfectly, then look no further! Rose and Joel of Paper Crane Photography are the photographers for you! They were an absolute dream to work with, Rose was so incredibly flexible... Read More and she worked so hard to get everything that I wanted (which I admit was A LOT!) They captured each precious moment so perfectly and beautifully, we were so blown away by sheer beauty of each individual photograph. On the wedding day it started raining, but that didn't stop Rose, she was an all star! She got the most gorgeous shots of me and my husband in the rain with an umbrella. It was so fun! And oh my goodness, the detail shots! They got so beautiful shots of all the details: flowers, tables, desserts, etc. Anyways, I hope you get my point... ROSE AND JOEL ARE AMAZING!

Phenomenal Photographers

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Ashley M

Rose and Joel are amazing and will help make your wedding photos even better than you imagined! I found Papercrane Photo online and was hesitant to hire a photographer from out of state (I was living in FL at the time) but Rose and Joel flew down to Florida to do our engagement... Read More session and blew us away with the quality of their photos. They were so flexible and accommodating throughout the entire wedding planning process and responded to all my e-mails quickly. Our wedding photos turned out beautifully and Rose and Joel were calm and organized throughout the entire night. They worked with me to plan out a schedule to include all the photos I wanted but also stay within my budget. They were quick to edit and send the finished photos as well. We were so very pleased and can't recommend them enough.

Exceptional photography

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Brittany J

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Rose and Joel doing our engagement and wedding photos. They are both so personable and great to work with! They even traveled 1.5 hours to my home town to do our engagement pictures for no extra charge--they're so flexible.... Read More Their pictures are gorgeous. We could not be happier with how our photos turned out! They truly captured the happiness and love we shared on the most important day of our lives thus far.

Fantastic and Fun Photographers

Reviewed on 12/11/2014 Kate M

I first encountered Paper Crane Photography as a bridesmaid in a friends wedding and was stunned at how painless taking photos with them was. When I got engaged I knew I had to have them as my wedding photographers! Rose and Joel are so much fun to have around on your wedding... Read More day, and it shows in the pictures. They have a real talent for setting up amazing shots yet still making you feel like you're breezing right through - which as a stressed bride helped me relax and not worry about running out of time. Every member of my wedding party commented on how much fun they had taking pictures and how impressed they were with Rose and Joel. Pre-wedding, they were very responsive and accommodating. Most importantly, they take absolutely gorgeous photos! We are very pleased with our pictures. Overall we had a wonderful experience with Paper Crane and highly recommend them!

Thank You!! Paper Crane is the Best!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 Bryan M

Paper Crane photography allowed us to share our special day for the rest of our lives with the photos they were able to take at our wedding. They made every shot memorable and personal. Every photo was taken at the right angle and right amount of light. We cannot thank Rose... Read More and Joel enough! All of our family members could not believe the quality of the pictures and how many great pictures that we had in our photo book. We had a tough time deciding on which photos to develop with so many good shots. We always recommend Paper Crane to anyone in need of special photography. I can not express how great they were. We are truly blessed to have found photographers like Paper Crane. Thank you again!!!!!

A-MA-ZING!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014

We really enjoyed working with Rose and Joel for our engagement pictures. Not only did they take some amazing photographs, but they were also so fun to hang out with! They were always quick to respond and answer any questions we had. Rose and Joel made us feel so comfortable and... Read More we enjoyed every second of our session. We would recommend them to anyone and everyone!

Love Rose and Joel

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Erin L

Paper Crane's beautiful photographs speak for themselves, but what the photos can't say is that the photographers behind the lenses, Rose and Joel, are incredible. My husband and I both felt like we've known them for years, they come with an ease that feels genuine and... Read More sincere. My husband and I have a rowdy and eclectic bunch of people surrounding us and Rose and Joel jumped right in. They are easy, funny, hard-working and as you've seen, they take STUNNING photos. I would recommend them 100 times over, and welcome them to photograph any of our celebratory life moments!

Rose and Joel are truly incredible

Reviewed on 10/20/2014 Gerilyn G

Rose and Joel literally rose above our expectations from the very beginning with an amazing engagement session and blew us away from that day forward. With our wedding, they truly went beyond anything we ever dreamed of. They are a great team and made us feel more than... Read More comfortable and we enjoyed every minute with them. They were troopers through a hot day for our wedding and quite an energetic wedding party. ;) They agreed to do silly things for us like 'shakey face' and rolled with the punches with our sporatic personalities. We cannot express our thanks to them for capturing all the important memories of our wedding day that we will cherish forever. The day goes by in a flash and it is so important to have photographers that understand the special moments you need to hold on to forever. Best, Gerilyn and Connor

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Kylie B

We were married in August of this year with Rose and Joel as our photographers. They were absolutely amazing. We had a bridal party that was very excited and all over the place. But they did a great job of keeping us on schedule and getting everyone where they needed to be;... Read More ahead of our timeline actually--which has never happened in any wedding I've been a part of! Our photos turned out beautifully and are exactly what we had pictured, very laid back and in the moment! They captured our day in the best possible way and we are so grateful that they were the ones to document it for us! We can never thank them enough for being a part of our day!

you HAVE to use them!!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Elizabeth F

the team of Joel and Rose are incredible. You will personally enjoy spending your wedding day with them, plus they produce the most beautiful pictures. I don't know if its their lenses or their editing, but I swear you will look better in their pictures than you do in real... Read More life. I would change a lot about my wedding, but the one thing I wouldn't change is using paper crane photo!

Hands down, best photographer! We are so thrilled!!

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Stacey S

Paper Crane Photo was the answer to a very long search for the perfect people to capture my wedding. I asked to do a phone interview and reviewed their work online, as I live out of state and could not meet in person. It is my firm belief that choosing the right photographer is... Read More the most important decision-it will make or break the way you remember your special day. (and trust me, I have seen family members make a mistake with a sub-par photographer and you can never fix or change it!!!) And as I had hoped for and anticipated, they were hands down the photographers of my dreams! My friends and family always tell me we look like a magazine shoot! I recommend them for two reasons: their style and my experience. The reason I love their style is that every photo is gentle, soft, angelic. They are attuned to natural light and sunset timing, do an amazing job of finding great backgrounds and the best your venue has to offer. They do a journalistic style as well as more traditional posed styles, and it is a dynamite philosophy. I felt like I was in a dream, and my photos look, literally, dreamy. The reason I loved my experience is that they genuinely, truly care. They are hard workers and take time and great effort when photographing your event; they ask you beforehand about any special shots you want or ideas that you have. They were professionally dressed, and came overly-prepared and worked seamlessly, I did not even notice they were there most of the time during there reception and ceremony! They captured every detail-in the most wonderful way, with amazing lighting and insightful composure. For example, my dress reflecting on the shiny marble floor, or how they framed shots between pillars and arches, etc. At some points, their eyes would light up as they saw a great shot we could do, they worked diligently to make sure we had the best photos possible. My most favorite shots (too many amazing shots to actually call only one a favorite!) are the moments they captured my husband whispering to me, or a look between us, or a laugh or smile that were happenstance and unposed. They are the most delightful people to work with, and so respectful of the way your guests/ceremony are seated and structured. At first I just booked a medium-priced package but my husband was really after me to do the photo booth in addition. And it was an AMAZING decision! Some of our most conservative guests…..who we never imagined would even pose in the photo booth…..lit it up! They were using props and smiling big smiles. Paper Crane Photo even matched the backdrop to the theme of my wedding-I am very particular (I did my own floral and tables as I wanted to make sure it was exactly as I had planned) and I would absolutely have chosen it myself-hanging strands of crystals over a blush satin fabric, matched perfectly with the reception decor! We did not do a guest book where our guests signed-instead we are making a book with the guests' photo booth shots and placing the guests' names below their photos. I love being able to have my images so that I can make photo books and photo gifts for the parents, etc. This photographer did the most amazing job capturing the mood, the theme, the energy of my wedding and I am forever thankful. I am a very critical bride, and my searching really paid off with Paper Crane Photo, they really are the best. I have great respect for the caliber of people they are, and recommend them without hesitation.

Dream Day, Dream Team

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 Allegra L

My husband and I got married on June 21st, in a monastery, outside of Lincoln, Nebraska. We live in NY and I had to rely entirely on websites like the knot, reviews, and online portfolios to plan our wedding day; Eek! I am an actor and extremely critical & picky when it comes to... Read More photographers. For me, it was the most important hire of the wedding. I must have looked at hundreds, both on the East Coast, and in the Midwest, trying to find one who's photographic style matched what I envisioned for our wedding day. When I found Paper Crane Photo, my heart skipped a few beats. The beautiful way they captured light, the romantic (stylemepretty-esque) feeling & the truthfulness in their work... BINGO. I knew I found my dream team!! I quickly e-mailed Rose, who works with her wonderful partner Joel, & we set in motion everything to have them shoot our wedding day. We opted for the Gold Package, but Rose & Joel truly went above & beyond anything I could have imagined to make sure our day was documented to perfection. We had a very small, intimate wedding, with only our closest family, and Rose & Joel fit right in. Even the somewhat serious priest who married us commented on how wonderful & respectful they were in their work. Looking back I'm very thankful to say that not only did I marry the man of my dreams, but I also got the wedding photos of my dreams, too! SO HAPPY.

Amazing Photographers!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2014 Christina I

Finding a great photographer was the most important item on our wedding list when we started planning. We poured through tons of local photographers websites, but didn't really "click" with any of the photos we were seeing.. That was until we came across Paper Crane!! We... Read More absolutely LOVED every image we saw from them. I contacted them right away, and from the beginning Rose was super friendly & helpful. She sent us a lovely little package with the pricing and some other goodies. We booked a lesser package at first, but then decided to upgrade to all day coverage. Rose helped me along the way suggesting vendors, and helping with the timeline, and also just checking in to make sure I wasn't pulling my hair out! :) She took our engagement photos, and they were beautiful, and definitely captured the love and quirkiness of our relationship. I met Joel for the first time at our wedding, but he was super quick to help out with anything (holding my dress, picking bugs out of my veil...) and the two of them worked together so well. We never felt any disconnect, and both of their styles meshed perfectly for our final photos. We will absolutely cherish our photos for the rest of our lives, and feel so lucky to have found such amazing photographers. Thank you Rose & Joel!! If you are thinking about booking Paper Crane, do it!!

Rose and Joel...Awesome, Fun and Professional Photographers

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Kate B

After lots of research, personal recommendations and many hours worth of researching on the knot, my fiance and I finally decided to go with Papercrane Photography. Choosing a wedding photographer is not easy considering this is one of the few things from the big day that will... Read More last forever, but we are so happy we decided to go with Rose and Joel! We would recommend them to any engaged couple still trying to decide their wedding photographer. Not only did we love our engagement and wedding photographs, Rose and Joel were so great to work with. We felt incredibly comfortable, they made us laugh and really enjoy every moment! As I look back through our wedding photos, I'm so incredibly happy with all of the unexpected moments they caught and I just love how their personality as well as ours really shines through in their photography. If you're looking for an awesome journalistic approach, but you still need some of those posed family photos...Rose and Joel can really do it all. I could go on all day about how great their personality is or how much we loved our photos, but I have to stress one last thing that I really appreciated...Rose was the most prompt and responsive vendor we worked with. She always got right back to my emails and never left me wondering how much things would cost, when we'd get the photos, etc. This was a rare quality to find among wedding vendors, but it was truly appreciated. Thanks Rose and Joel! One last thing...even our wedding party couldn't stop commenting on how much they loved our photographers!

Gorgeous pictures and more

Reviewed on 5/09/2014

Unfortunately when I e-mailed Rose she already had my date booked, but she amazed me by suggesting several other photographers and giving me advice based on my wedding venue. I'm very happy with the photographer I ended up with, but Rose's desire to help out a bride who wasn't... Read More even her own client was really touching.

Fast and professional

Reviewed on 2/01/2014 Linh N

My fiancé and I are not natural models (we freeze up in front of a camera) Hoa and joel made us feel comfortable. They understood our vision and delivered! Completely trustworthy and professional they responded quickly to emails and eased our minds about posing. Completely... Read More recommend!!

LOVE PAPER CRANE!

Reviewed on 12/02/2013 Lacey H

There is no one better than Joel and Rose! We had so much fun with them during our engagement photo session and then on our wedding day! They have such a unique vision and I can truly say we constantly get compliments on our photos from visitors at our house, co-workers, etc.... Read More Photos were at the top of my list of importance - they are how you will always remember one of the most special days of your life. I enthusiastically recommend Paper Crane!! If you want 100% quality photos that you will love forever, go with Paper Crane Photography. You will love them just as much as we do!!

Beautiful Wedding Pics

Reviewed on 9/03/2013 Kristy W

Paper Crane did an amazing job capturing our special day and all of its special moments. They were very easy to work with leading up to the day and did a great job being engaged in my wedding like it were their own.

Above and Beyond!

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Holly H

2012 was a big year for my husband and I. Engaged, wedding, and a baby! We chose Paper Crane Photography because they came highly recommended. Words cannot describe what this lovely couple did for us. They are very professional, nice, patience, and most importantly, they were... Read More born with an eye for photography! Our engagement photos turned out incredible! On our wedding day, not only were they the photographers but our guidance. They were so understanding, helpful, and very hard working. Rose helped me fix my hair, calmed me down when I was nervous, made me laugh, and gave me good advices as if she's done this a million times! Not only did they take pictures, they secretly video graphed clips and kind words from our guest of the wedding and gave it to us as a surprise gift. You cannot find that in any other photographer! They would literally jump over a fence and land on who knows what and get bitten by bugs just to capture that moment for you! They really do go above and beyond! When you see your life being told through the eyes of Paper Crane Photography, it will change your life, because they changed ours!

Pick Paper Crane- you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 ashley h

I'm a wedding and event florist for Beco Flowers in Kansas City and I have worked with many photographers. So, when it came time to choose my own wedding photographer I knew what I was looking for! We met with several KC photogs and Rose stood out because of two reasons. First,... Read More she was very easy to get along with and was deeply interested in all I had to say regarding the many details of the wedding. It's important to pick someone you mesh well with since they'll be there for some of the most intimate moments of your life! Second, she and Joel have an amazing talent! Our wedding was outdoors and we knew we wanted to capture that feel- so Paper Crane's natural light specialty was perfect for us! We just got our pics back and we're in love with every one of them. I mean...amaaaazing! We've gone through them about 20 times and so have our friends and parents. They captured our love and long-awaited day like no one else could!

Love them

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Hoa D

Incredible!! Rose & Joel did an amazing job on our wedding day!!