American, Latin American

Buffet, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Houston Area, TX

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Adrianne W

We had BBQ at our rehearsal dinner and Mexican at our wedding. They did such an amazing job at both. All our guests commented on how good the food was. The avocado bar at the wedding was a hit!!!! They also grilled the fajitas on site!!!! So easy to work with. I highly... Read More recommend them for any event!!!!!!!!

Lots of fun!

Reviewed on 8/09/2014 Alison L

We had our engagement party at Pappas in Houston. We were in a back room, which was nice because it was private and the kids could run around, but we could still hear the orders from the front being called up over the loudspeaker. The food was great as always. Everyone had a... Read More great time.

Best Service Ever!!!!

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Jasmine H

I couldn't be happier with the service they provided during my wedding! The service staff was amazing and went above and beyond the normal service to ensure my wedding ran smoothly. First the coordinator of my event called me to see if they could come out to our venue to go over... Read More the set up since it was their first time at this off the wall venue. They were very organized and helped me make decisions on layout/flow of the guest. Secondly on the day of the wedding when the ceremony unexpectedly ended earlier the Pappas staff jumped in to help the wedding coordinator make sure everything from table settings to flowers were out and ready before the guest showed up! Without them it would not have happened! Thank you so much Pappas!

Above & beyond! Pappas Catering is the best!

Reviewed on 2/19/2014 Laura K

I used Pappas Catering to cater our wedding last weekend. They went above and beyond - making sure everything was absolutely PERFECT! Debbie K. was amazing! She helped me create a custom menu perfect for our wedding theme. The food was out of this world! They offer on-site... Read More grilling and carving stations which added a beautiful touch. Their entire team was so friendly, professional & efficient - they paid amazing attention to detail. It really showed how much they cared about making our event everything we had envisioned! I will definitely use Pappas Catering in the future & would recommend them to anyone looking to cater an event! I can't thank them enough!!

Beef/Chicken Fajitas

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Sara P

For our wedding, we decided to do Texas styled everything (alcohol, food, etc). So, we chose Pappas Catering because we LOVED their Tex-Mex restaurant. We had chips, salsa, and queso as our cocktail hour food and we have beef/chicken fajitas for dinner. Throughout the whole... Read More process Pappa's was so helpful in getting quotes about different services to us and they are very helpful in planning the food at the event. We used Pappa's to serve our dinner, to cut our wedding cake, and to bartend and they did an outstanding job! We were able to provide all drinks for our guests (sodas, water, beer, champagne, sangria) at no extra charge. We were even able to make our own sangria and have pappa's serve it at our wedding! The staff was very friendly and did everything they could to keep the tables cleared and make sure the bridal party had everything they needed at the head table for dinner. My only complaint was that we had 2 sparkling grape juice bottles for our ring bearer and his parents who don't drink alcohol and when the toasts came, they got glasses of champange. The parents of the ring bearer specifically asked for the sparkling grape juice and they were handed champagne, but didn't know until the first sip. So, a little mishap there but otherwise, the service was great, the food was great, and they really helped carry-out an amazing reception.

Reviewed on 10/07/2012 Emily C

Pappa's Catering was amazing. They provided our linens, china, food, and even the pecan pies for dessert. Everything went perfectly smoothly and was delicious. Rhonda took great care of us and was a breeze to work with!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Shantavia G

We chose Pappas Catering for our wedding because we eat at a Pappas restaurant at least twice a month, and what a great decision! Marisol Pezman and her staff at Pappas Catering were absolutely fantastic. From beginning to end, Marisol was completely accomodating. She set up a... Read More fabulous tasting at one of their restaurants - we got to sample all our possible choices before making a decision. She then redid our contract without question as we changed our mind several times! The food was delicious - better than the restaurants!! Our guests are still raving about the 3 appetizers - jumbo grilled shrimp, pesto chicken canapes, and shrimp ceviche, and our entrees - the Pasta Mardi Gras and the Chicken Dijon. I even saw people going back for seconds! Marisol and her staff also made special allowances - cooked in seperate pans- for the members of our wedding party whom were vegetarian as well as the one groomsman whom (we didn't know until afterwards!) was allergic to mushrooms. Her staff was great! They completely took care of my husband and I the entire night - we actually got to eat at our wedding! They even made sure our drinks were refilled. We were pleasantly surprised at the end of our night to come home with a "sweetheart" bag with yummy servings of all our wedding food packed for us to ejnoy at home! I cannot say anything negative about Marisol and her crew at Pappas. Our wedding was perfect! THANK YOU!!!

Loved it! And so did by guests!

Reviewed on 6/29/2012 Jonna S

Everyone loved the food. It was so hot and so fresh as they grilled it right outside the venue. The food was the best I'd ever had from them. I think having them grill outside makes all the difference. So, best price in town and the best food I've had a wedding, where the... Read More budget was less then 30k. You should check them out!! But, I will say, if you use there venue, the food just doesn't taste as good. I've been to two weddings at Maxims. They served the same food at those two weddings, but it was not nearly as great as what I got.

Greating catering for our reception!

Reviewed on 5/26/2012 Emma G

Pappas Catering did a wonderful job at our wedding reception! The food was great -- especially the French Quarter chicken breast (cooked on the grill outside) and the garlic mashed potatoes. I saw many guests going back for seconds! The service was also great - the catering... Read More staff and the two bartenders did a wonderful job, and everything went incredibly smoothly. Our coordinator Marisol was great about answering our questions in the months leading up to the wedding and she helped us plan the schedule for the reception. The staff worked great with the other vendors too. The company was very affordable compared to several other companies we got quotes from. They had done many weddings at our venue - the Houston Heights Fire Station - before which made me happy. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 1/10/2012 Vickie T

I do not have one negative thing to say about Marisol Pezman, Reba Haskell and their wonderful team at Pappas Catering...If I could give more than 5 stars I would! The wedding was amazing in large part to the flawless execution by the entire Pappas Catering team...from the... Read More cocktail hour to the dinner buffet to the individual creme brulee desserts, it was pure perfection! And when there was a hiccup with installation by ILD Lighting and we did not have the lighting we should have, everyone from Pappas Catering step in and helped put out more candles so that we could enjoy some much needed lighting during this evening time wedding! Do not and I repeat DO NOT hesitate to use Pappas Catering for any and all events you host! A Bride's dream team!

Pappas BBQ

Reviewed on 12/02/2011 Anabel G

For my wedding I decided to go with typical Texas food, BBQ! Since most of my family was coming down from Mexico and my husbands from Chile, I wanted them to have a taste of Texas! The food was delicious and plentiful. We got a lot of food for our money and everyone really... Read More enjoyed it! We took the leftovers home for the traditional Mexican "re calentado."

Delicious Food!

Reviewed on 10/28/2011 Maribel H

The food was delicious! Many guests commented that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. The service and professionalism were superb. The Pappas staff, specially Marisol Pezman, were responsive to our needs and our budget.

Great service!

Reviewed on 6/30/2011 Donna L

The service at Pappas was fantastic. They really went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed. They thought of things I didn't think of and even helped me save on cost. Highly recommended!

Amazing staff, food

Reviewed on 8/10/2010 Anna R

We wanted a casual service for diner, but the staff and service was far better than expected! The staff was so attentive with everything. The only regret is not ordering a better variety of food but this was only because of budget reasons. Highly recommended!

TO Pappas Catering