Parenthesis Photography

Connecticut | NYC | Tri-State | Destinations | Everywhere

Wedding Photos As Unique As Your Relationship

I became a wedding photographer to give you the option to choose something different: wedding photos that don’t look like "just wedding photos." Couples are always surprised at how easy their sessions are with me, because I don't make tell them to hold stiff poses or fake smiles. Most likely, that's not what your relationship is about. Being a good photographer is about more than just taking photos. I keep in touch with you before your wedding. I pay attention to what's important to you as a couple. And I guide you through your portrait session so that your photos feel natural, not stiff. If this sounds good, head over to my site and fill out my super fun contact form so we can talk! Full wedding coverage with Kathleen starts at $2800

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Connecticut | NYC | Tri-State | Destinations | Everywhere (860) 480-0434
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Julia D

My husband and I got married on September 23rd, and our whole wedding was put together in 3 months. Kathleen was so responsive to all of our questions and has gotten everything done so quickly! We were not going to do engagement photos originally, but she encouraged us. We told... Read More her we love alpacas and she found an alpaca farm and arranged a shoot for us- the photos were so fun and it was great practice for us! On the day of she showed up for everything on time, was super helpful, listened to all of our requests and had lots of ideas of her own as well. The best thing was that she was not pushy at all: She tells you to just do what you'd normally do and that you don't have to pose. Of course, she was happy to accommodate with any family and friend portraits that we wanted, and they came out beautiful as well. The wedding photos are everything that I hoped they would be. She truly captured the best parts of the day and then some. My biggest concern with wedding photography in general was the worry that we would look unnatural and posed. These are so natural and everyone just looks like themselves! Her documentary, journalistic style was perfect for us. The photos are unique and beautiful, looking through them has made us all laugh, cry, and smile while we are reliving what was a perfect day! Thank you Kathleen :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Sheila T

Working with Kathleen was an absolute pleasure! Right from the beginning, she listened to what was important to us. Any questions we had, she answered right away. She helped up set up the photography schedule and made sure she got each requested photo. Wedding days have enough... Read More anxiety producing moments - throughout the entire evening, first look until the end of the night, Kathleen made us feel relaxed and at ease. Kathleen completed our photo gallery in only a short couple of weeks - I am impressed by the quick turn around time AND the fantastic photos. Her photos capture people’s personalities and the emotions of the day. Like many couples, my wife and I have very different personalities; Kathleen captured both our individual personalities as well as us as a couple. Additionally, she has the unique ability of capturing the vibe, the energy, of the evening in a static photo. Could not have picked a better wedding photographer - highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Ruth M

Choosing Parenthesis Photography was, unequivocally, the best wedding-related decision I made…second to marrying my husband, of course! That Kathleen is an extraordinary photographer, with a gift for capturing candid moments and arranging gorgeous compositions, can easily be... Read More seen from her portfolio. What you might not see is her knack for putting everyone at ease and her uncanny ability to move from one side of the room to the other without anyone noticing! Even under tight time constraints, she was calm and efficient, and my husband and I enjoyed every minute with her. My guests loved her too – and she accommodated them with the utmost grace. The consummate professional, Kathleen left nothing to chance. She took note of everything I wanted, and when I wasn’t sure what I wanted, she was ready with creative suggestions. From questionnaires to phone calls, Kathleen made sure that we were on the same page and she prepared for all contingencies by researching venues and their policies in advance – and all of this from a distance. I should add that she traveled 900 miles to my wedding, and navigated the city like a local! Beyond clear communication, Kathleen’s responses and results were swift. I still can’t believe how quickly she delivered our photographs! The pictures themselves were more than I could ever ask for. Kathleen is truly an artist, and you can see it in the beautiful, otherwise hidden details she documents, the mood she evokes, and the lovely, painterly quality of her work. My advice is, when you choose Kathleen, trust her. She is the kind of photographer who can find blooming flowers in late November for a magical first look, who can show you new sides to familiar places, who can do the impossible – let’s just say she managed to capture multiple pictures of my dad smiling, and I’m pretty sure he has a personal policy against smiling for the camera. In short, we loved everything about working with Kathleen.

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Willa K

My experience with Parenthesis Photography and Kathleen has been fantastic. From the first, she was prompt, dedicated and detailed in our correspondence and during our engagement photo shoot. I absolutely love our photos and think they really express our personalities and our... Read More neighborhood. Kathleen listened closely to what we wanted and interpreted that with such wonderful creativity (like cinematic lighting to reference my background in media studies). She was also the best about incorporating our rambunctious dog. :) Josh and I were a little nervous about looking photogenic and feeling awkward, but Kathleen is such a natural about gently directing us that the feeling quickly dissipated. I think we really look like us in the photos, and that's the best feeling. I'm so happy to have this moment in our lives really and truly captured.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Jen M

Working with Kathleen from Parenthesis Photography was a completely mind-blowing experience. She is incredibly talented, professional, creative, and energetic. From the very first phone call, she made us feel like we were her only clients and was accommodating, punctual, and... Read More enthusiastic. She made us feel comfortable before/during/after the photo shoot and the end results knocked us off our feet. She gave us photos we will treasure for a lifetime and she's worth every single penny (and more!). I could not recommend her more highly.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Christine E

Highly recommended! Kathleen understood exactly what we were looking for from the get go, and stayed true to her no-frills motto which is exactly what we wanted. As a result, she captured amazing candids of us, our guests, and our dogs, and all the photos were unique and not at... Read More all your typical staged wedding photos. We got married outdoors on a rainy day which was beautiful in itself, but Kathleen somehow made it look even dreamier. We are so grateful for all the beautiful moments she captured and immortalized <3

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Ashley T

My husband and I met Kathleen on our honeymoon in the Virgin Islands. She offered to do a special honeymoon shoot for us. Overall she took about an hour and we had a blast. She was quick and funny and actually let us be natural for the pictures. My favorite thing about the... Read More whole experience was her unique shots. We have beautiful pictures now unlike anyone else's and I love it. If you need a good and talented photographer, Parenthesis Photography is the way to go.

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Katherine A

Kathleen's photography is amazing and gorgeous, and very unique as far as event photography goes, in my opinion. Please visit her website and look through ALL of her work. She captured so many amazing memories, mine and my guests'. Of all the vendors I worked with on my... Read More wedding, she was my favorite. Photography was the least stressful aspect of the entire thing, and for those of you just starting your planning journey, things get really stressful. Kathleen is quick to respond to any email or to schedule a phone conversation. We spoke and wrote, and she sent the contract. She confirmed when she received the contract in the mail, no guessing or waiting for your check to be cashed. She checked in at appropriate times throughout the process and was there to answer any weird question that popped up. On the day of the wedding she arrived early. She was in contact with my coordinator and my groom, and was quick to adapt to schedule changes. We ran a little late with make-up and that threw a wrench into our photography timeline. I live in the Bronx and had wanted to take some portraits on the subway between the church and the reception. Ultimately that didn't happen because of timing and weather, but Kathleen was able to capture the urban feel that I had wanted in ways that I didn't expect. Everyone who has seen our photos loves them. And some have commented how great Kathleen was by not getting in their way. In their words she, "was unobtrusive and didn't 'hijack' the wedding."

Reviewed on 9/05/2017

I cannot recommend Kathleen and Parenthesis Photography enough! From day one Kathleen made my husband and I feel like we were the only clients she had, with her quick responses and in-depth advice and details. My husband and I did not want traditional wedding photos, and after... Read More looking through Kathleen's portfolio I knew she understood what that meant. Every single one of my photos is more beautiful than the last. Each one, capturing a moment or emotion that perfectly described my guests, my husband or me. Let Kathleen create the story of your wedding through her art and I promise, there will be nothing else like it. Thank you Kathleen for your beautiful spirit, and thank you for sharing a little bit of it with us!

Kathleen Rose Telesco

My background is in film studies, art history and drawing, which definitely influences the way I shoot. I live in a little apartment with my husband, overrun with books and boxes of tea. Some things I like to do when I'm not shooting: reading graphic novels and cookbooks, hiking, writing comedic prose, watching movies, and quoting Seinfeld. I love cooking, and I plan most of my trips and travel around restaurants. I'm Connecticut-based but I'm a travel addict, so if you're getting married somewhere overseas or across the country, I'm always game!