Park Boulevard Catering

Park Boulevard Catering is your one stop shop for your customizable catering experience in the Southern California area. We pride ourselves on being able to customize any event on any budget. On top of delicious and creative food options we provide beautiful rentals and linens along with top notch service from our team. Email us to see our price list and set up a complementary tasting at our kitchen/venue space downtown today. Bon appetit!

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

734 Park Boulevard, San Diego , CA Serving Southern California area (619) 458-9595

Reviewed on 11/27/2016 Richell J

We recently had our wedding catered by Park Boulevard Catering. We found that Park Boulevard Catering offered the best value for the services they provided because not only are the different packages offered affordable, their service is amazing and the food is delicious!... Read More Patricia and her staff were great throughout the entire process and they all know what they are doing. Patricia is especially excellent at what she does. She is an amazing cook and has a lot of passion for what she is doing. How she runs her business deserves nothing but praise and admiration. She is also very sweet, professional, and has a positive attitude that is very welcoming and contagious. We wanted to work with someone that we had a great connection with and could easily get along with, so her easy-going and cheerful attitude was one of the top deciding factor. Patricia provided excellent tasting and consultation sessions, which helped our decision making process with our wedding. She provided very thoughtful ideas and suggestions. Her professionalism and experience during the session gave us the confidence to hire her for our rehearsal dinner, as well. Like any big event, there are always hiccups. However, what is most important is how the vendor resolves them. During and after our wedding, Park Boulevard Catering seamlessly resolved the hiccups and provided excellent service. The food was amazing. We received nothing but compliments on the food during and after the rehearsal dinner and wedding. Our guest especially loved the prime rib, mashed potatoes and the appetizers that were served during cocktail hour. We are very pleased and impressed with Park Boulevard Catering. We would definitely hire Patricia again and recommend her business to friends and family for any event.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Elizabeth L

We really lucked out finding Park Boulevard for our Sept. 3 wedding. We had 160 guests and a modest budget, and were blown away at the quality Patricia is able to offer at such a reasonable price. Our guests raved about the food (we had tri tip, creamy stuffed chicken, roasted... Read More potatoes, salads, stuffed bell peppers) and the catering staff, including 2 bartenders, were exceptionally friendly--a great presence for our big day! Patricia was very accommodating and helpful in the planning process. We would definitely recommend Park Boulevard for any wedding!

2016-09-12T19:12:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved catering your event and loved the beautiful country barn feel. So happy your guests enjoyed the food!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Food and service was exceptional! Guests are still raving about the food weeks after the wedding. We met with 2 other catering companies and Patricia responded to our emails the quickest. Setting up appointments were easy. She worked with our budget and did not push... Read More anything on us. There weren't any hidden costs in the estimate. The wait staff was amazing the day of the wedding. I have already recommended Park Boulevard to some friends.

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Geri E

DO NOT USE THIS CATERER. I dont know what happened with this company but something within management changed and they treated our wedding like we werent a priority. We had 200 guests. THEY RAN OUT OF FOOD - over 4 tables - FORTY PEOPLE did not eat what we had ordered. They... Read More ended up serving makeshift carne asada for the protein - which was meant to be for the late night snack but they had to serve it to feed people. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. I dont care how good the food tastes - it doesnt matter if people leave your wedding starving. This is something my husband and I pride ourselves in - making sure people eat well and 40 people left starving. We paid for every person. Per head. How do you run out of food.?? If it was a staffing issue - then have a staffer man the protein station and make sure people dont take more than they should have in the initial round. SIMPLE. If people want more then they come for seconds on the next round. This is common sense for caterers. Not a fault of our own or our guests! ALSO - the late night snack we had ordered was tacos in slaw of some kind. I had it at a tasting (which I had to pay for by the way) - and it was delicious and I was excited for our guests to try it. On our wedding day all I saw was cooked meat on a tortilla no presentation whatsoever. NO slaw. Nothing at all like what we tried. We had a good feeling about working with this company when we booked them - but as it got closer to our wedding the tone definitely changed and our emails were getting ignored. Ella the head of sales or something was non responsive at times. Disorganized. Our wedding coordinator who was our liason had to call and email multiple times just to get simple questions answered. She was shocked what a hot mess this catering company was behaving like prior to the event. All our other vendors were on it and I had a bad feeling about Park Boulevard as it got closer to our wedding. I have no hard feelings for the chef - who did an amazing job with the food he cooked. Or the staffers who were very nice - like Mary who went above and beyond to deal with the misplanning done by the company. I place the blame 100% on management who treated our event like an afterthought - made it understaffed - and made us not feel like we were important customers. I will update this as soon as a I get more feedback from my guests - but PLEASE do yourselves a favor and think twice before choosing them.

2017-11-05T20:03:41 Response from the vendor

First, our sincerest apologies for your unpleasant experience with our service. We deeply regret your unhappiness, and our mistake. I acknowledge that your event did not meet our standard of performance. As an update to our resolution: I apologize about Ella's untimely response to your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

I cannot find enough compliments to adequately convey how blown away we were with Park Boulevard Catering, Patricia Garza, Pete the Head Chef, the bartenders and all who helped make my daughter's wedding on October 21 at Sacred Mountain, Julian a dream come true. It was very... Read More important to us that the food be exceptional and it most definitely exceeded our expectations. Patricia emailed us a couple weeks prior to the wedding to ask if Pete could have some creative leeway with the appetizers and vegetables to include seasonal picks and we went with our gut and Pete created some incredible flatbread and seasonal vegetables. There have been very few weddings where the guests rave about the food and service, but to this day our guests are still commenting on the quality and flavors of the food and the amazing service, even making a point of commenting on the bartenders. From top to bottom nothing less than excellent. To all who were involved in making that day a true fairytale, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Alexandra M

Loved the food from Park Blvd! They were super organized and scheduled multiple meetings with us to make sure they had everything planned out to a T. Because of our wedding size, we did the buffet style which worked perfectly because they even served plates for our guests and... Read More created multiple lines to get people fed quickly. We also hired bartenders through them who did an amazing job serving drinks to our [very] thirsty crowd. I loved working with Patricia and Ella; highly recommend this team!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Melissa H

We absolutely love working with Park Boulevard at our venue. They always do a great job and our couples have been happy with them. Their food is delicious and they have so many great options. Their staff is attentive and kind. We can't to continue working with them!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Missy B

We got married at The BRICK in Liberty Station in September and loved our experience with Park. Everyone that we worked with was so friendly and easy going and the food was wonderful. We had so many guests tell us how good the tri tip carving station was. You absolutely can't go... Read More wrong with Park Boulevard Catering!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Kimberly H

I was lucky enough to taste a sample of Patricia's food at a wedding showcase and then researched others for about 1.5yr. During my research, I kept comparing all others to her food because it stood out in my mind! Her food was the BEST tasting hands down!! While others fell... Read More short or were just average, Park Blvd was moist, full of flavor and FRESH!! As a growing company, I had the pleasure of seeing her add staff and become more well know in the industry. Soooo if you are looking for excellent food made fresh for your crowd, I highly recommend them. I was so happy to hear my guests remark about how the food didn't just taste like the same ol' wedding dinner but instead was so delicious! I work with both Patricia and Ella, they were both very helpful and accommodating to our request. Best wishes.

Reviewed on 6/07/2017

We had a wonderful experience with Park Boulevard Catering. They were attentive and helpful through the whole process. Ella, our point of contact, was especially helpful during the planning and day of the event, as well as Mary who we booked our wedding with. We received many... Read More compliments on how the food tasted and the presentation. Everyone loved it! We couldn't have been happier. We would highly recommend them for your catering needs. We'll definitely use them again.

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kate W

Park Boulevard Catering (PBC) offered superb food and service on the day of our wedding. Unfortunately, our interaction with the management of PBC prior to our wedding overshadowed the quality of the food, thus resulting in a 2 star rating rather than the 4-5 star rating the... Read More food would warrant. Patricia offers a free tasting of a pre-selected meal. It costs $15/person to try the food you intend to order for your wedding. During the free tasting, we felt pressured to make a 30-day refundable deposit. Once the deposit was secured, customer service declined. Patricia is forgetful and irresponsible in returning communications. She failed to notify us the Taste and See for her company was cancelled a week after we gave her our deposit. This resulted in us driving to downtown San Diego on a weeknight, only to arrive and see the tasting room was still under construction. She also rescheduled our second tasting after double-booking. When she sent the email to reschedule, the price had gone up $5/person. While she honored the original price after questioning, these incidents of forgetfulness from a vendor concerned me. In our final meeting before the wedding, her demeanor was far from friendly, as she was nearly hostile while refusing to serve our guests with dietary restrictions food they prepared themselves. Although she offered to make them a special meal, one guest preferred to bring her own, and Patricia would neither warm nor plate this food because "other guests may want that food instead." This was something we communicated with Patricia about prior to booking and meant a great deal to us. Despite not preparing food for this guest, she included her in the headcount and charged us full-price for her because she still required a place setting. Finally, when discussing the venue and where food would be prepared, she was informed the venue was next to a dirt parking lot. She refused to place any siding on the food preparation tent to keep dirt out despite our arguing heavy dust would be kicked up by guests’ arrival. This may or may not be a health code violation. Patricia has poor communication with the rental company that she works with as she refused to honor their offer to move our chairs from the ceremony site to the reception, despite assuring us during our initial consultation that moving the chairs from ceremony to reception was included and not a problem. It was not until we informed her the rental company had agreed to move them that she honored this request. With regards to the actual day-of, Patricia assured us multiple times she would be present for our event. She was not. It was never communicated to us she would not be there, and she never introduced us to the chef overseeing the food. Everything actually went very smoothly day-of aside from our salad dressing not being correct. The staff at the event was EXCELLENT. The woman who oversaw the food prep and distribution was fantastic. While our guests had buffet style, she served my wife and me at our table. It was a nice touch. Any one of Patricia’s oversights in isolation is forgivable/understandable as nobody is perfect. If this review was based solely on day-of service, I would have been very satisfied with the company as the food was excellent and the service was friendly. Unfortunately, the amount of hassle and stress during the planning process with Patricia (something I didn't need while planning a wedding) prevents me from recommending this company.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Amy T

For the price we paid Park Boulevard Catering (PBC), I found their business model flawed. Inexperienced management. I did not see the value in PBC and realized after we placed our deposit $ how petty they were. We had to return to PBC for multiple tastings because they didn’t... Read More have the staff or manpower, and they didn’t serve multiple items from their menu during tastings. First tasting is free, they pick one item for you. After 1st tasting, it is $5/ per dish per person. Lesson learned: do NOT ask Chef to replicate a recipe. I requested a Cuban flare salad (leafy greens, cilantro, green onions, coconut flakes, and pineapple, with sesame oil dressing). Patricia invited us 3 days before our wedding to try the dressing. The result: I KID you NOT, a dressing that contained canola oil with speckle of sesame seeds, very oil heavy. Patricia got defensive and said to me, “I can't read your mind so you need to tell me what's in the recipe, I replied that I did ( the recipe was provided to her during final details meeting. I even saw her input the recipe in their computer system). she said, “oh, well it doesn’t show how you make the dressing”. I told Patricia, I told you it was a sesame oil dressing, nowhere does it say canola oil though. It goes back to being petty and inexperienced, you will learn that Patricia has a short fuse too. Anyways, canola oil was cheap, sesame oil was more expensive. She didn't even attempt to try dressing with sesame oil. PETTY. Was told me later that evening that salad dressing is a small issue, and that what mattered is the marriage. While that may be true, bride on the other side (3 days before the wedding) sees it as a way for caterer's to deflecting blame and not do anything with the issue. They couldn't even offer to buy the sauce from the restaurant. My day of coordinator had to go buy and pick up the dressing. On my wedding day, PBC skipped out on the coconut flakes (petty). More on PBC being PETTY: PBC tried to save pennys. Compared to what we paid them (the $/pp +18% + 8% sales tax), extreme pettiness when we requested orange and mint to be added to the infused water display, they told me I needed to get my own orange and mint since they only provided strawberries (I can't even make this up if I wanted to). And on the day of your wedding, should I really worry about orange and mint? And how much more does orange and mint cost. Rentals: we decided to pick the option of food without rentals and ended up saving a lot of money, they charge you extra 18% plus 8% for rentals from 3rd party. You would need to go to 3rd party anyways since they didn’t have samples in house. That was a cost savings for us. FOOD QUANTITY: There was not enough food for our guests. We were told by our guests that the tray pass horderves were not enough, and that staff took their time to come out with food. When our guests tried to go for seconds after the last table was called, PBC immediately packed up and told our guests there was no more food. My guests even commented "I thought this was a buffet!".We were told that food made for the event gets packed up in boxes so bride and groom take left overs. Let's just say there were NO leftovers. STAFF: I paid for 6 staff members but only 5 staff members stayed. Staff were students not veterans as owner claimed. FREE CAKE: Beware their "free" sheet cake offered to us was from Costco. We paid extra $100 for a second tier. The cake was stale.

2017-05-19T16:05:34 Response from the vendor

Hi Amy, I am sad to hear that you were so disappointed in our service and food. We always try to go above and beyond for our customers and I feel that we did that for you. Late night phone calls, multiple tastings, detailed timeline,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/06/2017 Polly F

When my husband and I met with Patricia, we knew this was the catering company we HAD to use. We both work in the service industry have high standards for friendliness, timeliness, and professionalism, and Patricia hit every mark! Communication throughout the process was easy,... Read More as well . We felt that she understood the importance of each detail, and helped make our wedding look beautiful. We still have people complimenting us on our WEDDING food...which I feel never happens! Everyone was happy and impressed, which made ME stress-free and happy! I can't express how grateful I am that we chose PBC as our caterer, and I would highly recommend to anyone who is searching for a company that goes above and beyond. Thank you :)

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Jess M

I was on the hunt for a quality caterer for my wedding at an affordable price, and Park Boulevard catering was my answer! I received so many compliments on the food and they even boxed up the leftovers and had them waiting for us in the fridge to enjoy the following day. The... Read More service at the ceremony was also wonderful! So glad I went with them - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Caitlin V

Park boulevard catering was wonderful to work with for my wedding. The owner Patrica was very great at communicating and responding quickly to my emails. She was very insightful and had great suggestions. The servers at the wedding where great and did an amazing job of set up,... Read More clean up and over all service. The food at our tasting was much better then the actual food at the event. I did not give all stars because of this, I was actually very disappointed in the food. Everything but the salads and starts plates which I got many compliments on. I would use them again because I feel that the service and the organization of the group was great. Maybe just select different food items. We choose the Brussels sprouts, seasons veggies, brats, and feta stuffed chicken. Thank you for your hard work.

2017-03-22T19:07:03 Response from the vendor

Hi there! Thank you so much for your kind words and for your review! I am sad to hear that you felt the food for your side and entrees were not absolutely perfect. We will go back and reevaluate the execution and recipe of these... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Heather P

Patricia and her staff are amazing!!! Patricia was awesome working with me and the groom to carefully select the menu for our cocktail hour and reception. She even provided our dinnerware and linens, all of which were in excellent quality. She accommodated our request for... Read More multiple tastings, was very responsive, and even worked with me on a few unique requests for the menu. One request was a special fall salad, which I learned from guests had been dubbed the "Bride's Choice" and everyone kept requesting it as the favorite! Patricia even let us do an extra passed hors d'oeuvres later in the evening as a late night snack. We chose the street tacos for the late night snack and they were SO DELICIOUS that literally as soon as guests spotted a platter of tacos, they were all snatched up. Many guests have told me that the food was amazing, and everything with service went smoothly. The only bummer is that during all the hustle and bustle on the big day, the groom and I didn't get to try any of the hors d'oeuvres during the cocktail hour, the rave reviews from the guests means we missed out! Thank you for everything Patricia!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Rebecca J

I am WAY overdue to write this review. Park Boulevard catered my wedding 6 months ago. It was in our backyard and I could not have asked for a better caterer. The food is delicious, the staff helpful and kind. I would recommend Park Boulevard to anyone who needs catering but... Read More especially as a wedding caterer. I honestly found them by accident. On a whim, my mother and I went to the Bridal Bazaar where the ladies at the Knot booth praised Park Boulevard. So we went and scheduled a tasting. My then fiance and I went and the food was good. We were the last dinner, so I know the food had either been kept warm or had been warmed up just before we got it and it was still delicious. That's hard. Then it turns they can also take care of the linens and rentals. And I think "wait...you mean I don't have to worry about tables, chairs, linens, OR setting them up?" So I convinced my fiance to pretty please let us pay just a little extra so we wouldn't have to worry about that. The day before the wedding, the rentals arrive. And we got the wrong tables. They were 8ft long and we had planned on 10ft long. So I call Patricia in a panic. And she fixed it. They came back, picked up the shorter tables and linens and left the longer ones. If I had hired a wedding planner, they would have taken care of it. But I didn't. And I dropped that onto Patricia and she took care of it for me. For that, Patricia, I'm sorry, and thank you. The day of, I get home from getting my hair and makeup done to a flurry of activity. The chef is in the kitchen getting the appetizers done. I get to taste the stuffing that will go into the mushrooms. We have a hiccup with the jockey box rental but the bartender sorts it out and just taps the keg as usual in the giant cooler we picked up and he made sure our guests were never thirsty. The food was delicious. The staff served my husband and I first before manning the buffet. And they plated a little of everything for my grandmother who could not go through the buffet line. They made everything work so even when there were little hiccups, like the jockey box or the water carafe getting clogged, or not enough champagne flutes, everything worked out and I never noticed there had been a problem in the first place. We had a Carleton dance off. The chef joined in. The staff cleaned up everything before they left. One of them broke our very old broom with his overzealous sweeping. Patricia sent us a check. Patricia was a joy to work with. She was responsive to phone/text and email. Even when I was nervous and anxious she reassured me that everything would be ok and not to worry. And everything was ok. It was better than ok. It was better than I had imagined. Patricia, thank you so much for taking care of us. It makes me want to get married again.

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Melanie M

Patricia and her staff are absolutely fabulous. Not only are they extremely friendly and professional, they are so flexible and really helped us customize our menu to fit our style. They even roasted a whole pig for us! Their food is DELICIOUS! Our guests were mindblown by how... Read More awesome the food was and I got a lot of comments about how people did not know that wedding food could be so amazing. We could not be happier about how well everything came out. It is obvious how passionate Patricia and her team really are about food and the people they work with. They really go above and beyond and I hope to be able to work with them again in the future!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Dan F

Great food, great service good at helping us stick to our budget.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Justine A

Park Boulevard Catering did my wedding at Milagro Farms and it was amazing! The staff Members were so fun and we really enjoyed the food. It was nice to be able to get everything all in one place and the pricing was the best we found after visiting a few other caterers. We found... Read More that lots of other caterers put in lots of hidden fees. Patricia was very upfront with pricing from the get go which I found refreshing. You can't go wrong with Park Boulevard Catering!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Lacy R

I came to an event they had and it was such a great time. The food was great and so was the service. I am really looking forward to the next time they host another event!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren Q

Patricia is such a sweetheart and her food was excellent! We had a tight budget and she made everything work and gave us everything we wanted. We had a wonderful plated meal with a salad and the option of beef or fish. Also had two passed appetizers and a shrimp cocktail... Read More display during cocktail hour. Everyone loved the appetizers (LOTS of comments!) and the beef. I was a little disappointed by the fish which is why I gave four stars. Can't complain though because she worked so hard to make our vision work within our budget while still providing high quality service and food!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Ginny C

Patricia Garza and her staff at Park Boulevard Catering are amazing! Patricia is very friendly and personable, the food is tasty and comforting (all of our guests commented on how much they loved the food) and working with her was a dream! She definitely knows her stuff. My... Read More husband and I booked a reception venue where we had to BYO-Everything and Patricia had no problem setting up shop. She also partners with Patty's Linens to make outfitting an empty space, easy and affordable. The coolest part was that she had us come taste the food (which we LOVED) and we were able to choose our buffet (she offers plated too) from a wide variety of food choices. When the big day came, everything was perfect! Any questions I had at any time, Patricia was prompt to answer. Having Patricia as our caterer made planning our wedding so much easier knowing we were getting great food, professional service at a price that we could afford. I'm definitely recommending Park Blvd. Catering to all of my newly engaged friends. Seriously- work with Patricia- you'll be really happy you did.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Reviewed on 3/16/2016

Honestly I can only recommend her from a business standpoint because we never made it as far as the food. I was told I would receive a call-back after some research was done and I never got a call. It could have been an oversight, but she seemed overly organized , so I think she... Read More just didn't want to tell me that my needs we not realistic. I wish she would have just been upfront instead of allowing me to think that I should wait for her reply.

2016-03-16T19:58:46 Response from the vendor

Hi! I am so sorry that this oversight occurred. Since this review is anonymous I can't look back through my emails and see what happened. We have excellent pricing and quality and we are proud to say we can work with every brides budget and... Read Less Read More

Patricia Garza

I started my catering business a year ago after I had friends suggest I should get into catering. I knew wedding catering was the only kind of catering for me. I absolutely love bringing my couples personal style to life through the food that we cook up for their big day. I learned to cook the old fashioned way through mom and grandma. My hobbies include trying new restaurants around SD, hiking, traveling, taking my sweet French bulldog, Bones, to the dog beach. And at the end of a long day I keep it classy with a glass of pink champagne to celebrate a life and business I am grateful to have!