Flowers - Pittsburgh PA

Parkway Florist has been proudly serving Pittsburgh since 1982 with beautiful fresh flowers, value, and personal customer service. We are a family owned and operated flower shop, providing flower deliver service to the entire Pittsburgh region. We are committed to offering only the finest floral arrangements and gifts, backed by service that is friendly and prompt. Because all of our customers are important, our professional staff is dedicated to making your experience a pleasant one. That is why we always go the extra mile to make your floral gift perfect. Let Parkway Florist be your first choice for flowers, plants, fruit & gourmet baskets, wedding and party flowers and special gifts!

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Plants, Vases, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Arrangements

600 Greentree Road, Pittsburgh, PA Serving the Pittsburgh area (412) 937-1100
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Joelle B

I can not say enough nice things about Parkway Florist. I worked with Cheryl and Alex who were so wonderful to work with. My colors were light purple and grey. I really wanted to use a lot of different purple flowers. Cheryl did warn me that based on the time of year and weather... Read More that certain purple flowers may not bloom or be in season mid-April. The day of my wedding, Cheryl handpicked lavender and lilacs to add to my bouquet and our arch. I was so pleased that Cheryl really got my vision. I may be biased but I feel that I had the most beautiful bouquet and centerpieces. I got so many compliments on all of the flowers and am so happy I will get to look at them forever in pictures.

2017-05-02T08:58:44 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind remarks. We were very glad to help you on your most special day. I was so glad that I was able to add the lilacs to your bouquet. It smelled wonderful! Congratulations again!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Elizabeth T

We were referred to Cheryl and Parkway Florist by a friend of ours and it's easy to see why! Cheryl was an absolute joy to work with! In our initial meeting, she spent a great deal of time talking to me about my vision for our wedding day and what was important to me. She asked... Read More about the venue, my dress, the bridesmaid/groomsmen attire and our overall "feel" of the wedding. Based on that conversation, she provided some great suggestions for what would look great, fit well with our ceremony and reception, and help us to stay within our budget. We wound up needing a smaller number of centerpieces than initially planned and Cheryl was so wonderful about changing things at the (close to) last minute...working with what we'd already ordered to add to the welcome and guestbook tables. She is a true professional and a wonderful person, to boot! I highly recommend Parkway Florists to anyone who asks! We received so many compliments on the bouquets and centerpieces and that is completely thanks to Cheryl; I provided very little direction and she exceeded my every expectation! THANK YOU to Cheryl and Parkway Florists for making our wedding day/night such a beautiful one.

2016-06-05T09:21:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you for allowing Parkway Florist to make your dreams come true. We enjoy working with all of our brides, and sincerely want you to experience the best day of your life. Your kind and glowing review means a lot to me.

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Samantha S

I can't say enough good things about Cheryl and her team! I was an out-of-town bride with limited time when I was home for wedding appointments. Cheryl was always so flexible to make sure she was available to meet me. She listened to everything on my wish list, and the final... Read More product was even better than anything I could've asked for. From the wedding party flowers, to the church arrangements and reception centerpieces, everything was picture perfect. Not only that, but Cheryl was great to work with. She makes every bride a priority, and is the kindest woman you'll ever meet. If you're a bride-to-be, I wouldn't look any further than Parkway Florist!

2015-10-03T16:23:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments. It was a pleasure to provide the flowers for your wedding day! You had a very beautiful, but hot day!!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Samantha O

My husband and I worked with Parkway Florist for our wedding on 5/20/17. All of our flowers were absolutely GORGEOUS. We receive tons of compliments on our bouquets especially and and many asked where we got them from. Every centerpiece looked as though it came straight from a... Read More magazine. Cheryl was easy to work with and changed anything we wanted up to about 2 weeks before our wedding. She had great insight as to what flowers and colors would work best together, as well as what would be in season and budget friendly. I couldn't recommend them enough!

2017-06-26T18:27:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments! So glad to hear that you were pleased with our services. It was our pleasure to be a part of your day, and to help to make it "the best day ever!" Best of luck to you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Kristen W

I cannot say enough kind words about Cheryl and her team. They did an outstanding job with all of the floral arrangements provided for our March 25 wedding. We met with her twice before the wedding and everything was delivered as promised, in great condition. I wasn't... Read More entirely sure what kind of arrangements I originally wanted, but Cheryl reviewed my pinterest board during our first meeting and helped bring my vision to life even better than I could have ever imagined. I received endless compliments on my bouquet and the centerpieces throughout the evening. We would recommend her and her team to anyone!

2017-04-10T12:03:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Congratulations again!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kelly P

Cheryl was great!!! She was very thorough when we met with her, and was really easy to work with. She used the vision I had to make BEAUTIFUL flowers for my wedding!! Her staff also stayed and helped coordinate our ceremony!!

2016-10-26T15:28:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind comments! You were a beautiful bride. So glad you were pleased with the flowers, and that our staff was helpful to you.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Denise K

Parkway Florist did a nice job with the bouquets and weren't too expensive. My one complaint is related to our centerpieces. We used mason jars as the vases and wanted to provide our own jars because we planned to use them afterwards for canning. The florist was insistent on... Read More providing them herself (probably to make a profit on them) so we gave in and let her with her promise we would receive all of the lids. After the wedding, we realized we didn't have the lids so my sister called her to see if she still had them. The florist's response was that she put the lids in a dark bag resembling a garbage bag so she could see why someone might've thrown them away. In addition, she used 2 different size mason jars and we agreed on one size. She also used coral and gold ribbon on the jar and our wedding colors were coral and grey. All of this leads me to believe she just used materials she already had available and didn't customize the centerpieces the way I had hoped. Lesson learned - if you want something done a specific way, do it yourself or don't back down (and let a vendor provide materials).

2016-09-19T13:26:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review and comments. The centerpieces were mason jars filled with baby's breath. (The centerpieces were $12./each, including the mason jar) These centerpieces were to be placed on a venue-supplied mirror, next to a bridal couple-supplied lantern. We supply all glass vessels... Read Less Read More

Flowers!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Melissa S

I used them for my wedding I had them for everything except for center pieces( I had candles). The flowers were gorgeous! I couldn't have been happier!!!

Great Vendor!

Reviewed on 9/24/2015 Jamelle S

Cheryl did the flowers for my bridal party,ceremony and reception. They all were absolutley beautiful, especially my bouquet! I would definately recommend using them for any event. Very organized and on point!

Beautiful Flowers Beyond Expectations

Reviewed on 8/10/2015 Emily B

Parkway Florist and Cheryl Bakin are a dream to work with. Cheryl spent a couple hours with us honing our vision and providing expert advice. We'd met with a couple other florists before meeting with Cheryl, and we were disheartened at the advice we were receiving. We had a... Read More limited budget for flowers and wanted something rather simple but elegant. As we weren't having a big evening wedding, we felt this was appropriate. Most florists scoffed at our idea of using a couple bud vases on the tables, but Cheryl loved the idea, even expanding upon it and coming up with a budget for each bud vase (she even suggested we use the venue's bud vases to save on cost). She perfectly captured my vision for bridal and bridesmaid bouquets, and we received a million compliments on them throughout the day. Cheryl even recommended reusing the bridesmaid bouquets as arrangements around the reception space, which worked beautifully. I could have sworn the bouquets should have cost twice what they did, but Cheryl found ways to save on cost but not on style. All the arrangements were gorgeous and incredibly fragrant - the bridal bouquet remained fragrant and colorful over a week after the wedding! I'd definitely recommend Parkway Florist to any bride. The flowers just made the day extra special.

Flowers did not match contract

Reviewed on 11/05/2014 melissa b

Cheryl is very nice and the flowers were still beautiful, however they were not what I ordered and I was not notified about it. I spoke with Cheryl the week before the wedding to confirm my order and arrange final payment. The day of the wedding I found that the Matron of... Read More Honor's flowers looked identical to the bridesmaids flowers, the bridesmaids flowers were supposed to be all white and they arrived with yellow flowers and greenery. The contract even noted that I did not want any greens in any of my flowers. All of my flowers had greenery in them. When I called that morning to complain, Cheryl didn't seem very sympathetic and only said that they were making the flowers late the night before. She had a bit of an attitude as well. She should have checked her order and called me if she was going to be unable to provide the flowers as requested. She did offer a small refund but only on the matron of honors flowers. Very disappointed as Parkway Florist came recommended from a friend.

Parkway Florist

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Elyse C

What can I say -- Cheryl is awesome! She worked with me to create exactly what I wanted and kept the flower costs comfortably within my budget. She was also extremely helpful and was able to supply table runners for the reception as well. The bouquets were huge and definitely... Read More held some weight. While taking pictures, we ran into a couple other wedding parties and our bouquets were the biggest by far.

Parkway Florist

Reviewed on 10/17/2014 Gloria M

Our reception venue was the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott. We had chosen the package that included the flower centerpieces. Cheryl, from Parkway florist was the vendor they used. I met with Cheryl and decided to also use her for church flowers, as well as bouquet, flower for... Read More bridesmaids, groomsmen and anyone in the wedding party. I just loved how our flowers turned out, just beautiful work. And my bouquet was everything I had asked her to be. Cheryl is super sweet and nice and the flower arrangements were just beautiful, I recommend using Parkway florist.

Great value and beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Amber B

I went and sat down with Cheryl the owner of the shop and she is so nice to work with. She wants to know details from what your dress looks like to everything else so she can help with making the right choices. I got so many compliments from my bouquet from the center pieces... Read More at the reception. They were very pretty and elegant. Exactly what I was looking for. I felt that I got a great price for everything I ended up getting and would book them in the future if I ever need them.

Wonderful Job

Reviewed on 10/07/2013 Tania S

I ended up using Parkway Florist for my flowers because she was the one that worked directly with my venue. I had the choice to find my own, but I had heard good thinks about them so I decided to use them. I was not disappointed! Cheryl, the owner, was so sweet and very easy... Read More to work with. My flowers turned out beautifully, I was very pleased with everything.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 6/18/2013 Julie H

Parway Florist did a great job with my flowers!! Cheryl was so nice and incredibly helpful. She walked me through each step and really thought of everything. Rather than asking me questions about the day of she called my church directly and found out all the details. It was so... Read More nice to have one less thing to have to deal with! My flowers were beautiful! I was very pleased and would definitely recommend Parkway Florist!

Perfect flowers!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2013 Cassie T

I contacted Cheryl about 3 months before my Memorial Day Weekend wedding. I thought for sure they would be too busy to accomodate my small wedding party. Luckily, I called just in time to reserve a place in their busy schedule. I gave Cheryl a vague idea of what I wanted for... Read More my bouquet and for my family's boutinierres (sp?) and corsages. As the wedding neared, I began to worry that I hadn't picked out something more specific. I even had a dream the night before the wedding that the flowers were not going to be dropped off. But when the flowers arrived with plenty of time before the ceremony, I couldn't have been happier! My bouquet was absolutely perfect! I wouldn't put it down. I carried it everywhere for 2 days. My husband's boutinierre was perfect as well. She completely captured the color and look we were going for. I would recommend Parkway Florist without any hesitations!

Lovely flowers!

Reviewed on 5/02/2013 Janel S

I was so pleased with how my flowers turned out! This florist was included with my package with the Airport Marriott. I was kinda nervous at first since I didn't pick the florist out myself but Cheryl was great. She offered alternatives to any flowers that weren't in season.... Read More She really understood the spring and romantic vibe I was going for and they turned out so gorgeous. I loved my cascade bouquets and my maids were lovely as well. My centerpieces far exceeded my expectations! They were amazing! I will definitely recommend The Parway Florist to others and use them in the future for my flower needs!

Cheryl is great!

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Jessica D

Cheryl from Parkway Florist really knows her stuff! She spent a lot of time on the phone with me (I'm from out of town) helping me coordinate wedding details. She is extremely knowledgeable and was very helpful with more than just flowers. She came to the ceremony and made... Read More sure the guys were pinned with their flowers and that we all got down the aisle in the correct order and at the right time. She also did our centerpieces that turned out great! I would definitely recommend Cheryl and the Parkway Florist team!

Excellent value! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Shannon B

I had a great experience using Parkway Florist for my wedding. Their centerpieces were included in my wedding package at the Pittsburgh Airport Marriott, but I ordered all of my flowers from them because I was really impressed with the options they provided and the prices. I... Read More worked directly with Cheryl Bakin to chose the various arrangements for bouquets, corsages, etc. She was very kind, organized, reliable, and easy to work with. The flowers turned out even better than I expected, the colors came together better than I imagined, and overall I could not be happier with the way everything turned out. She was even very flexible and accommodating with several last minute changes I requested just a couple weeks before the wedding. Highly recommend!!

Flowers!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Christine R

We used this florist as it was part of the package at the venue and we loved the bouquets as well as the centerpieces.

Beautiful flowers

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Amber F

The florist made such beautiful bouquets for my bridesmaids and me. She stuck with my requests for flowers and colors of bouquets and the boutonnieres and corsages. It was a bit expensive but it was good quality.

Stay away

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Raelyn G

My best advice is that if you expect to pay for something and have it delivered, STAY AWAY from Parkway Florist. Prior to meeting with Cheryl, my daughter and I read a number of very favorable reviews. Our initial meeting, where we sat down with Cheryl while she detailed my... Read More daughter’s selections and her recommendations IN WRITING resulted in us providing her with a $500 deposit for a wedding date more than a year away. We ordered bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, altar arrangements and flowers for the cake and felt that we would be in good hands. Two weeks before the 9/15 wedding, we sat down with Cheryl to review and make changes to the initial estimate. This included an additional bouquet, boutonniere, centerpiece, one altar arrangement instead of two and a picture of how Meghan would like the flowers to be arranged on her cake, provided by the bakery. We wrote a check for the balance (more than the original quote) and went on our way. I should add at this point that Meghan’s wedding colors were bright pink, bright yellow and orange and the flowers were to be gerber daisies with black centers. Her bouquet was to include Kermit mums. The altar arrangement was to be “bright, happy colors” as Cheryl wrote it. And the flowers for the cake were to compliment the design she had chosen. The wedding day arrived and one of the first things that Meghan noticed was that there were no Kermit mums in her bouquet. However, that was nothing in comparison to the realization that the altar arrangements (two instead of one large one) were pastel purple and pastel yellow and looked like leftovers from a funeral. It looked awful and to be honest, I thought that there had been a mix-up. They looked that bad and the pictures bear that out—there was NOTHING that matched about them. When we got to the reception, we also realized that the cake flowers looked like a five year old had stuck them randomly in the icing. The pictures show that as well. So, in spite of incredible disappointment, my daughter called Cheryl to give her a chance to explain. Instead of apologizing, Cheryl was defensive and rude. She said she didn’t like where we wanted the flowers placed on the altar and that they were so far away from where the ceremony was taking place that no one would notice anyway! She also said that the Kermit mums’ stems were too short for the bouquet. And then she blamed the bakery for not giving her enough time at the reception hall to place the flowers. She then proceeded to say that we had too many changes to our order. Words cannot express how disappointed we are. My daughter’s beautiful wedding pictures will forever feature something we paid for in good faith but did not receive. Stay away. Go to another florist. Give your money to a business who will provide what they’ve promised.

Amazing Wedding Flowers!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Ashley V

Cheryl from Parkway Florist was absolutely wonderful. I had wanted a mostly white bouquet with my stems wrapped in red ribbon. She warned me that it may not look good next to my white dress, but I chose to do it anyway and it looked FABULOUS!! I do though appreciate that she was... Read More honest with her opinion in case I didn't like it. She was very flexible with changing the time and location of my flower drop off, and she personally dropped my flowers off. Actually, I got married 19 days ago, and my bouquet is still in my refrigerator, and still looks relatively good! I could not have been any more happier with my wedding flowers!!

Super!

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Rachel G

Parkway Florist listens and they won't take advantage of you, as a bride! Cheryl respected our budgetary needs and made everything look beautiful! The only reason I am giving 4 stars on the quality was because by the time our pictures were over, the alstrameria boutineres the... Read More groomsmen wore had fallen apart and they were left with ferns pinned to their lapels. I don't know, though, if that was the flowers, the humidity, or the jackets coming on and off because of the heat. Everything else stayed fresh and beautiful!