Dietary Options

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

10667 Boardwalk Loop, Lakewood Ranch, FL (941) 907-8222

Reviewed on 2/17/2018 Andrea I

Pastries by design exceeded our expectations. Our cake was not only beautiful but it also tasted amazing!

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Allison A

We went to multiple tastings before deciding on Pastries by Design. We were so obsessed with the way everything turned out!! They were able to do exactly what we asked, including our cake topper- and it was very reasonably priced! The guests were head over heels for our cake!

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Cali W

After doing some research into a cake for my wedding, I made an appointment with Alex for a cake tasting for my husband and I. There are SO many different flavors to choose from, both regular and premium flavors. We picked out a handful of combinations we thought would be good... Read More and sent them to her. She had everything ready when we got to the appointment and her cakes are out of this world good!!! When we agreed she would be the one and were talking about prices, she was super straight forward with us. We wanted flowers on our cake and she told us up front "I can do the flowers in icing, but it would be cheaper to go through a florist and have real flowers" We wanted ribbon on the cake as well and she told us she could use hers or we could get it from wal mart for like .98 and just drop it off. We also had the option of renting one of her cake stands or using our own. She wasn't trying to nickel and dime us on everything, she was straight forward and after paying so much for everything else in the wedding, we really appreciated someone trying to help us save some money. That was the one of the main reasons we chose her. She also let us change stuff a few days before the wedding. I told her I wanted a cake topper that I received as a gift and she told us it was no problem. I brought the cake stand and topper to the wedding, Alex coordinated with my day of coordinator and florist to get the cake there with everything on it and it was absolutely gorgeous!!!! It looked and tasted better than I could have ever imagined and we are still getting compliments on it 2 months later. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND pasties by design for weddings and everything else!!!

Reviewed on 11/27/2017 Eric S

Alex was very easy to work with and she expertly and perfectly executed the vision I had for my wedding cake. It was absolutely beautiful and was even more delicious than I imagined - all of our guests raved about it!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Kristi M

These ladies are amazing. I placed my wedding cake order a month before the wedding. They had it packaged perfect for transportation. Simple and beautiful. Flavor was spot on! I use to do wedding cakes and know how much time is put into these cakes. They are spot on with... Read More customer service and pricing. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 King S

Alex at Pastries by Design is amazing! She and her team made my wedding cake dreams come to life! Every other baker I called turned my ideas down or were outrageously priced. She not only made my cake, she made it better than I had imagined and it was affordable! We had 2... Read More flavors and both were so yummy and moist. We don't live in the area, but every time we come to town, we stop in for cupcakes. Book her and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/06/2016 shelbye s

Amazing quality and so easy to work with. We absolutely loved our wedding cake, it was beautiful and tasted great!! It was a huge hit. So happy we chose Pastries by Design!!

Very Helpful and affordable

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Leigh T

Our cake was very simple and very affordable. They were able to work with our budget and help us conceptualize what we wanted for our beach wedding cake. She was even willing to make half of the layers out of styrofoam and nobody knew. The sheet cakes that we served the guests... Read More were delish!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Alina R

I was doing a destination wedding, and only had a week and a half at the location before the wedding. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to have a cake tasting, but when I emailed Alex, she put my mind at ease immediately. We had SO much fun at the cake tasting! The cake... Read More was so delicious (and I have a gluten allergy!), and my husband and parents got to try the regular (non gluten-free) cakes and they loved them as well! Alex was incredibly helpful and made sure that everything was going to be perfect. We ended up doing both gluten free and regular cakes, and we devoured them. SO DELICIOUS!!!

Yummy and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 Paula S

The cake was the Best wedding cake I have tasted in years. It was exactly what I wanted. It was moist and the buttercream icing was delicious. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Ariana D

We had a white chocolate raspberry cake! It was amazing! Everyone loved it and wanted seconds!

If I have to listen to my mother talk about this cake one more time....

Reviewed on 4/17/2014 Caitlin C

It seems the overall consensus are that wedding cakes are typically pretty awful. Or at least that's opinion all of my guests shared about their experiences prior to our wedding. My husband and I don't eat sweet often, because, well, we just prefer meats and carbs. :) In fact,... Read More we didn't know even what to pick besides chocolate and amaretto. So, we didn't have much to compare it to during our tasting besides that it was pretty delicious and we like those flavors. Our wedding cake was one of those details neither of us had a strong opinion about. We picked out a design on Pintrest and a special topper on Etsy ( and chose the highest recommended baker in Sarasota on However, this is evidently a HUGE detail for the guests. And, apparently, our cake was hands down the best wedding cake they have ever had. The cake and the food were all anyone talked about for days! In fact, it became everyone's go to late night snack after the ceremony. My mom still makes a point to mention the cake to anyone who asks about her daughter's wedding. It was very whimsical and looked identical to the picture we picked out. They also allowed lollipopworkshop to deliver the topper months in advance and stored it safely for us. Now, we will always use Pastries by Design for any party of event. Loved by all and delish, delish!

Fabulous cupcakes!

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Bonnie W

We did cupcakes instead of a traditional wedding cake, and Pastries by Design did an AMAZING job. They turned out really elegant (not hokey like some cupcake towers) and they tasted absolutely delicious. The ladies at the bakery are really professional and clearly passionate... Read More about what they do. We couldn't have been happier with everything.

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Michelle W

We chose Pastries by Design because our wedding cake was included in our wedding package. I really didn't want fondant on the cake because I think it is gross and they were very accomodating to planning a cake without it. The cake was delicious and just what I wanted. My only... Read More regret is that I didn't get to eat more of it at our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2013 Michele S

Thank you!

Pastries by Design

Reviewed on 10/22/2013

Beautiful and delicious! Thank you!

oh my word Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Malia G

The cake and cupcakes turned out amazing. We heard amazing reviews. They were very helpful when deciding what type of design we should do. Lindsy even drew a picture right there to help wash away my fears! I would highly recommend this bakery!

Best Wedding Cake Ever!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Nadia H

My husband, family, and all of our wedding guests couldn't say enough about the wedding cake! Lyndsy does an excellent job and really values a high quality. Her ingredients are fresh, organic, and locally sourced, and the taste of the cake showed it. It was a little on the... Read More pricey side for a four-tiered cake, but we went with two different flavors, one of them being a custom flavor and the other was one of their higher priced fillings. But trust me, it's worth it.

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Julia B

We met with Lyndsy, the owner, to do a tasting about 5 months prior to our wedding. I was so impressed that despite having a fabulous, upscale storefront, that she was not at all pushy and did not try to upsell us on things we did not need or want - she was completely down to... Read More earth. In her eyes I bet the cake I ordered was so boring and standard (they do a lot of wild, creative stuff), but she did exactly what I asked for and didn't try to sell me on anything crazy or more expensive. The cake turned out beautiful and delicious - we did not save the top since we are from out of state - so I ate the cake multiple times after the wedding - YUM! We also ordered some key lime glazed shortbread cookies for our welcome bags - the guests raved about them - and I couldn't stop eating the leftovers! They were to die for! I got a quote from Publix too for the cake - this only ended up being about $40 more - so worth the extra money for service and a wonderful product!

Stunning seashell cake

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Melissa B

I was so impressed with my wedding cake. I gave them a picture I wasn't sure Could be remade and they made it happen. Absolutely perfect and everything I hoped it would be. The different types of cake flavors were amazing!

Wedding cake of my dreams

Reviewed on 5/05/2013 valorie m

When I went into my cake appt. I had a few ideas of what I wanted but in general I needed help deciding on the overall design. Lyndsy is so creative and had so many great ideas of what to do with it. It was effortless to come up with a design I loved pretty quickly. The day of... Read More the wedding it was gorgeous!! It was exactly as I hoped and it was delicious. Everybody was saying how good it was!! It's definitely the best cake I ever had. There was only one little mishap, my initial in our monogram fell before we cut the cake. So the V looked like an L. That wasn't really fun to look at in the pictures, but it was outside and the heat probably didn't help. Overall I am very pleased!!

Beautiful Cakes AND Delicious

Reviewed on 3/27/2013 Courtney W

Lyndsy is so easy to work with! She makes amazing cakes that still taste great. We were thrilled with the design and look of our cake. We received rave reviews from our guests on the chocolate peanut butter flavor we chose!

Reviewed on 1/14/2013 Jacqueline M

Lyndsay did a great job understanding what we wanted and within our budget. It turned out better than we could have imagined and tasted incredible!

Reviewed on 11/27/2012 Hannah H

Wow! Pastries by Design really knows how to deliver! They did our wedding cake, groom's cake, and cupcakes. We had 105 people at our wedding and dessert for probably 200 and pretty much all of it was gone by the end of the night. We are still hearing wonderful reviews from... Read More our guest. We even had a guest order their cupcake cake through them because it was all that good. The groom's cake was a power line crossing water... It even had our dog sitting by the water... the groom loved it! Thank you for the wonderful cakes!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Donna H

My mother really dislikes sweets & she devoured these cupcakes in 2 minutes... I knew this was the place to use! The tasting that was set up for us was amazing; I had no doubt that these treats would be perfect. I love to cook and came up with some crazy combinations (Mojito,... Read More Mai-Tai, and Mudslide cupcakes) - the chef loved it and made the best tasting cakes ever; literally tasted like the true drink! The bakery made the groom's cake (Ford logo), our couples cake (basic 6 inch round) & 90 cupcakes - so good!